NQR Grocery Clearance Store

NQR Grocery Clearance Store

eelcat

eelcat

Love shops like this

Visited the Prospect (SA) store today for the first time and was suitably impressed. There was a similar store in the same building that closed down a year ago. That been there for around 20 years and got stale and unkempt. The NQR store was well laid out and well lit. Lots of bargains there and I'll be visiting on a weekly basis.

Andy

Andy

Occasional bargain, but...

These are a good idea, and there are sometimes decent bargains to be found, but the stores themselves tend to be terribly run. The Victorian stores had signs to wear masks and follow the direction arrows during covid, but the staff often ignored these...

Yssai

Yssai

Pricing is misleading

The pricing labels was different when they the item was punch in the counter. Staff said it is correct tho they can read it properly that it was not.

Dean G.

Dean G.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Value for money. Good bargain option compared to Woolies and Coles

Been shopping at their Frankston store for some time and have been loving the bargain available. Some staff is really nice and the store is pretty much neat and organised. Good to choose as alternative to Woolies or Coles.

Houdini

Houdini

Please put a price tag on your products

We shop weekly at Nqr Frankston and are happy with the staff . But it would be nice to have the correct prices displayed on all their items and not having to ask the staff what price is this ,due to no price tags.Even worse wrong prices displayed and not knowing until checkout , it wastes our time and yours.Hope someone at Nqr reads this and that we are not wasting our time.

TPT

TPTMELBOURNE

Their pricing and range is good....

Cheapest store in Aus

Great range of snacks, beer, wine, spirits, dairy, crafts, pet food and my favorite... Ice cream. Something for everyone. Really.

Great bargains. One staff member (works saturdays) at frankson NQR, completely rude.

Was served by a lady that rolled her eyes at me and gave me a blatant stare and made rude remarks everytime i made civil polite conversation with her. Other staff have been fine, but this lady on Saturdays is completely rude. Poor customer service.

Joybell

JoybellBayswater North

Good place for bargains

We regularly shop at the Kilsyth shopping center weekly. Although we do use the other supermarkets there we always call in at NQR and see what bargains we can get. We rarely walk out without purchasing something.

StephenCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Good value, we always check at NQR before going to Coles or Woolworths!

I'm talking about the Kangaroo Flat store. First of all it's important to remember that NQR stands for "not quite right" so many of the products offered are close to the "use by" or "best by" date, or deleted lines or end of line so what's available varies a fair bit from week to week. However, once you understand and accept that this is the nature of the business, it's a great place to shop. The staff at the Kangaroo Flat store are always very helpful and friendly and make shopping there a pleasant experience. I note that a lot of the staff have been working there for some time. There are generally good specials in the frozen and dairy sections and recently I have been buying some very nice Belgian beer at a great price!

Beware the Rose

Our store at Kangaroo Flat offers a good range of products at very good prices and products change regularly. To save a stop at the bottle shop on way home from shopping decided to try your Rose....unfortunately it was undrinkable

Great deals and bargains

Prices are amazing on most things. They have a big sellection of frozen foods and other goodies. Dont expect a supermarket because it a bulk buy store. Always have differnt specials and products you wont find at safeway or coles. Worth checking out.

Fuzz

FuzzCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Great but encourages you to overeat!

Good stuff, cheap with ever changing variety. Lots of chips, nuts and drinks. But sometimes gourmet specials. You might buy too much of the wrong stuff though and that's the downside

snakeman

snakeman

great place for budget shoppers

i have shopped in NQR BALLARAT many years,always look in on a weekly basis,rarely leave without a load of super specials and named low cost groceries.I have yet to buy an item that was nqr,yes they have items we have never heard of that are end of run,cancelled o/s orders,over stocks but to date everything has been in perfect condition,the coolroom section always has some super lowpriced bargains in there,Just dont expect to do a full shop there,i go there first,then ALDI and then the big two for those MUST HAVE lines,being a pensioner i have to watch my pennies,THANK YOU NQR great staff great prices.

Treats we would otherwise have to go without

Jim Wu

Jim WuMelbourne

I love this store!

I'm a recently converted, now-passionate NQR shopper. I will go here every week to see if there are any bargains among the food I want, and then i buy up big. Their wine selection is also quite decent, I've found a few beautiful wines for $5 each

jayellevee

jayelleveeAU

Worth a look every week

If you see this shop, just keep walking past. Do not enter these dirty shops

Upon entering nqr shops, you notice the dirty floors, shelves and products. When I have purchased anything, I can be assured a trip to the doctors the next day. FOOD POISION HEAVEN. My advice if you see a nqr shop. Just keep walking. Want cheaper foods? Aldi, Coles and Safeway in my opinion are much cheaper and cleaner anyway. Time for this chain to close up again.

Bad Products, poor store layout, dirty shops, dirty floors. Grim and grot everywhere.

passion

passionAU

OK

ifi am at the shopping centre where the NQR store is I usually stop and pick up a few bargains. theprices are cheap, but I wouldn't expect to get my weekly groceries there. stillwell worth a look if you are after a bargain and if you need to buy in bulk. the last time I went into the store I was amazed by the politeness and friendliness of the staff member at the checkout.
cheap prices
Cant get everything I need in one shop.

Need for Understanding

pam carter

pam carterasked

Do they have pasta as I feed the poor in the community

Stephen

Hi Pam, As I said in my review, NQR stands for "not quite right" which means that they deal with "end of line" close to "best by or use date", deleted items, over production and such so you cannot count on them to have a full range at any time. However, they have most things most of the time. They generally have pasta of some sort; we were there today and although we didn't buy any pasta I recall that they had the dry pasta which they have pretty much all of the time, plus some of that very nice filled San Remo ravioli (or similar) in the dairy case. We weren't looking for pasta today so I didn't notice the price - sorry. What we purchased today was minimal but we bought high quality (relatively low fat and relatively high protein) frozen pizzas for $1.99 (440 gram) which is super cheap as an equivalent item in Woolworths or Coles would be $7 or $3.50 or $4.50 on special. Occasionally they have commercial size packs of stuff in the dairy case at amazingly low prices - yoghurt and sauces etc. Given the nature of your interest I suggest that you subscribe to their email which will give you advance notice of their weekly specials so you can review things on line rather than having to make a check in person. There is a nice young bloke named Rick (I think) who is the Manager and two very nice young women (named Sarah and Tina from memory) who are the Shift Managers and perhaps it would be worthwhile for you to introduce yourself to them?