AMP Superannuation

AMP Superannuation

See the Best Retail Funds in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Where are the negative stars?

Went through an ordeal trying to withdraw Super to put in SMSF. It’s been over two weeks and every time we think we’re there we are told we need to provide another document. Not happy at all

What difference has the Royal Commission made?

After finally transferring the meagre balance of my wife's AMP super balance to another fund, AMP couldn't help taking a fat slice of fees (13%) out for apparent insurance and MySuper membership. AMP has cost my wife money. Apart from drawing AMP's ineptitude and greed to the publics attention, what benefits have the Royal Commission brought to consumers? Hurry up and pass legislation on the RC recommendations Coalition. The whole Super industry needs a major shake-up to remove the pigs from the trough and deliver the Super to those it was intended for.

Income Protection

A really bad way to grow your super

I've been hit with 'lazy persons' tax and I'm angry about that but I never asked to signed up for life insurance, income insurance and classified as a smoker which I'm not. My super account with AMP was sub 100K and the result is that I've rolled-over less that I've contributed, nice one AMP!
Oh, also one of the worst performing funds over the last 10 years and we've basically been in a bull market the whole time... where are your money managers located - youtube?

CANNOT CONTACT AMP

After many attempts to call AMP about my superannuation with them, I've given up in disgust, they do not answer the phone and do not reply to messages left. I have transferred my super to Australia Super. Australian Super answered the phone within 30 seconds. Should have done it years ago. 33 years of paying their fees and never once had any advice or help. I hope the class actions have some success.

AMP JUST THE WORST COMPANY

How criminal can a company get before they get locked up. 2014 forced me to deal with a financial planner who charged $2500 for a financial plan that was useless to me. AMP gave no other option because they have gotten rid of their front of office. I wanted my super consolidated but as of 30 June 2019 wasn’t. Have to Yell at the poor staff to get anything done. Just the worst company. I have joined the class action against them and urge all others to join. Actively looking for another super fund.

AMP Just stole $574.53 from my super. Further to my review above, I rolled my super out of AMP into Australian super this month because of the poor relationship with AMP. The difference between the AMP balance on 15 July ($) and the amount sent to Australian Super was -$574.53 Let me ask the question – is that theft or is there a white collar term for that?

DO NOT SIGN UP WITH AMP

Inefficient, sloths, day light robbers, bad and poor customer service, slow response for urgent matters, horrible company to trust with your funds, they will find any excuse to not release your funds to other company, I've been dealing more than 3 months to get my funds transferred to another company, they find any excuse, even saying that I have change my name! I have never change my name! They dont know what they are doing, they have passed my case to more than 4 agents and no one is helping! Useless!

Call response time

Called twice and wait time for an operator was more than 20 minutes each time. Hung up on first call and tried again following day to wait again for more time. Not efficient at all.

waiting time

i am on the phone now have been waiting 1hr already no customer service got through to someone how asked if i was in the financial business (this is an excuse for making me wait )i have other business to attend to without wasting my time .finally got through to someone who has also put me on hold been waiting 90 minutes now finished my call and hope that they respond to what they say i wish i didnt have to give this any stars

Customer Service is beyond poor

The AMP Superannuation department is absolutely poor. Been on the phone for more than 40 minutes to get through. This is around 2:00pm in the afternoon. This is unacceptable for busy people.

The customer service is so bad almost no customer service

I signed up for the super (mandatory choice by employer) and I can't sign in. I tried calling and it ALWAYS says higher than usual calls and after 45 minutes waiting I got to talk with someone he said wait on the line so he can resolve it I was on hold for another 40 minutes and got disconnected. I tried email and I got an automatic reply for higher than usual emails! and still no reply after a week. After 20 days I haven't been able to resolve it.

Such Terrible Service!

If you have super with AMP and need to access it for emergency medical treatment, (approved from the ATO) ... be prepared for a very long wait and probably die in the meantime! They constantly lose submitted paperwork and try to cover their mistakes and put the blame on the fund holder! 20 phone calls - waiting for up to two hours online does not even make a difference!

Terrible Customer Service

AMP should improve how they handle customer service calls. Extremely long wait times and when my call was finally answered the person couldn't even answer my query, they just forwarded my call from one person to another with another long wait time! Dreadful and appalling. Wasted 60 minutes of my life.

Horrible customer service

Tried calling up the amp customer service hotline last week to ask whether my account would be affected by the new laws being implemented on July 1. Was put on hold, but I ended the call after 30 mins of waiting. Decided to email them instead of wasting my time waiting on the phone. It’s been a week since I emailed them and still no reply. Called them up again. Was put on hold for 41 mins so I decided to drop the call. Horrible, horrible, horrible customer service.

Appalling zero star rating

Trying to speak to someone on the phone because they got my documents wrong. On hold for 40minutes then they hung up on me! Furious to say the least. What a joke

AMP SAVER account disappointing

Not the super fund, but the Savings account advertised at 3% was changed without notice to 2.75%. Not only that, if I want to remove my money now, I am told I can't have the interest unless I leave it until their next payment day because I put the money in half way through the month. Can this be legal? As they only pay the interest on the end of the calendar month I'm keeping it there unless I want to forfeit the interest due it seems.

Huge Drop down from 3% promo rate 4 days after advertising on TV with NO NOTICE

CUSTOMERS BEWEAR! AMP ARE YOU SERIOUS? Dropping the 3% on the AMP saver down a whole .25% Just last week you were actively promoting on TV 3%. Open my account transfer my balance and literally the next day you reduce the rate by .25% without any notification to the customers.

Rabo is offering 3.05% and citybank is offering $2.9! How can you drop your 3% down soooooo much when other banks have gone up!

What a huge scam!

Bye bye closing ALL my family’s accounts.

I would seriously recommend not using AMP, the customer service was below average and setting up the account was not easy, gaining access to my funds is difficult.

And no branch access either

Trying to contact them

I am on the phone as we speak. Just wanted some info. On my super fund. It has been 47mins. And am still waiting. This is disgusting. They put the voice recording is still talking.

Worst company on this planet

I first came across AMP in 2003 - a representative came to our company to try to convince us to take up their pension fund. I was so unimpressed by the sales pitch that day that I have had a bad feeling about them ever since and feel sorry for anyone who invests with them. I asked the guy selling their services a question: out of the ten different investment options you have which do you recommend? Answer was that it was my responsibility to educate myself about it and take that risk. Basically the impression was that if I gave them my money and they lost it all - that would be my fault and they take no responsibility. This company employs scammers and the only wealth being generated is by them. Avoid. Avoid. Have never given them a cent and don't intend to.

Warning. Scam Alert.

On the phone for over an hour on multiple occasions to move to direct debit. They then try to still take over $6,000 from our account despite us having it in writing. Only then to be told they can't change it, or return the money it's a different dept and we will have to raise a complaint.
They did the same last year!!! Do not trust this awful company. Run away from these scammers

Appalling service

On the phone for over an hour on multiple occasions to roll funds into a SMSF. Do NOT trust this woeful company. Has taken three weeks and still hasn't been paid. The worst funds company ever. There is an excellent reason that at the time of writing this there are 143 one-star reviews.

Insurance Options

Hi does your company accept employees constribution was working part time have over 1000 in super that the company im with wont accept or allow

I took out a superanuation policy which included a death policy 35 year's ago i am now 65 and they informed me i am no longer insured for a death due to my age I cashed in my policy and was paid out exactly what I paid in, is there any way to make this company accountable as I believe AMP are crooks and the Government is backing them. Gerry
This was probably written somewhere in your initial policy (you can check if it was) so most likely NOHi Gerry. Rather than blame others why don't you actually look at what your policy states. Like most people who whinge like you, they simply can't be bothered getting off their bottoms and reading what is written in the product disclosure statement. It is so much easier saying that someone has done me wrong rather than look at your own ignorance.

would like feedback from anyone who has made a TPD claim , I have heard this is a AMP scam , and near impossible to claim
How about read what is covered for any TPD policy held in super. It is difficult to claim unless you meet the specific definition. You would be better off holding a policy that provides you better coverage. Do some research as all insurers have basically the same definitions.The question is referring to how many of these policies have been paid out inside the last 12 months or three years to give some sort of continuity to its real valueSince I’ve changed jobs AMP drop me out of their signature program and put me in a different superannuation program year to date I have had a 1% return on my investment and I am looking to move my super I am looking for the true value of the TPD insurance and the death insurance because I watched a current affair show where a man with two prosthetic limbs an arm and a leg was rejected his TPDyet he’s other two super funds paid it out