Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance

Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance

Budget with Budget Direct

Good value and very easy to set up.
Very friendly consultant and I found her very easy to talk to.
This is my first policy with this company and it won't be the last.

Property TypeHouse

Easy peasy

Comparing Budget's price and scope of H&C cover with previous provider was a no brainer. Better cover - cheaper price. Easy online application. Hopefully we never need to make a claim.

Good
Coverage TypeHome & Contents
Property TypeHouse

Good value

Went and tried another company . They did not show any inclination to keep me as a customer so I returned to budget for a better deal and as I had with them in the past.

Very expensive

I did not buy a policy as most who have had claims have had severe problems with the company. Also very expensive - about $50 more than other companies, that is a month.

Quotes

I just did a check for home and contents insurance, and they 9$1890) came out double the quote as 2 others . I cant understand why some reviews say they are cheaper. I had the same experience with a car insurance quote. Any explanations from anyone.

Premium doubled

Three years with no claims and the renewal notice for our Home and Contents cover just arrived.
They debit your credit card automatically if you don’t cancel. Got the wife to compare with last year and the Premium has exactly doubled even though the amounts insured went up by less than 3%.
These people are dishonest and many customers will not realise how much their Premium has been increased even after the money has been debuted to their Account.
We renewed with RACQ Insurance where we have 3 other policies.
We saved over $1250!

Pathetic Service

Hopeless service...Its always you who have to contact them for claims. They will never call you and the amount of time you put into sorting out your claims will be worthless as they will deny what you say... Even the technicians they send don't even bother to look at your fridge and will write a report that it's normal wear and tear.. In that case you can't claim anything because they won't send the technicians again..
Waste of time. crap service.never will recommend budget direct to anyone.

This is great for what I needed - contents insurance

Only a month - just moved into a rental so only needed contents insurance at this time ... will look at life cover later if you do that

Insurance claim madeNo

This is perfect to scared to be without it

We have been with budget for years now and are very happy with the services provided by the budget team

Insurance claim madeNo

Covers all bases for what we were looking for!

Only been with the company for a short time, all going ok at this point. Took out the policy as it was value for money and had what we were looking for.

Best value

Just started with them. Compared their price with my previous insurance company and it was much better, even with the previous company showing loyalty discounts.

Budget Direct Home and Content Insurance

4 years- Read your fine print. We were not covered for water damage. They seem cheap and have an award for "Money Magazine insurer of the year " but in fact it is what they don't tell you. Increase price of $946.50 per year in premiums did not cover water damage in bathroom! They told us initally that we would receive a payout of $17000, then they rejected it under the classification of wear and tear. Consumer be mindful what you are paying for, read your fine print and ask questions. In hindsight they aren't value for money at all.

Insurance claim madeYes

I think 9 years in that time the service has been great budget is easy to deal with the call centre speak English easy to communicate with

Insurance claim madeYes

Competively priced product

Less than 1 month, since dec 19th, cant review any more as dont have anything else to say at this stage

New provider insurance

2 weeks ago. A bit early for a review. Also still waiting on my gift card with the purchase. At least is easy to sign up.

Just what wanted

Easy to see what the policy covered and any options I wanted and it was easy to apply online and all information was to my email

New insurance

New insurance cover for home and contents. Budget Direct offered competitive premium compared with previous insurer. Hope I made the right decision to switch

Great Customer Service

I had great customer service when calling to get a quote and purchase a policy for contents insurance approx 4 weeks ago.

Was what I required

Three weeks only with Budget. It offers what I require at a very competitive price. Look forward to a long relationship

Insurance claim madeNo

I’m a new customer and very happy with my policy, I would recommend budget direct to all my family and fre