2Air Asia

Seat Room
Food
In-Flight Entertainment
Wi-Fi
See the Best Domestic Airlines in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

1,044 reviews
finny mathew
finny mathewVICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC6 posts

Absolute worst

Absolutely a classic level of cheating.
Due to flight cancellations during covid our booked tickets of 2000$ was not paid transferred into credits, almost 20 times tried using it with no effect, all the time showing not able to use the current voucher try a different one.
At last on one flight for 575$ a voucher got applied and to a shock 125$ credits.
And tried in next flight again not successful.
“Remember this is our own money and was credited due to ther flight cancellation and we have to beg to get back”
To be honest it looks as if air Asia is paying us ther money, our hard earned money they are trying to trick us and cheat.
It is pathetic that this flights has service to Australia Show details
Sam R.
Sam R.QLDSouth East Queensland, QLD

Purchasing additional baggage and poor customer service

After booking flights, I was trying to purchase additional baggage with Air Asia but got no response. Upon arrival at the airport, I was hit with a large baggage fee. Nobody at Air Asia would take responsibility continually passing the problem onto someone else. Even when emailing them with my complaint and providing evidence that they did not respond to my attempts to purchase additional baggage weeks prior to my flight, they continued to pass the buck. I couldn't recommend using another airline more. Show details
Josh
JoshNSWSydney, NSW

Terrible. Never use again

Terrible customer service. Have been trying to receive a refund for cancelled flights for over 3 months. Can’t speak to anyone other than a robot which is completely unhelpful. Not accountability and seems like there are thousands of others that have had to put up with this over the years. Will never book a flight with them again. Show details
Celine L.
Celine L.

Poor customer service

Have tried to call multiple times. Always goes to voicemail and no one calls back to help with flight change. Show details
Seat Room

Food
Haowei H.
Haowei H.2 posts

bad experience

Very bad experience, will never do Air Asia again, worst experience so far. Show details
Geet
GeetNSWIllawarra, NSW2 posts

WORST EXPERIENCE

Rude staff. Delayed flights, almost missed connecting international flight. No assistance provided to help reach the gate in time. Wouldn’t recommended this airlines to anyone.
Karen
KarenNSWSydney, NSW

Beware of AirAsia. Avoid it

Very sorry AirAsia can’t give you any star, it’s the worst airline I have known. I paid for extra luggage upgrade, I persistently ask for an email confirmation. Went to check in and was told I didn’t have any upgrade. I showed them the email from Airasia and also credit card statements. Was told they are only contract to check in nothing they can do. No AirAsia staff in the airport at all in KL. Can you believe it can’t even their own email can’t be trusted and money paid with statement to prove is stolen. Been warned by friends about AirAsia but couldn’t believe it so horrible. Show details
Angry
Angry

Beware! Linked with scammers!!

We booked multi city flights and were automatically redirected to Kiwi.com to continue booking. We didn’t even realise that we had been redirected. Made the booking, paid the money and then checked our seating but they were showing as still available. Looked in to it further only to discover that there appears to be no record of our booking!! Kiwi.com are a scam company based in the czech republic, but linked to Airaisa website!! We are unable to contact airasia. We have left several messages and no one has called back! Very poor service!! Very angry customers!! Show details
Kim S.
Kim S.

I think this has changed to a scam airline

We had to change our flights and were charged flight tax twice. Our new flights were delayed ahead of time and the new flight price is roughly $400 cheaper, yet we were not offered a refund of the difference.
paige k.
paige k.2 posts

Worst service ever

Booked flights to Bali and booked the wrong dates tried to log back into my account and I’ve been locked out. No direct line to contact, emails take a week to respond to you and then they tell you to chat to the online support but that don’t do anything for me either. I’ve provided everything they asked for in order to unlock my account and still nothing. Tried to charge an extra 1k on top of the $300 I already paid for flight changes.
jetsetter
jetsetterSt Albans8 posts
Paul
Paul5 posts

As bad as Jetsar

Changed flights with no consideration for your plans. Speaking to a human is not an option and the chatbot is stupid. I had a midnight flight and the chabge it to days later at 6am which messes with what I had booked and my hotels and it will be incredibly difficult to change. Had to take an extra two days of annual leave at work in the end, cost me more in leave than the flight. It pays to fork out extra for the better airlines Show details
Tracey
Tracey

George L
George L

Why does Air Asia go to such great lengths to hide itself from its customers? I tried for one week to contact them about an error their rotten booking system created (J261JV on 17/08/2023) when they substituted my name for the name of the intended passenger, and then did not respond to 7 phone messages, 5 emails and three attempts to use their stupid ChatBot Bo to fix the problem. In the end, I lost $AUD1,327 because of their disgusting policies. Their should be banned from operating.

Mona

Hi, During the covid period, Air Asia could not offer a refund so they gave me an E- gift voucher known as a Travel voucher. When I initially purchased tickets, I purchased for both husband and I. However when I insert my voucher code, it only covers my ticket and not my husbands ticket. I would like to be able to use this for my husband, or have he money divided so that he could use it also. I cant speak to anyone in Air Asia or the bot, as this is a human problem that needs conversation and answers. Can anyone assist me ?

Michael Collins
Michael Collins
Tracey N.
Tracey N.

Did ypu.end up doing this? I'd love to be involved

Deep T.
Deep T.
Olivia J

Should I book with airasia to go to new zealand I can’t decide. I have looked through all the reviews and have seen how terrible it is especially the chat robot Bo but it seems so much cheaper.
What should I do?

Sam J
Sam J
Olivia J

Thx for letting me know I guess I will take air nz

Mona

Best to book with an airline you can communicate with. It is very difficult to get any response from Air Asia.

CategoryDomestic Airlines and International Airlines