Youi Home and Contents

Youi Home and Contents

4.1 from 1,005 reviews

You insurance great premiums

We were looking for a new insurance company for our house contents and car insurance. Youi were so helpful and after asking for a quote on there website, an agent called us within minutes. He went through what we needed and gave us a combined quote for both, which is saving us over $250 a year in premiums.
Helpful and very friendly staff.

Coverage TypeContents Only

Save $$$

Clear speaking .. easy to understand information provided ..answered all my questions in detail.. great fun conversation which is great when you are doing something so mundane.. most of all saved $$$ money back in my pocket..

Coverage TypeContents Only
Property TypeDuplex

Rip off

Quoted 4 time more then other insurances.
Same home and contents amounts etc.
Do people actually insure with you lot??
How can you justify charging 400% more then other competitors

It's called stealing

YOUI Quoted $6600, almost 10 times other insurance quotes for home and Contents

I rang last week to get a quote from YOUI. (I provided exactly the same information with them as with all companies I was obtaining quotes from including my claim for camera and lens on an extra content policy as expensive and not covered on contents because of this)

I live rurally in Tasmania insurance for house and contents under $500,000. The quote was $6600 I was shocked I checked it three times with the YOUI rep on the other end of the phone. Three other companies AAMI RACT NRMA all gave me quotes for around $900.
I was not required to give my credit card information to any of the other three to 'receive my quote, nor do I have to 'cancel the quote" within 30 days or face the risk of having the money direct debited from my credit card if I had forgotten to cancel the quote.
I have since tried very hard to find reviews of what actually YOUI are like to deal with for a claim. Very hard to find anything. Lots of happy reviews of the process of getting a YOUI policy. IF anyone can possibly tell me what the extra $5700 difference YOUI quoted me for I would love to hear. I obviously do not fit the algorithm that YOUI use to give a reasonable quote or perhaps do not fit their demographics. What ever you do if you contact YOUI PLEASE make sure you get several more quotes to you may be surprised.

Big Savings

Our previous providor's total premium had jumped by 67.5% so by switching to Youi we have saved approx $900 on our home and contents insurance. It was quick and easy to switch.

Awesome service from Luke Sheehy & the Youi Team

The time for renewal of my home & contents insurance is drawing close. My premium has been rising quite a bit so asked an old mate who is in the insurance business what he suggested. He said "Call Youi".
I completed an online application & was immediately contacted by a really good guy named Luke Sheehy. Luke was incredibly patient and enormously helpful & we spoke for a very long time going through my needs for home & contents insurance. He was able to provide a quote which knocked my present coverage out of the ballpark.
Exceptional service. I will be recommending Youi to all of my friends.
I must say a heartfelt "Thanks" to Luke for his awesome assistance. He also sweetened the deal with car insurance.

Claim MadeNo

great service, talked with a real person in Australia

Today I called youi to see whether there were cheaper premiums for our two car policies and a home/contents policy. We have been with them for a number of years, never made a claim on any policy, yet the premiums seem to increase slowly over the years. After a ten minute phone conversation we had saved $210, so I am very happy with the outcome. I have always found them to be efficient and helpful.

Claim MadeNo

I did spend a long time on the phone but it was totally worth the $706 saving! I also realised that I wasn't covered well enough on my old policy so by swapping insurance companies Youi made me aware of what I should have. Thanks a million!

Awesome Service EVERYTIME!

Just about to Move House and took out another policy, Have been with YOUI for over 5 years, and have never had an issue, their prices are competitive, and their service is outstanding.

Claim MadeYes
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim ApprovedYes

A nightmare to deal with

I had four (no.) policies with Youi. Unexpectedly they advised my home and contents policy was not renewable because I live in a flood zone. Some what surprised given I live 70m above sea level and on the coast, I investigated this my local council who confirmed I wasn’t in a flood zone.
I issued Youi the council flood plan drawings which clearly illustrated my house was not in a flood zone. Youi acknowledged the mistake and invited me to reapply for insurance except this time the policy was considerably more expensive. I instead went to AAMI.

To conclude, a year later I went back to Youi for a quote in the hope they’d come to their senses. Instead they advised I lived in a flood zone and I couldn’t be insured!
I’ve since cancelled my other three policies with Youi. If they’re this difficult in obtaining an insurance policy I’d hate to try and make a claim! Fortunately, the insurance market is too competitive to put up with such ridiculous behaviour.

home and contents insurance satisfaction

I am purchasing a property and just bought a building and contents insurance from Youi and very happy with the price and inclusion.
It was easily set up and the young lady was very informative.

Claim MadeNo

Staff and phone service at YOUI is first rate but delivery of policy updates is disastrous.

As per above the service from staff and value are first class and we have moved several policies across. However the email updates on policy changes and new policies are a complete failure. Every email sent to me over the last five years has failed to contain an attachment (over 20 such emails). l have spoken to YOUI IT who say it may be a Bigpond problem. I solve this by insisting that YOUI staff send me such confirmations on their private emails

Claim MadeNo

Great service at a great price!

Of course it was great value, as my previous insurer was ripping me off with a 20% increase this year!
My policy was easy to set up. I have been with Youi for about 7 years now with 4 policies.

Claim MadeNo

Big save on home & content insurance

Got the best value for my money.. saved around $450 annually with youi. Very informative and spot on. Got what i was looking for and guys on phone were very helpful ans patient..

Lovely LARA on Sunshine Coast

LARA was “A W E S O M E”. Definitely will be our “GO TO INSURANCE GIRL” from now on. We are returning clients and hope our renewed association is a happy one. Off to a good start with Miss Lara.

Claim MadeNo
Please please note that the policy organised today was for car insurance. Not home and contents.

Beware..They Don't care About Small Customers

They were all good with our H&C until we made a claim last year, then sent us an email today saying that they won't renew our policy due to 3 late payments. Fair enough....but it's funny that the payments were actually made, but due to them being direct debited, the funds were there a day or two late. We've been with YOUI for many years, so after their email today, I called them to ask if we can pay for an annual policy instead of monthly installments, but they refused, knowing that it would jeopardize us getting a policy elsewhere. We have car insurance with them also, which we'll be moving elsewhere. I understand that it's our fault, but seriously, after many years of loyalty to them and not actually missing payment, but instead, paying a day or two late, and then offering to pay annually, they just don't care. We've gone with Allianz, who gladly took us on. They cost a little more, but at least they seem to care thus far.

I would not recommend YOUI as they will gladly take your money then rid you after they've had to pay out for a claim. They'll make any excuse to do so.

Very easy

Getting a new policy and checking on an older one was so easy and very friendly, I needed another sort of policy which they don’t have at the moment but were willing to help find one , how good is that.

Amazing service

I saved over $600 by switching to Youi today. Marc Dreyer was amazing and went above and beyond to help me out. I loved that I wasn’t pushed into anything. Fantastic service

Incredible Savings

My home building and contents insurance was excellent value. Extremely easy to set up. Great customer service. Staff were excellent communicators. They exercised competent speaking and listening skills. Would recommend Youi to everyone.

great value for money

I saved a couple of hundred of dollars which in this day and age is alot! Very professional. Great follow up and efficient service. This is my first time but I would use them again and from now on

Claim MadeNo

I am moving into a Lifestyle village. Can I get Contents only insurance to $20,000? Trish
I am not a youi consultant. I am a consumer. You will need to contact them direct.Hi Trish, cover is dependent on the profile as a whole. If you’d like to give it a shot, we’d be happy to provide you with a quote, please give us a call on 13 9684.If your contents value is low (around $30k), try AAMI as they have premiums as low as $15 per month. All subject to individual circumstances of course. Cheers.

I live in Maribyrnong. My building has provided parking of cyclists in front of building. My bicycle is Trek Powerfly 5 and is valued at AUD 3700. If I take content insurance as a renter, will bicycle theft be included in the value or do I need to take separate insurance for the bicycle?
I am not a Youi advisor or employee - please contact the insurance companyHi Chirag, there’s optional covers that may assist however for a more personalised response please feel free to give us a call 13 9684. As every claim is based on its own merits, you can check out our full terms & conditions via the Youi website/Home PDS -https://www.youi.com.au/GetPDS?riskType=BUI

Hi I don't know if hail damaged my roof or the building last night and I made a claim so I can get an assessor to check for damage. If there is no damage, can I then cancel the claim?
I believe so but dont be afraid to ask them. With Youi I never thought they were trying to trick my and played it honest from start to finish. Good luck.Hi Esther, thanks for getting in touch. If there's no damage, you can request to have your claim withdrawn. Thanks Michelle.

Similar listings