Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance

Budget Direct Home & Contents Insurance

I am so glad I got a quote and more than halved my previous premium

It was very easy to get quote online 24 x 7. As I am in W.A. And I had not heard of this company before - I did some research and Money Magazine awards an reviews reassured me that this is a legitimate company with low premiums. I was given all the policy information in a simple English format and fully understood the cover and T&Cs.

Mike

MikeSydney Surrounds, NSW

Cheapest premium.

Purchased on highly competitive price and very good reputation of Budget Direct after checking comparison with other insurers and Budget Direct web site. My previous insurer had increased premium substantually and my saving was around $800 a year by changing to Budget Direct.

Ruby Fay Harris

Ruby Fay HarrisRichmond-Tweed, NSW

This insurance will suit me fine

I felt if was good value and very easy to set up now I have an insurance I can afford I have only been with this insurance company for a month or so

Easy Insurance

Renewed by insurance with Budget Direct as you are easy to deal with! I did look around but found you prices very competitive and thought the service is always better

Claim MadeNo

Not as good value as led to believe

My policy ended up more expensive than my previous insurer. If I had known this, I would not have moved from QBE. I am hoping my premium goes down in 2020 substantially or I will be going back to ABe

SueM

SueMGoulburn Valley, VIC

This is perfect

I have been with Budget Direct for many years for my car insurance have had 1 claim & it was fixed quickly! Now l also have contents insurance, easy to set up & very friendly & helpful

Coverage TypeContents Only

Madeleine

MadeleineMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very good value.

We used Budget Direct because it was much cheaper than SGIC. The assessment tool used to value our property was helpful and realistic. We are looking forward to a long relationship with Budget Direct. We have never made a claim in 50 years of home ownership, so feel we are now paying the right premium at last.

So easy

Great value and so easy to set up, giving lots of options throughout to add extras with your insurance plan. Made a saving of over $400 switching to budget direct.

John P

John PMurray Mallee, SA

Glad to become part of your family.

Signing was pain free and simple thanks to the helpful team at budget direct. Good plan at a great price. Hope to be here for the foreseeable future
Thank you budget direct.

Coverage TypeContents Only
Property TypeOther
Glen

GlenKilmore, Vic

Excellent offer on home & contents

Excellent value for product
First time with Budget
Excellent service great cover
We will recommend to others
We recommend you discuss options and apply on line to save on premium costs
Easy to deal with

Di McPherson

Di McPhersonSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Meets my needs

Budget insurance was very easy to set up and all of our needs were met and pricing was very reasonable and I dealt with a very professional sales person
Rang other insurance companies and they were unable to fit our insurance

Potsy

PotsyNortheast, VIC

Happy with policy

New customer I have never had a claim. The only person I spoke to was very helpful and made it easy to follow what I needed to know and also helped me set up payments

Rachael Taylor

Rachael TaylorCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Fast and very easy to follow when getting a policy online . Was the cheapest for what we need and one of the few big companies that would insure our area. Five star rating

Quick, easy and affordable

Policy was easy to set up online, affordable and the best value for money compared to other policies I investigated. Have used Budget Direct for another policy and had no problems.

Reasonable_user

Reasonable_userGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Affordable insurance

Insurance selected from the internet available information. I did review the T&C, but were written by specialised people....I gave up and purchased the insurance solely on cost grounds, knowing that somewhere there are exclusions that cancel the payment anyway. They are not charity. It was quick to pay and get over it! That's it.

Marius

Marius

Great policy

The policy met all my requirements for building cover at a competitive price. I have not needed to make a claim so after service on the policy has not tested.

Claim MadeNo

You wouldn't underinsured me would you

Easy operation and cost all good. With Such a high value item you should not need to worry that what you insure is actually covered by the insurer but you do

Great customer service!

Found the website very user friendly. I was able to apply and complete my purchase online. The product information was very good and easy to understand what cover I had purchased. This made it easy to compare my cover and quote with other providers. I couldnt find anyone who could provide the cover I needed for anywhere near the quote budget direct gave me.
Saved about $3,500 annually!

Very Competitive Policy!

Good Value Policy - easy to set-up Online!
Changed over from another insurer - due to this policy being a better product. Got more coverage for less money. Highly recommend this insurance company.

Blood Orange

Blood OrangeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Think you have home insurance but it's actually void

The only true value of an insurance policy is when you make a claim. There are lots of positive reviews here about this company, mainly based on the ease of getting a policy or the cost. The reality of Budget Direct is that the questions that you answer online are ambiguous and deceptive, potentially leaving you uninsured. Don't confuse ease of getting a policy with how a company will behave once you truly need them.

Claim MadeYes
Type of ClaimTheft and Vandalism/Malicious Damage
Claim ApprovedNo
Claim DateNovember 2019

Mark S

Mark Sasked

Hi Jimmy,

I'm both sorry and surprised to hear that your claim was rejected as described.

If I'm understanding your review correctly, Budget Direct has denied a claim for theft and vandalism based on your roof being of a different material to the one you declared? If so they are likely in violation of section 54 of the Insurance Contract Act.

In case you haven't already, you can have your claim reviewed by:
1) lodging a complaint with the insurer's internal dispute resolution service. If that fails -
2) escalate by complaining to the Australian Financial Complaints Authority.

It may also be worth getting legal advice.

Let us know how you get on.

User

Userasked

( From reading the comments on this site, I am concerned about going with Budget for House and Contents insurance which we pay annually - sounds like they just think they can draw on your account for the next years renewal cost. )
I am also awaiting your answer...

MONTROSE

Two days since my question was asked on the same subject.
Surely someone can give us some information re Budget Direct renewal procedures- particularly a representative from Budget Direct.

howard.grace

no they send out the renewal notice first which tells you your new price and the date it will be deducted

terry

Was talking to them on the phone few days ago and they do have a''auto renewal system '' which you can opt out of BUT MAKE SURE you ask for it if and when you purchase the insurance

MONTROSEasked

From reading the comments re renewals:
- do Budget Direct automatically try to charge your annual cost from your account?
- or do they send out renewal documents advising the new renewal prices and you then choose if you wish to renew?

howard.grace

no they give you a few weeks notice of your new premium being deducted and the price

Thanks for your reply.

This was the only major issue that we had with changing to Budget Direct and suspect this may be an issue if you pay monthly. As we pay annually we hope this will not happen without prior notification.

It was interesting to see that someone else had the same question. Hopefully, there will be confirmation on this site from Budget Direct regarding the renewal process.

terry

Hi i replied to someone else on this issue just a little while ago .Should help

Get an answer from our members and Budget Direct representatives