Youi Home and Contents

Youi Home and Contents

4.1 from 1,087 reviews

See the Best Home and Contents Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Jhonnie

JhonnieSydney, NSW

Great Service and great price

I recently moved my home and contents insurance to youi. They are brilliant to deal with and gave a great price on my policy. It got better when I moved my car insurance over too. They have one of the best ratings with customer reviews and having dealt with them I can see why.

youi well done

good value well explained very helpful and pleasant to speak to for a change seemed to helping and explained the policy clearly very happy be interested in his job well done to youi

Coverage TypeHome Only
GPB53

GPB53Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Look around it pays especially with Youi

Received my AAMI house and contents insurance and far from impressed, especially since we have been loyal customers for about 20 years. Our House and Contents insurance went UP 16.8% from last year with the justification that the factors like the number of claims they experienced, improved data and changes to the cost of running their business. I feel that AAMI must rethink their procedures and show loyal customer a little bit more respect. Perhaps their CEO could forgo his bonus and distribute that to the loyal customers.

Melissa

MelissaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

So happy with Youi

Helping Greek neighbors to find a better deal for home insurance. Youi were able to give a quote 100 less than current policy. My neighbours are so happy with Youi and with me for helping them find a new policy.

Ted

TedSydney Surrounds, NSW

I am impressed with Youi

I received a renewal from Coles Insurance that was a huge increase from last year , so I found myself talking to the rudest and most aggressive person in their Indian Call Centre I have struck in years. I have no experience with Youi, but decided I had nothing to lose. Catherine Zalai was a delight to deal with. I had the first landlord policy completed and saved $500. I have 2 other Landlord policies with Coles that will be replaced as they become due. Coles were unbelievably rude and obnoxious and having been treated decently by Youi I'm never going back. Catherine Zalia is the nicest person from an Insuance Company I have ever come accross and I am greatful to her.

RayHall

RayHallIllawarra, NSW

A great start for a new policy

It took a while on the phone to establish a new house and content policy, but the process was thorough. The rep, Cosmo, was very personable, making the experience almost enjoyable! I also saved quite a bit if money ... so a good outcome.

Jodi

JodiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best insurance company out there

recommend Youi to anyone they helped me out with my claim so friendly easy to get hold of thanks Karly saker from Youi lovely dealing with you ths jodi ross

Coverage TypeContents Only
Claim DateAugust 2019

George

GeorgeWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

New policy.

Easy setup with the guidance of the Youi rep over the phone.. Very helpful guy called Collen.. The premium is far more realistic than my previous insure ,Allianz, who just kept increasing my premium by significant amounts each year. I am about $340 a year better off for the same product.. Cheers..

Claim MadeNo

after being with one company for so long im sad i didn't come here sooner

great place to be, best value, saving a fortune. lots better than diamond status, absolute quality customer service, only new to youi been with other(aami) for 18 years (what a waste)

Helen AbbotBrisbane

Where do all the 5 stars come from

Avoid

I moved houses last week. When I updated Youi with my new address, they've told me there is no coverage for bush fire damage. So despite being with them for over 18 months, I'm currently uninsured for any fire damage. Very poor business. Will be cancelling the policy after the rep said they could "review" it. Avoid at all costs.

Property TypeApartment/Unit
Claim MadeNo

Wow .. talk about great value and service !!

My Youi lady was incredible. Outstanding service . And I saved almost $120 a month with my insurances combined. Definitely would recommend Youi. Credit to my Youi lady Michelle, I give you 5 stars.

Tianya

TianyaRoelands

Fantastic customer service

Recently moved, one quick and easy phone call and it was all changed over couldn't be happier customer service was brilliant, patient and polite answering all our questions staff are always knowledgeable and understanding

Coverage TypeContents Only

Don

DonSydney, NSW

Counting the claims results

I am not a Youi client but have considered being one. I did a count of the positive and negative comments of people who made claims. There were 35 positive and 51 negative ones.

Youi is now dead to me

Youi is now dead to meCentral Queensland, QLD

I got pressured into something I wanted to think about

I stated I wanted to speak to my husband about changing to youi and I said it several times, thank god for the 20 day cooling off period! After reading the PDS youi was not for us!

Joy H.

Joy H.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent saving

Only rang for a quote on house and contents insurance, ended up changing to Youi. I am still in shock, excellent and friendly customer service. Very happy customer definitely recommend

Raymondo L'Sticke.

Raymondo L'Sticke.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

The Successful Result of Tolerance.

I will only know how successful I have been if & when I ever make a claim. Until that point in time I can only rate Youi on its premiums, and related financial benefits. An annual "no claim bonus" could/would be a move towards fair play??
Ben did a great job, as the lengthy process on the phone was taking its toll and I was "suffering in silence", with reduced hearing, and insufficient time to waste unnecessarily. Thanks Ben for keeping me "on line", as it was close at times.
Ray.

YOUI awesome!!!!

Was quoted over $2000 a year for home and contents insurance from an competitor got it for $900 a year with YOUI!!! awesome and Ricky with amazing... good job! Thanks

Rebecca H

Rebecca HSouth East Queensland, QLD

Unfair rollover of Home and Contents Insurance after a marriage breakdown, policy now costing over double!

AJL

AJLSouth East Queensland, QLD

Burst water pipe – dodgy remediation – severe mould contamination – sick occupants - withholding compensation

Claim MadeYes
Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim ApprovedYes
Claim DateJune 2018

Fair Goasked

LATEST NEWS ! Youi NZ (mostly run from Australia) has been HAKA'd right out of NZ by the locals. In an interview with Youi NZ, Youi admitted they had been unable to recover from their criminal convictions against NZ customers. A forced sale to Tower Insurance is imminent. Would you agree this is the "ULIMATE HAKA" ?.

Janelle F.

Janelle F.asked

do you cover Bourke nsw 2840

Fair Go

You may want to consider another insurer since Youi is busy being investigated by the Royal Commission Inquiry for NOT PAYING CLAIMS. You be the judge. bye

Shirley G.

Shirley G.asked

need a quote for home and contents

Fair Go

You may want to consider another insurer since Youi is busy being investigated by the Royal Commission Inquiry for not paying claims. You be the judge. bye

Ned
Ned

Thank you for the warning.
This makes sense as to why all the reviews are "so wonderful" instead of reading about how customers faired after making a real claim.

Helen Abbot

Note. All 5 stars are from people getting a quote or buying insurance. All the 1 stars are from people who tried to claim

Get an answer from our members and Youi representatives