Audio Technica ATH-M50x

Audio Technica ATH-M50x

Nice headphones

Have been using these daily for gaming, youtube, twitch and music daily for 3 months now and so far so good! If you want to use these for outdoors, definitely consider buying the wireless ones.

Purchased in February 2019 at Addicted to Audio for $200.00.

Great general purpose headphones

I use these headphones to edit videos in a noisy open-plan office. I've also used them for monitoring audio on a film shoot. They offer great clarity and accurate sound. The closed-back design helps to block out environmental noise.

I've worn them for a full day of editing before and, while they are a little tiring after long periods, they are not as bad as other studio headphones I've used.

It comes with three difference cables, which is a nice touch. Pads are replaceable too.

Purchased in August 2017 at Minidisc Australia Online store for $208.95.

Wonderful headphones

I used to play competitive FPS, so i needed a good pair of headphones to give me an advantage. It was really good for gaming, watching movies and listening to music. This is my 3rd pair of audio technicas and i am very happy with their brand

Purchased in February 2018 at Mwave Australia.

Comfort

Great for listening and great to look at

I use this to listen to music for my daily commute to work and uni. They're super comfy and can be worn for a long time without it hurting. I haven't had any issues with them so far and they make for a great bit of head fashion.

Purchased in February 2019 at Store DJ for $190.00.

Decent.

The soundstage is very good and it has great bass. You can quite easily distinguish notes and sounds from each other in a song. The difference between my old earbuds (samsung defaults) was night and day. My only critique of them is that they are tight and will make your ears sweat within an hour.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Great value

Excellent headphones with almost perfect sounds quality. For their price they compete with earphones twice as expensive. Build quality is excellent and the addition of several different cables is extremely useful especially if the cables are damaged. Also these headphones are extremely comfortable and fit almost any head size really well.

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Perfect headphones

I think i finally found the perfect headphones, just wow. The sound is so perfect, clean and balanced, i'm so surprised.
I've read a lot about them and there's several good reviews about them but just try them and I'm way impressed.
This headset is great and so far so good, I highly recommend it.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Best all round headphones. Highly recommend

I bought this for my son and compared to all of the headphones he had in the past, this one ticked all the boxes. He said that the sound quality and comfort is excellent and for the price as well as being a perfect all round headphone. It is definitely worth buying.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

THE BEST

Whether it be for mixing or listening, you can't go past them in the price range they are. I own headphones from $20 to $500 and quite honestly the M50x sound the best for everyday listening, brilliant build quality, honestly I'd be lost without them. NOTHING in the price range even comes close to the levels of comfort you can get with these.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

These are excellent headphones for under $200

Audio Technica ATH-M50x – review

These are excellent headphones for under $200

I paid $180 delivered from addicted to audio

The range from low to high is crisp and clean they are very comfortable to wear all day with plenty of adjustment for each ear piece and the head band also they fold up for easy portability they came with 3 Interchangeable cables detachable 1.2 m – 3.0 m coiled cable, detachable 3.0 m straight cable and detachable 1.2 m straight cable
Protective carrying pouch

Type
Closed-back dynamic
Driver Diameter: 45 mm
Voice Coil
CCAW (Copper-clad aluminum wire)
Frequency Response: 15 – 28,000 Hz
Maximum Input Power: 1,600 mW at 1 kHz
Sensitivity: 99 dB
Impedance: 38 ohms
Weight: 285 g without cable and connector

I do recommend these headphones.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

A must have

I have used these headphones for over 2 years. Of all the headphones I have used, these ones provide the best frequency response and a powerful volume level. They're comfortable enough to wear for long periods of time and sturdy enough to last a lifetime. They are a must have for anybody who wants to listen to high-quality music and audio.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Best of the lot

I spent a good hour listening to all the headphones on display at Jaben Audio. I chose this out of the lot, and also over the M40x and M70x. Yes, they do get uncomfortable after a short time and a quick break is required. Sennheiser had the most comfortable pair, but the audio quality did not compare. At the end of the day, these are fantastic for my studio mixing, and got me through a mixing project I had to complete. I am still very happy with the purchase.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

REALLY, REALLY GOOD

these things are built well, have amazing sound and for the price they are right now to have those three important things all very strong is no-brainer.

They look good, sit comfortably on you head and just do EVERYTHING very well.

If you are an AUDIOPHILE, you might be wanting a bit more but only comes from spending more $$$$

If you want good audio but aren't wanting to spent hundreds more,in buying these You will not be disappointed

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Love it!

Bought this item as a birthday present for my husband. Didnt really know much about the headphone and was only watching review.
My husband did love it, as he said it is perfect for gaming.
Hubby is a gamer, so would really recommend this to all game users.
Price is just right, as compare to other expensive headphones that does same job :)

Top Quality Headphones

I honestly didn't expect much from the Audio Technica M50x headphones when I first bought them. I purchased them because I recently got an audio interface and needed something to use to monitor the interface, and these headphones were pretty cheap at the time.

I can honestly say these are some of the best headphones I've ever used. They have a great mid-range, the bass is subtle; not overpowered, the highs are prominent and after breaking them in for a couple days, quite comfortable to wear.

I can recommend the leather ear-cups, however I prefer velour and did replace mine. If you are using the leather you will notice a fair whack more noise isolation, but if you use velour they breathe a lot nicer. I can't notice a difference in sound quality between the two cup materials.

Top product, definitely recommend!

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Better than expected

We’ve had these on our buy list for a while after seeing them on a Grimes gear recommendation. Purchased them 30% off during a promotion. Amazing sound, clear and crisp. Great accessories and a super long cable. One of us has a large head and the other super petite, the headphones fit both of us comfortably. Had read the bass wasn’t super boomy but on use they are outstanding monitor headphones on a basic budget. No regrets. We’ll get a second pair next time they’re on sale for sure.

Outstanding Earphones

I love these headphones and dont have any issues at all with wearing them for long periods - perhaps its individual head shape but they work perfectly for me. Sound quality is outstanding . I always play certain tracks with passages that I listen for to test out new headphones and these shone through where many fail. Very pleased with these and would recommend them to all.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Great sound, blocks noise and top of the crop for this price bracket

Having moved from Bose (given that they were stolen with my luggage at an airport) to this unit, they are great in sound and noise eliminating at the same time.

When travelling overnight, I would put these on without music and dull the surround sound - great pickup.

I would thoroughly recommend this brand and will purchase more in the future. My son does an incredible amount of research and these were also his number 1 pick.

Date PurchasedAug 2014

Light, Comfortable and Good Sound

The title says it all. These are light-weight enough that they are not too oppressive. They feel soft and comfortable on the ears. And they are good at blocking out external sounds and allow you to focus on your selected audio tracks. Whilst they are not perfect, I would recommend them to others.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Great Pair of Headphones

These headphones are very good, the price is under $200 and the only other brand that can compete is Sennheiser. The sound quality is very good, the mids and lows are very nice, the base isn't very prevalent and the quality is studio level. Some gripes are that the headphones are uncomfortable 30 minutes of wearing will start hurting. If you want to increase the quality more you could use an amp. Great pair of headphones.

Date PurchasedJul 2017