Youi Home and Contents

• Contents Only (21)
    • Home Only (18)

Mel S.

Mel S.South East Queensland, QLD

AVOID Youi insurance - they aim to never pay out!

Coverage TypeHome Only
Property TypeDuplex
Type of ClaimImpact at Home
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim ApprovedNo
Claim DateFebruary 2020

Annalese dean

Annalese dean

Terrible company, from the start they don't want to pay.

Please, choose a different company. I've been with youi for a while now, when I made a claim, from the start they tried to find ways to get out of paying. The point of having insurance is so you don't have to stress about things happening. I wish I chose a more reputable company. I've paid every month, even after the incident, to not be covered. Thank you youi for taking my money, and screwing me over.

Type of ClaimTheft
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim ApprovedNo
Claim DateJanuary 2020

contents

Have only just taken out this owner contents insurance
I spent a delightful few minutes with the lovely operator setting up
just what I wanted I find all Youie staff extremely easy to deal with

Property TypeVilla
Greg

GregSydney Surrounds, NSW

Absolute rip off

Currently with NRMA insurance paying $1700.00 per annum got a quote from YOUI to be told the premium would be $9000.00 per annum. Their adds quote that they are saving everyday Australians money on their insurance. Not sure what they are doing.

happy user

happy user

Just changed to Youi for Home and Contents, after having a vehicle with them for a few years.

Had a car claim with Youi a few years back and raved about how easy they made it. I've just changed my home and contents policy to them, and saved $520.00! I read all the Product Disclosure Statement and compared to my current provider, and was satisfied I wasn't going backwards in cover. Got 20% saving on due to vehicle being insured at the same address.

Arnie

ArnieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Absolutely Appalling Service - Honestly the worst company that I had to deal with

Been a customer with YOUI for 2 years, made no claims or calls. When i wanted to cancel my policy, the guy I spoke to over phone reduced my premium without my knowledge. When I cancelled my policy anyways after 1 day, they calculated my prorated outstanding balance based on the reduced premium. Such crooks who dwindled me out of 100$. Customer dis-service at its best.

Unhappy Camper

Unhappy CamperSYDNEY

Absolute joke of a quote process

Claim MadeNo

Very friendly assistants very helpful easy to understand was a great experience for me

Yes very easy to set up very friendly and helpful easy to understand mind at ease now good price very happy with youi insurance company would recommend to family and friends

Adam Johnston

Adam JohnstonHunter Region, NSW

Youi bad experience

Paid 1200 dollar excess and was told I will get it back when claim is complete.house exploded full of sewage (council's fault).didn't get a call back so decided to ring them 18 months later only to be told council weren't liable(They paid out neighbours house with same problem) and I've done my 1200 and my no claim is gone.

Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim ApprovedYes
Claim DateApril 2018

Great savings

Spoke to Stuart Cordingly who was extremely helpful and patient with us to work through changing four policies to Youi. The savings were amazing as we are going to save $1400 per year. As pensioners we really appreciate any saving day to day. Have highly recommended Stuart and Youi to family and friends as we can’t believe how much we saved. Also the rewards of cheaper petrol were a surprise too. Very happy customers

Property TypeOther

Lyell A.

Lyell A.Perth, WA

Won't be back. Expensive and won't refund doubled up insurance

MikeygSouth East Queensland, QLD

Most Expensive Quote

I rang Youi Insurance and spent 30 minutes 18 December 2019 going through the criteria only to find out the policy was going to cost $1,402.10 for $125,000 cover. I finally bought a policy with RACQ for the same cover for only $316.76. I don't understand why YOUI have such good reviews.

Jamie P.

Jamie P.Central Queensland, QLD

More cover for a better price

I was looking to include contents to my home insurance and thought to get a quote from Youi as I had already saved a bunch on my car insurance and had received fantastic service through the assistance. Well, not only was the quote cheaper than my current insurance, I added contents and still saved over $500. Customer service is great and it's awesome that you only deal with one person. Locky was easy to chat to and explained everything clearly.

Clive

CliveMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Better Cover Better price

New Customer since August 2018. Old providers were getting to expensive and although I have been loyal to my previous provider I felt I should try for a better deal. Youi did just that.

Best Price,Best Service

Took out car insurance with Youi initially due to best price and Australian based offices and call centre, then the hail hit Jan 2019 and 1 phone call and was sent to their assessing centre which had been set up at Smeaton Grange, drove in and was assessed in 15 minutes, had to leave car their due to extent of damage was offered a Taxi home, had a call from Panel shop the following day and had car repaired and back within 7 days of damage, other people through other companies were still without a car waiting to be assessed.
I then tried Youi for home & contents insurance and they got me better cover for $1,000 less per year.

Brian JSydney, NSW

Great service from Amanda

Policy easy to set up on line but I had a couple of questions that a phone call to Amanda quickly resolved. Amanda was knowledgeable, personable, fun to deal with.

Ben Jones

Ben JonesGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

great sevice great company !

Extremely happy with the people I dealt with. I’m new to this company and they were really easy to talk to and the premium cut mine in half From my current insurer. I was a bit unsure about them as I’ve been with my other insurer for about 20 years but I’m super happy that they have saved me the hassle and the money !! Well done Youi ! What a great company !

Bruce Squelch

Bruce SquelchDarling Downs, QLD

Craig was super helpful insetting up an unusual house & contents policy and even helped me get a 20% reduction on portion of it. Tash was also helpful with other policies.

Great

The best part about the hole set up was I was talking to an Aussie. . What a bonus!!! It is so nice to understand and be understood when you are dealing with your hard earned money . Thank you again

Margaret Oxley

Margaret OxleySouth East Queensland, QLD

Shelley knew just what i needed to do

Was an easy change going from 2 separate policies to one. Shelley knew just what to do and was easy to communicate with. She was very efficient and knowledgeable about the products which made the process seamless. I have been with Youi many years and always found them to be easy to deal with.

Robyn C.

Robyn C.asked

does home insurance cover damage to solar panels in a hail storm

Fair Go

You would need to specify cover for the panels and some insurers wont offer cover others will charge substantially more. Youi is the only insurer with a criminal record with 15 charges and 15 convictions. Youi was investigated by the Royal Commission Inquiry and ASIC for not paying claims. Forget Youi as they are not worth the risk and considering Youi Aust. just sold of their NZ division and Youi Australia is for sale as well, you be the judge.

Di T

Di Tasked

Do you charge extra if premium is paid monthly?
Does Flood cover flooding from rivers, lakes or concourses?
Is your Accidental Damage cover on contents only or building and contents and is it for full sum insureds or limited?

Mikeyg

Sorry. I was a prospective customer. I don't work for YOU I. You will need to call them, get a quote or download the PDS document.

Libby D.

Libby D.asked

Hi my name is Elizabeth I am looking a getting a quote on contents insurance for 70,000 and also car insurance. I live in Queanbeyan NSW

Brian J

Hi Libby D. Main reason for insuring my contents with Youi (for the first time) was a recommendation from Choice magazine (May 2019 issue). Youi were competitive on price and received a good rating (80/100) in the "complaints" category. I can't comment about car insurance but I'll be considering them.

Fair Go

Youi is the only insurer with a criminal record with 15 charges and 15 convictions. Youi was investigated by the Royal Commission Inquiry and ASIC for not paying claims. Forget Youi as they are not worth the risk and considering Youi Aust. just sold of their NZ division and Youi Australia is for sale as well, you be the judge. bye

Fired Up
Fired Up

You can contact them directly for a quote

Get an answer from our members and Youi representatives