5AKG K712 Pro

AKG K712 Pro

5AKG K712 Pro

100% · 70%
Brand Manager for AKG? Claim your listing.

jureat
jureatGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC7 posts

excellent sound stage and great separation

excellent sound stage and great separation sound stage is wider and clearly can hear alot instruments. Comparing to my Audio technica 900, its vocal sound has great power rather than clarity- in my view not really feels like singing in front. Probably because of wider sound stage, however price s much cheaper than Sennheiser at same sound quality performance. I dont know because made in china. anyway, below $800 headphone most of likely to be made in china now, therefore, quality is not really big issue.

Kenw
KenwGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC4 posts

hard to drive but it is awesome!

got a creative x7 for it and it is awesome! i got the one the last year so it is made in Slovakia, it is said the one made in Austria is better, but I think the one i got is good enough! but i don't like the elastic :(

Tom C
Tom CBrisbane5 posts

Have the Massdrop K7xx for a little while now

Great sound stage and comfortable. Competes with my Sennheiser HD650 for my ears and wins mostly due to comfort. Not sold on the longevity of the elastic holding the cups up, already starting to fray but they get almost daily use. Using an Fiio E10k as a DAC/Amp through my computer.

Gabriel
GabrielMelbourne5 posts

Best sub $600 headphone you'll find

One of the best open back headphones out there, former flagship of AKG. You can find this on sale in a lot of places now. This is often compared to the HD600 (or more commonly, the HD650 due to its bassier nature). Soundstage is amazing as is the clarity and detail. Whilst it does say 3dB more bass, it's not overwhelming, I'd describe it as more 'natural sounding' as opposed to 'neutral' if that makes sense...

Josh
Josh5 posts

Great Headphones

Bought these from JB Hifi and these are great and sound amazing, you can hear parts of the music you have never heard before like the clicking the song is keeping too, also you need to use hi res audio on these headphones as it just allows the detail to come through

Tom
TomAU5 posts

1 year review

Really rate the headphones.

To put things into perspective I am a long time HD25 user, still use them on a daily basis. The AKG's have become the big boys that I use at home. I currently use the headphones with an apogee groove from my macbook pro.

They are certainly neutral, almost clinical very well balanced, especially with the apogee conversion (perfect for me). I have mixed some of my best tracks with these headphones, and have translated as well as headphones can translate.

I am not going to give a wanky break down of mids lows and highs, go and audition a pair.

First pair I received had a faulty mini XLR connection quality control issues? DJ Store sorted it out no issues.

Alex P.
Alex P.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC5 posts

Great for tuning & Engineering

These are very focused. Headphones and speakers are completely personal preference but these headphones really do stand up to other popular brands. The bass response is fantastic and stereo panning you can get out of these are amazing. I'm definitely keeping these in my main tool box for fine tuning and engineering when speakers aren;t enough.