Kmart Anko (Mirabella Genio) Wifi Security Camera

• Motion Detection
Gary

GaryBrisbane

It is worst ever

You can’t playback, constant reloading and constant fail to load, never experienced such awesome produce in my whole life. The waiting time to get connected and download is absolutely dreadful

Purchased in January 2020 for A$99.00.

Tahira G.

Tahira G.Perth, WA

Clear image but terrible battery life so far..

Good images both day and night but the charge has only lasted THREE DAYS before saying it needed to be charged. Dropped from 100% to 10% in THREE days.. going to try it again and see what happens

Purchased in August 2020 at Kmart Retail Stores for A$99.00.

Penny J.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Anko Indoor wifi cameras

I have 3 indoor wifi cameras and since changing my router I can no longer get them to re pair with the app. I have removed all cameras from the app including doorbell and outdoor, which these two paired back fine. But the 3 indoor ones won’t, I’ve reset the cameras, everything, any idea what the issue could be please?

Purchased in July 2020.

Wireless Surveillance Systems

Find out how Kmart Anko (Mirabella Genio) Wifi Security Camera compares to other Wireless Surveillance Systems

Great buy

It was so easy to install, great HD quality, very good night vision, never had any issues with the connection .
Can access it from anywhere.
Highly recommend it. In fact we were so pleased with it we got another 2 to cover the rest of the house.

Purchased in May 2020.

Chantelle C.

Chantelle C.Perth, WA

Not great...

The camera is perfect for day use, however its awful for night use. I believe the infrared lights are causing issues on the image and is very unclear if the camera is too close to the base.

Lambert. Mec

Lambert. MecSouth East Queensland, QLD

Decent for the price

Purchased in October 2019 at Kmart Retail Stores for A$79.00.

Customer27

Customer27Wollongong

Terrible compared to its cheaper counterpart!

Can not fault day time camera quality but night vision is very bad compared to the cheaper Anko camera. Very glarey & can’t see a thing! App is very laggy too

Purchased in November 2019 for A$79.00.

Joe L.

Joe L.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

It’s great !

We use these Mirabella Genio cameras all the time , we check on our doggies at home.
They have been very reliable and easy to use .
We have several around the home .

Purchased in September 2019 at Kmart.

Gary

GaryBrisbane

Terribly slow to connect

Basically impossible to check on my phone, I tried 30 minutes to get connected. It is basically no use at all for security camera, it seems like a decoration on the wall.

Purchased in March 2020 for A$99.00.

Andy E.

Andy E.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Update : Tried it again a new firmware update much improved

Sharla

SharlaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

You can't get the videos into a format to send to police

Purchased in October 2019 at Kmart Online Store for A$99.00.

jeremy

jeremyCentral, SA

Great product excellent pictures

This actually supprised me. The picture is in HD if you enable it, and easy to use pan, zoom record, alerts, only issue I had was to get into my home wifi and change it to 2.4g only.

Purchased in October 2019 at Kmart Online Store.

wen L.

wen L.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

good camera at reasonable price

1. connection, if you have dual-band router , you will need to turn of the 5ghz wifi , otherwise it will just give your time out error,
2. picture quality is ready good, and you can select SD or HD image quality
3. can share the cameras with family and friends by just adding their genio account

Purchased in April 2019 for A$79.00.

Melanie

Melanie

Trouble at every turn

Purchased in October 2019 at Kmart for A$99.00.

Peter S

Peter SCentral West, NSW

OK but needs work (Wi-Fi Full HD Video Doorbell with Chime)

I purchased the Wi-Fi Full HD Video Doorbell with Chime and the highlights are yes it's cheaper then the rest (RING Nest etc) the downside is the App needs to get into IFTT asap as this app does NOT talk to Google home.
On the hardware/Firmware side the PIR (Proximity alarm) is too sensitive, even on low people and cars get tripped and send alarms so you need to turn it off.
The night vision is good

Purchased in September 2019 at Kmart Retail Stores for A$99.00.

Kath G

Kath GSydney, NSW

So far im loving this purchase

I already have the smart lights by mirabela so this camera was easy to add . The picture quality is very good and easy to control on my phone . I have only had it for about 9 hours so in a few months I will update my review with the good and bad as i will be accessing it from a far

Purchased in September 2019 at Kmart for A$79.00.

camera.

Can only connect 1 phone per camera. Cord is short.
But for the price it is actually great, including night mode I was very surprised with the quality, not incredible, but decent for the price. I would probably buy again. Used to watch house and dog when not home.

Purchased in September 2019 at Kmart.

Reviewforyou
Reviewforyou

FYI - I purchased the base model, not the one in this picture.

Vicki H.

Vicki H.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Easy to set up, pleased with the system and at a great price

Purchased in July 2019.

Matt

MattPeel, WA

Low quality product: don't be fooled by it's price

Frequently Asked Questions about Kmart Anko (Mirabella Genio) Wifi Security Camera

Why does it say ‘failed to add’ when trying to connect the security camera with a phone?

According to the Genio website, you can fix this problem by following these steps:

• Please check and ensure the device is powered on;
  • Whether phone is connected via Wi-Fi;
  • Whether the device is ready for configuration.
  • If router is dual-band router, select 2.4G network and add device.
  • Ensure you have a strong Wi-Fi signal and that the router is within reach.
  • Check whether connected devices have reached the maximum number of router’s connections. If so, please try turning off Wi-Fi connection on some devices.
  • Make sure the Wi-Fi password you type into the Mirabella Genio App is correct.

How do you connect two separate phones to the same camera?

You can add multiple users to the security camera – according to our users, up to three. Either log into the Genio app with the same login details on another phone, or you can set up a separate account for them by logging into your Genio app and doing the following:

1. Tap on your Profile tab
  2. Tap on Home Management
  3. Tap on the group you would like to add a member to
  4. Tap on Add members and enter in their account details

How do you use the playback function?

For playback, you need to first insert the MicroSD card, as this is what records footage. After inserting this, go go to the app, then ‘Memory card settings’ and select either ‘non-stop record’ or ‘event record’ mode.

Where is the MicroSD Card slot?

Manoeuvre the camera so it’s completely facing downwards, and you should see the MicroSD card slot. For the doorbell, it’s in the same section as the battery slot.

How long does it take to charge this Anko Security Camera?

Up to 13 hours, as it’s advertised to be able to last for three to four months on a single charge. The light will be red while the device is charging, and should change to blue when charging is complete.

Latest Consumer Questions

Karen W.asked

Hi we just bought our outdoor powered camera from KMART and having issues with WIFI connection-has any one had this issue?If so what fixed it? Any help appreciated PS our modem is in our kitchen and the unit is by the front door-

Penny J.

It took a couple of goes for us to get our outdoor to connect to the wifi, we just had to have it close to the router while setting it up, after that we haven’t had any issues since.
The indoor cameras on the other hand, 3 of them, we got refunded all. After the initial set up, one day, one would drop off the wifi and dozens of attempts afterwards to get it to rejoin failed, including removing the device and reinstalling. This occurred over a few weeks until all 3 no longer were connected. We gave up. We now have Ring cameras. Though we still do have the outdoor Kmart one and no issues after about 4 months so far, touch wood.

Karen W.

In meters-approx how far is your modem from the unit?

julia393

julia393asked

I have no problem getting a connection between the E966 indoor camera and my Samsung phone. But I cannot get it to record continuously, even though I have ticked "non stop" recording under Storage Settings. Even when I manually hit the record button, it stops recording if I minimize the App on my phone!. I need it to record while using the phone for other uses. How can I get it to record continuously, I have a 128GB micro card, so there is plenty of room, and I have ticked for it to "Local Recording" so it should have no problems.

Elisha C.

Elisha C.asked

Hi, I'm just wondering how I charge the video door bell. Thanks

Talea T.
Talea T.

Charge it ? Get a solar panel
Or take it off and charge it when it’s flat.