ALDI

ALDI

2.9 from 1,517 reviews

Aldi is good, but you can't split payments

Don't get me wrong, the prices are usually good, undercutting the major two supermarkets. But I have been refused when trying to pay with a split paymet of a portion with a prepaid efpos card (gift card) and the balance on a credit card. Both Coles and Woorlworths have no problem splitting payments between cards, or cash and cards, so why is it so difficult for Aldi. In this case, I left all the groceries behing and went to Woolworths where they gladly accepted my money split between cards.

Store LocationChadstone

Made me feel like a criminal

Went to Aldi for mayonnaise and a bottle of wine today. Was refused to be served at the checkout as I had my 15 yr old daughter with me. The wine, by the way, was a gift for my neighbour. I don’t even drink. Are you kidding me Aldi? The check out guy kept asking for my daughters ID and told me over and over again that it was the law. Which by the way is not. Made me feel like a criminal. Never again Aldi. I’m done with you. Lost a customer today. Went to Dan Murphys with no problem whatsoever and got the mayo from Woolworths.

Store LocationNorthland Preston

Quite Cheap

Love this place, can't say all their stuff is the cheapest but when they have clearences, the prices can drop quite dramatically that it is worth purchasing (if you needed it of course)

Store LocationCapalaba

Minus for Deco Brilliant White Paint & Antique White

If there was a minus rating this is what this paint is. Steer clear of this product. A week's work wasted and need to fix the problem. The paint wipes off easily ...... what a disaster have to redo all areas. Briilliant white used on exposed beams and ceiling, The paint is thick and gluggy, really difficult to apply even after light thinning of first coat as per instructions. Paint is not smooth compared to other known brands.
Prep of of cleaning walls twice with mild diluted sugar soap undertaken. Sanding not required as textured walls. Undercoat and min 24 hour drying time between coats . Disappointing to say the least. Should have read whirlpool comments before buying. Now left with problem to fix. Never experienced result like this before

Store LocationMandurah WA

Aldi lamb chops are just

When Aldi first opened, their meat was very good for the price.
At last week's barbecue, one of our guests picked it straight away that the chops we were serving, and was saying Aldi chops have banned in his house.
These photos speak for themselves.

Store LocationCarrum Downs Victoria Australia

Great meat

We have tryed the corn beef and found it to be tender and juicy we weren't sure but we are a convert and will recommend aldi to everyone,thank you.for having cheeper and better food than coles and Woolworths

Store LocationWyong

Costs far less Than Coles, Woolworths or Foodland

Usually better quality food, usually better taste, less preservatives, sale and processing. Notice how other stores now have half price specials (Usually the same products every week!) This never happened before Aldi forced the prices the down.

Store LocationAdelaide

Products

The Coffee and Muffins are Good along with Some of the Meats

Customer service Could improve at stores
Be prerpared for a long wait in busy times as Serving customers isnt high on the Agenda and more of a after thought

Best buys faulty

Every one says aldi is the best place to get value for money but I dont think so as there are many things
Firstly there are faulty things in its special buys and are not so durable all the times
And I went to aldi burnside there the team member is having attitude which is not good
I bought Tuna which is spoiled already from inside
Mostly important they charge a 0.5% surcharge on us for every card ur transaction so if we take all these into account
It wont give us value for money

Store Location3 aldis

Chicken stinks!

I love shopping at Aldi but I will never buy their chicken again - it’s within date but it stinks. I have now thrown four lots out but this is the last time - never again!!

Store LocationCivic Canberra

Favourite shop my far

Such a great place to shop, the limited options makes shopping quick and easy. Excellent value for money, I have reduced my groceries bill drastically by shopping at this shop.

Love Aldi

Love shopping at Aldi. There is a great range of groceries. Their fruit and vegetables are always cheap. The meat is very nice.
The weekly specials are always of great value and the products are of excellent quality. Staff are always friendly and cheerful.

Store LocationAlbury

Foot massager great

Top foot massager heats massages and compression feels great 2 levels of pressure 15 min timer auto turn off well built suckyion caps. Crop to floor won’t slip away top unit

Store LocationDapto
Great foot massager

Food Poisoning from Ocean Rise Danish Mussels

I opened them Thursday 7th May 19, they tasted ok, within an hour I had severe lower stomach pains, after going to the toilet, suffering diarrhea, the smell was of mussels!

Store LocationLabrador, Queensland, 4215

porterhouse roast

On pension day I thought i'd lash out on a piece of porterhouse roast-not cheap at $17 for a one kilo piece. I am an expert at roasts but this was so off and tasted old and was extremely fatty. Their mince is also terrible. Will only trust butchers from now on.

Store LocationNorth Sydney

Aldi Kitchen Goods

Just spent 2 hours on the phone trying to find out about their products the specifications of a range hood on sale in next catalogue as in nose it makes ? and on a induction cooktop that i have purcaced. I have read reviews on that saying they only last 3months and then cant be fixed. i wanted to find out if this was a common problem as i dont want to install it in my new kitchen just to find out i need to replace with something else ? I rang 3 diffrent numbers and they all said ring the other but no one could answer my questions. Can anyone help ?

Store LocationTuggerah

Products I like keep disappearing from your shelves!

Shame on you, Aldi! The last year or so, there seems to of been an awful lot of products that have been disappearing from your shelves. Products I have bought for a long time. I'm not happy. I've religiously stocked up on things in your store when I find something that I love. Only to find its more often than not, disappeared from your shops the next time I've gone into one!

I've lost count of the number of items I can't buy in Aldi anymore. And as I can't buy them in Coles or Woolies, what is there for me to do? I just have to go without. The latest product that is gone from my freezer now is Kapiti ice creams. From NZ. They were beautiful. Both the white chocolate & the milk chocolate ones. I bought boxes of them & stashed them away, & all the while the thought was in the back of my mind that they might not be around forever in your stores. I was right! Grrrrrr!

I know why you get new products in, then the next minute, they are gone. You're continually wanting your suppliers to supply the goods to you for less & less money. That's your business principle. If they refuse, you just don't stock their product anymore. Not fair on the suppliers, & certainly not fair on we, the consumers.

Its hard enough finding food that I like to eat that's not laden with heaps of additives/chemicals. And when I find something that I like, I want to be able to buy it forever.

But its not just your "missing" products that I have a problem with.

The lighting in your stores needs a bit of a look at, for people such as myself. I suffer from an auto immune disorder that leaves me with terribly dry eyes. I have to always put drops in before I go into an Aldi store. But even doing this, when I leave the store & get home, my eyes are screaming with pain for anything up to 2 hours! Interesting though, that I don't have a problem with my eyes when I go into any Coles/Woolies supermarket, or any major shopping centre. Might be because their roofs are higher than the Aldi ones, & so the lighting is not as close to my eyes.

As of a week or two ago, I've decided I won't be going into an Aldi store anymore. My eyes will thank me for it, & I won't have the constant disappointment of not being able to buy everything that I want on my shopping list. I've taken my grocery dollars back to Woolies. When I want groceries, I want to be able to get what I want, when I want it. Woolies never lets me down. I can see why lots of singles/families like shopping at Aldi. Their shopping dollar stretches much further there, & for people on a strict budget, this is a good thing.

As I don't go into Aldi anymore, my husband goes in to buy the few items that we can still buy there. Sweethaven frozen apple pies in the 4 pack are simply divine. Every time hubby goes to buy them, there's always hardly any left. Is this another product you will be taking from the shelves one day soon? He says there are always way more berry pies than the apple. And we tried the berry ones once & don't like them, so we won't buy them again. They aren't nearly as nice as the apple ones. The organic black tea is lovely, the minestrone soup in the tin is really nice, so too is the tandil dishwashing liquid. And the medium garbage bags in vanilla scent I really love. So yes, a few things we still buy at Aldi. But for how long? That is the question!

Your prices are the only good thing I have to say about Aldi these days. When you first opened in OZ, I thought Aldi was great. Back then, you didn't get rid of nearly as many products as you do these days.

Aldi is what it is.

Aldi has a lot of good products at good prices, but you have to know what they are and sometimes you don't have time for repeated trial and error.
On the downside, they don't stock all of the items that can be bought at Woolworths and Coles and they regularly under stock their temporary advertised items to get customers inside. (Is this legal?)
What puts me off the most is that there are usually five counters with long conveyor belts, but only one or two will be in use, so it's not the place to go for a quick shop. It's also intimidating when the checkout operators push your purchased products on to you without giving you sufficient time to repack the trolley properly and pay for your goods.

Hit and miss, could be better.

Firstly, there are some great items at Aldi where the price and product are better than the other 2 big names. There are however, several reasons that Aldi gets 2 stars:
1. On 2 seperate occasions I was after several items. One was 2 litres of milk. My local Aldi was out of stock (I could buy 3 litres or multiple 1 litres). The second was I needed some tomatoes. Again, the local Aldi was out of stock. I ended up getting them from elsewhere. These are staple items!!
2. I am currently trying to get a particular type of cheese that I know is carried by Aldi. Local store didn't carry it so I thought I would do a search on the net to see which store carried it. Either this function is extremely well hidden or not available.
3. The checkout operators need to pay attention to what is going on around them. I understand they move things quickly but when the previous shopper takes a while to get their trolley out of the bagging area it is pointless shovelling goods for the next shopper into the bagging area when they can't even access it! TIP - wait until the previous person clears the bagging area before starting to process the next shoppers items.

Fantastic products fantastic prices

Today I purchased a adjustable kids craft table from your Port Macquarie store, what a great table. The quality is fantastic was easy to build and also comes with a 1 year warranty for only $70 very happy this will last for years to come!

Store LocationPort Macquarie

I have found Aldi products very good except one, our Bauhn 40inch TV we bought last March 2018, just after the 12 month warranty ran out the TV started to Pixel-ate on all Ch 9 and SBS channels with distorted sound. I have sent two messages of the Aldi customer service with no response. Under the National Statutory warranty it should be covered. Can someone from Aldi please respond before I contact the ACCC
This is not Aldi they do not monitor this site either contact aldi head office or ask in store or contact the ACCCI do not know about monitoring but you can clearly see they don’t respond here. I found an alternate contact if interested. Anyway please consider sharing your outcome with ACCC.I didn't know they didn't monitor this site, thank you

If I start buying my porterhouse steak etc from Aldi and find it is not up to scratch does Aldi refund or replace?
this is NOT aldi. ask at a store its the way you are going to get the correct answerDon’t worry about it if you are so pedantic!When you previously returned food to other stores, what was the outcome?

What are the aldi 4.5 kg clothes dryers like?
As much as I love Aldi and their products, I simply would not consider any electrical items other than well established brand names; ie Electrolux, Simpson, Westinghouse etc. You may save $100+ buying one from Aldi but what happens when you need a warranty call out service etc. At least with brand names, a technician can be at your door the next day. ByeCrapStirling electrical products are those items that manufacturers shove out the door to Aldi at a cheap price because they are no where near the quality that they should be and Aldi sell them knowing that if they break down under statutory warranty ( and they most likely will because of very poor manufacturers quality) you Will Not get replaced or repaired thru Tempo warranty company.They will only offer refunds-Aldi just wast their money paying a warranty company to tell people what we already know -So beware-If you buy special buy electrical products from aldi-you will never get it replaced or repaired if it dies under all warranties

Similar listings