MPN: ALM18BS6

See the Best Battery Lawn Mowers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Hard work made easy

Life has been so easy with my AEG lawn mower, starts so easy, just a push of a button and off you go. A catcher is not required, with the option for the grass being mulched. With my smaller yard I only charge the batteries when needed. The mower folds up for easy storage

Purchased in November 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Product is used: Occasionally

EXCELLENT!!! with a capital 'E'

Had been eyeing one of these off for a while. (Bit annoyed at the price rise) I have quite a thick lawn and was wondering how it would go. It cut thought it like a carving knife. I was blown away by the power this thing puts out. I like it's robust construction.. I got through my yard on 1 charge.. approx 350sq M.

Two things been pointed in other reviews I've read -
1. Batteries not backward compatible, eg. A 5AH battery from your power tool won't fit, but the 6AH will fit in your power tool. As a person with an electronic engineering background, I am making an educated guess that 6AH would be the smallest battery that would be safe to use due to battery power/heat dissipation issues.
2. The other popular comment (AEG website reviews) is the lowest cutting height is nowhere near that of the petrol mowers... thus there is a problem on low height setting with the chassis scraping the ground. (Uneven surfaces) I found this to be a problem, and on buffalo grass it does sink in making it very hard going. AEG claim that this is out of their control due to current machine guarding standards. I would support that, as some friends have remarked that their new petrol lawn mover has similar problems.
Other Features/Comments-
1. It has a similar weight to that of a petrol mower, but I think that would be needed ensure effective cutting and stability.
2. This mower can be folded up and stored vertically. Can only wipe it down with a rag... Don't hose it!!
3. I'm unsure the catcher will last the distance - it is fabric with plastic insert on the base.
4. The control cable that runs up the handle. It flops around a bit. - prone to getting caught up in bushes
5. Much quieter than a petrol, but it still does put out noise... maybe about half as loud as a petrol..
Conclusion:
If you have a thick buffalo lawn or uneven lawn, I would test one out first otherwise best lawn mower I've ever owned.
Thus far, I would NEVER go back to a petrol mower.

Purchased in March 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $799.00.

Product is used: Weekly

Wish I never brought it

AEG Fusion brushless 18” 2x18V (36v) mower
The 2 x 6.0Ah battery’s supplied with the mower will only mow 250 square meters of average length turf (about 80mm), you will have to buy 2 more batteries if you want to mow a larger area. The mower I had stopped working after 3 months (had only done 4 hours of work), I contact AEG warranty they informed me that they wouldn’t replace but repair it and that would take 10-14 days. So I guess I’ll just have to put up with a jungle for a backyard untill I get the repaired mower back. Disappointing from AEG you’ll think for a company that advertises themselves as a premium band they’d replace the mower especially after only doing 4 hours work.

Purchased in December 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Product is used: Weekly

SO quiet

it takes an hour to charge and will plough through thickest hunks of grass like jelly. Its so quiet you can start mowing at 6am without annoying the neighbours. Its lasts couple hours or at least does our back and front lawn (800sqM) no issues running out of power. At least we don't have to drive to the petrol station anymore and just a quick plugin. It is also very lightweight so I (a small woman) can handle it very easily. Its so easy to clean, looks modern, there is no plugs or leads to deal with whilst you're mowing. This is so far an excellent product however, we have only had it for 2 months.

Date PurchasedNov 2018