Ansvar Insurance

Ansvar Insurance

Very disappointing

I rang to enquire about a very elderly friend's policy and was put through to a very aggressive claims department staff member who seemed annoyed we were confused about what my friend's policy covered. We were then put through to Allianz, Ansvar's underwriter and our treatment was again appalling. I looked over my friend's correspondence from Ansvar and noticed as for previous reviewers, her premiums had skyrocketed after Allianz took over. Not recommended under any circumstances.

Insurance claim madeNo

Excellent for charity/not for profit

Great insurance for charity. Special policies tailored for us.., as we are a little unusual, They were well priced against others and our broker is really happy with them too.

Insurance claim madeNo

a once excellent company underwritten by thieves

we were with ansvar for over 35 years in 3 countries. Held multiple policies. Ansvar was always responsive even though we only made probably 4 claims in that time. Then Allianz took over last year and WHAM. Policy costs trebled. Service went down. I managed to find alternative suitable cover for almost every place except one which was a more expensive property in a heritage area (many insurers only like nice suburban residential in new areas). This year the premium went up over 30%. No reason. All previous discounts were removed (except for the age one) and we have no choice but to pay. Called them. Long call with no outcome. Allianz gives Ansvar a commission but nothing passed on to customer. Disgusted they have simply rolled over. Our church also got slugged and, despite ansvar supposedly friendly to churches, following discussions the church council has got another insurance cover at half the cost for identical cover.

the change to allianz was a bad mistake and totally upsetting to loyal customers

Stay Away at All Costs!!

We were with Ansvar for over 7 years (home, contents, car). They happily took our money every year and then due to the Christchurch earthquake in NZ they have decided to pull out from out NZ market leaving us with no insurance. No other insurance companies are writing policies for christchurch currently due to the continuing aftershocks so as our now we have no earthquake cover.....
When it gets a bit tough they run for the hills.

After a big natural disaster you may find that it gets a bit toug hand they run away!

You can not be serious

I had my work vehicle broken into in my driveway so it was covered by the contents insurance with Ansvar. We have the top policy. I was cleaned out of most of my tools of trade , GPS , golf clubs. A lot of time and effort was put into getting original receipts , replacement receipts and a stat dec for those I couldn't. Late january they were all sent registered post to them.
Fast forward April 10 , [name removed] has only emailed me twice. The first time asking for copies of original receipts and replacement quotes? I emailed back , you have them ..dont you?. ...no reply.
13 emails , 6 calls to her then I get an email....'whats yr query?
I have had to purchase new tools so I can continue to trade. New GPS. All scanned and emailed to them

And I get ' whats yr query?
[name removed] is never at her desk to take my call and does not return emails.

You can not be serious Ansvar !!!

Insurance Company

ANSVAR Insurance just invited me to renew my House and Contents policy with them,
last year I paid $1835 but this wear they want $6,609. That’s a $4,774 increase. For a policy that covers even less. They must think we are completely stupid.
Upon contacting then to see if they had made a mistake, they mumbled something about it being the underwriters fault.
I have had no claims with this company so I fail to see how they justify their rates.

Price, lack of service

Can you rely on Ansvar. We though we could, We were terribly wrong

Been great to deal with for 10 or so years. An Earthquake in ch ch NZ changed everything Ansvar exited the NZ market leaving us with no insurance-- serious. No one else will take on new cover here our major asset, our home cant get insurance. We cant sell, raise a mortgage because we cant get any insurance cover no one can in ongoing natural disaster if your insurer cancels your cover and walks away.
With a natural disaster you need an insurance company you can be sure will be there for the long hall. Ansvar are not! We expected better- integrity counts!

unreliable

Terrible

after waiting a month for an assessor i submitted two quotes as requested - both were overlooked and the assessor made an offer that did not meet even the smallest part of the repair! after three months i an still waiting for ansvar to respond to my calls! my renewal has arrived and i am going with RACV as i will be with my second property - Never again!

never ever again - 4 weeks to send out an assessor - 3 months later and lots of phone calls and still no resolve!!!!!!!!!

I took up this insurance after they quoted me for my car and contents insurance, exactly what i was paying just for my contents. The real value is in the claim though right?

I had my parents dog chew the nose pads off my sunglasses and decided to make a claim. I filled in the online form and received an email back within 24 hours asking for proof of ownership, which was a photo of me wearing them prior to the chewing incident. I sent it to them the next day and within 48 hours the money was in my account. So fast, great service, none of the run-around you normally get and great price! Ansvar really is the answer (ad tagline :) )
Fast, efficient service and friendly staff. Price

Terrible

I has placed a special condition on my Home and Contents Insurance cover and paid extra to cover a CPAP Medical Machine which is a presciption to treat sleep apnea and Blood Presure. I have a Medical CPAP Machine that I needed special cover for. These machines are cost $1200 to buy. My medical CPAP machine burnt out recently and Ansvar only offered $250 to replace the machine. Buyer beware. Once these machines burn out they cannot be repaired plus I needed a replacement machine within 12 hours as per doctors recommendations. If buying extra cover for special items, these pricks will not honour their part of the contract. Seek other Insurance companies if requiring special Insurance.
Low Premium
Not forthcomming when it come to claims

Signed up for Ansvar Home Cover based on recommendation found in "Choice Magazine". It's products are on the highest ratings on CHOICE Home and Contents Insurance Report. Contacted the customer service through email, received a prompt and helpful reply to my queries. Could have quotation by email/phone but I went to the branch as I like to have face-to-face interaction. Explained what I wanted and the amount quoted was only a fraction of the amount quoted by previous insurance provider. Bottom line: cheaper and more comprehensive coverage than others.
Good value for money, comprehensive cover.
Nothing yet.