Altenzo Sports Comforter

• Dry Weather Handling
Rocky

RockyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Blown Tyres

Same fate....almost new tyres. Inner sidewalls pealing away and one tyre deflated. Thank goodness for run flats. Upon investigation, ALL tyres were falling apart on inner sidewalls. 15,000KM showing very little tread wear. Outer sidewalls fine!!
Avoid these tyres at all cost!!

Purchased in May 2018.

Durability
Dry Weather Handling
bigbrad

bigbrad

Terrible traction even in dry

Absolutely horrible traction in the dry, wheels spin if more than 20-30% acceleration ( 275/30/20) so if it looks like rain I drive my other car, to scared to try and drive in the wet. I have only done 2-3000 km and already showing signs of wear so in couple weeks I'll be buying new tyres, total waste of money

CarFg xr6t

Dangerous! inner belt snaps around 15000kms

Start off ok seem like a quite decent tyre then Inner belt snaps around 15000kms which causes wear you would expect from a car with very bad camber issues, tyre if not found will eventually snap on inner edge and deflate this has happened on 5 tyres bob Jane don’t want to know anything about it and will blame bad wheel alignment (even tho checked and fine and same issue front and rear).

Absolutely dangerous as I do mostly freeway driving to commute to work have had two flats and stuck on side of freeway. Buyer beware!

Car2006 VZ SS

ChrisMacDonnell, NT

DANGEROUS

First one tyre went out of round causing terrible vibrations. Second one exploded at speed nearly spinning me off the highway. Damaging the car in the process. I am so angry now, don't care about the tyres but the damage to my pride and joy. 1 star is too much

CarHSV Clubsport E3

275/40/20

Great value for money ,very quite and no road noise to speak of at all ,great all round Tyre would purchase again great in the wet and well designed .
Have done 30000 Klms on them so far and they are wearing very well ,they go perfect with SUV ,,great

CarHolden Captiva LTZ 2016
Jas

JasWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

pretty decent tyre

purchased these for my ba xr6t that replaced bridgstone my02.....must say there a massive improvement. espesially in the wet. i know theres much better tires out there but for the money there pretty decent. Plenty of grip in the dry too.... also seem to be wearing well..i would buy them again.

Carba xr6t sedan

Excellent Tires - Smooth and Quiet - Good Mileage

I have had the Altenzo's on my car now for 3 years and I'm almost at 60,000km. Still have decent amount of tread left on them and smooth and quiet. I recommend them for anyone looking for a high quality tire at a decent price.
I've had them on my Nissan Cube and they've been great.

CarNissan Cube
plugger

pluggerAU

Crap Tyres

I purchased 4 of these tyres from Bob Jane T Mart with a wheel and tyre package, I read some time back in late 2012 Altenzo say they have fixed the compound so they have better grip in the wet, too bad they haven't fixed the manufacturing process to make the things round. I have taken my sons car back 4 times to try and get rid of a shake from these tyres, 2 out of 6 tyres they have put on have been , by Bob Jane's own admission, not up to standard. I am getting them replaced for a different brand.

CarMitsubishi Lancer

Cheap and quiet

These are cheap tyres for commuting & shopping trolley duty. Pretty quiet for a 40 series, wear is very good. Rain driving is also fine. Did a long drive 1500km or so, roads were not great but no problem with tyre noise or grip. That said, these are probably not very good if you push them hard through the hills all the time.

CarFiesta

Find out how Altenzo Sports Comforter compares to other Passenger Tyres

Good quality and tread pattern for my BMW

I was having a hard time finding replacement tires for my BMW X5 21" Wheels. I came across Altenzo tires which I ended up getting as aftermarket replacements for the stock wheels. I've had them for about a year and so far so could. They're quiet and smooth I haven't had any real issues to report. For the price you can't go wrong.

Car2012 BMW X5 4.4L

Fell apart prior to 15,000km

Two of the four Altenzo tyres I purchased had fallen apart and put my family at risk within 1.5yrs of purchase. Another also needed to be replaced within the first year. Absolute rubbish, serious risk to any purchaser. I threw the remaining one away. Will NEVER purchase this brand again. Extremely dangerous.

Car2006 Nissan Wingroad

great in the wet

Just got new rims on my fg xr6t got 240rwkw and they hold very well in the wet got on the throttle hard and they wouldnt let go i was very surprised im yet to see how long they last but at the present moment very happy great in the dry and so far doing very well in the wet.im not too sure whats going on in the other reviews but it sounds like theyre driving way too quick in the wet or on oily roads because my tyres grip very well

Car2012 fg xr6t
Jacqueline

JacquelineSydney, NSW

If I could give them a Zero Rating I would.

3 months and 3000klms and the tyres tread is completely gone - the tyres are smooth all over. I have never seen anything like it and they are incredibly dangerous. Now we are going to have a battle with Bob Jane trying to get them exchanged for something else. Do not buy these if you value your life.

CarNissan Skyline

A Lot Better Than Expected

I've previously been using Achillies ATR 2's but I wasn't getting very much tire life or grip especially in the wet, then the sidewalls let go. I changed to the Altenzo's 255 30 20's and I was incredibly surprised, very good grip, great in the wet and well priced, 10,000 km's off them so far and no signs of problems. On certain roads road noise is a bit higher but this seems to be on new sections that aren't as smooth, that is the only real negative.

CarFord FG XR6

Great on a small car

I've got these tyres fitted on my Toyota Corolla since 2012 and they have served me very well (about to get them replaced now). They travelled 50k driving 50/50 suburbs & freeway and they still have appox 5k left in them. They have been very reliable even on the wet, never skit or spin out. If you drive a small car like a Corolla or a Cruze and dont drive aggressively these tyres will do the job.

HONEST JOE

HONEST JOESouth East Queensland, QLD

Ok, so far

I have only had these fitted recently so can't give too much info. They look the par when fitted and I have noticed that they leak air more then the previous (more expensive tyres). The old tyres used to loose aout 1.5 -2PSI per month and these once seem to lose between 4-5PSI /month. Other then that they "feel" ok in normal (grandpa style) driving. Apparently they are no good in the wet but I haven't tried that yet.
Final verdict still to come....

Klein

KleinNora Head, New South Wales

Worst Tyres in the wet

The most dangerous Tyres that I have ever driven on in the wet you have no control over them my car spins out even at very low speed I will say the are very good in dry weather but get the road wet and you have no control at all ....................... I have near 85% tread and getting them off the car they are not safe at all in the wet .....

Yellow Dog

Yellow DogAuckland

Outstandingly Good Tyres

I run 4 x new 205x55xR16 on a 1996 Mazda MX5. These tyres have transformed a semi dangerous old technology car into something quite special. I can corner hard and also stop quickly, both in the wet and also in the dry with assured confidence that these tyres will do a great job for me. I know there were compound issues with the early versions, however they seem to have got it just right now. The numbers on the tyre wall give the week and month of manufacture. Mine say 1313, which means the 13th week of 2013, being March 2013. Fantastic tyres at a fantastic price and highly recommended!
Great grip and stopping power in both wet and dry conditions.
No cons, these are great tyres.

245/30/20 on a BA XR8 Ute