AGC Roof Maintenance

AGC Roof Maintenance

See the Best Roofing Companies in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Do Not Use AGC Roofing

Very quick to do a quote and turn up for job but after that they are impossible to pin down and come back to rectify ongoing problems. Lots of promises by receptionist but they just fail to come back. Worst tradesmen I have come across.

I am sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience with AGC Roof. It is unfortunate that you have decided to create an email address with agc in it to create this post and not use your genuine email in order for us to identify you. However should you wish to contact us, we will be more than happy to resolve any problems you may have.

Gap between roof tiles and guttering

This was completed 2 weeks ago.

Tiles do not meet the guttering.

After a little rain it appears that the eves were inundated and fell to the ground.

Very dangerous.

Very disappointed.

Very angry.

2.2 rating is way too high.

Hi B Black, We do not recognize the building in your attached pic as a site we have recently worked on. If this is a genuine complaint please get in touch with our customer service team to resolve your problem. We have been serving the Sydney roofing industry for over 30 years, but if you decide to report a problem top social media and not us, then we cant help you!It is very disappointing B Black that you have not removed your post despite the fact that your strata manager has explained to you that at the time you posted your pic and post, the works were not actually completed!

Shocking customer service. Just terrible

Worst customer service I have ever dealt with. I was hung up on after numerous times to book in a time, which should not be difficult. It should not take 3 weeks to receive a response. When I phoned to make a time and quite frustrated, I was hung up on.
I had a new roof awning done by this business back in 2014 which is now leaking, so it goes to show their workmanship and customer service is down the toilet. Very unhappy customer. Would never use them again or refer them.

Hi Amy, I am disappointed you have not removed this post as yet, As you are aware our Operations manager inspected your property and determined that the cause of the leak you had was not related to the work we had carried out. In fact it was in a different area altogether. We supplied you with a quote to rectify, you have not accepted the quote.

Bad gutter cleaning service

Bad service from this company, we paid the money, they came and ''cleaned'' and when it rained the gutters were overflowing, it made no difference.

Hi Alex, Could you let us know what property this relates to? or call us on 8332 2886 and discuss what has occurred?

Rate Highly + Recommend

AGC roofing were great to deal with. Prompt, polite and proactive in offering a number of alternative solutions! I have recommended them to my neighbours .

Thank you Daisy!

Complete Solution !!

Mid summer 2017 Hailstorm had damaged my roof resulting in water leaking and also damaging the bathroom skylight. Most repairers would not help repair both and I was keen to have a 'complete solution' fix to both the roof tiles and the skylight. This was easily done by AGC and also ensured the spares ordered and fixed before Christmas 2017. Thank you,

You are very welcome, I am delighted we were able to find a solution to all of your roofing issues. Thank you for the kind review! Regards Mark

Turned up and happy with the end result

This was a small job and a lot of other companies didn’t even turn up when I put a request through! AGC were quick to give a reasonable quote. The guys who did the job worked quickly and professionally. I’m happy with the quality of the work.

Hi Ingrid, I am very happy we were able to help you, thank you for your review!. Warm Regards Mark

Efficient and helpful service

I found this company to be very helpful, and efficient. They completed the work quoted and we've had no problems since!

Hi B.L, thank you for your review.

Still leaking after 5 attempts at fixing the roof

I would not recommend this company as they have attempted to fix my leaking roof 5 times now over two years. The roof is still leaking and they are demanding payment. I told them when the roof is fixed I will pay. They replied with pay and then the warranty will be looked into. They don't respond to my numerous calls hence why it has taken over two years.

Hi "Shell" Please contact me directly at admin@agcroof.com.au to discuss, if you do not identify yourself, I can not help you. AGC have been in business for over 30 years, completing over 100 service calls per week with a current defects ratio of less than 2%. That's 2 in every 100 jobs carried out. You do not stay in business for 30 years if you don't look after your clients. Please contact me directly and i will be more than happy to look in to this for you. Regards Mark

Disgraceful business. Do NOT use them.

We contacted a few roofing companies in December 2015 to look at our leaking gutters and quote to have them fixed. The first company said they had to be completely replaced. The next said they could replace some and repair some. AGC said they could be fixed with some repairs and one extra downpipe added to ease the load on the existing downpipes. We chose AGC because they said it could be fixed with less work and therefore the cost was less than other companies.
We paid our deposit that was required and were told we'd be called in a week to have a time booked in. We heard nothing after a couple of weeks so we called to find out what was happening. We were told to wait for another call. Still nothing. More calls and hassling from us finally got us a date locked in. That was then cancelled by AGC and re booked for the following week sometime in April 2016. 3 contractors arrived. I spoke with one of them who went over the work with me. He then left and remained 2 others.
They 'completed' the work within 3 hours and said they'd be back later in the week to pick up the scraps of downpipes.
They never came back to pick it up.
It also rained later that week which put the repairs to the test. The rain highlighted the absolutely disgraceful work that was done.
Leaks everywhere.
I called back to tell them of the remaining rubbish and leaks. We were told that someone would call us. We heard nothing. We called again.
This went on for months. We finally gave up in September.
We then received a call in November asking why we hadn't paid the invoice. I turns out that management had changed and they were chasing up on a massive pile of unfinished work and also unpaid invoices.
[Name Removed] the new manager organised a meeting at our home. He didn't show and I had to leave the house for another appointment so I called and let the office know I couldn't wait any longer. It turned [Name Removed] had called my wife and left a message but he left the message 10 minutes after he was due there. We rescheduled and he arrived and got up on the roof and siliconed the remaining leaks and took away the scrap. He also informed me that there is a lot of work still needed on the gutters. They were full of gunk and rust. He offered us a 10% discount to finish the work.
We expected our gutters to be completely repaired as [Name Removed] the quoter told us they would be. [Name Removed] told me [Name Removed] was fired because he often quoted using Google Earth to view properties and the contractors they sent us aren't used anymore because of sloppy work.
The new down pipe that was installed was not connected to storm water and is draining down the side of the house and into the garage which now floods when it pours.
I emailed AGC regarding these concerns of further work needed doing and they replied saying check the contract and if it's not payed in 7 days the debt would be passed on to a debt collector.
I contacted Fair Trading and after I did I received an email from AGC offering me a $500 discount 'to compensate for defective guttering work'.
I still wasn't happy with having to pay any amount for an incomplete job.
They then offered a $1000 discount on a $2000 job.
I told them I was going to take the matter to the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal. I then received a call from [Name Removed] who is the director of the company. We spoke and he agreed to only charge us for the only part of the job that was successfully completed. Roughly $600 for one down pipe that was replaced. However, this down pipe is made redundant by having gutters that don't work.
I agreed to pay this amount to end the dispute with them. It is now March 2017. 16 months from start to finish, $600 poorer and we still have gutters that leak.
AGC sent a quoter that misled us about the amount of work that was required. They sent us 2 of the stupidest contractors I've ever met.
They threatened us with a debt collector when we weren't happy with the work they did.
Do not use this business.

Hi Karl Please contact me directly at admin@agcroof.com.au to discuss, if you do not identify yourself, I can not help you. AGC have been in business for over 30 years, completing over 100 service calls per week with a current defects ratio of less than 2%. That's 2 in every 100 jobs carried out. You do not stay in business for 30 years if you don't look after your clients. Please contact me directly and i will be more than happy to look in to this for you. Regards MarkHi Mark. Perhaps you should read the the review again. You were the one I spoke to in March and finally sorted it with. I mentioned your name in the review but productreview.com removes names. My review is honest.Quite interesting. Yesterday I noticed an AGC ute park outside our house. I thought they were here to talk to us. It turns out my neighbour has had an outstanding issue with AGC for over a year now as well.

Professional and thorough service

I was instantly comfortable with AGC Roof Maintenance. Their quote was thorough and professional and they were easy to deal with. Good support from the team in the office and the work was carried out with a minimum of fuss.

Hi Dani, thank you for your review! Regards Mark

Great Job on Two Separate Occasions

I've now used AGC Roof Maintenance on two separate occasions (2016 and 2017), and their work has been great. I did the usual of getting more than a single quote and found their rates very competitive, to your typical sole trader. The work was performed to my satisfaction. On the most recent occasion after replacing a number of broken tiles and a large sky light, they also removed a number of tennis balls blocking the down pipes and cleaned out the gutters using a leaf blower. Saving me a job on my "To Do" list.

Hi Oceanic, thank you for your review! Regards Mark

I am surprised at the reviews here as I found them to be extremely professional to deal with.
This is the second time I have used them and they had to fix work that was supposed to be done by another contractor. I rarely recommend anyone but these guy's were excellent !

Hi Jim, thank you for your review! Regards Mark

Professional and reliable

AGC Roof Maintenance were recommended to us by a builder friend. Their estimator turned up on time, and provided photos of our roof problem along with the quote. The repairs were then carried out in a very timely manner. Overall they were very professional and easy to deal with. Their communication was also very good. I would definitely recommend them.

Hi Toni, thank you for your review! Regards Mark

NEVER USE AGC, TERRIABLE COMPANY TO WORK WITH

Terriable company, have had nothing but trouble with them, they never turn up or no what's going on, been waiting months for work to be completed. Roof still leaking and every time someone comes it's a new roofer, who doesn't no what to do. BUNCH OF COWBOYS

Hi Jimmy, Please contact me directly at admin@agcroof.com.au to discuss, if you do not identify yourself, I can not help you. AGC have been in business for over 30 years, completing over 100 service calls per week with a current defects ratio of less than 2%. That's 2 in every 100 jobs carried out. You do not stay in business for 30 years if you don't look after your clients. Please contact me directly and i will be more than happy to look in to this for you. Regards Mark

No not use

Just down right terrible, words can not describe just how bad this company is.
The staff turn over is a joke you pay top dollar and in return get a very poor result.

Everyone in the office is a pack of liars DO NOT USE AGC.

Hi "little nicky" Please contact me directly at admin@agcroof.com.au to discuss, if you do not identify yourself, I can not help you. AGC have been in business for over 30 years, completing over 100 service calls per week with a current defects ratio of less than 2%. That's 2 in every 100 jobs carried out. You do not stay in business for 30 years if you don't look after your clients. Please contact me directly and i will be more than happy to look in to this for you. Regards Mark

Avoid at all cost

This would have to be the WORST company we have ever dealt with! The person who gave the quote seemed fine. We accepted the quote and then it become an absolute disaster. Took 3 months to give a start date. They then never showed up. Numerous phone calls which no one ever returned. Atrociously rude and arrogant customer service. 6 months after accepting the quote these cowboys turned up. Only half did the job. Sub-standard shoddy work by people who couldn't string two words together without swearing constantly. Weeks later, following more emails they turned up and still didn't finish the work which we have now rectified ourselves! NEVER EVER USE THESE PEOPLE!!!!!

Hi Glenn Please contact me directly at admin@agcroof.com.au to discuss, if you do not identify yourself, I can not help you. AGC have been in business for over 30 years, completing over 100 service calls per week with a current defects ratio of less than 2%. That's 2 in every 100 jobs carried out. You do not stay in business for 30 years if you don't look after your clients. Please contact me directly and i will be more than happy to look in to this for you. Regards Mark

Do Not Use

Accepted a quote that was provided and have now waited three months for the work to commence. I emailed and called AGC daily, no one would return my calls, or advise when the work would be carried out, despite the fact the leak in my property continued to become worse. Save yourself the hassle and find a professional company to use, they are unprofessional and useless!!

Do Not Use

Extremely disappointed. Took over 3 months to attend to the work, never returned my phone calls, emails, etc. job was not done right and they had to re-attend under warranty, another nightmare. Do not use them.

NEVER USE THEM....

I would strongly recommend that you never ever engage AGC Roof Maintenance for anything at all. They are liars, & do not deliver when found out for this. I'm off to court with them!!!!!!!!!