Afterpay

3.5 (1,600)
3.9 (1,511)
4.0 (1,527)
Free to use - Zero Interest and No Establishment Fees
Seamless integration within stores with a large number of merchants offering AfterPay
Automatic payment plan of 4 equal instalments each fortnight
Credit check not required; doesn't affect your credit score
$10 Late Fee for missing an automatic payment
$7 Fee on top of $10 Late Fee if you fail to repay the missed instalment within 7 days of the due date
May affect your ability to secure a loan as lenders consider Afterpay a line of credit
See the Best Buy Now, Pay Later Services in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

2,895 reviews
Susan Jones
Susan Jones

Appalling customer service

Tried many times to get help and a call back still nothing
Rob
RobNSWSydney, NSW

Quick to take money, not quick to respond to enquiries from long term customers

I have used AfterPay for years and loved it. I have never missed a payment and have it set up in direct debit. Received a text a couple of days ago that my payment was overdue and a $10 late payment fee would be incurred. There was available funds for the direct debit and the debit was not taken, also unlike all my other payments I didn't receive a reminder for this payment. I suspect it is an issue on their end, however it is impossible to contact them. No email available, and no response on the help chat on the app.
NS
NSNSWSydney, NSW16 posts

susan g.
susan g.2 posts

Ripoff

I was charged a $10 late fee when the funds were available
b74358345
b74358345

Communication is not their strong point!

If I could give minus 5 stars, I would!

It is absolutely ridiculous as a merchant trying to take my business to the next level and afterpay knocks us back and won’t even tell us what we need to do to be accepted because it’s “confidential information”

Are you kidding me? How am I meant to know what to do to be accepted?

This in turn is losing my business and your business money!

Never heard anything so ridiculous in my life!

GRRRR VERY VERY FRUSTRATED!

Hai D.
Hai D.

Do not use afterpay. They do not care if u received a faulty buy

Afterpay do not protect buyer like paypal. They do not care to return your refund no matter how wrong the seller is. I bought an expensive indoor plant and die in a week and they back up the seller and closes the case quick as moron!. Ive been using so many afterpay transactions and so many regrets cause I won’t be able to return any it. Use paypal. They have split payment and protect the buyer at least a month.
northeast
northeastNew South Wales31 posts

Afterpay is awful

All payments made on time, no issues with transactions, money available, and now they've frozen the account, and are asking for ID and statements. The data about the payments is in their records and the ID was requested upon creation of the account. Customer service and the whole Afterpay experience is awful and a waste of time. Will pay it out and close it. Don't waste your time with Afterpay, get a credit card from a reputable bank instead.
Chestnutwolfe
ChestnutwolfeQLDNorth Queensland, QLD9 posts

Convenient for specials but little else to offer

I used to use afterpay a lot when it offered decent rewards (at least in the 'mint' level of membership) but now this feature has been removed. I still use it if something is on special that I can't afford at the time, but that's about all it's good for now. I don't go out of my way to use it anymore.
Charmaine
Charmaine

Service

Their msg is poorly, no greeting, no thank you! basically just pay up.Obviously a miserable environment to work in. No idea why? Last time I will ever use their unkind service.
Brody J.
Brody J.VICGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC16 posts

Dissapointed and Unhappy
Dissapointed and Unhappy3 posts

Afterpay empowering in fraud

We have never had an Afterpay account - my sons credit card details were stolen and used to make 2 Afterpay purchases - despite notifying this fact repeatedly Afterpay and to Amex, there charges have been honoured. As no physical card could have been used by the scammer, the goods will have been delivered to an address that is not the cardholders - obviously there is no security at Afterpay - I am so shocked - this service should be banned - its a pathway to assisting fraud
Darius T.
Darius T.3 posts

Worst experience ever with this platform

Been charged for a imaginary subscription with their merchant Kogan and now delays to refunds the funds.
Potential clients of this service beware of this behaviour!
Belinda
Belinda

Absolute rubbish

Unable to use the app, was quick to take my partner $10 and then he couldn't even use the app at all.
Kaela M.
Kaela M.QLDSouth East Queensland, QLD

CANCEL YOUR ACCOUNT!

terrible customer service, take 24-36 hours for a single response, been an after pay client for 6years, never missed payment, haven't used after pay for a whole year, decided to use after pay and my limit was decreased to 100, took too long to respond back decided better to cancel my account then spend that limit.
account closed best thing to do is to save my credit score then to use them ever again
Hamzeh
HamzehVICGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not good company if you miss i payment they will freeze your account all the life zip pay its good and more money

Not good company if you miss a payment they will freeze your account all your life stupid company

Kerrie O.
Kerrie O.

I have just been offered the Afterpay plus card for $9.99 a month. It appears as though you can practically use it everywhere. My question; am I assuming most places just take it? Like a dentist or my plumber or air-conditioning guy or do I have to check first?

kbouley03

My after pay is saying I have zero dollars to use. I pay on time every time. Why would they take it from me ?

Mad

Sorry i miss read what i wrote !!! Could be a computer problem have you contacted them ???

kbouley03

I have plenty of money in my bank. It is supposed to be automatically taken out of my account. It just doesn't make sense.

Lori L.
Lori L.

I have a $2000 limit. I'm not exactly sure how it works and how it's used. Can someone please give me an explanation of how it's used? Can you use it to purchase gift cards? Thanks!!

Mad

Yes over 4 weeks but through afterpay app not much of a selection....$ 2000 just say if you spend $300 ÷ that weeks you need to pay it back but if you do online they always send a payment breakdown

Jess