AEG 2x18v (36V) 6.0Ah 18" Fusion Lawn Mower ALM18BS6

• Battery Life
Steve

SteveGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Don't bother

In short, garbage. I picked one of these up some time ago; this is not a fly-by-night review. The battery life is appalling. When you try to charge the battery, it flashes a red light at you, apparently it’s too hot. You go back inside, wait an hour or two, and it’s still flashing a stupid red light at you not even starting recharging. If you unplug and reinsert the battery it MAY start recharting. I’ve literally gone in every half hour. four or five times. repeating this process. Most times, even after this it’s only partially charged and flashing the red light at me again. I reiterate – GARBAGE! AEG should hang their heads in shame.

Purchased in June 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

whipCentral West, NSW

Good replacement for my old 4 stroke

Purchased in January 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse for $799.00.

John S.Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

It does the job very well!

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse for $799.00.

Battery Lawn Mowers

Find out how AEG 2x18v (36V) 6.0Ah 18" Fusion Lawn Mower ALM18BS6 compares to other Battery Lawn Mowers

Rob

RobCentral Queensland, QLD

Should’ve tried one first

Purchased in September 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores.

Murray J.

Murray J.Aranda 2614, ACT

Highly recommended

Purchased this mower, got it home but mulch plug extremely hard to get in and out. Took it back to Bunnings (Belconnen Canberra) and staff attending agreed it was unacceptable. They tried to modify the plug but to no avail. Eventually had to swap the mower for one where the plug went in and out as it should, smoothly. Product ambassador Daniel Owens was extremely helpful and key to resolving the problem for me! I definitely recommend the mower but if you buy one beware the mulch plug, check it out first. Whether I got the one lemon or it’s a whole batch that has this problem who knows.

Purchased in October 2020 for $799.00.

David4242

David4242Gippsland, VIC

Very Good

It is powerful. Batteries charge readily and I can do my whole lawn of a suburban house on one charge. All the other mowers I looked at looked like such flimsy cheap plastic and had small blade diameters. Build quality is good. Catcher not so good.

This mower is Hard to push on lowest cut setting.. I dont like the catcher which is made from fabric and plastic. The catcher struggles to bring all the grass into itself. A lot of grass never gets caught, and a lot falls out of the mower when you take off the catcher to empty it. Design issue here I think.

All in all a very good mower and worth the extra few dollars.

Purchased in October 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores.

Bob Muirhead

Bob MuirheadHobart, TAS

Good electric mower

Just as good as my previous petrol mower, without having to pull a cord. Batteries lasted well long enough for my mowing time (about 3/4 of an hour) only 1/3 down after use. Only drawback is the pictorial instructions do not make it clear you have to hold in the 'start' button while compressing the 'go'lever.

Purchased in August 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $499.00.

stop the goats

stop the goatsperth

Simple and easy to use

I would definitely recommend buying AEG tools and this lawn mower as well. It's easy to use, so would suit older people or females(no offence intended), or not the mechanically minded type as there is no messing around with pull start and petrol. It is good for lawns small to medium and also light to medium duty. If you regularly cut long grass, get a petrol. Noise level is good and the warranty and back-up from AEG has also been very good in my experience. A good unit that should last a long time.

Also another reviewer here states that batteries are not backward compatible. This is not the case and they will fit any other 18v AEG power tool.

Purchased in April 2020 for $799.00.

john

johnGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Impossible to mow on lowest turf setting

Purchased in April 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $800.00.

Battery Lawn Mowers

Trackless

TracklessGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Takes a lot of push

The only problem I have is that the mower takes quite a bit of pushing in thicker grass especially when mowing at a lower height. I found it nigh impossible if using the lowest notch. Apart from that, everything else is excellent. Can do a reasonable lawn on less than half a charge and the grass catcher fills nicely

Purchased in October 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Janet

JanetGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Hard work made easy

Life has been so easy with my AEG lawn mower, starts so easy, just a push of a button and off you go. A catcher is not required, with the option for the grass being mulched. With my smaller yard I only charge the batteries when needed. The mower folds up for easy storage

Purchased in November 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse.

SP

SP

EXCELLENT!!! with a capital 'E'

Purchased in March 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $799.00.

Rob

RobSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wish I never brought it

AEG Fusion brushless 18” 2x18V (36v) mower
The 2 x 6.0Ah battery’s supplied with the mower will only mow 250 square meters of average length turf (about 80mm), you will have to buy 2 more batteries if you want to mow a larger area. The mower I had stopped working after 3 months (had only done 4 hours of work), I contact AEG warranty they informed me that they wouldn’t replace but repair it and that would take 10-14 days. So I guess I’ll just have to put up with a jungle for a backyard untill I get the repaired mower back. Disappointing from AEG you’ll think for a company that advertises themselves as a premium band they’d replace the mower especially after only doing 4 hours work.

Purchased in December 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Donna1968

Donna1968South East Queensland, QLD

SO quiet

it takes an hour to charge and will plough through thickest hunks of grass like jelly. Its so quiet you can start mowing at 6am without annoying the neighbours. Its lasts couple hours or at least does our back and front lawn (800sqM) no issues running out of power. At least we don't have to drive to the petrol station anymore and just a quick plugin. It is also very lightweight so I (a small woman) can handle it very easily. Its so easy to clean, looks modern, there is no plugs or leads to deal with whilst you're mowing. This is so far an excellent product however, we have only had it for 2 months.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Glenasked

Does anyone know why we cannot use 5ah 18v batteries from our other AEG tools in the fusion lawnmower?

whip

I understood it was only the 9ah that couldn't be used. TBH I wouldn't want to go any smaller than a 6ah anyway, unless the area to be mowed was very small

Glen

Thanks. From some further reading I did I think it is about heat being generated in smaller batteries and this potentially damaging them. Cheers

Lenasked

Brand new AEG 18v battery mower from Bunnings. Cannot remove the mulching plug in order to use catcher. 3 people have tried so far (2M1F). What is the secret. Pictorial instructions only are useless.

John S.

Len, If you can't remove it, let Bunnings remove it. Mine popped with a minimal twist, However I've just left mine in because the mulching plug works great for my small residential lawn. If you have a residential lawn, don't bother removing it. Just leave it in and mow often, it works a treat. Good luck!

Len

Thank you John. Took it to Bunnings and they removed it by pushing it forward (rather than pulling it back as shown in pictorial instructions) and removing it from underneath. We will probably leave it out as we have a large residential block and the grass/weeds grow fast in the tropics, so usually need numerous catcher loads.

whip

It is tight, but relatively easy with the correct technique. Holding the upright twist it left to right & slightly lift upwards. This releases the shorter left side & you can then pull backwards. I remove mine every time after use, as the built up clippings need to be cleanrd out.

Margaret Dasked

My brand new mower from Bunnings the battery’s only last 15 minutes run time what a waste of money

John S.

Did you just buy the skin Margaret and using older batteries? If so take the box back to Bunnings and get the combo with 2 x 6amp batteries. All the other AEG tools are lower.
Also the first charge is critical I found. Good luck!

whip

I bought the kit with the 2x6ah Force batteries. I've found that run time is at least 30mins when the grass is long & damp/wet, but can be around 45 mins or more when shorter & dry. If you've got the 6ah Force batteries & only getting 15mins I'd take them back under warranty.

Margaret D

I bought the mower with the batterys I fully charged them and 15 minutes into the mow batterys where flat

See all AEG 2x18v (36V) 6.0Ah 18" Fusion Lawn Mower ALM18BS6 questions