Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance

• 1-2 weeks (7)
    • 2-4 weeks (4)
    • 1-2 months (20)
    • 3+ months (29)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (30) · No (52)

Nadeeka G.
Nadeeka G.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very disappointed

Very disappointed with the claims department how they handle claims. Very difficult to approve a claim through this insurance company for homes and content . Please stay away from this service provider

Cam
CamSouth East Queensland, QLD

Horrible company do not use budget direct!!

Been with company for over ten years. Made a claim six months ago for storm damage,just got a refund for six months premiums after they canceled my policy. Total liars!!

Not so neato
Not so neatoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Sneaky and impossible to contact

Didn’t send a renewal notice for the new premium which was substantially higher than last year yet attempted to debut our credit card regardless. Fortunately it had expired and we were alerted by text. Tried to call and live chat but couldn’t get through. Ended up taking out insurance elsewhere and submitted a complaint and request to cancel our policy. So dodgy.

Ivan Millar
Ivan MillarPerth, WA

Terrible company and customer service

Received a rejection letter for another person in a different state!!! Had the persons full details and a full explanation of the rejected claim. I emailed Budget Direct about it weeks ago and have still not received a response. I also lodged a claim a few months back and they do their upmost to send as many "specialists" out to try and find some loophole that they can wriggle out of paying a claim out. They offer very cheap quotes, but that is exactly what you get. Cheap and unprofessional service. Avoid at all costs

Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

unreliable and slow, complete disregarded the health hazard

Purchased our home insurance from Budget Direct ...few weeks after moving in we had a pluming issue that caused flood and we ended up with wet walls and ceilings... it has been 10 days and mould is spreading ...both my husband and I are coughing and I am highly allergic to moulds and this company would not do anything!!! We would keep calling and no progress!They review process is taking for ever .... speaking to friends with similar experience and they insurer would deal with such hazardous issue within hours! We have been warned of structural damage as well but budget direct is taking its time! This is just terrible. Would write this review on them everywhere I could!

Jodi
JodiSydney, NSW

Money making Rort

Missed paying my premium by 12hrs. Waiting for my wage to clear. Called and they had cancelled my policy and when they did another policy they quoted me for the year before coverage amount and charged me $90 more. Going elsewhere.

Customer CareBudget DirectSend a private message

Such a bad company and bad service

Since 14th of March my content claim of washine machine of $900 still going, they asked for all requested documents, I have sent them but ever since I call them every week chase up. I get will get the consultant to call you, get manager to call you. They never do, I call them back week after. They excuse is we are so busy. Its just the matter of manager to check and ok it. You tell them its urgent, you on hardship this is adding more stress but basically they dont care about their customers at all. This is why they are so cheap because of dodgy customer service.

Super Funds Awards 2022!

super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
lcass
lcassPerth, WA

No customer service

Waited months for a response to my claim. Told it wasn't worth a claim and Budget would return the 500 dollar excess which they had held for 6 months. The dishonesty in stating they had tried to contact me. I had received endless marketing of pet insurance etcetera but no response to my phone call 2 months ago. Budget admitted they had made an error. The worst part is the endless process calls etcetera. Waiting on line an inappropriate length of time only to be told there is no one available. I will be cancelling my policy. The proof of a good insurance company is in the claims process.

Bob Warburton
Bob WarburtonMildura

Complete "Cluster"

Advised this lot that I was not going to renew my policy via phone and email and they still went ahead and charged my credit card the same day my new insurer charged it as well.Would be great if the people we deal with were located in Australia. The managers here are a result of the "Peter Principle". Outstanding incompetence at all levels.

SOOOO slow

I have been waiting 3 months for my claim (burst water pipe) to be looked at and repair work started. I have currently called the company many many times but still no resolution as they never call me. The company sent out a builder to start the job but I asked they not return as they were incompetent in my view. I have sent my quotes in months ago but still no answers. Staff are freindly but that does not fix my problem! How long is too long to get this resloved - Insurance companies need to resolve issues in a better time frame as this is just so frustrating and time consuming on everyones part!!!

Customer CareBudget DirectSend a private message

Incredible online management of insurance

The online portal and management of home insurance is so intuitive. I've never had any issues, I've moved house, changed policies, modified policies, received pro-rata refunds and it's just been a great experience. I've even used the chat features and had simple questions answered promptly. Well done budget. im a real customer for those reading.

Carl W.
Carl W.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Claim Not Going Well

JohnPerth, WA

Waiting waiting crap live chat

So much for live chat waited 15 mins online to talk to a rep, but that did give me time to google other companies. So When they wanted extra money even Though I was reducing my cover dropping landlord cover ,So my simple Inquiry ended up in a canceling oh and they hit you with a leaving fee 40 guess I’m not only one canceling, and that explains why they Advertise so much got get those canceling fees up.and remember they do automatically repay thats nearly impossible to stop .

Schultz
SchultzVictoria

Very good home contents

Policy set up very good not interest in reward just want the best policy checked others and budget came up trumps looked at 8 suppliers. Price was very competitive in market

Purchase experience with Budget Direct

Yes- it compared very closely to existing with similar inclusions ,etc.The policy we agreed to covered all our needs and was substantialy cheaper.Very were happy to change to Budget direct.

Sare B.
Sare B.asked

Are air conditioners covered

John Hesko
John Heskoasked

My contents insurance wat am I covert for

GAYE J.
GAYE J.

If with BD virtually nothing. They will deny all claims and stall for over 6 months and then you need to go to AFCA which are funded by the insurance industry so on their side. You are better to get insurance with a better company

Les T.
Les T.asked

Can you please answer Ann's question above from 7 months ago? I am a Budget customer and i to am curious as to the percentage of claims paid in full for a fire damaged home needing demolition!

Customer CareBudget DirectSend a private message

Good afternoon, thank you for taking the time to reach out. All of our legitimate claims have been paid out within the industry standard of 3 months. I hope you have a great day! *Cameron

Bond D.
Bond D.
See all Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and Budget Direct representatives

In addition to Home & Contents Insurance, you can also get Home Insurance, Contents Insurance, Landlord Insurance, and Renter’s Insurance.

What do reviewers think of Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance?

Reviews for the policy have mostly been positive, with the majority of reviews being 4or 5 stars. Among positive reviews, how easy it was to lodge an application online with Budget Direct was praised.

Reviewers also liked the patient and friendly customer service representatives who were there to answer all their questions and help them decide which limits they wanted. Those on this insurance also liked how they could opt out of things they didn’t need, such as flood insurance.

Some reviewers did mention that the claims process was lengthy, to both lodge and have a claim processed. There were also a few users who didn’t like the sharp increase in yearly premiums.

CategoryHome and Contents Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Car, Health, Home and Contents, Landlord, Life, Pet and Travel