QBE Home and Contents Insurance

QBE Home and Contents Insurance

Pity cannot go below zero - terrible company

I had my storage insured with QBE to discover upon making a claim that they refused to pay despite photographs clearly indicating damage. From other reviews and ratings it is clear that I am not the only person to have experienced such lack of accountability, responsibility or customer care. Our recommendation - do not go with this company.

Property TypeCommercial
Claim DateSeptember 2019

Barry C

Barry CPerth, WA

Watch out - It is not what you signed up for with QBE.

I took out LANDLORD insurance with QBE only to find out when I had a claim that they had only sold me house hold insurance to make it cheaper than the opposition. So I made them go back to the recording of the conversation when I took it out, and sure enough it was to be LANDLORD insurance so they requested for me to pay the difference before they looked at the claim. Then they did not pay for malicious damage, due to hidden clause "Optional Benefits"

Claim DateJuly 2018

Not happy

Have been with this company for 5 years now. But after the first claim, realised that everything was hard and im leaving this company. It all started with water damage to the house and after multiple calls to them, they ensure me i can delay the repair as long as possible since i got the source fixed. We delayed because of the new baby arrival. After a few months, got an email saying we need to claim it within 6 months. All the phone calls before this became invalid. All false information provided from phone service. At the end, they said on page 50 of the contract it mentioned that all claim need to be done within 6 months and they 'assume' im aware of this when I enquiry over the phone.

Walter John

Walter JohnSouth East Queensland, QLD

They used to be a nice company. Not anymore.

Property TypeApartment/Unit
Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Bianca R.QBE

Franz

FranzGold Coast

Have gone to the dogs

There is no value in this insurance now,have been with these people since they took over my policy's from Zurich 24 years old who l miss greatly ,now l have only one left from seven and l will be cancelling today as they now have an overseas call centre who pass you to there supervisor if it gets to hard or it's not in there program ,and you never here from them again ,so one star is to good they do not rate ,they are that bad ,from a client of 30 years plus !!!!!!!!

Coverage TypeHome Only

Winx

WinxSouth East Queensland, QLD

Increased fees by 25 Percent since QBE took over ANZ!!

Be warned our ANZ Home Contents Insurance (Run by QBE) has increased by a whopping 25 percent this year alone! Ever since QBE took over ANZ Insurance they have gone downhill I read.
We cannot afford that sort of increase every year! We are pensioners,
I rang up and asked how they justify this increase instead of the usual 3 percent inflation rate?
Got the usual avoidance answer: "Each area increase is determined by claims etc!"
Why don't they then provide this proof by showing us their stats? NO WAY.
Anyway I even spoke to the supervisor, "sorry they cannot help reduce it".
Be warned 25 percent each year increase is a joke. What about the following year, 50 percent?
No wonder Insurance companies have a bad name.

Aizu

Aizu

Jacqueline what a service 11/10 service thank you

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateOctober 2019

Discussed

Discussed

Never let me down

All incidents are not a claim ,even if you think or want them to be there has to be an appature opening due to storm damage not just that water penetrated during a storm (bad building is too common a reason) normally a burst pipe is not however resulting damage is ,wind damage for most part is ,theft, malicious damage etc is covered with police report .they are a big reputable company and your genuine claim is not bigger than their reputation.i and my family have been with them forever, always helpful. I will say outside assessors can be the problem ,them qualifying there existence ,ask for in house assessor if not happy i say the company is great but every thing is not a claim

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Phil K

Phil KRichmond-Tweed, NSW

CLAIM, WHAT CLAIM

Went to claim in 2017 after nearby cyclonic high winds had caused water to leak in garage roof .....was refused the claim as apparently the builder in 1972 had failed to seal the flashing correctly, pleeeease! Despite the rejected claim it still appears on your renewal for four years as a claim????? After the initial policy the cost of the premium jumped ridiculously so time to shop around!

Coverage TypeHome Only
Georgie

GeorgieSouth East Queensland, QLD

change to underwriter policy regarding rewiring of home

Madz

MadzPerth, WA

They do not deserve even a single star!

Type of ClaimImpact at Home
Claim DateJuly 2019
QBEQBE

Hi Madz, we're sorry to hear about this experience. We will PM you to get some more details and take a look into this.

Cranky Alice

Cranky AliceHunter Region, NSW

Disgusting, be warned

My mother holds home insurance with QBE. She died recently and we are in the process of selling her property. In the interim I dont want the insurance to go into arrears as she paid monthly. I contacted QBE to attempt to make payments to prevent this. They initially refused to assist until I demanded to speak to a supervisor. She was little more help. Long story short, I have now complained to The Ombbudsman. This shouldn’t be so hard, people die every day. I’m not trying to steal from them, I want to GIVE them money. DO NOT insure with them. The amount of poor reviews tells the story.

Krystal

KrystalSydney Surrounds, NSW

Disgusting insurance company

• +1
Claim DateJuly 2019
QBEQBE

Hi Krystal, we're sorry to hear about the experience your grandparents have had. We will PM you for some more details and take a look into it

Tan

TanPerth, WA

They don’t deserve a star

I have been with them for 8 years. Never claimed on anything until recently where paint got on the floorboards - quote given for the whole house 2900. Did not get 1 cent. They are a disgusting business with awful customer service!! What a waist of money !!!

QBEQBE

Hi Tan, we're sorry to hear about this experience. If you're unhappy with the outcome of your claim, you can refer it to our Customer Care team here - https://www.qbe.com/au/about/governance/complaints

DO NOT USE THIS INSURER

I would not use this insurer, I had my block of apartments with them and a Tenant damaged one apartment. They said the apartment previously had a leak and then wouldn't cover any damage. Even with clear before and after reports.

Property TypeOther

Contents Insurance nightmare

I just need to make a simple claim. I am still on the phone waiting to speak to someone it has currently been over 1hour and 17 minutes on hold.

LS1Melbourne

PATHETIC AND BEWARE

Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid
QBEQBE

Hi LS1, we're sorry to hear about this experience. We will PM you for some details and look into this ~BLS

Jacqui

JacquiPerth, WA

Shocking Customer Servive

Having been a customer for more than 10 years I expected more from QBE. I recently moved house and changed my insurance provider as QBE were unable to meet my needs. I had paid up front for a full year and was due a refund for 8 months worth of premium I was told that this would be refunded onto my credit card. After 2 weeks I called to ask were my refund was and was told that it had not been processed properly and would now be sorted and go onto my credit card. 1 month later and still no refund! After threatening to give bad feedback I was called today to be told it had been sent out as a cheque to my old address!!! The incompetence and lack of communication is so unprofessional. Choose another insurance company.

Didn’t really like it

not really reliable as I have to call them three times for my policy, wanted to cancel my policy charged me $30 for admin fees. Not happy and didn’t find as they even care about the customers.

Vince

Vince

Poor Service

I took out ANZ home and contents insurance after glowing reviews from "Choice". This company uses a Philippines call centre who then refer you to a centralised contractor in another state who then gets a local in your state to quote on the repair. The process is far too long requiring the customer to keep following up. In the end I gave up and just obtained a pay out to go and arrange a repairer myself. ANZ is just and agent for QBE insurance and on the basis of my poor experience I recommend you look elsewhere.

Claim DateJanuary 2019
QBEQBE

Hi Vince, we're sorry to hear about this experience. We will PM you for some more details ~BLS

Prince S.

Prince S.asked

I have breakinn theff took most of the stuff. I just read all reviews I bit scared now . Will qbe accepted my cliam. If they don't what should need to do. Do I need to hire a solicitor. For my cliam.

QBEQBE

Hi Prince, as with all claims, you will need to submit a claim form with supporting documents for assessment and a determination will be made on your claim. You can find the claim form here - https://www.qbe.com/au/claims

Archrivalasked

Is there enough dissatisfaction with QBE and their tactics to present a complaint to ASIC

LS1

I’m told I was going to get a call to respond my claim but just like I expected no call and no follow up

Archrival

Product review have pulled my review of QBE and hidden it in elders insurance even though elders insurance are 80% owned by QBE and have refused to publish a new review in QBE insurance catagory . Pressure or fear ?

Shelly N.

Shelly N.asked

Just wondering if I go ahead and pay for my broken ducted air con system will I be able to claim...only spoke to a claims person today and I don't feel very confident about QBE after reading all the bad reviews...any information would be appreciated

Archrival

Rightfully so they are scammers

Get an answer from our members and QBE representatives