Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance

Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance

Just what I needed

The policy was easy to set up and was good value. The person who talked me through it was great. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for insurance.

Property TypeApartment/Unit

Overpriced flood cover

My renewal notice recently arrived at an extra $1000 and they could not confirm why there was such an increase. I disabled flood cover online and the price dropped right down.
It’s ridiculous charging so much just for flood cover.

Finally organized

As I have two buildings on one title it was quite difficult to set up the policy. The first consultant didn’t do it correctly and I needed to speak to a second consultant after my policy arrived. Unfortunately the original quote wasn’t honoured and I had to pay extra. As a pensioner I was not impressed.

Great customer service

This policy was very simple to set up with the help of the customer service person, we were surprised at the cost of the policy compered to the previous policy

Great

Easy and quick to set up on internet
Policy had all the necessary requirements and covered all we needed
Felt we had good value so have changed from another company

Claim MadeNo

Great policy worth a look

Easy to set up and is great value the best on the market. Do yourself a favor and compare your policy with budget ditect they live up to their reputation

Claim MadeNo

Never ever take this insuarance just because it is cheap!

I am with budget direct home and car insurance since I bought them.
On Thursday night due to hail storm my house got severely damaged and that’s the first time I contacted them for any claim. They said they’d send someone to assess the situation and fix it on Friday as it is and emergency and water is constantly leaking through my roof! My ceiling is getting damaged as well. Then on Friday night I called them again about it as they didn’t send anyone, they confirmed again that they’d send someone on Saturday by the first half! Yet none came and I called them again now they are saying they will send someone to assess the situation ext week but won't fix it straight away and that will take time! What kind of service is that! They are constantly changing their commitment and not trying to address my emergency, whats the benefit of an insurance if it keeps you on hold when you need it the most. I will go with some other insurance even if I have to pay higher to get better service!

Coverage TypeHome Only
Claim MadeYes
Type of ClaimStorm and Rainwater
Claim ApprovedNo
Claim DateMarch 2019

Great value and easy to obtain quote

The insurance policy was great value, easy to obtain a quote through the online website and access to information and questions that I had regarding the policy. Would highly recommend budget direct for all the insurance needs

Good value.

Just joined budget direct and seems good value for house insurance needs will be looking into car insurance here in future. I went online for quotes and was surprised at the comparisons. The other company i am with and have had policies with for years were not as good a price as budget .

Coverage TypeHome Only
Property TypeDuplex
Claim MadeNo

Good value after shopping around
No I have not made a claim
First time with this company
Your requirement of at least 30 words is very hard for a new customer to do

Claim MadeNo

Their builder did poor repairs

We had 2 claims with them in 2015. They were repaired with mild to moderate hassles. But poor finishes were obvious from the beginning. Paint splashes left on floor, silicon not covering joins, skirts not gloss.
Then we found a pipe leak which our plumber attributed to their repairs. They never water proofed the laundry ( or gave us the option to) to bring to code as advertised at the time.
The roof was also insufficiently repaired causing water ingress and mould. Its been a year since we started formal complaints and it still isn’t resolved We are currently at the ombudsman.

Claim MadeYes
Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid and Storm and Rainwater
Claim Resolution Time3+ months

Fast and complete.

Policy is what we were after
Service was prompt and courteous
We have returned as we have been satisfied in the past.
Getting the right advice and coverage in deciding a coverage for us is important.

Claim MadeNo

Good price for the first year, then premiums jump massively

I think this company is trading on the hope that people are lazy. They rope you in, in the first year with cheap insurance and then increase the premium by 30% when time comes to renew - even if there are absolutely no changes to flood/fire risk, crime rate etc. While I'm sure a bunch of excuses will be trotted out, this seems to me like unethical practice.

Budget Direct: Pleasantly surprised with the price and service

I completed a request for a quote for building and contents insurance and was pleasantly surprised by the very reasonable quote. It will be interesting to see if the rental next year offers the same good value.
I rang to confirm a few things I wasn't sure of and again very pleasantly surprised by the helpfulness and knowledge of the person helping me.
Well done Budget Direct!

Claim MadeNo

Just what I need without paying a fortune

Really easy to do online.
I’ve had car insurance now for about 18 months and decided to do home contents too as I’d let my previous one lapse and as I’m happy with car insurance it was easy to have both in one place

Claim MadeNo

The process was simple and efficient

The policy is good value, easy to setup. I have not lodged a claim and hope that I never need to turn will be interested to know how efficient the process is.

Property TypeApartment/Unit

Terrible

I have just cancelled my contents insurance policy with Budget Direct as I am moving home. They charged me a $40 cancellation fee. An absolute rip off. What do they have to do whats costs $40. Beware if you are taking out a policy with them that you will be hit with a totally unreasonable charge if and when you end the policy.

Property TypeTownhouse

Best product for us

New customer
Easy set up
Great savings very competitive
Hope to continue to save $$$ over the coming years
Not sure what else I can add to make up thirty words
Thankyou Budget Direct

Brilliant Customer Service

Budget Direct seem to have humans and algorithms working in sync to deliver fast response, great service and Exceptional premiums. Thank you.
When all is said and done, I don't want rewards or high cost agent interaction. The policy application for Budget Direct is sweet and straightforward.

That’s why I shop at Woolies

I followed the Woolworths insurance link and ended up with Budget Directs webpage. Remembering the ads I decided to proceed with the quote and was happy with the better cover for 60% cost of my existing cover.

Claim MadeNo

Can you see the reviews of people who have made claims?

What is covered with my contents insurance after being robbed/brake & enter?
Don't even bother! My house got broken into on the 28th of December 2018 still have nothing even remotely close to my claim being finisned! I have 2 small kids and all tvs, christmas present electronics, secured safe cash etc was taken and they are just playing dodgey brothers right about now!

I just got my home and contents renewal and the premium has gone up by 40%. Has anyone else had this? I'm getting quotes from other companies as this can't be right.
Ours went up by 100% without any claims or an explanation from Budget. They operate on the basis that half their zpolicyholders won’t compare the Renewal Notice with last years. If you don’t cancel then they automatically renew by debiting your card. The Insurance Ombudsman should investigate them.

Similar listings