4.1 from 1,062 reviews

See the Best Home and Contents Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Would recommend youi

Liam was great he explained the policy to me in depth. It took awhile to go through the policy but was worth it. Answered all questions. Good value and was cheaper than most other insurers First time with youi.

Claim MadeNo

Slightly cheaper policy, but stingy service

For us, Youi's overall policy cost was a bit cheaper than the next major insurer.
But they had us on direct debit, and when I asked them to bill me instead, they say that direct debit was the only payment option they have. so I asked to cancel my policy 1 week early. They said ok, but instead of refunding me the 1 week unused portion, they have to charge me $13 cancellation fee! Stingy service at best - I have moved to a slightly more expensive provider, with better service!!

Youi, Mobile number beware

Before Youi give you a quote online for Home & Contents insurance, you must provide them with a mobile number. Which I did. I did not get an insurance policy. But I now get phone calls from them every now and then, which I hate. If you don't want SALES phone calls from an Insurance company best not to get a quote from Youi.

YOUI didn't disappoint

Based on their good reviews, I filled in their online form for home & contents insurance. Jason from YOUI rang me immediately and we spent a looong time going over the details of my house, garden and contents. BORING, but essential for getting accurate and appropriate cover. The price at the end was amazing - I saved over $1K on my RACV cover. Should have done it much sooner! Shout out to Jason who made the interview process as pleasant as it could be.

In love with Zane.

Easier than flying Apollo-13.
After spending 1hr and 32min talking about my least favourite subjects insurance I ended up reviewing 3 policies and changing all of them and saved $2600 over the year. Thank you eeeeeee.

They were excellent

Our house has been broken in to. It was a very traumatic time for us. We have found Youi to be super supportive from start to the end. They understood how traumatic this experience was for us and dealt with our claim in a professional sympathetic way. They always had the time to talk to us and make us feel better about the whole situation. Although the sentimental value of some items lost can never be replaced, Youi certainly made it a little more bearable. And to our surprise our premiums did not change when the renewal was due and only went up slightly as they do every year with cost of living going up. Can’t fault their services and response to our needs.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim ApprovedYes
Claim DateJuly 2019

Youi building insurance claim

Youi declined repairs on a 7 year old house’s bathroom area because apparently it doesn’t comply to standards. They are quick to give you cash and wipe their hands and say thanks for all you monthly premiums! Do not ever take out building insurance from YOUI because every time you want to process a claim the will compare the new building regulations with when your building was build and if it doesn’t match, then you can forget about getting your property/building fixed.

Type of ClaimImpact at Home and Vandalism/Malicious Damage
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks

A landlord insurance with no cover for damages caused by tenants.

Terrible service and claims experience. We have been paying for a landlord cover that doesn't cover for damages caused by tenants. What a waste of money and time. we have 7 policies with them and going to move all of it.

Claim MadeNo

Saved money but with some unclear incentives

The down side of Youi is that you have to talk to someone to get a quote however the sales rep I spoke to was very friendly. After being on the phone for 30+mins I thought they weren't going to come near my current Home and Contents quote from AAMI. To my surprise they beat it by $800. I also moved my car insurance from Woolworths which saved me $300. So far so very good.
I would have to say however that some of the incentives were not made clear: 15c a litre savings from selected Caltex servos - these turned out to be 5 servos all located in NSW! (I am in Vic) and free roadside assist: but when you read the policy the first 2 call outs are free then $150 after that, not that I'd probably use it more than 2 times a year.
So in summary I am very happy to have saved a significant amount in insurance but I do think they should describe the conditions of some of their incentives in more detail.

Claim MadeNo

Prompt, considerate and excellent value

I was very impressed with the service from the instant call back, to the careful risk assessment and the excellent value quote. My first experience of Youii ...will not be my last.

Claim MadeNo

Just a pleasure to work with

I have always had great service from Youi and so have my friends. I gave Youi a call when I wanted to insure our home and it was sorted quick-smart and got great value.

Claim MadeNo

Youi! The “CAN DO” insurer!!!

Youi has a can do attitude! Always trying too please. I am impressed with the no fuss approach to insurance. In addition to great policy’s, they explain everything clearly without the confusing jargon. The prices are competitive and only too happy to discount and reward you for your loyalty to them!
I would be happy to recommend this insurer for the above mentioned reasons. Thank you YOUI.

Claim MadeNo

Youi for you and Youi for me!

I have been with Youi for 6+ years. Following an incident, an assessor was here the next day. Our claim was handled efficiently, promptly and in total. Great service Youi!

Coverage TypeContents Only
Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid and Impact at Home
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim ApprovedYes
Claim DateMay 2018

Surprising Insurance Company Helpful and supportive in a time of need.

I never thought I would be rating an insurance company 5 stars but Youi deserves it. Unfortunately I have had a couple of major weather events that affected my home in Perth. 2011 a tornado/storm cell and in 2018 a lightning strike both devastated my home and were deemed not liveable. My first insurance was with CUNO /QBE and it was a 2 year horror story of pain and suffering fighting them all the way and the repairs were so poor I ended up replacing everything myself. in 2018 my house was hit by lightning twice the first blew the pumps which Youi paid for over the phone in 24 hours no questions asked. The second was more devastation it blew a hole in my roof started a fire and blew a hole in my concrete footing, all electrical, phones and wiring was damaged the Fire brigade said they have never seen such damaged before from lightning. I rang Youi and Stewart was onto it straight away he was at my home that day and started working for me. He was supportive and tried to help in anyway he could, I have a special needs child so accommodation was difficult to find and they told me they would pay for a 5 star hotel if needed. The whole process was fantastic. Even after a few problems with tradesmen Youi supported me and help me correct the errors. I feel safe knowing my house, car and contents is insured with them and would recommend them to anyone.

Property TypeOther
Type of ClaimExplosion, Fire, Lightning and Storm and Rainwater
Claim Resolution Time<1 week

Unhappy with Youi

After being a loyal customer for many years ( three policies ) I made a modest claim for escaping water ( internal leak that was unknown to me).On looking at my policy, escaping water was ticked as included. Very disappointing

Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim ApprovedNo
Claim DateAugust 2019

My first dealings with Youi. Thank you JJ very helpful

Both new policies taken out with the help and patience of JJ was just perfect for me. Good value, great service. I now look forward to a good relationship with Youi. Thank you.

Claim MadeNo

Finally insurance that listens and delivers

The customer service officer took the time to ask questions, listen and provide me with the insurance that I wanted. Good value for money and beat the other quotes by far.

Claim MadeNo

This was what I was looking for in insurance, thank you Nikita, you made the whole experience a pleasure.

I think the policy is very good value, The lady who I spoke to, Nikita, made everything easily understandable and adjusted the policy to my needs, I only wish I had made this phone call a long time ago

Fantastic customer service

Started a new home and contents policy with YOUI, I saved near a $100 compared to the next best quote I had received. Matt who helped me over the phone was courteous, patient and spent time with me until all was understood so thankyou.

Good Process and Customer Service

The only thing that stopped it being a 5 star rating was the lady spoke really fast all the way through so I felt under pressure to answer. I could understand mostly everything, hope they are not targeted on number of calls or call length time being short as time = comfort on making decisions.

Coverage TypeContents Only
Property TypeDuplex
Claim MadeNo

need a quote for home and contents
You may want to consider another insurer since Youi is busy being investigated by the Royal Commission Inquiry for not paying claims. You be the judge. bye

Has youi paid for these reviews? Call me a cynic but I have been looking at all the reviews on this site and the youi ones strike me as odd!! So many very well written eloquent reviews? Aussies on average are not this eloquent?? Lol... Why does basically every other insurance company have less than 2 stars? Also they're almost all brand new accounts signed up to just post a 5 star review for youi on this site?? Some dude that looks 60 signed up to product review, created a profile with a photo just to post a 5 star review about youi, after one phone call?? So many of their reviews specifically name the consultant they spoke to? The vast majority of these youi reviews are after one phone call? Not after actually claiming insurance, for all the other insurers people come here to leave a review after they made a claim! I smell a big fat rat! I am taking these ratings with a massive grain of salt.
I am 49 years old and have lots of different insurance companies but its not until you have to claim do you really understand how good or bad they are. Youi is incredible I stand by it after 4 different claims two over $40000 there were no questions asked and only support I know its hard to believe but they were the cheapest rate and best company. I have had claims rejected by SGIO, QBE and Cuno when it was obvisiouly I was in the right and then had to fight for the money all the way. I have never had to do that with Youi they are supportive and turn up within 24 hours of the report (if needed on big claims). I have never talked highly of an insurance company before and its when you loose your house and see how your company deal with it that you are extremely appreciative of their over the top support.PS the reason customers remember the Youi Staff names is because they are so friendly and helpful and ring regularly to check that you are OK if you loose your home.G'day, And here's what Youi wont tell you. Youi was fined for fake reviews on numerous websites. Youi is the only insurer in Australian history that has been and is still being investigated by the Royal Commission Inquiry in 2019 for NOT paying claims !. Youi is also under investigation by ASIC for various matters which includes deceptive sales conduct and defrauding customers. Youi has the following criminal record........15 charges and 15 convictions for fraud and deceptive conduct in 2016 and 2018. Youi's cover is NOT the same or similar to other insurers. Multiple exclusions and if you thought all those questions were, as Youi sais, "to get to know you better" are friendly, BEWARE, the call is recorded and anything you said will be used to deny your claim. Are Youi worth the risk ? NO, unless you are so wealthy that you really don't need insurance in the first place.

I am moving into a Lifestyle village. Can I get Contents only insurance to $20,000? Trish
I am not a youi consultant. I am a consumer. You will need to contact them direct.Hi Trish, cover is dependent on the profile as a whole. If you’d like to give it a shot, we’d be happy to provide you with a quote, please give us a call on 13 9684.If your contents value is low (around $30k), try AAMI as they have premiums as low as $15 per month. All subject to individual circumstances of course. Cheers.

CategoryHome and Contents Insurance