Air Asia

Air Asia

See the Best International Airlines in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Romina

RominaSouth East Queensland, QLD

THE WORST!

THE WORST!!!

I flew twice with them and twice Non Dangerous Goods have been removed out of my main luggage. Goods with sentimental value.

On top of that - Ground Staff have been terrible and even bullied me into booking another flight.

Never in my entire life would I have thought, this is a thing!

DepartureDenpasar, Denpasar City, Bali, Indonesien

Rip off flight

Recently flew Air Asia X from Bangkok to Brisbane. I was offered an upgrade (for a price) which i thought was worth it on a long overnight flight. I believed that I could use the Coral lounge at Don Meuang airport but was not allowed.
Pre booked window seats but they were allocated to other people. The complimentary meal was chicken but I am vegetarian and there was no other choice. The use of noice free head phones was not required as there was no entertainment system. The flat bed was uncomfortable. The priority baggage was useless as I watched so many non priority luggage collected befor mine arrived. All in all a total rip off and I will not fly with them again

DepartureBangkok, Thailand
DestinationBrisbane QLD, Australia
ClassBusiness Class
Shara Ree

Shara ReeCentral Queensland, QLD

Water confiscated before boarding and not provided on plane.

Many things I did not like about this airline - deceptive seat map (there is not an aisle between 2 back seats), changing the DATE of my flight without notifying me (missed all connecting train travel and hotel bookings), and general lack of consideration. But having someone search through my carry on at Don muang to find and confiscate WATER, then being forced to sit in a hot gate area with no water available for an hour before boarding for an international flight (where there was also no water) was unacceptable. This airline is unsafe. Never again.

DepartureBrisbane QLD, Australia
Jim

Jim

Worst flight experience

DepartureGold Coast QLD, Australia
DestinationPhuket International Airport (HKT), Mai Khao, Thalang District, Phuket, Thailand

COLETTE H

COLETTE HSydney Surrounds, NSW

Sydney to Bangkok \Bangkok to Sydney flight

The food was terrible, makes me feel sick just thinking about it now. The coffee and tea was stone cold on both flights to Bangkok and again on flight home to Sydney. When you put the service light on no one came or if they did it took ages so just gave up bothering to use it. My seat on way home was broken , stuck in the upright position. Would not fly with them again unless they were having a massive sale and the tickets were really cheap.

DepartureSydney NSW, Australia

Ben

BenHunter Region, NSW

Bad seats and lights stay on

Partner and I flew from Kuala Lumpur to Sydney from 11:00 pm boarding time didnt take off till 12:40?Why? Lights stayed on and serving people food beyond 1am ( Sydney 5am)

WiFi
DepartureKuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
DestinationSydney NSW, Australia

Rob

RobPerth, WA

Really awesome and great value

My family and I love flying air Air Asia. Value for money is great, in flight food is tasty and cheap and on a recent Perth to Japan trip all the flights took off on time and landed ahead of schedule. keep up the great work

DO NOT BOOK HERE

I booked a flight just few minutes ago, but then when I received the confirmation, we got the date wrong. (wondering too, as we checked it so many times the details and date before confirming, also noticed the gender of one of the guests was change.)
So, to change the date of the return flight. It was bloody way more expensive than booking a new flight!!!!
Ripped off!

DestinationManila, Metro Manila, Philippines
Nathan B.

Nathan B.Sydney, NSW

Rude staff/ no empathy. 74 y/o parent refused even water - NEVER EVER AGAIN!

Rude staff and no empathy. Oct 5th - Bali via KL to Sydney - On first flight - My 74 y/o parents were told only cash can be used - and refused water (basic human right!) - D7 222 to Sydney would have credit card facilities. Alas they were wrong. After ordering food and drinks - of which all in the family started to consume - the card came out to pay for the order only to be told we only take cash! Seriously- and now with 3 meals started and some drinks opened there is no way of payment! Well- it ended up that the meals were simply given - but my 74 year old fathers water and coffee after one sip were taken away and that was it. Seriously- this airline needs a wake up call. NEVER EVER AGAIN!

Lisa F.

Lisa F.Perth, WA

Extremely poor airline

Booked our flights to Bali. Went to do an early check-in. When I looked at the seats that we had been assigned by their automatic system my 6 and 3 year old were seated together but away from both parents. Had to then pay for them to be seated with us. Not a low cost airline at all flights were not cheap to start with then had to pay for my underage children to sit with a parent. Support person not helpful will never fly with them again

DestinationBali, Indonesia
BookingThird Party

No compassion or empathy No refund ..

Due to my brothers death , i asked for a refund on my flights to Bali/return .. unfortunately to no avail... even as a Loyal Big Member.. no more flying with this air line .. customers and passengers are not respected at all utter disgrace Air Asia

shane peters

shane petersSouth East Queensland, QLD

terribly uncomfortable

I flew kuala lumpur last sat night to gold coast...most uncomfortable seats ever,cramped.definitely get what you pay for. The money I saved with air asia is better spent on upgrading to a better airline...lesson learned...NEVER AGAIN

November 8th 2019 Update: worst airline ive ever flown..

worst airline ive ever flown,uncomfortable..you certainly get what you pay for...flew fro Kl to gold coast Australia...cramped,dirty,unfriendly hostesses,just a nightmare. id rather pay extra and fly in comfort with someone else

DepartureKL International​ Airport (KUL), Sepang, Selangor, Malaysia

alorac

alorac

Lost wallet in plane , no help !

Unfortunately I left my wallet behind on a flight today. Called the service centre and I got absolutely no help, they just said to go to the lost and found office at the airport. Unfortunately I only realized that the wallet was missing 3 hours later, and we live 3 hours away. Also the lost and found office at the airport says you need to contact the airline directly as they only deal with items lost at the airport.Thats when you realize you flying budget!

DestinationPerth WA, Australia
BookingThrough Airline

Where is the baggage allowance that I paid?

I have read most of the reviews and Air Asia needs to improve and upgrade their service. It has been a month, I am waiting for their reply and hope they will get back to me as soon as possible!

DestinationSydney NSW, Australia
BookingThrough Airline

be careful they dont clarify well enough about meal and baggage. total rip off

they are total rip off . wont tell enough info in ticket about meal and baggage . once you on board they try to upsell you meal . baggage weight come more when you check in so they can make more money

Vian V.

Vian V.South East Queensland, QLD

Not again with this airline.

worst airlines to fly with and they dont care about passenger concern.The contact number provided in the website is always busy , been trying to call for 3 days ..never again to book with this airline.

DestinationManila, Metro Manila, Philippines

Affordable budget travel

DestinationBali, Indonesia

Rene Y.

Rene Y.South East Queensland, QLD

Brisbane to Bangkok return - pleasantly surprised!

Kyle C.

Kyle C.

Horrible reschedule policies...55 minutes for an international transfer???

DestinationGold Coast Airport (OOL), Eastern Avenue, Bilinga QLD, Australia

John L

John LPerth, WA

Dont get ill and ask for refund

Recently had triple heart bypass surgery which meant we had to cancel Air Asia Flights to Lombok.
The best Air Asia could do was give us a partial credit ( we lose A$200+) to use before mid November.
We are BIG Members as well and our family of 10 were frequent Air Asia flyers.
I guess this means the end of our as families relationship with Air Asia. We will be looking at Malindo from now on. Such a shame to have such poor service as until now Air Asia was excellent.

DestinationLombok, West Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia