Youi Home and Contents

Youi Home and Contents

Outstanding customer service

Spoke to a representative from Youi today to organise building insurance, terrific customer service and a very good price as well. Took the maximum excess to keep the premium reasonable as I live in a low risk area for most events, Youi's price was better than other quotes for same coverage. Very pleased with this policy.

Coverage TypeHome Only
Claim MadeNo

Friendly, experienced advice. Easy to understand terms that were explained well. An overall pleasant experience. Would recommend to anyone looking to compare insurance companies. I loned up all our policies. Thanks Youi

Claim MadeNo

Such awesome, friendly service to sort a policy

I feel I got a great policy with Youi. I have recommended them to two friends already and the sales person, Michele Fry, was more than helpful and so friendly. It was actually nice to chat through all the information with her and figure out the best policy for me.

Claim MadeNo

Brilliant service ,saved a fortune, very happy

More coverage with our new policies for far less cost, have saved $1,400 on our home and 2 car policies a HUGE saving am very impressed with the extra coverage we now have, easy to set up, polite friendly staff excellent all round service.

Beyond Expectations

When a large hail storm struck our house it was with trepidation that I lodged my claim. In the past I had received disgraceful service from another insurance company (Budget Direct) and was expecting the same.
Although our insurance claim turned out to be over $100,000 in damage, Youi and their appointed builder LJ Builders were exceptional. Within hours of lodging our claim on the night of the storm, 6 trades people were crawling over our house making sure everything was safe and we were ok.
Within a relatively short time repair work commenced with the roof, walls, windows, electrician and the list goes on. At all times Glen Walker and Matt Daniels from Youi made us feel important and felt more like friends than insurance representatives.
Youi also never skimped and if there was ever a question if the storm or age caused the damage they always favored us and covered the cost. Youi even allowed us to make changes to our house such as where new lights would be installed, changed skylights etc. without fuss.
Overall, the full project has taken 4 months to complete with Christmas in that time, which I think is fantastic.
Well done to Youi, great service and communication.

Type of ClaimStorm and Rainwater
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateOctober 2018

Saved a lot of money

took out 2 new home and contents policies and saved $2500.00 on previous insurer. Very helpful and easy to talk to. I will be telling all my friends to make a call to Youi as you never know unless you ask.

Excellent and speedy service

A heavy storm damaged 2 of our air conditioners. Having my house and contents insurance with Youi, I made a claim. Within 3 working days my claim was accepted. I can't say thank you enough to Dean handling and accepting our case.

Type of ClaimLightning
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateMarch 2019

service is second to none...

great value... many years of great service and value... the focus on me is second to none...
so if there is anyone reading this i strongly suggest you to at the very least make a call because in my experience, you only have to gain...

Property TypeApartment/Unit

Comprehensive yet Affordable Quote

Home policy was excellent value. Dean helped us set up this policy and everything went very smoothly. It did take time, but Dean thought of things that we had not previously given any thought to. My husband and I were very pleased indeed and very appreciative of Dean's patient assistance.

almost 100% more then my current quote

I am insured with another Insurer and then came the renewal notice. Called youi just to check as all their ads on TV show that they saved X amount. Was blown away when youi's quote was almost $1000 more than what I was paying and double the excess. Never had such inflation in quotes before. Don't trust those ads anymore. Do your homework. Decided to stay with my current insurer.

Claim MadeNo
We’re not always the cheapest so I’m sorry we couldn’t win your business, Expose_thugs. The premium is based on risk, calculated on your answers to our questions. It’s not an exact science & it goes to show how differently us insurers make the calculation with such a variation, “Do your homework” is so very true. The premium can go the other way too so we can save some folks on their premium. I’m keen to dig deeper into your quote if you’re open to it? My direct line is 0731563531 & email jeremyb@youi.com. Thanks for your feedback & really pleased we got more stars for service – Jeremy

Fantastic service and good prices

Luke was helpful and comprehensive with advice and products. Only been using Youi for just over a year but reasonable pricing for good products but outstanding service. Bring on health insurance too.

Claim MadeNo

A wonderful service. Cannot recommend them highly enough

Let me first say that the lady who has been helping me with my claim has been nothing short of amazing. Her name is Carmen Motto and she has helped us through a really difficult time. Long story short, our sewer blocked and the water and faeces came up through the drain in the bathroom. We couldn't stop the flow so the water and faeces ran out into the house ruining carpets everywhere and making the whole house unsafe. We were able to get out a plumber to fix the problem temporarily and Carmen helped us out with our claim with such professionalism which helped to keep me calm. She organised the assessor/restorer to come out the same day who removed the affected carpet, dried the whole area and sprayed the whole house with antimicrobial spray. The building assessor was also organised who came out the next day to assess the damage to the building. I have a lung problem so she organised that we stay in a bed n breakfast for 2 nights and the building assessor recommended we stay away the full week. She was so lovely to us but there were other ladies involved one whose name is Phoebe who were also involved and a young man whose name is Jackson. Everyone involved were so kind and so professional and calm and it helped me to keep my head in a really bad situation. I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone at Youi who helped make this whole situation better than I would have expected given the terrible circumstances. Everyone was so friendly and helpful and I can not recommend Youi and their staff highly enough.
Thank you so much Carmen for your invaluable help and taking the pressure off.
Kindest regards and a bit hug and kiss from both my husband and myself.

Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateFebruary 2019

Thank you Monique - that was really great service!

After years of paying too much for an overpriced below average product it was definitely time to move! Our selection was based on selecting a short list of companies all with the highest consumer base and with the highest proportion of five star reviews compared to low one star reviews - Youi came out best on all counts.
Signing up was a breeze as Monique expertly took us through all the options, explaining how they worked and we very soon had a tailor made product that fits our needs exactly! Great service and a great product!

Claim MadeNo

Not the fastest quotation out there but worth the time to check it out

Having just transferred to Youi this is the start of the experience. After doing the research, they have a lot of positive points on the board. Good to be able to talk to a company consultant who is based in Australia. Getting to the bottom line does take some time so if you insist in instant gratification, maybe look elsewhere. The quote (with a few concessions) was most positive. Good experience to begin with.

Claim MadeNo

Brilliant service as always!

I have all my insurance with Youi. Best service of any insurance company with very competitive prices. Phone calls are answered promptly and you always speak to a real person. Highly recommended.

Coverage TypeHome Only
Claim MadeNo

Great price and easy to deal with definitely reccomend

Very friendly, very easy to set up and an excellent price. Have been with youi for over 2 years now and not looking at changing any time soon. Great work

Quality of service

Was good value and very easy to set up Philip was very helpful and went out of his way to answer the question we ask I give him a 10 out of 10

5 STAR Excellent Customer Service

This afternoon I had the pleasure of talking with Alicia and purchasing a new Home Contents Policy. Alicia was very friendly, engaging, extremely professional, articulate and knowledgable. She was able to answer all my questions and made the whole boring process absolutely painless. AND Alicia saved me money!
Thank you Alicia and Youi!

Great Value for money, so happy I made the switch

Rach from Brisbane was the friendliest consultant I’ve ever had with any company, more than happy to accomodate my schedule and answer my questions. Saved $410 on my contents, couldn’t be happier with Youi!

We saved $1,000 by going with Youi

The whole process was painless and very rewarding. Thank you Youi for saving us $1,000 annually on our new policy. The consultant was very professional and friendly. The information was clear and was reinforced by email.

Claim MadeNo

Hi I don't know if hail damaged my roof or the building last night and I made a claim so I can get an assessor to check for damage. If there is no damage, can I then cancel the claim?
I believe so but dont be afraid to ask them. With Youi I never thought they were trying to trick my and played it honest from start to finish. Good luck.Hi Esther, thanks for getting in touch. If there's no damage, you can request to have your claim withdrawn. Thanks Michelle.

I am a renter, have no contents insurance at this time. Planning a two month camping trip and want to cover my belongings from theft or damage. Laptop, camping fridge, tents, battery, solar panals, ipad , phones and heaps of other new expensive gear......am I barking up the wrong tree with you?
thanks for that, Youi won't insure us as we live in a flood zone. They simply said "no". Thanks thoughI’m sorry if we could not insure your contents at your home address Jodi! We use flood mapping from various sources & use them to assess the risk, sometimes there’s instances that cause the address to fit outside our underwriting guidelines. To answer your question, if we could have offered cover at your residential address, then you could have added an option for “Accidental Loss or Damage” to cover items when you’re away from home. I understand that this is now of little value unless you move to a different address where we’re able to provide you with cover. Thanks for your question & I’m happy to talk more & to check your address if you need to? My direct line is 0731563531 – Jeremy

Do you get a discount being a pensioner on home and contents insurance?
If your contents value is low (around $30k), try AAMI as they have premiums as low as $15 per month. All subject to individual circumstances of course. Cheers.No I am working full time and this was their price for me. I am based in Mt Evelyn, Victoria.Sadly we don’t offer any pensioner discounts Tess, however we do ask more questions to get to know you & your home better which can save you on your premiums. Cheers Josh

Similar listings