AK Reels Easyhose

AK Reels Easyhose

See the Best Garden Hoses in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

N.K

Date PurchasedDec 2017
J Turnbull

J TurnbullMelbourne

Top quality Australian product

We bought two Easyhose retractable garden reels and a Cold Wash reel and could not be happier with our decision. We have a large garden and a stable and have been through so many useless hoses so wanted to upgrade properly once and for all and find a brand that lasts. According to the reviews this one is top of the market and now it's arrived and we've been using it for three weeks I can say it genuinely is. Top quality materials, well made and simple to mount on the wall. The casing pivots to wherever you need the hose to go which is a huge plus for us and makes retracting easy. Proud to buy Australian made and proud that we won't have to buy any more hoses for a very long time!

Date PurchasedAug 2017

TraianAU

Honest Aussie Product

I had a good look around the net to find a good quality hose reel and all I was able to find were chinese made products with reliability issues. Then I found out that there actually is an australian made one available. Contacted them on email and eventually bought it.
My impression:
Good quality product, sturdy construction, indeed made for australian conditions.
Good costumer care, very effective communication.
A very good example of 'you get what you pay for' . I say that because it is a bit pricier than what you can get from hardware shops.
good, sturdy
not much, maybe the price but you really get what you pay for

John simpsonMelbourne

A Genuine Australian made retracting garden hose reel

I have been looking for a new retracting garden reel and happened to mention it to a friend over Christmas. He told me about his reel which he has had for nearly 10 years. Turns out it is an Australian made and owned company called AK Reels. I now have one and agree with my friend, "you get what you pay for".
A good Aussie made hose reel.
Costs more than the cheapies.

Elaine

Elaineasked

I have had 2 Easyhose reels for several years, great quality product BUT how can I change the tension to make it easier to pull the hose out of the casing? Initially I thought it would loosen up with use but after approximately 6 years use it’s still very difficult to pull out. I look forward to your reply
Elaine Reid
Christchurch
New Zealand

Traian

I have the same problem but I don't think there is much to be done. I vaguely remember somewhere in their instruction book they recommended not to mess with the tension spring. Maybe try to put the question to them, send an email.

Brian

Brianasked

Do you have a service center here in in Adelaide? Having trouble getting an empty hose to completely retract. It's almost if the spring has lost some of its tension. The service pages on the net are not much help. Please advise.

Hi Brian,
I'm just another customer. There should be a contact number or something on their website http://www.akreels.com.au/.
I had your problem too but I think is not a big deal, just the hose not overlapping correctly inside the casing jamming. Usually I fix it by playing it a bit.
Cheers.

Hi Brian,
Best to contact the manufacturer directly. It may be several issues depending on how the problem came about,
JS

Wayne

Wayneasked

Where do l buy one? Price?

just google AK Reels