Afterpay
4.3 from 1,396 reviews

Pros

• Free to use - Zero Interest and No Establishment Fees

• Seamless integration within stores with a large number of merchants offering AfterPay

• Automatic payment plan of 4 equal instalments each fortnight

• Credit check not required; doesn't affect your credit score

Cons

• $10 Late Fee for missing an automatic payment

• $7 Fee on top of $10 Late Fee if you fail to repay the missed instalment within 7 days of the due date

• May affect your ability to secure a loan as lenders consider Afterpay a line of credit

• Rates and Fees
  • Application Process

Awesome is After pay

I got $300+ worth of stuff,and I only have to pay it off with a quarter of total every fortnight until paid off,looking forward to buy more stuff about $300 each 8weeksthanks After Pay

ALI

ALISouth East Queensland, QLD

Beware! Do not use Afterpay through the Ebay platform as Paypal will flag the transaction!

sue

sueSydney, NSW

excellent

i have been using afterpay for quite some time now. They have great service as well as helping you get the product you want with ease and affordable repayment plans. happy to be with afterpay

Unhappy customer

Unhappy customerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy to deal with. happy

When I returned the goods to the retailer. After pay process is easy and straightforward and credit to account easily. I am happy. There is no problem to order the goods or refund. That is what the customer looking for.

Kirra

KirraNew South Wales

Won’t be using again

Got a refund from afterpay they sent my refund to a cancelled account and told me it was successful, asking me to talk to my bank. Spoke to my bank and they said this could not have happened it would of bounced back they checked all accounts afterpay had said it would be in and nothing was there! Went back to after pay to tell them the bank doesn’t have the money and they told me they can’t help me. Worst service!!

Ben J

Ben JSydney, NSW

Rubbish. Declines every time, even though plenty of funds available for first (or even full) payment

Just started using afterpay since I saw it was available on ebay. Used the app to generate a barcode to see how much I was allowed to spend. Was shown $400

Ok that fine. Heres how it went:

Try to buy a 16gb ddr kit on ebay. Payment bounced

Tried to buy a different 16Gb ddr kit on ebay. Payment bounced

Tried to buy a pair of dunlop volleys ($50 ish, payments would have been $13 something). Payment bounced.

Total waste of my time. I bought the shoes and one of the ram kits on my credit card, which was attached to afterpay (but now has afterpay blocked due to non performance).

J S.

J S.

Don't Use

I was late with a few payments, advised this to them and they gave me time to pay. I paid the account in full including the late payment fees and they closed my account? They refuse to let me use again?
This is a horrible way to conduct Business when I did the right thing and now treat me like this.
I have had my wife now cancel her account with you and will let others know how I was treated and be rest assured, they will close their accounts.
I work in retail and have this service and will now refuse to use it, you will lose...

Chaneal J.

Chaneal J.Sydney, NSW

Check your options

Even though a payment was late but was made prior to “incurring any fees” I have been barred from outright purchases basically it turns into instore shopping having to make first payment prior to start.
Contacted customer service but no help could not even indicate when what ever barring will be lifted. Makes it inconvenient so I’m definitely going to look toward other finance options in preference of ease of use. Zip latitude pay etc.

Leonie

LeonieCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Life made easy with Afterpay

Thank you Afterpay have been with you guys couple of years, in that time you have made my life easy. Living in rural town don't have shops. Since having after pay never go without, from tv clothes gifts for family to special treats like food delivery thanks Afterpay

Worst thieves ever

Thought I'd try them out with a little transaction of $80, now in the middle of covid shutdown they think there above every other business and still charge late fees when there's no work no income they can go get stuffed never again customer service is also a joke

So convenient it's great

Afterpay application worked straight away and I really needed afterpay at the time of purchasing my windscreen. It was super easy to organise when applying for afterpay. Highly recommended it.

StandingstrongGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

They’re liars

Alan Orr

Alan OrrDarling Downs, QLD

This is a great company and my life would be crap , without them

They are the best . The staff are fantastic and went out of their way to help me when I got locked out. Keep up the great work. Love buying things on Afterpay , as I had a stroke and hardly ever get out, so I love buying my stuff on Afterpay. Has made my life stuck at home great. thank you and all your great staff.

Brooke41

Brooke41Southwest, VIC

Terrible customer service

I've been trying to solve an issue with Afterpay for about a week and getting nowhere. Instead of helping, I receive robotic responses that do not explain why the documents I provide are insufficient to access my account. Very poor customer service. I'm not sure if it's because afterpay make their staff follow a script, but I'm getting frustrated by their lack of humanistic responses. I've always been a good customer, paying off my orders in advance. Very unhelpful.

Terrible service

They don't even check the authenticity of the merchant. only care about the money don't care about if the customer received the product or not. Won't using this service again

Mrs mumpfy

Mrs mumpfySouth East Queensland, QLD

Thieves

They take money from your account without your permission you give permission for the day payment is due, but due to vivid 9 I have hit hardship instead of helping me they chose to attack my account anyway and took over $100 plus the due amount. Thanx afterpay, I don't have my rent now. And your not operating a customer service due to virus but NOT returning emails either. The very worst customer service I've ever had in my life.

de9756687

de9756687

Perfect for me

Used this service for my cats flea treatment to start and now I use it for purchases that I can't afford up front.. Clear guidelines to follow. If in doubt, the customer service team,answer all your questions.. If you are struggling to make a payment..

J costello

J costelloMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

payment up front

after being a afterpay customer since they sated and have never paid up front never missed a payment myself and others have discovered since lockdown due to Covid 19 afterpay is now taking first payment out up front

unhappy customer

unhappy customerMid North Coast, NSW

Nasty tactics just because I complained

Due to being humiliated by an Afterpay agent multiple times. I want to close my account as apparently no one in management cares when I was bombarded with multiple emails each day for days in a row. I requested that due to cove-19 and I am personally affected due to a serious medical condition I told them about. They took all payments left at one time and now I cannot afford my medication that is urgent. No one has got back to me and I will now end up in hospital because one agent decided to be nasty and ignore my email requests to take one payment at a time until I could cancel. Clearly they don’t care as they are not answerable to the normal financial sectors guidelines. Be careful as they can turn nasty quickly

Richelle

RichelleSydney, NSW

This is perfect specially those people big family.

Big help for big family like me that can't afford straightaway the stuff that need to be buy or in emergency like goods in household like fridge and washing machine.