Clear night vision
Power cord is too short
Videos taken are too short
Unclear video in certain situations
Reviewer Photos & Videos
Works only until firmware update.
Worked well. Now a firmware upgrade wants to happen. Camera has shut down and upgrade won’t happen. Waste of money and effort. Typical Chinese garbage.
Go to a proper shop and get quality.
Purchased in August 2020 at Kmart for $100.00.
Cheap and stable security camera /w IR
Works well, connects to my google home for complex routines.
- Super cost effective at $33 a camera
- 1080i resolution with infrared/night vision
- Micro SD local storage option
- Micro USB powered
- GoPro form factor
Con's...- Cloud storage starts from $7pm per camera - No battery option/ solar power - slight latency on video play back - motion direction is a bit imited
Purchased in November 2020 at Kmart Online Store for $33.00.
Terrible and unreliable product...don't waste your money
Worked day one. Now fails to establish connections constantly and is totally unreliable. connects and drops out intermittently. Is well and truly close enough to router etc. It just a poor product apparently.
Purchased in November 2020 for $79.00.
It is worst ever
You can’t playback, constant reloading and constant fail to load, never experienced such awesome produce in my whole life. The waiting time to get connected and download is absolutely dreadful
Purchased in January 2020 for $99.00.
The reviewer stated that an incentive was offered for this review
Clear image but terrible battery life so far..
Good images both day and night but the charge has only lasted THREE DAYS before saying it needed to be charged. Dropped from 100% to 10% in THREE days.. going to try it again and see what happens
Purchased in August 2020 at Kmart Retail Stores for $99.00.
Anko Indoor wifi cameras
I have 3 indoor wifi cameras and since changing my router I can no longer get them to re pair with the app. I have removed all cameras from the app including doorbell and outdoor, which these two paired back fine. But the 3 indoor ones won’t, I’ve reset the cameras, everything, any idea what the issue could be please?
Purchased in July 2020.
It was so easy to install, great HD quality, very good night vision, never had any issues with the connection .
Can access it from anywhere.
Highly recommend it. In fact we were so pleased with it we got another 2 to cover the rest of the house.
Purchased in May 2020.
The camera is perfect for day use, however its awful for night use. I believe the infrared lights are causing issues on the image and is very unclear if the camera is too close to the base.
Decent for the price
This little cheap pocket rocket of the wifi cam world. It's pretty decent .. just be sure not to have reflective things near the object your watching so it doesn't cast a shadow when at night using the infrared.. lap shade are notorious for the glare. It does bug out like once ever 2 to 3 months just and quick on off fixes the issue. Picture is amazing during the day. And night is impressive for the price.. great for checking in on your kids at light so you don't wake them up.. you won't be reading words off a page but see what the kids are up ...to this is brilliant.. note the gears are noisy when you pan or tilt the camera, but not overbearing.. Needed extra - baby monitoring needs to be added please. Just something like screen wake up if the camera detects movements or sound .. otherwise I have to make long notifications for my phone so I wake up in the middle of the night .. would be great to not have to do this ..
Purchased in October 2019 at Kmart Retail Stores for $79.00.
Terrible compared to its cheaper counterpart!
Can not fault day time camera quality but night vision is very bad compared to the cheaper Anko camera. Very glarey & can’t see a thing! App is very laggy too
Purchased in November 2019 for $79.00.
It’s great !
We use these Mirabella Genio cameras all the time , we check on our doggies at home.
They have been very reliable and easy to use .
We have several around the home .
Purchased in September 2019 at Kmart.
Terribly slow to connect
Basically impossible to check on my phone, I tried 30 minutes to get connected. It is basically no use at all for security camera, it seems like a decoration on the wall.
Purchased in March 2020 for $99.00.
The reviewer stated that an incentive was offered for this review
Update : Tried it again a new firmware update much improved
I've left my previous review below. I decided to get another one and try it again because I love to be haunted by computer and IT based issues.. Same deal, but I narrowed it down to poor wifi range. If I was next to the router HD worked. Then all of a sudden a notification popped up for a firmware update. date 06/12/19.. I did the update, which was an updated wifi module and now it works in HD. So, the issue seems to be wifi range of the camera. It is improved with the firmware update, so at least now it works in HD with the camera around 20 fe...et from my wifi router. Frame rate could be better, but so far so good for the price. If it can work further from the router I will be impressed. Original review: The viewing angle is good, and setup worked easily, but it was stuck on SD. If I switched to HD there was no difference in quality, then eventually it just went to SD when you connected via the app and if you tried to switch to HD it just locked up. Also the videos recorded to the phone were only 640x360 regardless of the viewing setting. K-Mart gave instant refund. Shame, if it worked on HD and also saved videos in HD (as the ads claimed) I would have kept it.
You can't get the videos into a format to send to police
I purchases the wireless wifi indoor outdoor Anko camera from Kmart for $99. Two of them. All seemed well until I had to report a robbery to police and found that I cannot download the videos from the app and if I copy them from the SD card they are in an obscure DATA. file format that is not supported by any Windows media files. I can get it to play if I modify some VLC player settings but it looses valuable seconds at the beginning of the video and is accelerated so of no use for security purposes. DO NOT BUY THIS. It also only takes short vi...deos after motion detection and delays the start so mid robbery the video stops and you do not see the offender exit the scene as it takes too long to reactivate - the result - I only have the back of the offenders head!
Purchased in October 2019 at Kmart Online Store for $99.00.
Great product excellent pictures
This actually supprised me. The picture is in HD if you enable it, and easy to use pan, zoom record, alerts, only issue I had was to get into my home wifi and change it to 2.4g only.
Purchased in October 2019 at Kmart Online Store.
Questions & Answers
Frequently Asked Questions about Kmart Anko (Mirabella Genio) Wifi Security Camera
Why does it say ‘failed to add’ when trying to connect the security camera with a phone?
According to the Genio website, you can fix this problem by following these steps:
- Please check and ensure the device is powered on;
- Whether phone is connected via Wi-Fi;
- Whether the device is ready for configuration.
- If router is dual-band router, select 2.4G network and add device.
- Ensure you have a strong Wi-Fi signal and that the router is within reach.
- Check whether connected devices have reached the maximum number of router’s connections. If so, please try turning off Wi-Fi connection on some devices.
- Make sure the Wi-Fi password you type into the Mirabella Genio App is correct.
How do you connect two separate phones to the same camera?
You can add multiple users to the security camera – according to our users, up to three. Either log into the Genio app with the same login details on another phone, or you can set up a separate account for them by logging into your Genio app and doing the following:
- Tap on your Profile tab
- Tap on Home Management
- Tap on the group you would like to add a member to
- Tap on Add members and enter in their account details
How do you use the playback function?
For playback, you need to first insert the MicroSD card, as this is what records footage. After inserting this, go go to the app, then ‘Memory card settings’ and select either ‘non-stop record’ or ‘event record’ mode.
Where is the MicroSD Card slot?
Manoeuvre the camera so it’s completely facing downwards, and you should see the MicroSD card slot. For the doorbell, it’s in the same section as the battery slot.
How long does it take to charge this Anko Security Camera?
Up to 13 hours, as it’s advertised to be able to last for three to four months on a single charge. The light will be red while the device is charging, and should change to blue when charging is complete.
Latest Consumer Questions
How can I trim saved video footage from my phones gallery? And, how can I email this footage?
Is there anyway to stop the static noise over the playback?
Get an answer from our members
- The Kmart Anko (Mirabella Genio) Wifi Security Camera (also sold as the Full HD Wi-Fi Pan & Tilt Indoor Camera) is an indoor home security camera with a 1080p remote access live stream, letting you clearly see happenings around your home anywhere, anytime.
- Two-way audio between your smartphone and camera allows you to interact with people spotted by your camera.
- The surveillance system has a 130 degree wide viewing angle, and rotates 355 degrees, letting one camera do the work of several.
- It has night vision, so you can sleep easy knowing you’re being protected at all times.
- View recordings on smartphone or tablet using micro SD card
- You can control the pan and tilt of the camera via your smartphone, letting you follow the movement of anyone in and around your home.
- The camera’s motion detection alerts you to when there’s interesting activity.
- It is mains powered rather than battery operated, giving your camera a reliable source of electricity.
- The Anko Wifi Security Camera works with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa, giving your smart home the ultimate protection against intruders.
- It’s priced at $79.
Points of praise:
- Most reviewers said that the Kmart Anko Wifi Security Camera was easy to install.
- According to reviewers, the camera provides good detail at night.
- Reviewers disliked the length of the camera’s power cord, saying that it was too short to be convenient.
- Some reviewers said that the camera had an unreliable connection, saying that the cameras were prone to getting disconnected when you tried to access or save the video footage on your personal device.
- Reviewers said that there was glare in videos when cameras were pointed at areas with reflective surfaces, making it difficult to see what was going on.
- Some also noted that the videos the camera took after motion was detected was too short, and didn’t provide them with enough detail about what was happening.
Other Wireless Surveillance Systems
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.