See the Best Turntables / Record Players in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by ALDI

Good for money

After seeing this in a op shop boxed new for $15 I thought I would take a chance as my Sony stylus was still in the post,I use a Demon Amplifier and used the two RCA connectors and plug it in,to my surprise I did not need to use my phono pre amplifier and the music sounded better than my vintage turntable I pay over $100 just for a stylus,no feed back and very clear to the point I am going to continue using it and a replacement stylus is under $15 at Jaycar Don’t knock it till you tried it.Not tried converting to MP3 but I did not get it for that.

Purchased in October 2020 at Aussie School Shop.

Deb
DebGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Waste of money if you really like your music

Arm will not move along track 2-3 cm from record label.
Needle is steel so, won’t play any really old 78s. I guess in this regard you get what you paid for, as they require diamond needles.
Stereo - left hand has intermittent bursts of sound
Sound - tinny

Date PurchasedDec 2017

don't know why I seem to be one of the few without any problems with the Fission turntable

Date PurchasedMay 2014

Sadly disappointing

The Aldi turntable looks great until you try to play a record. Then it skips over the record and timing is all wrong. After trying different speeds and adjusting it and trying a different album, it still sounds terrible. Going to return it immediately. Sadly you get what pay for.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Does what says on box

Have recorded onto PC all our old LP's, Singles & EP's without problems & I will then use Supra to split the tracks. So far no issues other than the website mentioned in the manual appears to be a web host site with no Tevion FAQ's or info!

Modsterman
ModstermanSydney, NSW

Amazing Piece of Art!!!

I have purchased several to convert my cassette tape music and albums and they have worked flawlessfly with USB and SD cards!

I have to convert my collection of old sermons now to place onto an MP3 DVD.

Old cassette tapes might squeal as wheels turn, but the squeal is not recorded onto MP3. Old tapes that are eroding also squeal - but that squeal is recorded.

Albums play and record very cleanly.

I was surprised how powerful cassette tapes recorded - usually you lose bass when converting from tape. The quality from purchased tapes is impressive!
It is rugged, attractive, solid and elegant.
I am recording so fast that I am falling behind on my burning!

Looks good.... but I could not turn it on !!

Can't give one, as I could not get it going.. It looks good, but doesn't sound like it's a great system, as it doesn't work. Could be a fuse ? Out of warranty, don't know if it's worth while fixing it. I'll try to open it and fix it, but wouldn't pay a Technician to do it.
Compact, and multi player ?
I wish, that I could use it, but it'll be out of Warranty, as I had it sitting on top the bookshelf for some time.

Upcoming Special Buys from the ALDI Catalogue

Reviews for what's in the ALDI catalogue this week.

Nathan S.2 July 2020
upcoming-special-buys-from-the-aldi-catalogue
Mimi76
Mimi76SYDNEY

Lots of background noise

Something about the design means it plays the other side of the record as well! It comes out faintly, sounding like radio noise in the background.I can't figure it out but suspect it has something to do with the little rubber bits next to the needle. I used it with Windows 7 and Audacity.

Defective

Would not recommend as an analog to digital audio converter

ciaman22
ciaman22AU

Absolute rubbish!!

Hellerup7
Hellerup7AU

A piece od crap

1/ it returned to base before the end of the record, something that cannot be fixed
2/ The needle scated across the face of the record after listening to a few records that I could not listen to the last track because of the automatic return to base before time
rang the number on the aldi brochure and they said it could not be fixed unfortunately it had been sitting in my cupboard for 13 months before use and therefore my warantee had expired
beware of what you buy from aldi make sure you put it through its paces before the warantee period is over

I'd rate it lower if I could

This usb is terrible, it corrupted all the data that was backed up onto it as soon as I copied it over, problem was I didn't realise till after I deleted the original content.

on further inspection my 8GB usb claims in one of the folders to contain 399GB of data.

when I created a new folder on the USB, it was immediately filled with about 100 subfolders all in varying symbols and squares.

upon further reading ALDI sems to have been sucked into the fake flash memory trap, most fission USB's tested only have 1GB of free space but when you attempt to put more than their limit all the files become corrupted

piece of rubbish, not worth the time it took to buy

Find out how ALDI Turntables compares to other Turntables / Record Players

Doesn't work with Mp4 video files.

After i transfer Mp4 video files onto the USB it won't work, even if i copy it out to my computer. Went to buy another one same thing happened. Dissapointing.!!!

carlaphoenix
carlaphoenix

Terrible

Good

Does away with need for a separate pre-amp. Accompanying software warns that the recording volume control may not operate under XP as it seems to be patched for Vista. My software insisted on maximum recording level under XP with consequent unacceptable distortion. However everything works well under Linux (Ubuntu 9.04).
Good value at the $69 price point.
Has 78 rpm option
Auto arm-return not responding on this machine