Air Asia

Air Asia

See the Best International Airlines in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Air Asia

• Seat Room
  • Food
  • In-Flight Service
  • In-Flight Entertainment
  • Wi-Fi

Atrocious Airline.

Paid good money for flights,their online AVA system is set up to fail,I've lost all my money and they will not respond, they have ripped off so many people it's beyond belief,never fly them again,ever!

Tonks
TonksPerth, WA

Terrible customer service and stealing money

I booked flights for my family to Bali for a trip in June 2021. As a result of Covid the flights were cancelled. AirAsia tried to push me to take a credit but eventually agreed to refund me. Once agreeing to refund me they became completely unreachable (automated bot chat room would not divert to actual person and could not assist me, no other phone numbers).
It took me nearly a year before I had my bank reverse charge AirAsia to get my money back. AirAsia deliberately held my money and appear to have done it to countless other people.
Beware choosing AirAsia for flights - they will grab your money and do everything that they can to keep it if flights are cancelled.
I will never fly with them again

Do not even think about this airline even one day it give you a free ticket

I had been chasing for my refund since May 2020 and today it just informed me that my account is now closed without any refund. With the way air asia handling customer service, it has lost my confidence to fly with it ever again for its lack of responsibility.

scam

my flight was canceled by AirAsia without reason.
NO way to get refund. I make report in bank for investigation. NO way to contact anyone from AirAsia. - Air Asia sell tickets for flights; they already know they will NOT hapend. that is litterary SCAM

Upset
UpsetSouth East Queensland, QLD

Never Fly with This Airline!

I have been chasing for my Refund since September 2020. Your AVA virtual chat is useless and hopeless. All Stars virtual chat is the same. The agent keeps telling me that it is in the process. How long does it take to process?
People, I warn you Never Ever fly or deal with this airline!!!! They are Hopeless!!!

Mohammad
MohammadPerth, WA

Save yourself the drama and don't even think about it

Been trying to book flights using my credit account. There is no option to pay for flights with it. Their all stars who are absolutely good for nothing only close your case when you report the issue. Good luck

Paul
PaulGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Perfect thieves

Credit issued were stolen as we cannot make bookings with it. Hotel bookings cannot use credit account and flight booking is via a third party and you can't use it for that as well.
Debt re-structuring drama to steal money and absolutely the worst customer service. They don't have a number to ring except a virtual chatbot that never transfers you to a human.
on another occasion, I have booked special services for my sick mom which was not fulfilled and the excuse is "cannot guarantee". if can't guarantee, why don't you refund the money?
Enough is enough I will never use this airline or their subsidiaries.

chris
chrisSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolute Ripoff

Been over a year awaiting a refund. No response, no answered calls, just sent around in circles by their robot. Will never ever fly with them again. Definitely not recommended

JJJ
JJJGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Air Asia debt restructuring proof of debt exercise

Receive an email on 18-3-2021 from Air Asia to submit proof of debt (POD). Air Asia is making is so difficult to comply with this. I have to fill in a POD form (very legalistic) & then have the completed form & attached POD (tax invoices, booking reference) all certified by a commissioner of oaths. Then all these hard copies have to be mailed to AA in Kuala Lumpur (no soft copies via email accepted). All have to be received by AA by the 7-4-2021. Only 3 weeks to comply. Mailing the package will take 1-2 weeks. So really 1 week to comply. Air Asia is playing us for fools. I will never get my money back or get to use the useless credits.

Graeme
GraemeMurray Region, NSW

No Stars. I had a credit but it has disappeared

I had to cancel my Air Asia flight for medical reasons. Air Asia insurance would not cover me.
I managed to get a credit for half of the airfare after providing numerous documents.
Now the credit has disappeared. I had $238.00 in my credit account in October 2020. Now I have $17.70.
Why did they steal my money without any notice?

ClassEconomy
Hansi W.
Hansi W.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Zero stars... totally disappointed

It's been one year my AirAsia flight D7216 scheduled to depart from KUL to AVV on 19 March 2020, was cancelled due to operational reasons because of COVID-19. No refund, no credit, stupid AVA keep sending us around. I hope you put our hard earned money, that you stole from us to good use. Peace!

angela
angelaperth

The worst airline

Been trying to receive a refund since May last yr, to be told I can only get a credit, which is nowhere to be seen. Hours lost on Ava or live chat with their lame silly excuses for not giving back my families money.
Dodgy & worst customer service!

Lolita
Lolita Perth, WA

If I could give them -10 stars I would

An absolute joke. Been on hold to ava reception online and told operator my refund hadn’t been received and she wouldn’t escalate my case and then they cancelled my chat without notice and in the middle of my enquiry. I told them I wanted the issue rectified within the chat as the wait times are so long!

James
JamesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Zero Stars!

It has now been a year since flight was cancelled a refund was to be given and yet still nothing.

They gave me a credit even when I said back to my credit card which was one of the 1st options available!

Went through my bank for a charge back and was told there was nothing they could do because and I state “Your contract with the merchant allows them to provide you an alternative service or to not provide you with a refund in these circumstances” nice to Commbank has my back NOT.

Promised numerous times I’m getting my refund to nothing scum!

So not only have they not done what they said they would do my bank won’t lift a damn finger either!!!!

They cancelled flight, and gave no refund! Been 8 months!

I booked a flight last June. they cancelled (covid). submitted a request for a full refund. waited 8 months only for them to cancel my case! no email, no communication on why they refused my refund!

now i cant open a new case. cant get my money back. cant even get credit with them as compensation!

they have made it IMPOSSIBLE to contact a real person, only the stupid AVA AI chat bot! this is why i have to leave these reviews to try to get contact with a real person.

they don't care about you, just your money.

I paid for a service...never got the service...never got my money back

Read more reviews - page 2