Afterpay

Pros

• Free to use - Zero Interest and No Establishment Fees

• Seamless integration within stores with a large number of merchants offering AfterPay

• Automatic payment plan of 4 equal instalments each fortnight

• Credit check not required; doesn't affect your credit score

Cons

• $10 Late Fee for missing an automatic payment

• $7 Fee on top of $10 Late Fee if you fail to repay the missed instalment within 7 days of the due date

• May affect your ability to secure a loan as lenders consider Afterpay a line of credit

• Rates and Fees
  • Application Process

ShefAdelaide

What a waste of time! Is this a personal data harvesting scam?

After an enticing discount offer to use Afterpay with eBay, I decided to jump the hoops, setup and verify my account. With an "estimated available to spend" $600 in my account, I tried to make a purchase for $395 and was declined. I have never been declined credit, I pay all my bills on time and manage my home loan just fine.

I feel like I have just given over a lot of my private information to a company that does not honor its claims.

I wonder if this is just a huge data harvesting scam to raise stock price and sell peoples personal information? That's how big tech is making their money these days.

This has been a huge waste of time...

Afterpay playing dodge ball

I purchased something of Ebay, not recieved. refund issued, Ebay then Paypal sent me confirmation that money was returned to Afterpay, been since the 12th feb and still nothing contacted numerous time with screen shots and nothing. email and phonecalls, ACCC next if that dont work, well sadly issue a letter of intent. so sad as I have only had great dealings with Afterpay, and such and insignificant amout. have never missed a payment and have the maximum amount to spend.

Pierre B.

Pierre B.Sydney, NSW

Great Product

I run a small business and use afterpay to purchase tools etc. It's hassle free and great for cash flow. For years banks were not interested in small business. It would be a backward step if users are subjected to credit checks and providing income details etc as being proposed.

Isabelle C.Afterpay

Thanks for the wonderful feedback Pierre! Really appreciate the time taken to leave us a review. Glad to hear you are loving Afterpay. Thanks, Isabelle.

Aileen

AileenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Afterpay are Scammers

Purchased items from officeworks and after not being able to get the items, I cancelled my order. I paid off the afterpay amounts straight away as I thought they would just then return the amount of money paid. This did not happen however, Afterpay have informed me this is not how their product works, they will keep the money on any cancelled orders. Do not use this company, they are a scam. Pay your order in full or choose another BNPL company to use. I was told how they were scammers previously but didn’t believe it as I had not experienced it, wish I trusted that person now. I will be using Zip Pay in the future.

Isabelle C.Afterpay

Hi Aileen. This sounds serious and we'd like another chance to resolve this for you. I've sent you a DM requesting further details so our team can be in touch to help. Thanks, Isabelle.

sueanneHunter Region, NSW

Afterpay is Great.

Isabelle C.Afterpay

Hey Sueanne. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a great review. I'm glad to hear you are spending responsibly and enjoying using Afterpay! Thanks, Isabelle.

Kev L.

Kev L.South East Queensland, QLD

Crap everything

Frozen from an account I’ve never used....Can not rectify problems with there c/s team (b/s team) and will not attempt to fix. Not happy and thankful there are other companies similar...

Bad Phone Customer Service

From all past experiences, Afterpay customer service over the phone are very rude, and not considerate of questions or queries.

I sent emails months ago with no response.

Not happy overall

Isabelle C.Afterpay

Hi Jess. I'm sorry to hear this and would like another chance to resolve this for you. I've sent you a DM requesting further info so our team can get in touch with you first thing next week (within customer service hours Mon-Fri). Thanks, Isabelle.

Better Than a Credit Card

As long as you are careful and don’t make large purchases you can’t handle, Afterpay is a great service for low income earners who have difficulties paying for something they need/want in one hit. Like lay-bys, it enables you to spread your payments into more manageable chunks without incurring fees.

The catch is, if you miss a payment, they sting you hard with a penalty fee. I make sure my payments always fall on payday so I know the money will always be there. Honestly, I’ve been using Afterpay for a long while now and have only had a 100% positive experience. I love it.

Jasmine

JasmineSydney, NSW

Was good, company got big now it’s terrible.

I’ve been with Afterpay since they started essentially.
I’ve always paid my payments, have never missed one.

I slowly built up my limit to $1500 and then suddenly overnight it went back down to $1000.

Their whole systems is stupid and Afterpay customer service sucks.

Just like most other companies, as they got big they started failing the very same people that made their business.

Julia T.

Julia T.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love their service

Afterpay is one of the best financial apps I’ve used because it’s easy to use, fast and their service is good. Since using afterpay I haven’t had the need to use my credit card.

Isabelle C.Afterpay

Hey Julia! Thank you so much for getting in touch and leaving this amazing review! I'm so glad to hear you are loving using Afterpay. Isabelle :)

Kristal M.

Kristal M.South East Queensland, QLD

Not good.. very dissatisfied

I'm up to date with my account, but because I have missed a few payment just a week ago it's straight to lock account zero and now once I had paid it off I'm still waiting for it to unlock my account at the moment it's saying no available to spend..zero..please afterpay I have emailed you guy so many times, that you are repeating your words . Don't lie and say if we can help fix this problem it's depends on the data system that can resolve this matter..

Spending limit

I have a Afterpay account and i had $1450 limit and and after paying my repayments i had $400 left on spending available then last night it goes to zero which has now left me with $1054 spending limit. I call Afterpay to find out why it has decreased when i am always on time with payments. They could not give me a answer and was very rude and i asked to speak to the supervisor who was also rude and also could not give me a reason and did not want to help me with my enquiries. I will pay off my account and will never use Afterpay again

Margaret
Margaret
Isabelle C.Afterpay

Hi Margaret. I've sent you a direct message requesting further details so we can get in touch and look into this for you. Thanks, Isabelle.

jjohh22

jjohh22South East Queensland, QLD

Huh what gives

I started with one purchase went to two
Got extra in my pay s I thought i would pay the next payments off in advance
Error messages everytime unable to do this Why?

Isabelle C.Afterpay

Hey there. Thanks for getting in touch! We'd like to help resolve this for you. Could you please send an email to info@afterpay.com.au so our team can assist? Thanks :) Isabelle.

Isabelle C.Afterpay

Hey jjohn22, thanks for reaching out. Could you please send us an email info@afterpay.com.au so our team can look into this for you? Thanks, Isabelle :)

Mikki

MikkiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Won’t help with refunds

Addey

AddeyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

No buyer protection

Isabelle C.Afterpay

Hi Addey. Thank you for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear of your experience and would like another chance to resolve this for you. I have sent you a direct message requesting further information so we can get in touch. Thanks, Isabelle.

Sophie

SophieSydney, NSW

Terrible customer service continues

Since submitting my first review I received 9 emails from afterpay customer service. “I just tried to give you a call and was unable to connect to the number”. I have my mobile phone with me at all times, no call received, no missed call. Afterpay are yet to resolve my account issue irrespective the error was made on their end.
I joined Zip Pay and made 2 purchases to date. Very happy with Zip Pay service.

I was about to submit my review I saw other reviews experiencing similar issues to mine. “People don’t use Afterpay, join Zip Pay”.

Refund

Have contacted afterpay regarding a refund and have not received a response. I have only received one part payment!!! One payment was cancelled and am still waiting for two payments. Apart from this I have had no problems at all. Only this particular purchase. An email was sent to say refund had been proceeded into my bank account but am still waiting

Luke E.

Luke E.Hobart, TAS

Ok but could be better scam for fees

So late on a payment I get a $10 late fee then a $7 fee on top for not paying within 7 days. last I checked late was late also dont I gett punished by not being able to use my afterpay if a payment isn't made in time. so make it 1 or the other not all 3 punishments.
even tho the next payment not due for a fortnight what gives sounds like a scam getting a refund is hard and stupid
Zippay better to use with Google pay I think also using mobile as certification is useless if some1 gets my fone they get it anyway and if I don't have my fone I can't use it anyway so it's useless and can't use without net useless

Peter_A

Peter_AGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Poor business model

Small business owner here,
Have clients wanting to purchase off me using afterpay so i tried to join.
Got a pathetic email saying something about me not meeting their requirements and they only offer trials to certain businesses.
Won't be looking at using them again that's for sure.

Michael

MichaelBraddon 2612, ACT

Love it

After pay is the best for me. I’m now able to purchase items and no initial payment on purchases. So I have two weeks longer. No fees or interest. I have the money to buy things but Afterpay allows me to save and receive interest from my bank and I always make early payments. This product is good as long as you can truly afford what you are buying. Fantastic if you want to pay something off in a couple of months.

Isabelle C.Afterpay

Hey Michael. Thanks so much for your amazing feedback. I really appreciate the time taken to leave us a review and are so glad to hear you are loving using Afterpay. Thanks, Isabelle.