Kym P

Kym PGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Total crap!

On Christmas went to whip cream & stick mixer worked for all of 2 mins & then stopped. Re-Checked it had been assembled properly, power points working etc. Never started again. Read little note: “The stick mixer should not be used for more than 1 minute intervals. Ensure to allow a 2 minute rest interval for every 1 minute cycle” - if I had know that, I never would have purchased.

LEH

LEHGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Do not buy this product

Used max of 10 times times in the period June 2019-November 2020 to chop onion, fresh and dried herbs, when it suddenly dies. Bought it in the first place as I do not use often and it was cheap. As it was now out of warranty, I called the service number to find out repair cost but informed that they do not repair and do not accept the almost as new parts returned for any kind of reuse-recycling, so it will have to go in landfill. VERY DISAPPOINTED.

Purchased in July 2019 at ALDI for $20.00.

Tilotama S.

Tilotama S.Sydney, NSW

Bought it from local Aldi as there were heaps in stock, should have read the review first, no wonder there were 20 of them.
It is easy to use and move around but other than that it literally takes minutes to blitz up something.
First use, used the processor attachment to process some brown sesame. It took a while and didn’t grind up that well but the annoying thing is, it left a stain and it wouldn’t go. Now the dish is soaking for few hours in vinegar bath.
Second use, used to blend up quick smoothie (banana and avo), as I mentioned it took its time but left lumps of the fruits.

Purchased in November 2020 for $19.99.

Carmel

CarmelGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worked Fine for 18 months

This stick mixer is a little more robust than Aldi's cheaper version which I had also bought. Unfortunately the cheaper version just stopped after a couple months of light use, then I upgraded to the the more expensive model priced at $60 & thought this will last longer....it did, but it just died mid bananna blend. Obviously I will be returning it, I just wish Aldi would stop getting this type of product built in China. Clearly, they are creating inferior products.....why cant they be built in Germany? I would definitely have more confidence in the product!

Purchased in May 2019 at ALDI for $60.00.

Martha H.

Martha H.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Waste of money

Bought from Aldi 13/10/19. I probably used it 5 or 6 times only to beat eggs,cream etc. Today 17/10/20 it just stopped working, four days after warranty ran out. Not buying any Aldi/Ambiano electrics ever again

Purchased in October 2019 at ALDI for $19.99.

EmmylouRichmond-Tweed, NSW

It was good ... until it wasn't

I had been regularly making fruit smoothies for about a year. Used the bowl attachment to make pesto one time and the motor just went pffft and that was that! However i looked in the manual for a contact number and read there was a 3 year warranty. I had taped the receipt in back of the manual. I hoped they would just replace the motor part but was told they had no parts available. She said to send it all back to them and I'll get a refund. I'd rather have the motor as I hate the throwaway system.

Purchased in June 2019 at ALDI for $60.00.

It was the GTM-8230B model

Dissapointed

DissapointedQueensland

Stick mixer broke after max 12 uses

Disappointing to buy products that end up in landfill after a handful of uses. Aldi, please source better quality controlled products or at the very least extend the warranty on these cheap Chinese products. Bad news story im afraid !

Purchased in October 2018 for $19.99.

Zejja

Zejja

Stopped working after 1 yearish

Bought this stick blender from Aldi in 2018. I don't use it much, mainly to blend butter into flour for scones. Used it on Sunday to make breadcrumbs (chopped stale bread into 2cm cubes and put half a cup in the blender). Pulsed it several times and suddenly it stopped working. No idea why. It just stopped. No smoke, no burning smell, nothing. I checked the plug, the power point and the fuse box. Nothing. Maybe it was only supposed to last one year and a bit. But now I have all the plastic junk that came in the box that I will need to chuck out so I can buy and store a better stick blender :(
Unfortunately I have not kept the receipt. Very disappointed. I do not recommend this product.

Purchased in October 2018 at ALDI.

CornelisGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

ambiano stick mixer IA1457

only used it twice and it just stopped working, complete rubbish. don't have the reciept anymore, so it will be thrown in the bin, or will Aldi give a refund without the receipt.

Purchased at Rosebud.

kirti d.

kirti d.South East Queensland, QLD

Not working

I have used it for 2 times and i after that it stops working. I had very bad experience cause i bought two of them and both are not working

Purchased for $20.00.

Geoffrey B.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

absolute rubbish

bought this in July 2019 with 12 months warranty. Didn't use it until my old one finally packed up in december. I'd have been lucky to use it more than 6 times, and today it went dead in the middle of chopping 90 grams of vegetables in the chopper to add to the dogs mince. Money down the drain.

Purchased in July 2019 at ALDI for $60.00.

Drewe

DreweSouth East Queensland, QLD

Dangerous Electrocuted Me

This machine blew up in my hand have a look for yourself. Luckily I had an electrical safety switch and I wasn't badly injured. Will be calling Aldi in the morning could have been much worse.

Very poor quality, broke on first use beating egg white. Hopeless

Very poor quality, the whisk beater broke on the first use.
The motor housing looks good and feels good, but the attachment are poor quality. Not worth the time or money.

Purchased in January 2019 at ALDI for $50.00.

Terrible quality, immediate refund

Broke within months of purchase ($60). Whizzing up a smoothie, pop and burning electrical smell. Took the unit back to an Aldi store and they refunded the purchase price on the spot.

Purchased in July 2019 at ALDI for $60.00.

Digby

DigbySydney, NSW

Absolute Rubbish

I bought this item on the 13th October 2019. I used it 4 times. On the fourth time it buzzed once and released smoke and never worked again. It is not fit for purpose. I returned it for a full refund on the 6th November 2019.

Purchased in October 2019 at ALDI for $20.00.

Neil

NeilSydney, NSW

Terrible product

Bought this last week on special buys. Used it today for the first time making garlic sauce. Fuse blew, machine started smoking! Many people saying the same thing happened to them! Surely this is a faulty product?

Purchased in October 2019 at ALDI for $20.00.

Caroline K

Caroline KMelbourne

Broke on 2nd use

The stick mixer broke on the 2nd use. Was only using it on soft items. I can't find the receipt so I cant get a refund. Really disappointed with the product. I Do not recommend getting a stick mixer from Aldi

Purchased in October 2019 at ALDI for $29.00.

Joy. H

Joy. HGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Stopped working

Stopped working after using it for the second time, only used to mash bananas, pathetic piece of plastic I'd say! Motor does smell like it burnt out or anything, but surely after two uses only mashing bananas the motor shouldn't burn out!

Purchased in October 2019 at ALDI for $29.00.

j9

j9Wanniassa

Not great quality

Bought this hand blender last year. It broke in less than a year of using it. Aldi and the company were great at giving the refund in a timely manner

techkal

techkalPerth, WA

was a fantastic idea at the time

Jean Doyleasked

Stick Mixer

I bought a stick mixer model no lA 1457 it does not work I pursued it 2 months ago went to use it yesterday and it doesn’t work I don’t have my receipt for it can I take it back to Aldi

Jean Doyle

Yes went to use buzz that was it

Jean Doyle

Went to use and does not work

Cornelis

hi Jean, yes same with me, no stick mixer and no receipt

Angry receiver

Angry receiverasked

Stick Mixer

My stick blender stopped working, and I can't find my aldi receipt, can I still get a refund from aldi??

Geoffrey B.

I went to aldi to complain, I was fobbed off with "find the receipt". I have bought several cheap electrical items from aldi & have subsequently replaced most of them with mainstream better items.

disappointed :(

disappointed :(asked

Stick Mixer

I bought one of these Ambiano stick mixers (with mixing jug and chopping attachment) a while ago but only just opened it and started using it. I have used it 4 times and it went 'pffhttt' last night blending cooked pumpkin. I have no docket but I have all the original packaging as it has only just been opened recently. Will Aldi give me a replacement if intake it in to a store? Is there anything I can do without a receipt? Thank you.

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives

ALDI Stick Mixer

Compare all 5 ALDI Stick Mixer
CategoryStick Blenders / MixersStick Blenders / MixersStick Blenders / MixersStick Blenders / Mixers
Special Buy Dates
  • 26 Oct 2016
  • 14 Oct 2017
  • 13 Oct 2018
  • 12 Oct 2019
  • 10 Oct 2020
  • 13 Jul 2019
  • 15 Jul 2020
Manufacturer Warranty1 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Release dateSept 2013Oct 2016July 2019May 2020