AK Reels Easyhose

AK Reels Easyhose

Bjorn

BjornSouth East Queensland, QLD

The Product quality is great but the hose will not fully retract always leaving 2m+ exposed

Purchased in January 2020 for A$279.00.

Jackie

JackieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Quality Australian product, great company to deal with, quick delivery

Great quality hose reel & trigger spray for the garden. I have purchased two different retractable hose reel brands in the past and the easyhose reel is by far the best quality. It is a compact unit with a heavy duty hose and connections. I was so impressed with it I decided to purchase a 2nd one for the front yard.

Purchased in May 2020 at https://easyhose.com.au/water-hose-reels for A$279.00.

update to the update

AK Reels ( NOT Easyhose - they are a reseller) have completely honoured their warranty . Theyve repaired our hose and delivered it back to us at no charge. At the moment it is working beautifully and if other testimonials are anything to go by it should go on like that for many years to come.Dealing directly with the owner of AK Reels (Mr J Lennon ) was an absolute pleasure ..he was geniunely dismayed that we had such a bad experience with his companies product and assured me there would be no charge to the repair - not even the cost of the return freight! top service,

Garden Hoses

Date PurchasedDec 2017
J Turnbull

J TurnbullMelbourne

Top quality Australian product

We bought two Easyhose retractable garden reels and a Cold Wash reel and could not be happier with our decision. We have a large garden and a stable and have been through so many useless hoses so wanted to upgrade properly once and for all and find a brand that lasts. According to the reviews this one is top of the market and now it's arrived and we've been using it for three weeks I can say it genuinely is. Top quality materials, well made and simple to mount on the wall. The casing pivots to wherever you need the hose to go which is a huge plus for us and makes retracting easy. Proud to buy Australian made and proud that we won't have to buy any more hoses for a very long time!

Date PurchasedAug 2017

TraianAU

Honest Aussie Product

I had a good look around the net to find a good quality hose reel and all I was able to find were chinese made products with reliability issues. Then I found out that there actually is an australian made one available. Contacted them on email and eventually bought it.
My impression:
Good quality product, sturdy construction, indeed made for australian conditions.
Good costumer care, very effective communication.
A very good example of 'you get what you pay for' . I say that because it is a bit pricier than what you can get from hardware shops.
good, sturdy
not much, maybe the price but you really get what you pay for

John simpsonMelbourne

A Genuine Australian made retracting garden hose reel

I have been looking for a new retracting garden reel and happened to mention it to a friend over Christmas. He told me about his reel which he has had for nearly 10 years. Turns out it is an Australian made and owned company called AK Reels. I now have one and agree with my friend, "you get what you pay for".
A good Aussie made hose reel.
Costs more than the cheapies.

Henry Askin

Henry Askinasked

How to replace the hose

Jason N.

Jason N.asked

I have pulled the hose out to its full extent and now it will not retract.
How do I get it to retract?
Cheers,
Jason

Hi Jason ,
I had the same prob this morning. was advised by Easy Hose to get info from AK website. I tried to follow instructions but ended up breaking the unit . The instructions and diagrams are way too unclear ( IMO ) so now I have a 2 week old hose reel that doesnt work. My advice to you is send it back A- so you dont break it and B- so the heavily wound spring doesnt injure you.
regards

Elaine

Elaineasked

I have had 2 Easyhose reels for several years, great quality product BUT how can I change the tension to make it easier to pull the hose out of the casing? Initially I thought it would loosen up with use but after approximately 6 years use it’s still very difficult to pull out. I look forward to your reply
Elaine Reid
Christchurch
New Zealand

Traian

I have the same problem but I don't think there is much to be done. I vaguely remember somewhere in their instruction book they recommended not to mess with the tension spring. Maybe try to put the question to them, send an email.