Sony MDR-ZX110NC

Sony MDR-ZX110NC

MPNs: 35904809 and MDRZX110NC
See the Best Wired Headphones in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Sony? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Sound Quality
  • Bass
  • Comfort
  • Noise Cancellation

I'm very happy with this product. It does the job well

I walk to work sometimes on a busy, noisy road and bought this product to both hear my music clearly and minimize the traffic noise. Compared to other headphones I have, these definitely work very well. They are comfortable, clear and compact too. I'm happy with them.

Ray
RaySydney, NSW

Was not to

I called Sony 5 days in a row to follow up with this product because they falsely advertised this item and i bought in one to get a refund but never got a response on top of that they keep telling no can't do anything and told me to sell the product in eBay and you will get the money this was from one of the supervisor

SMT
SMTAU

Great product

I bought it online not having any big expectations. The headphones positively surprised me. They are on ear rather than over ear. Noise cancellation works well and battery seems to last for hours and hours

Purchased in April 2020 for $39.00.

Tiffany B.

Good budget noise-cancelling headphones... wish the lead was longer

Purchased in March 2016 at Dick Smith for $99.00.

Anna H.
Anna H.

I use these when flying

I mainly use these when I am flying and listening to movies on the plane. For an in-expensive headphone they work well for me. I like that they fold up. They take a AAA battery and you turn them on to listen. No adjustable sound levels on the headphones, but you can do that on your device.

Purchased in June 2019.

Sam L
Sam L

Good mid end on-ear headphones

I have this one for nearly a year now and they are still intact, no scratches,peel off, etc. In terms of comfort, it is not bad although I still think that over the ear headphones are more comfortable. The noise cancellation makes these headphones need a battery to operate, but I found the noise cancellation is not that useful but I am not really sensitive towards noise/high pitch noise. Again, it is easier to 'cancel' noises by getting over the ears headphones than actively cancelling it like these heandphones do.
They are light and foldable make it easy to carry around, the cable is long enough. Sound quality wise they are as good as a 70 bucks heandphones can be.

Purchased in January 2019 at JB Hi-Fi.

JimbGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good Headphones

Bought these to use while flying as they drown out air noise good quality comfortable to wear amplifier good light weight sound quality good needs to be a bit more durable but if taken care of ok also fold up.

Purchased in September 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $79.00.

Mylo N.
Mylo N.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

A step up from standard headphones.

Purchased in August 2018 at Kogan.com for $49.00.

Melanie H.
Melanie H.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great affordable headphones with good sound quality.

I listen to mostly pop, dance, rap and hiphop. I have been really please with these headphones the sound quality is great for the price. Headband part stretched abit though.

Purchased in November 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $49.00.

Najmus S
Najmus SGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good for the money.

It’s not great. However it serves my purpose as a layman. I am using this for more than a year and I am happy with it. It has chord, so not really good for activities.

Purchased in April 2017 at Target Australia for $50.00.

mthom75
mthom75

Played for about 30 minutes

I was excited when I bought these, until I got them home. The noise cancelling is not perceptible but that didn't worry me too much, the sound was ok. Then after about 30 minutes of use on two occasions they stopped working. Tried reconnecting everything in every different way, but they had died. This voice in the back of my head is now clearer than ever "should have bought the Bose"

Purchased in February 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $229.00.

Luna
LunaPerth, WA

Great reliable product

We bought this through online. Noise cancelling function isn't quite focused and it seems just an addition. Other functions are great, not complains. Reliable product and we recommend this if you seek a decent reasonable headphone without spending fortune.

Purchased in September 2015.

Maharshian
MaharshianAdelaide

This is a perfect headphones for daily use.

I have been using this headphones for almost a month and half now and it have been serving the purpose perfectly. The sound quality is amazing. However, if you are considering going for a noise cancelling headphones, this headphones are not for you. Also, there is an issue of leakage on some noise with this headphones, if you don't mind these problems than these are the best pair of headphones you can get for this price range.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Fiona
FionaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Overall decent value, 50% less noise does really help.

Overall decent value, 50% less noise does really help. I bought these for flying, after being subjected to annoyingly loud engine/flight noise on a recent trip to New Zealand. I guess they reduced the noise by about 50%, which may be normal for a lower end product. I paid about $75 aud for them. {I mainly chose these because at the airport, they were one of the least expensive , after which prices jumped to $300+. I would've paid up to $180, but nothing available. }
The sound when listening to a movie was really quite good, clear, with very good volume adjustment.

Date PurchasedSept 2018
Eve
EveCASSOWARY

Good choice

When switched off, they're not very good, frankly. But when switched on, they sound pretty great. Not quite like a high-end pair, but very good for this price point. They are snug - fairly comfortable but after 2-3 hours, your head might need a break. While they work well in a car/office environment, they do NOT reduce noise enough for good airplane use in my opinion. They'll work in a pinch, but only at full volume.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018