Youi Home and Contents

Youi Home and Contents

See the Best Home and Contents Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Youi

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (10)
    • 1-2 weeks (6)
    • 2-4 weeks (5)
    • 1-2 months (5)
    • 3+ months (7)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (24) · No (14)

Customer
Customer

Unhappy with the very long wait.

Rang them today about a renewal. The phone call took over half an hour to complete and was told by two people that it was Friday afternoon and they were busy and I had to expect to have a long wait. Very unhappy with the very long process as my time IS IMPORTANT. I will NOT be renewing next year.

Craig
CraigSydney, NSW

Outrageous quotation system

Misleading online quote system forces you to provide a mobile number which they then immediately call you on without giving you the quote price.

On the phone you are then inundated with personal questions (half of which you have already provided online) and then start diving for deeper personal info all completely unrelated to insuring a home and/or contents.

Based on how outrageous their prices end up being I can only assume Youi survives solely as a data mining company that will on-sell you information to 3rd parties.

My advice. Don't waste your time with them.

Cheap & Nasty Repairs

We had a damaged garage roller door replaced by YOUI insurance. The Sub- contractors were very unreliable, appointments we made by YOUI. Contractors either turned up late or not at all. When the Roller door was replaced, YOUI contractors replaced it with a cheap noisy Roller door. This was brought to the Sub-contractors attn. Who told us there was nothing he could do to fix it. The Ambrose (Youis Rep) inspected the Roller door and acknowledged that it was a cheap import and the skin was bouncing against the frame causing the noise when going up and down. Youi was Notified, they ignored our complaint and stop returning our calls.

Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how Youi Home and Contents compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

Jon
JonAustralia

ridiculous quoting system. Don't bother.

Coverage TypeHome & Contents

Home / contents

Great company to deal with but once they think they have you as a loyal customer no claims over 4 years renewal doubles In price found Sure Insurance same as youi original price

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

Ridiculously expensive

My recent claim experience with Shannons has lead me to be motivated to shop around.

I spent close to 40 minutes on the phone to obtain a quote to compare with my current Shannons policy - after 40 minutes I was told my premium would be close to $9000 per annum with a $500 excess. For comparison, Shannons is $1930 pa with $500 excess.

No matter how bad Shannons is, at least they're not unaffordable, Like Youi.

WGB
WGBGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Unbelievably expensive

I'm not sure what their insurance coverage is like as we never got that far, but we were seeking a cheaper home and contents quote. AAMI had just put ours up almost 20% to $2,300. Others were anything from $950 (Budget DIrect) to $1900 (Suncorp). Youii? $10,000 just for the home - we didn't even get to contents. Four bedroom, average home. MIND BOGGLING. Those ads with "real people" who have saved $$$ are clearly not real.

Gurinder
GurinderSydney, NSW

Very pleased to be a Youi customer

TRM
TRMSouth East Queensland, QLD

One star as I can't do no stars. Worthless.

House and content insurance. Next door neighbor had a house fire, our house was inundated with toxic smoke from the fire, Youi offered NO HELP as their policy does not cover smoke and soot damage. Fire insurance that does no cover smoke and soot, what a joke. "Well save you", pigs crap! They could have made a claim on the neighbors insurance anyway, at no cost to them. Absolute disgrace! Do not believe an of their PR crap! It's only about them saving their dollars, instead in helping you out!

Mitch M.
Mitch M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Online Quote Turns Into Endless Spam

Ocky
OckySydney, NSW

The advisor Holly Lynch was great

I spoke to Holly at length regarding changing our insurance to Youi. She was extremely thorough, professional and friendly.
Unfortunately we didn’t end up switching as our original policy was able to
match the coverage, but it was a pleasure to deal with Holly & I will def consider Youi next time.

Unfair Youi Claim
Unfair Youi ClaimSouth East Queensland, QLD

Storm Damage and collapsed Ceiling

Jay Z.
Jay Z.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

very bad customer service

Just got a phone call to discuss the quote today and the customer service lady called [Name Removed] was not happy when I refuse to provide residential address and she insists this is part of the process to get the quote and if I don't provide they won't give me a quote. I do not understand why you need my residential address as this is for my rental property and it has nothing to do with my home address. you can ask me all the details once I sign up with you but not to grab so much information from customers beforehand!!! she then hung up on me!! what a customer service!!. go elsewhere never use Youi.

TIM
TIMMid North Coast, NSW

Cannot get a quote without been harrassed

Water penetration and damp issue claim

Read more reviews - page 2