2Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO

92% · 121 · 8%

Sound Quality
Bass
Comfort
Brand Manager for Beyerdynamic? Claim your listing.

Steve
Steve3 posts

WOW! Wow, wow!

I own the 32 OHM because I am connecting it to my phone. I also use sometimes an amplifier. Its the best! Unbelievable sound! Show details
Rod
RodSydney Surrounds, NSW7 posts

Great sound and comfort

Been wearing these DT 770 PRO headphones for about 2 years now. Also bought the DT 990PRO for my son. We are both extremely happy with both. I listen to all music from classical to rock and find the sound quality is excellent. Very balanced true sound. They are the most comfortably headphones I have worn. Can easily watch a 2 hour movie and they continue to feel very good. Were just talking about replacing the ear pads as they are a bit worn however the internet suggests to give them a hand wash to clean. The only negative would be the replacement ear pads were a little pricey at $50 from original supplier. But probably worth it.  Show details
Mybigtoehurts
MybigtoehurtsMelbourne24 posts

Sound Quality
Bass
Sam Tgyo
Sam TgyoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Wonderful sound and comfortable fit

This pair of headphones so far have been absolutely perfect for me. I use them for a couple hours every day for the past few months just to listen to music (classical, ost, pop, lofi beats) and I find them very comfortable. I don't sweat in them too.

Sound quality is amazing I must say. These pair of earphones block out external noise easily (since they are closed headphones). At first I was skeptical with its quality despite my friend's recommendation because some headphones which tend to be costly still provide sub-quality sound. But as soon as I started using them, I'm fully convinced my money is well spent. I highly recommend this pair of headphones to anyone and everyone who wants a new pair of headphones. Show details

Skarlette
SkarletteAU5 posts
Andy
AndyCanberra10 posts

Excellent quality

The best closed back headphones I’ve had. Not as good as an open back headphone, but definitely has sound staging and good frequency response. The build is solid and very stylish. The bag that came with it is good too. It works with my iPhone without the need of an amplifier.

ScreenX
ScreenXMelbourne59 posts

Big bang for buck

I've been fortunate enough to own the Limited Edition 32ohm version and it's stunning. Sound quality is on par with more expensive cans like the B&W p7. I know coz I have them too. Very detailed, great bass, not overbearing as some find. Superb value for money, very durable and studios around the world use them. That says a lot :)

Benjamin Lim
Benjamin Lim4 posts

Best headphone ever

It worth every single penny in terms of the quality and comfort. I always find other types of headphone makes my ear sweat which ultimately leads to discomfort and taking it off. I don't have any problem wearing this headphone during hot weather. Besides, the quality of sound is amazing compared to other high-end headphones. Guess what this headphone still rock after it has been used almost every single in the last 3 years.

DT359
DT359Sydney, NSW6 posts

Superb sounding, excellently built

These DT 770 Pro 80 Ohms are packed full of detail. They do not have quite the shrill of the 32 and 250 Ohm versions and have a slightly boosted midbass but these aren't negatives just points of preference. I love mine. The detail and dynamics is astounding coming from SE215 special editions. I got a portable amp too and this really tightened up the sound with the separation falling into place. Sound stage is quite wide for a closed back and gives the music more of a 'live' sound than stuck in between your ears.

If you are a fan of treble detail and subbass while enjoying clarity through all frequencies, I would strongly suggest you have a listen. Can see myself owning these for years to come.

Brad
BradPerth, WA4 posts

Fantastic headphones - well suited for long term use

I've owned my BT 770s for a year now, and I love listening to everything on them. I couple them with a Fiio USB DAC to ensure that there is no noise coming from my work laptop.

The ear pads on these cans isolate sound extremely well, and the pads are also very soft, so that you can wear them for a long time. They can get a little hot though if you are listening in a room above room temperature.

I believe all components of these headphones are individually replaceable, which is a big bonus too.

Chandra
ChandraSydney6 posts

Great for studio

Great headphones! Very balanced in its sound. No overpowering bass and has good treble and mid. This is really good for studio/mixing purpose. Whenever I mix using this headphone, if it sounds good in DT770 PRO, then it always sounds good anywhere else. This is definitely not the case when mixing with my other audio technica headphones. If you like bass, this may not be for you. This has enough bass, but not for some bass head.

Michael
MichaelSydney2 posts

Best headphones for producing

Amazing highs and lows, Great for doing your mixdown. Comes with a niffy travel bag also so easy for on the go producing. Many of the "pros" also use them so you know you have a decent pair of headphones here.

No faults as of yet, though the ear pads are getting a bit worn down.

Jack29
Jack29

awsome highs and lows, fantastic bass,unbelievable sound, works great on my pc and with my ipod. U can go the extra mile and buy any headphone amp and be blown

away literally!
omg best set of cans I have ever heard....did tons of online reserch and found these to be the best quality and construction headphones for my price range.
nothng except no mic, I bought standalone 1 to sit on my desk which is no big deal