Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance

I’m very Happy with my policy

My policy was so easy to get and great value for money. I signed straight away.
Now I have my Car & Contents with Budget Direct & I’m very Happy with the savings I have made by changing to your company.

Property TypeVilla
Claim MadeNo

Much better process than previous insurer

Yes, very good value for money and easy to set up. Policy brief was clear and Easy to understand. This is my first year with the n n n company

Great value!

I have just taken out House and Contents insurance and saved more than $1000 on my previous policy. I have not had to make a claim ( and hopefully never have too) ,but my experience so far has been fabulous!

Easy to purchase

I just purchased contents insurance online. Great value and easy to purchase. First time with Budget and as yet have not lodged any claims so can’t comment on that process.

Great customer service

Easy to set up consultant was informative and very accommodating to my questions - I am happy to continue with Budget (name does not reflect service)
Follow-up confirmation received to my email soon after our discussion ended
Regards Effie Perry

Claim MadeNo

Contents purchased online seamlessly!

Good value contents insurance, good online process. I have two policies with Budget Direct. Seeing my policies in one place and being able to make changes quickly online is excellent.

Contents Insurance

My insurance was due for renewal. I was with the company who advertises how much individuals saved. I heard that if you make a claim, they are difficult. On seeing ads for Budget Direct with the Canstar wins, I checked and also found they were cheaper. It was easy to fill in the application.

Do Not Waste your Money on House and Contents Insurance

I tried legitimately to make 2 claims. Both declined. Each one declined through semantics and twisting the claims to be "not covered by the policy". The policy was over $1400 per year. Each claim I had cover for. The first claim for pool chlorinator was covered by fusion, but they ignored it for so long, made it complex and confusing asking for irrelevant information till I just paid for it as the pool was going green. They were useless and careless. the second claim caused by escaped water was declined due to their assessor saying NO without even inspecting. Expect to be declined, expect the assistant on the phone to have terse attitude, and they have no compassion. Their primary objective is DECLINE. I am disgusted and changing to a better brand, who is fair in accepting claims.

Claim MadeYes
Claim ApprovedNo

Home insurance & Contents without the Hassle

Easy to set up and easy to understand.
Included flood cover in the policy that was reasonable. Which gives Peace of mind.
Great Value and Hopefully a long term customer. Thankyou Budget Direct.

Claim MadeNo

Easy to apply, great pricing, good communication.

It was easy to use the website to apply for Home & Contents insurance, and their cost was excellent, compared to offers from other companies for comparable cover. Communications received were timely and easy to understand.

Claim MadeNo

Budget direct insurance is what I was looking for

For me Budget direct insurance for home and contents policy is easy to set up and have a good price for value and am glad that I can save some money for better value.

Claim MadeNo

Good price but you need to not charge extra to pay monthly it’s a rip off

You charge extra to pay monthly and not just a little amount it is $170 extra a year this is outrageous. Maybe charge what it actually costs which is less than $2 a month

Claim MadeNo

As simple as a insurance quote can get - and well priced when compared to other companies.

I wanted to amalgamate a couple
of policies into one, so went online as you do these days. It’s quite confusing but I found Budgets Directs relatively simple. I also found their price to be competitive too and I’m very happy with the decision I made.

Great price & Excellent service

Excellent value after comparing with numerous insurers. Very easy process and online setup. I would highly recommend to use them for home and contents, and their car insurance is great value also. Excellent Customer Service!

Good price & great service

Extremely easy, the operator was very helpful. I’ve never lodged a claim & this is the 2nd time I have signed up with Budget. A lot cheaper than other insurance companies.

Claim MadeNo

New Insurance for my home.

It was easy to do and very reasonable price. They were very helpful staff. I researched home and contents for a while before I chose Budget. My previous insurer was nearly twice the price.

Claim MadeNo

Easy and efficient. And a good price

This was such an easy process. After comparing prices with other insurers it was an easy decision as well. I was able to complete the process online and the process was completed in minutes.

Claim MadeNo

It was very easy to complete the application and got a very competitive price. Great service!

It was very easy to complete the application on their site and received a very competitive price. I would recommend to use them for your home and content insurance. Great service!

Property TypeTownhouse

Good price great service

Good value no claims Easy to set up. Only new to company and appreciated the advice given at the time. Happy to recommend to others based on my experience so far

Home and contents insurance

Purchased a new home and wanted Insurance cover and after reviewing found Budget offered value for money.
Haven't made any claims. Hope to never need to make a claim
First time insurance purchase

Claim MadeNo

If I were to take out home and contents insurance with Budgetdirect and then need to make a claim in the future. Will budgetdirect claims department and insurance investigators find every possible reason not to pay for my claim?
If your claim is genuine and it is clearly covered in your policy then there is no need to believe that you cannot be paid for the claim. If you have trouble with an Insurance Company then do not hesitate to contact the Insurance Ombudsman in your state. This usually makes the insurer more compliant.I’ve never had an issue making a claim with any insurer. Be prepared. Photograph your valuables and keep receipts etc so you can prove ownership and valuations and you shouldn’t ever have a problem.

I recently went on line and sought a H&C policy quote. We have had continuous policy cover for the past 20 years with a major competitor, but our current insurer is, for the third year running, seeking a 20% + increase in the annual premium. So I thought I would check around. I was bit shocked ta the end of the On-line process to be told Budget could not offer me any cover. I am now retired and have made a claim four years ago but no details were given for the "Inability" to offer cover. Is there a reason I am missing here?
Maybe you are in a 'supposed Flood area!!! Go online and get a quote with Suncorp (they actually cover you for flood). That's who I'm with now. Don't use QBE they are even worse.

Can you please review when a claim is made. Not when they happily take your money
i was reviewing them on the fact that their premiums have nearly doubled in a year. I'm sure that's relevant isn't it????????I think Joe is getting at all the people saying "5 stars for being so cheap!" When that provides absolutely zero feedback on whether they process claims, or just take your money and laugh when you actually need help...Spot on

CategoryHome and Contents Insurance
Contact Number 1800 700 027
24-Hour Phone Contact No
Online Live Chat No
Other Insurance Types Offered Car, Health, Home and Contents, Landlord, Life, Pet and Travel