QBE Home and Contents Insurance

• 1-2 weeks (2)
    • 2-4 weeks (6)
    • 1-2 months (4)
    • 3+ months (11)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (8) · No (18)

Sue

Sue

I’m happy with QBE

Disgusting Company

QBE has to be the most disgusting insurance i have ever dealt with in my life. I DO NOT recommend them at all... Don't make the same mistake and DO NOT go through them. Disrespectful. Slow, rude, make you wait and have no consideration at all. I'm disgusted in their service and don't understand how they are still running a company. If i could not rate them a star i wouldn't.

JoM

JoMPerth, WA

Steer clear

9 weeks ago the WA bushfires burnt their way through our property. We are insured with Elders/QBE and whilst we didn’t loose our house we lost pretty much everything else. Dealing with Elders/ QBE has been like pulling teeth. 9 weeks on and we still don’t have access to safe water (declared by the UN as a basic human right) or even an offer to test our water, despite our neighbours being provided with temporary drinking water tanks for the past 2 months . Nothing but feet dragging and pushbacks from these guys. Our friends/neighbours with WIFI have have pretty much everything paid out no questions asked. Needless to say we will be switching insurers.

Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how QBE Home and Contents Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

paulbombers18

paulbombers18

Unprofessional

Made a claim for 2 fences that was serverly damaged by a freak storm.. Sections of the fence had the main posts snapped in half.. This insurer sent their builder out to inspect.. For him to say.. "" they are old any way.." then 2 1/2 weeks later i get the call to. Say the claim has been rejected. ... Hmmm.. but in the contract it says 10day response without fail.. And when i queried why the late response.. The claim officer said.. "" she was on holidays"" i just paid $ 3700 for my new fences .. Thats why we have insurance..??

Peter K

Peter KTaree, NSW 2430

I felt their incompetence in time. Also QBE owns Elders, which I had a small claim with, followed by a long & hard fight

fluckyfluck

fluckyfluckGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The best

Excellent fantastic perfect in every single way I couldn’t be happier thank you so much qbe you are the best insurance company after the covid crisis you were really there for me.

KiwiBigBoy

KiwiBigBoySydney, NSW

Avoid at all cost

We use QBE insurance through our strata insurance and had the unfortunate need to claim on a bathroom leak in late June 2020. It has been an unmitigated disaster since we have started this process with delays and excuses on why they won’t payout for this water damage.

From the start the claim was hampered when they didn’t assign an accessor. The case manager went missing in action and was unreachable by email, phone or txt.

We are now 6mths on and are now entering AFCA claims for mediation.

I would recommend staying well clear of QBE as this policy is not worth the paper it is written on.

The worst customer service team I have ever come across.

kazza

kazzaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

QBE House and Content Insurance Purchased through ANZ

Coverage TypeHome & Contents

Sam Burton

Sam BurtonMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

QBE insurance

Damaging winds where reported in my area the day before my ceiling collapsed but they are trying to blame poor maintenance and glue failure.
They have sent out 2 building companies and a lose adjuster
They cut of the Aircondining and lighting. It’s freezing cold and it’s been like it over 6 weeks.

Ray

RaySouth East Queensland, QLD

Smooth storm damage ceiling claim

The only claim we ever had on QBE was for water damaged ceiling 5 years ago. The claim was swiftly handled by about 5 different tradies over 3 days. Very happy.

Not worth it

Had landlord content insurance since 2012. Never made a claim. Lodged a claim on 15 May. Today is 16 June and QBE is yet to send a builder to assess the damage. I’m loosing money - coz the property is so bad, it’s unlivable. But I’m still paying my insurance. Does QBE care? No way! Customer service is appalling. Do not recommend QBE at all.

Stay Away!!!

Run away from this business

Diguzz

DiguzzPerth, WA

Really not happy

Did not receive renewal this year! Have been with them 18 years always paid! They tell me it was sent but it wasnt! Now trying to charge lot more. Not happy

Sean

SeanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

ANZ (QBE) Home and Contents up 20%

Rosie

RosieIllawarra, NSW

They use Sedgwick to commit fraud from customers

They use 3rd party Sedgwick to commit fraud on their behalf. Deliberately will deceive you. They do not focus on customer satisfaction. Take photos and create a portfolio of evidence.

KARL

KARLSouth East Queensland, QLD

Claim warning

After 30 years my first claim, a hail storm, rejected. NOTE its ANZ\QBE neither company should be in insurance. Out of five tin rooved houses on my side of the street thanks to QBE I'm the only one not getting a new roof, the advice I received from the insurer was to fix it myself and paint over the stains on the ceiling. Not only am I shafting the insurer but the bank who recommended them as they just fobbed me off when I asked for assistance. I seek comfort in the fact that both originations will loose more income from me moving forward than fixing the roof would have cost them. If I sold a product with no intent of honoring it I would be in jail.

Coverage TypeHome & Contents

KymPerth, WA

If I could give 0 I would

Pity cannot go below zero - terrible company

I had my storage insured with QBE to discover upon making a claim that they refused to pay despite photographs clearly indicating damage. From other reviews and ratings it is clear that I am not the only person to have experienced such lack of accountability, responsibility or customer care. Our recommendation - do not go with this company.