Almat (Aldi) Powder Concentrate

Almat (Aldi) Powder Concentrate

• Causes Irritation Yes (14) · No (1)
  • Smell

DO NOT BUY. NIGHTMARE FOR FOUR MONTHS

I’ve been itching from this product the itch is horrible it keeps me and my boyfriend up at night sometimes I’ve to stand outside in the cold when it gets really bad. Initially I thought I had scabies as it was red little bumps forming everywhere but I realised this all started around the time I started using this product on my clothes, bedsheets etc. Not worth saving the money please do not buy I’m still trying to get rid of the itch because I’ve only just found these other reviews proving I’m right.

Purchased in August 2020 at ALDI.

Liza B

Liza BSydney, NSW

Severe rash, so itchy & cannot stop scratching. Do not buy this powder.

My daughter’s rash started on her back & we thought it was a heat rash. My rash appeared all over my neck and arms & I initially thought it was something in the garden that had bitten me. After reading these reviews, we realised it was the powder. The itch is UNBEARABLE & I have never reacted to anything before. Please Aldi, read these reviews and alter your ingredients, not all these reviews can be wrong.

Purchased in September 2020.

DO NOT USE - RASHES ALL OVER BODY

Used this for a few weeks & my husbands skin was covered in a rash! Itchy, sore & red bumps all over his skin. Do not buy this!!! It is not worth saving money on cheap crap

Purchased in July 2020 at The Reject Shop for A$2.00.

Laundry Detergents

Find out how Almat (Aldi) Powder Concentrate compares to other Laundry Detergents

Sereen

SereenSydney, NSW

Itchy skin

Avoid this product. It gave me dermatitis and itchy skin for 4 months until I realised this was the reason. Once I stopped using it, my skin went back to normal in a couple of weeks

Purchased in March 2020 at ALDI.

Causes IrritationYes

It washes the clothes, Needs to be taken off the market.NOW

After 2 months of itching and over $200 worth of Doctors fees and meds.I just realised this almat laundry powder concentrate (tropical escape) has been the cause.Im taking it back and expect a refund. Caused a 2 month nightmare BEWARE.

Purchased in April 2020.

JanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Rashes on my chest and neck from using almat washing powder and liquid

I have used Aldi detergent for at least 9 years. In the last 12 months I have noticed I get rashes on my chest and neck. At first I thought it might be the sun or dry skin but I decided to try another brand of laundry powder and the rash was gone. Last week I thought I would try the liquid from Aldi. Same thing the rash is back so now I have a box of washing powder and a bottle of liquid I can’t use. Thought I would write a review after several friends mentioned a similar problem. Whatever you have changed you need to change back
. Aldi is usually great quality I’m disappointed And it’s a pain to hand to go to a different supermarket just to buy laundry powder.

Purchased in May 2020 at Toombul Aldi .

Causes IrritationYes

THE WORST EVER!!!! DO NOT BUY!!!

I have been trying to rip the skin off my body since using this product!!! I noticed this as everywhere my clothes rub on my body i developed a raw itching rash on top of my already bad skin condition, psoriasis I am seeing a skin specialist, spending big dough every week and this has put me back to before i started my treatment which saw me nearly clear of all psoriasis..... How can so many reactions be noticed yet product testing cleared this product for sale??

Purchased in March 2020 at ALDI for A$5.00.

Kel

KelSouthwest, VIC

Not for allergy sufferers

This washed mine & my husband’s clothes quite well HOWEVER Over the last 6 weeks I have broken out in the most horrendously itchy, dry & scaly rash. I have used this powder for a while but will never ever touch it again. Never had skin issues before this & I would not wish the pain, discomfort & unbearable constant need to scratch the rash (which has developed all over my torso & tops of my thighs) on ANYONE. Do not buy this product!

Purchased in January 2020 at ALDI.

Reviewer

ReviewerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Okay but ouch

I have never had sensitive skin. Whilst this powder washes well, I've suffered severe itching on my lower legs. I can only pin point it to this product as doctors cant determine. Seems like everyone is having the same problem.

Nathan C.

Nathan C.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Good plastic free packaging. Average wash.

Purchased in December 2019 at ALDI for A$10.00.

Causes IrritationNo
savran

savranGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible itching!

I dont have sensitive skin, I've never reacted to any detergents, softeners etc, but this washing powder was horrendous! Unfortunately it took six months of suffering with severe itching on my thighs /torso for me to realise it was the wash powder - it took this long because its never happened to me before. I happened to switch over to Surf powder and within a few washes I realised I hadn't been scratching myself to death every day. And it hasn't returned since!
While it does wash the clothes well - it's not worth this itching. What's in it if its making so many people itch?!

Purchased in January 2019 at ALDI.

Annettek1972

Annettek1972Sydney, NSW

Sever rash and itching

After changing to thus powder I have bad rash and itch over 70% of my body not good at all some skin types will not fair at all using this product

Purchased in September 2019 at ALDI.

Itchiness

Seems to clean really well but it’s made my family and I very itchy. We’ve recently swapped from another brand that we’ve used for years. We don’t have allergies normally.

Purchased at ALDI for A$12.00.

bbthefe

bbthefeSydney, NSW

Skin Allergy - Urticaria

I thought I had a reaction to some gardening and pruning of bamboo but after a few weeks we've realised that we are now using Almat - Aldi powder (for 3 weeks) and softeners and I have been badly affected.

Be warned it might not agree with your skin type. Generally I don't have problems but this has been severe and painful.

Purchased in June 2019 at ALDI for A$3.99.

Leanne Watrach-Lane

Leanne Watrach-LaneSouth East Queensland, QLD

HORRIBLE

The worst ever skin reaction to this product... Been through hell with a huge rash over both arms and body...
And cost me ALOT of money in Antihistamines and Ointment to try and get better...
Definitely DONT buy it

Purchased in April 2019.

Belinda

BelindaMaitland

Causing major itching - beware !

I have been using this product for years - great for stain removal but in the last month - it has causes a major skin itching - starts small and progressively goes all over body. Other family members now also affected - no stain removal
Is worth this ! They must have changed the composition - very angry.

Shell

ShellSydney Surrounds, NSW

Respiratory reaction to Aldi laundrey powder

I found that the smell from the powder contentrate unsettling, but the impact of washed bed linen on my breathing was worse - it produced coughing, wheezing and sufficiently serious discomfort to prevent me from sleeping on bed linen washed using the product. Lessening the amount used made no difference. I might add, we had no issue with the clleaning properties of the powder.

Meerkat

MeerkatGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Gets out dirt- just wish they have a fragrance free version

With prior detergents, I used to have to pretreat food, blood and pet stains. This detergent saves me that step. When I use this to wash my kitchen rag and sponges/scourers I can actually see the oil and dirt loosening, especially when I use hot water.
I don't like that it is highly perfumed. To deal with this I buy two boxes and let one air outside for a month before using. Unfortunately another downside I have experienced is the powder in the tray of my front loader crystalizes into a hard lump on contact with water. In my front loading machine, I have to take the extra step of sprinkling it directly over my clothes to counter this effect.

Paul

Paul

Almat Has Changed

Have been buying this product for years from Aldi after a TV comparison programme on washing powders. Almat came out tops in every area and, until recently, it has been very good, however, over the past few weeks I have noticed that it no longer fully dissolves and leaves a 'concrete' residue in the dispenser tray of our washing machine. Additionally, there has been no plastic scoop included in the box, which I thought may have accidently been left out during the packaging process, but not after several weeks. Complaints to Aldi checkout staff fall on deaf ears.

Box half empty

Love Aldi but getting washing power elsewhere, box half empty, not tried yet so can't comment beyond that. Feel very much ripped off, don't know how to post pics but it's a joke.