ALDI

ALDI

2.8 from 1,700 reviews

See the Best Supermarkets in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

L C.

L C.

Food Poisoning

I got food poisoning from their packaged sliced chicken at Ashgrove. Not impressed. Lift your game and store food correctly! Won't be buying meat products again from this store. Luckily I wasn't at work.

Store LocationAshgrove

Ruds

RudsPerth, WA

Price increase

Recent price increases seem rediculous. All in all I seem to be spending 15% more than previously at ALDI. This is not even close to inflation. Too name a few, 1kg Raisins - 20% up, mince - 10% up, cheese 10% -15%, etc. It seems like ALDI is systematically increasing pricing now that they have gained the feet.

Store LocationCockburn, Beeliar and Lakes

Belmont scotch finger biscuits

being buying scotch finger biscuits from Aldi for years and being happy with them but this year they have made them smaller and they taste disgusting. I'll definitely won't be buying them again .

Hameed A.

Hameed A.Perth, WA

Pathetic! Literally Sickening! Bad Quality

Store LocationBELMONT SHOPPING CENTRE, BELMONT, WA

Rose

RoseSydney, NSW

Great quality products and service

I regularly shop at Aldi and have been impressed by the quality of products they have available for sale. Whilst the price of Aldi products has gradually increased, their products are consistently good. I really enjoy their special offers and have picked up some great one off excellent quality products which includes home wares and gardening products. The surprise element of the special offers they make available makes my shopping experience at Aldi particularly interesting.

Store LocationMultiple locations

Carol

CarolWestern District, VIC

So annoyed

I shop at aldi every week,and i enjoy the products and the savings. I had discovered 2 products recently and really loved them ,however, when i went to purchase 1 of the products in my weekly shop, i found the product had been discontinued, i was quite annoyed but decided i could get it elsewhere, but the price was more inflated. Then today i went to purchase the other product with my weekly shop and found that it also has been discontinued. To say i was really annoyed is an understatement. So now i have decided to stop shopping at aldi i may be able to save money shopping there but, your products are to unreliable so i will be paying more, but at least i know i will be able to get it.

Store LocationWarrnambool

Cristina M

Cristina MWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Fresh produce on special at Aldi could sometime disappoint you

I shop weekly at Aldi and, most of the time, I am happy with the quality of the products. However, when it comes to fresh produce on special, you really need to be very careful, as this avocado bought yesterday for $ 1.49 proves. It is the second one from the same bunch that I will have to throw away.
The baby cucumbers are usually ,crunchy and good when fresh. However, being a bit pricey, probably do not sell that well and, by the time they are on special, they have long past their best days.
This has been my only source of disappointment with Aldi. I wish they will stop trying to cheat the costumers just to keep the profits up.

Store LocationBundaberg central

Dan

Dan

Aldi bottled Northbrook spring water

my family won't drink tap water anymore my son says the tap water doesn't taste nice and hubby says it has a nice taste to it so am buying the 6 bottle pack of 1.5l and 3 of the 600ml slab weekly with my weekly shopping cart is full ~
thankyou Aldi Keilor Downs Vic

Store LocationKeilor Downs Vic
ted

ted

parking fines

I was shopping at aldi's Canterbury and returned to my car to find a parking ticket. I was not aware that we needed to get a parking docket manually and post this on your screen because I shop mostly at Ashfield. This was a surprise, I have processed a appeal and downloaded my shopping receipt. Just cant understand this practise and is this legal. Is Aldi loosing the plot I have been caught out a few times with trolleys that don't return your coin. Something for Aldi's to think about.

Sadman

SadmanCentral Queensland, QLD

Aldi savory biscuits

It started with the bbq shapes equivalent they started terrific, then the flavour salts became less flavour ( as can be seen by the red and green flavour bits gone missing on all but a few in the packet ) and more salt, same happened with the cheddar flavour terrific to start, then less and less cheese flavour and more plain salt, now its the chicken crinkles no chicken flavour anymore just a very fine salt. Mostly Aldi has very good products but slight changes like dish washing detergent reduced from a litre to 900ml most people wouldn't notice but I did little cost cutting practices

Store LocationBundaberg and Waterford Qld

staff style

Staff does not look as much friendly as compared to Coles or Woolworth . Smiles makes difference.
Looks Aldi staff needs more training. I visited Mount Druitt and not happy to visit again.

Store LocationMount Druit

Tricia

TriciaPerth, WA

Checkout Time

Biscuits and yoghurt are great. Not the vegegables or meat.
The number of staff at the checkouts is usually insufficient, but its even worse between noon and 2pm. Be prepared for long queues.

Caz

CazPerth, WA

Mrs Howe

I visited the Waikiki store today.bought a few item went to the checkout and decided to buy4bottles of wine only to be refused because my 18 year old granddaughter was with me and she did not have her drivers licence on her. The check out girl was not only rude but condescending. How ridiculous Im approaching 60 and was refused the purchase

Store LocationWaikik

disappointed

disappointedSydney, NSW

Peaches

I have found that sweet valley peaches have reduced the amount of peaches in there 825 gr tin to under 600 grs and guess what still costs the same they are beginning to look like a bank

Store LocationRiverwood
AnR

AnR

Nice little organic selection / Nuts and Seeds

They have a growing number of organic products like nuts and seeds for a very good price compared to other organic brands. I also like their selection of frozen fruits!

rollinwinnies

rollinwinniesSydney, NSW

Strange taste I cant put my finger on?

Everything from the salt and vinegar chips to the meat tastes awful. Don't bother with the packaged sausages and kebabs - cardboard, milk and oats would be more enjoyable.
Great for anyone with no tastebuds and a small income. A basic Berg branded salami and cheese sandwhich had to be binned after the first bite.

Trisha F

Trisha FSydney, NSW

Very disappointed!

Store LocationSouthpoint Shopping Centre Pagewood NSW

Tham Ta

Tham TaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bad bacon.

I have reported the problem of bacon on messenger but haven't got reply yet.
We are really concerned about the product from this bacon. Looks like it's rotten or having swine flu from pork. Urgent, please check the product.
We still have another package at home and it expired on 25Nov and have the same problem.

Store LocationSunshine

Sofia29

Sofia29Sydney, NSW

Stale nuts

I spent $8.99 on 500gm of Walnuts which were mouldy and stale. I didnt realise until i used the product. It taste so off. I checked the packet and it had mould growing on the edges of the packet. Avoid Aldi nuts.

Store LocationMiller, NSW

JudiGippsland, VIC

Yummy surprises in store.

It took me awhile to convert to Aldi. Now I am hooked. It's not that they are cheap. It's that the others are too dear. Just love Bakers Life 85% lower carb bread Topped with Barrel spreadable Goats Cheese or Slices. Can't wait to find more surprises in store. Thank you Aldi

Store LocationBairnsdale

Janeneasked

Is the scampi (frozen) any good?

Janene

Elmer provided the totally useless answer of "go in and have a look". Sigh - some people miss the point.

Fair Go

Aldi's Scampi is very good and comes from Denmark. Buy Aussie prawns, similar taste and better value.

fred f

Taste buds differ. Why not try them yourself and share so I dont waste any money?

susan h.asked

Just bought a fitness machine and plugged in and blew up,I bought a flat pack set of drawers had to replace about three parts had to photograph and email before could get replacements and wait a week for each replacement nightmare,cheap ptoducts are fraught with problems,not high standard,cost 15.00 to bring home & probably more to return do I get reimbursed for this not likely,so disappolnting

fred f

Except for the challenging Long sentence my guess is that this is really a review.
If I understand correctly the drawers issue has been resolved but not the machine? If correct just use the standard options of contacting Aldi or the company listed on the equipment if you are looking for genuine resolution.

susan h.

How on earth did you come up with that answer

1 + 1 = 11 in fred's case

Sallyanne L.

Sallyanne L.asked

Why is aldi jindurra meat so tough and don't tell me it's the way we cooked it I'm a chef.

fred f

Since Aldi dont reply in this Review forum who do you expect will provide a definitive response?

Boris Yasminsky
Boris Yasminsky

Ummm, If you are a chef, you would know the breed of the beast simply by the grain, fat distribution and marbling. If you are a chef, why would you buy Aldi meat when you can buy restaurant quality meat for less than what Aldi sells for. And finally, as a chef you would know that the toughest meat can be made in to the sweetest and most tender meat simply by cooking it the correct way. Good, different does not mean ignorance !.

Judi

I was sceptical at first but no questions asked Aldi is the best value for money. Over the years I have pad a lot for bread Now I have discovered Bakers Life 85% lower carb bread High fibre low GI 50% less sugar and flavoursome. $4.99 but worth every cent. Well done Aldi. You've won me. Thank you

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives