3.8

3.6
3.5
3.9
Free to use - Zero Interest and No Establishment Fees
Seamless integration within stores with a large number of merchants offering AfterPay
Automatic payment plan of 4 equal instalments each fortnight
Credit check not required; doesn't affect your credit score
$10 Late Fee for missing an automatic payment
$7 Fee on top of $10 Late Fee if you fail to repay the missed instalment within 7 days of the due date
May affect your ability to secure a loan as lenders consider Afterpay a line of credit

2,921 reviews
Nicole D.
Nicole D.2 posts

[Content Removed] customer service

Worst customer service!
When you contact them via email, no one offers to help. Rude asf and so unprofessional.
Don’t waste your time.
Go check out the reviews. They speak for themselves. I can see why now
Whung C.
Whung C.

Bad customer service

No respect customer, i did told them i never has the transation, but they never listen fr me, if like that bad service, i wont pay
back what i am not spend and closing account and this company no worth to use.
Adam
AdamMelbourne11 posts

Sam
SamGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Charge fees twice

They changed fees twice all the time.
Previously they had two times payment rescheduled if card lost. But now charge to ones per year. Most of the time late fees deducted from total you owe them and add in to the extra $10 late fee on overdue weekly payments as well. That means twice the amount. Should contact ACCC everyone. really disappointing about this Afterpay scam.
Farhan
FarhanSydney, NSW3 posts

Nicholas
NicholasSydney, NSW11 posts

No customer service support

Afterpay is a great business model, that allows you to purchase and pay in instalments. If you are well managed financially it's great. BUT..... CUSTOMER SERVICE IS LITERALLY NON EXISTENT!!
No phone number, no real person to talk to. Put in an enquiry and hope that somebody responds. I don't understand how a large financial services company can operate without an acceptable level of customer service. Appalling to deal with.
Harry B.
Harry B.Coombs 2611, ACT2 posts

Outstanding service, what a relief

I was expecting to be paid two weeks earlier than I did, had late fees and anxiety about payments. Not only did afterpay offer a solution but refunded all late fees, meaning I was able to make extra payments. Usually get ripped off by finanace companies like afterpay but they are very legit if you reach out.
Nichola W.
Nichola W.

Buy now pay later dream!

Quick a mind simple account set up, management and easy to understand the terms - making it easy to use.
Customer
CustomerPerth, WA7 posts

Disappointed

I have just cancelled my Afterpay account. I mistakenly thought they would vet companies they allowed to use Afterpay. They don't. I bought from a shonky business through Afterpay and contacted them as they say they will help. There idea of helping was telling me to contact business (which I already had done) and provided me with their email address (which I had). I was told that I had to continue making payments or face penalties. When I started to get suspicious it wasn't hard to find out this was not a good place to buy from. I should have looked earlier but didn't because they had Afterpay. There is only one thing worse than being scammed and that's having to continue to make payments after you've found out.
Sonia
SoniaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA3 posts

WORST COMPANY TO WORK WITH AS A MERCHANT

Afterpay - what a joke and I only gave one star because I couldn’t give zero stars. As a merchant and owner of a small business I tried to sign up for Afterpay. After months of emails, phone calls, paperwork, and then more emails and phone calls, they completely ignored me. It seemed that they had zero interest in my business unless I was pulling in 6+ figures…..
In desperation I applied for zip pay. Within 24 hours I was signed up and ready to take sales with everything explained and easily understood.
Doesn’t take a genius to work out who I’d rather give the sales fee percentage to….
KobusD
KobusDSouthwest, VIC

Meryem
Meryem2 posts

Horrible

I was a customer of afterpay since it started, never missed a payment.
On one occasion I was not able to make all the payments on time because of decline in my work load, so I contacted them and was put on a payment plan.
Work picked up and I paid off the amount owing 5 months prior to the payment plan finishing, and was shocked to get an email from them telling me that my account will not be reactivated again and they just went ahead and closed it.
Terrible treatment of long time customers,
I am absolutely disgusted and disappointed with what they did, and if I there was an option to give them no stars I would have done that.
Annette
Annette

Good when you don't need assistance for mistakes Afterpay make

After pay is great until you need to contact customer service which is non-existent.
For the second time since having after pay, I Had $200 worth of shopping at the checkout ready to pay via Afterpay, but Afterpay decided my current bank card needs to be updated....even though it has not expired. So had to pay in full or put all items back.
I was also advised by my financial planner that Afterpay will impact my credit rating despite never being overdue with a payment.
It's just a company that will take your money and then be non-existent whenever they create a problem and you need to contact them.
Poz T
Poz TSydney, NSW2 posts

I'll no longer use Afterpay after everything is paid off

If you need to get in touch with them, good luck. I had no issues using Afterpay when they had a contact number but now that's no longer an option goodbye.
You might as well pay everything off in 1 go if you make regular purchases online as it works out the same the amount you end up spending each pay cycle
AaronSouth East Queensland, QLD11 posts

Aaron

4pm the following day and no one from from Afterpay has bothered to call or reply to any messages throughout the business day, you’re customer service is absolutely disgusting Afterpay you ought to be ashamed of

Kerrie O.
Kerrie O.

I have just been offered the Afterpay plus card for $9.99 a month. It appears as though you can practically use it everywhere. My question; am I assuming most places just take it? Like a dentist or my plumber or air-conditioning guy or do I have to check first?

kbouley03

My after pay is saying I have zero dollars to use. I pay on time every time. Why would they take it from me ?

Mad

Sorry i miss read what i wrote !!! Could be a computer problem have you contacted them ???

kbouley03

I have plenty of money in my bank. It is supposed to be automatically taken out of my account. It just doesn't make sense.

Lori L.
Lori L.

I have a $2000 limit. I'm not exactly sure how it works and how it's used. Can someone please give me an explanation of how it's used? Can you use it to purchase gift cards? Thanks!!

Mad

Yes over 4 weeks but through afterpay app not much of a selection....$ 2000 just say if you spend $300 ÷ that weeks you need to pay it back but if you do online they always send a payment breakdown

Jess