AMP Superannuation

Mia Y.

Super human

Super human

Service

5 stars only for the service, not the products or fees, it is poor performing at the moment, will take time for AMP to get back up again and become reputable.

Chris

ChrisPerth, WA

Did my research and AMP plus good Financial Planner works well

I have been with an excellent Financial Planner over 8yrs transferring to AMP from an Industry Fund. My super has grown in leaps, I love the advice, support and learning I get. Worth the fee.
Google Trinity Personal Wealth Nektar Karkotis who is in the top 20 advisors in Aust.

Chandra

ChandraVictoria

One of the worst

Do not go with this company for income protection, they are thugs!! My partner suffered a heart attack and after being with them for 20 + years he finds himself unable to work, they have been giving him the round around for 2 moths and lying to him as to when they will deposit what they think is what he should be getting NOT what he was paying to be covered for! Bloody thieves!!

Even a 1-star rating is generous

Absolutely disgusting service from AMP. I left Australia in January and have been trying to claim back the superannuation I am owed for the past 6 months. Sometimes I wait over a month before I receive any email response and this is only after multiple prompts to chase them. Each time I receive the minimum information required, almost as though they are trying to delay paying me back until I eventually get bored and give up. Shameful company.

Edward N.

Edward N.

Making everything complex for increasing their profits

Non-user-friendly website. If you try to cancel your AMP account or edit your TFN, they always ask you to call them or complete some complex forms. Imagine how much time and opportunity cost you are going to spend on this.

Its 2019, things like this should be done by simply clicking few buttons in few minutes. But well, thats the way they make money, hiding all beneficial information so they can charge you in the highest service fee, and spam you with countless useless advertisements.

Lizzy J.

Lizzy J.Hunter Region, NSW

4 years later and my partners death benefit is still not released.

My partner had his superannuation with AMP, and when died on 28 October 2015 he left it in his will that I was to be his beneficiary, but to this day, they are still stuffing around and have not released one cent of his death benefit. It takes weeks for them to return each email and there is nobody you can talk to who will help. This is a sickening way to deal with heart-broken loved ones.

If you are considering using or currently with AMP you seriously need to shop around

I was with AMP for 20 years in good faith. Discovered I could get Death, TPD and Income protection for half of what they were charging me (Yes, literally half) and with double the cover (Yes, literally double). I wanted to stay with them (Because who can be bothered changing), so i called them to see if they could do anything. Answer was straight up no.
I have rolled my super over to Australian Ethical Super ( On average returns are as good as AMP) and the fees are much less.
And I have taken out Insurance with MLC (which is paid from my Aus Ethical Super fund). Too easy!! Saving heaps of money.
I really hope people get wise to AMP. No wonder their brand is averywhere, they are rolling in peoples money.

Suzanne M.

Suzanne M.New South Wales

Where are the negative stars?

Went through an ordeal trying to withdraw Super to put in SMSF. It’s been over two weeks and every time we think we’re there we are told we need to provide another document. Not happy at all

Greg White

Greg WhiteGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

What difference has the Royal Commission made?

After finally transferring the meagre balance of my wife's AMP super balance to another fund, AMP couldn't help taking a fat slice of fees (13%) out for apparent insurance and MySuper membership. AMP has cost my wife money. Apart from drawing AMP's ineptitude and greed to the publics attention, what benefits have the Royal Commission brought to consumers? Hurry up and pass legislation on the RC recommendations Coalition. The whole Super industry needs a major shake-up to remove the pigs from the trough and deliver the Super to those it was intended for.

mr smsf

mr smsfPilbara, WA

A really bad way to grow your super

I've been hit with 'lazy persons' tax and I'm angry about that but I never asked to signed up for life insurance, income insurance and classified as a smoker which I'm not. My super account with AMP was sub 100K and the result is that I've rolled-over less that I've contributed, nice one AMP!
Oh, also one of the worst performing funds over the last 10 years and we've basically been in a bull market the whole time... where are your money managers located - youtube?

Rossco M.

Rossco M.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

CANNOT CONTACT AMP

After many attempts to call AMP about my superannuation with them, I've given up in disgust, they do not answer the phone and do not reply to messages left. I have transferred my super to Australia Super. Australian Super answered the phone within 30 seconds. Should have done it years ago. 33 years of paying their fees and never once had any advice or help. I hope the class actions have some success.

AMP JUST THE WORST COMPANY

How criminal can a company get before they get locked up. 2014 forced me to deal with a financial planner who charged $2500 for a financial plan that was useless to me. AMP gave no other option because they have gotten rid of their front of office. I wanted my super consolidated but as of 30 June 2019 wasn’t. Have to Yell at the poor staff to get anything done. Just the worst company. I have joined the class action against them and urge all others to join. Actively looking for another super fund.

JC NSW
JC NSW

DO NOT SIGN UP WITH AMP

Inefficient, sloths, day light robbers, bad and poor customer service, slow response for urgent matters, horrible company to trust with your funds, they will find any excuse to not release your funds to other company, I've been dealing more than 3 months to get my funds transferred to another company, they find any excuse, even saying that I have change my name! I have never change my name! They dont know what they are doing, they have passed my case to more than 4 agents and no one is helping! Useless!

J Court

J CourtSouth East Queensland, QLD

Call response time

Called twice and wait time for an operator was more than 20 minutes each time. Hung up on first call and tried again following day to wait again for more time. Not efficient at all.

Tony Pembroke

Tony PembrokeSouth East Queensland, QLD

waiting time

i am on the phone now have been waiting 1hr already no customer service got through to someone how asked if i was in the financial business (this is an excuse for making me wait )i have other business to attend to without wasting my time .finally got through to someone who has also put me on hold been waiting 90 minutes now finished my call and hope that they respond to what they say i wish i didnt have to give this any stars

Edocs

Edocs

Customer Service is beyond poor

The AMP Superannuation department is absolutely poor. Been on the phone for more than 40 minutes to get through. This is around 2:00pm in the afternoon. This is unacceptable for busy people.

Farid

Farid

The customer service is so bad almost no customer service

I signed up for the super (mandatory choice by employer) and I can't sign in. I tried calling and it ALWAYS says higher than usual calls and after 45 minutes waiting I got to talk with someone he said wait on the line so he can resolve it I was on hold for another 40 minutes and got disconnected. I tried email and I got an automatic reply for higher than usual emails! and still no reply after a week. After 20 days I haven't been able to resolve it.

Sharona E.

Sharona E.Perth, WA

Such Terrible Service!

If you have super with AMP and need to access it for emergency medical treatment, (approved from the ATO) ... be prepared for a very long wait and probably die in the meantime! They constantly lose submitted paperwork and try to cover their mistakes and put the blame on the fund holder! 20 phone calls - waiting for up to two hours online does not even make a difference!

jyjy

jyjyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible Customer Service

AMP should improve how they handle customer service calls. Extremely long wait times and when my call was finally answered the person couldn't even answer my query, they just forwarded my call from one person to another with another long wait time! Dreadful and appalling. Wasted 60 minutes of my life.