Youi Home and Contents

• 1-2 weeks (6)
    • 2-4 weeks (5)
    • 1-2 months (4)
    • 3+ months (6)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (22) · No (13)

Unfair Youi Claim

Unfair Youi ClaimSouth East Queensland, QLD

Storm Damage and collapsed Ceiling

Claim DateFebruary 2021
Jay Z.

Jay Z.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

very bad customer service

Just got a phone call to discuss the quote today and the customer service lady called Dani was not happy when I refuse to provide residential address and she insists this is part of the process to get the quote and if I don't provide they won't give me a quote. I do not understand why you need my residential address as this is for my rental property and it has nothing to do with my home address. you can ask me all the details once I sign up with you but not to grab so much information from customers beforehand!!! she then hung up on me!! what a customer service!!. go elsewhere never use Youi.

TIM

TIMMid North Coast, NSW

Cannot get a quote without been harrassed

Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how Youi Home and Contents compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

Water penetration and damp issue claim

Glenn

GlennGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Online quote a joke & very high price

I am presently looking around for home & contents insurance. I got online quotes from a number of companies. I thought I was getting one from Youi. Instead when I hit the submit button my phone rang with Youi. 15 minutes later with lots of ridiculous questions I received a price more than double the average from others. I have a great insurance record with zero claims.
Youi should make it clear that it is not an online quote, it is someone on the phone doing a hard sell.
The person kept saying "We do things differently at Youi". They certainly do and its not for the better.
Save your time & go elsewhere.

Elliey

EllieySouth East Queensland, QLD

Need to quote online

I find it hard to want to buy insurance from a company that won't provide a quote online - you fill out all the questions, only to then have to be called by an operator who wants you to answer the questions again. YouI needs to get with the times and stand by an online quoting system. Needless to say, I didn't buy the insurance.

Expensive mistake

Contacted youi about content insurance, told them the address which the person I was talking took note of, then when I was sent the information of my insurance quote I noticed that they had spelt the street name wrong, they had it spelt as bourke when it should have been burke. After contacting them about the spelling mistake they then rang me and told me that it would increase the premium by another $200, even though it was the same suburb and the same postcode. So it had gone from $462 per annum to $662 per annum. Well as you may guess I won’t be going with them and they wouldn’t budge on the price, there loss is my gain as I went with another highly recommended company for half the price, so winner winner chicken dinner

Coverage TypeContents Only
Andrey  Verinchuk

Andrey Verinchuk

Worst customer service you can imagine

This company is not able to deliver proper customer service. They simply waste a lot of your time with zero outcome. They are far below many other insurance companies and I have no idea how the survive with this quality of service

Lauren.asGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

In the process of a claim... Don't bother

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateNovember 2020
Claim ApprovedNo

tonyhh

tonyhhLos Angeles

cost is more than twice my current insurance

No flexibility whatsoever

Claim MadeNo

If i could leave Zero stars i would

I got quotes from 7 different insurers for home & contents. Youi were the 8th & would not quote as according to them, i was in a flood zone. The council, the conveyancer and 7 other insurers dont class where i live (on the side of a hill) a flood zone. In fact, if my house were to flood, the whole town would have washed away before then. I couldnt get any sort of explanation as to why, all they would tell me is that they use the same information as every other insurer, which is clearly garbage.

Kathleen McGee

Kathleen McGeePerth, WA

The most proficient and professional insurance company I have ever dealt with!!!!

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid
Claim DateNovember 2020
Paul

PaulSydney, NSW

Poor service and high premiums and excess

After remaining loyal for many years I found their service below par, premiums sky high and excess levels well above competition. Not to mention the time wasting with a myriad of unrealistic questions. Very disappointed.

LazyHorse

LazyHorseGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Claim for lightning damage was covered

We used YOUI for our home and contents - There was a storm that damaged TV, Ducted Heating, and multiple network devices in our home. Youi covered them all. Process was good, but third party inspector they used was terrible which meant a lot of calls to youi for updates.
Submitted claim 15/2/2020
Assessor first visited 19/2/2020
Multiple calls to get status update
Assessors lost the details of the inspection
Youi made the decision to cover without another inspection
Got the items replaced beginning 25/3 -> 4/4

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Type of ClaimLightning
Claim DateFebruary 2020

Absolute Scam artists

Had Car and Home insurance cover for 5 years with Youi
Lodged our first claim, as our ceiling in the garage started to fall down after a wind storm.
Was advised that the damage was due to lack of maintenance. They could not advise what maintenance was required to keep my ceiling from falling down. Youi sent out an building assessor who spent a maximum of 30seconds in the garage and lodged a report claiming it fell due to lack of maintenance.
Will be cancelling all my policies and seeking legal advise in the coming days .
Not happy

Claim DateOctober 2020
Claim ApprovedNo
Zoe

Zoe

"THEYI" NOT YOUI

Dont bother! Went through all the pages of questions,personal info,had to then even agree to have a rep call just to get the bloody figure for a quote (which was $400 more than other quotes for exactly the same insurnace btw!)...Then at the end they only take direct debits payments...So bye bye! This is a major red flag,not to mention illegal,I should be able to pay my way not give them all control of my bank account! Youi suck.Time wasters! More expensive too!

M132300

M132300Victoria

Youi quote... HOW MUCH???????

Home and content insurance coming up for renewal.
In quarantine in hotel in Perth.
Plenty of time to get quotes from a dozen insurers.
Scene set...
4 hours later and a dozen quotes in front of me. Same property, location etc... same building and content sum insured, same excesses...
Range from $3759.27 for YOUI to $706.58 for exactly/like for like the same product from other company!
How is this possible. Youi, how can you justify such a difference in quoted price???
"YOUI... WE GET YOU" should be "YOUI... WE'LL TAKE YOUR MONEY, THANK YOU VERY MUCH, IF YOU DON'T DO YOUR HOMEWORK"...

Peewee H.

Peewee H.South East Queensland, QLD

Time Wasters to acquire a quote

Tracy

TracyHunter Region, NSW

Fantastic saving

Policy was everything I needed and I saved lots happy customer. Service was awesome. Recommend to anyone looking around to compare policies. Seriously big savings. It took at least half hour to complete two new policies. Worth it.

Coverage TypeContents Only

siga2netasked

Does Youi home insurance cover the subsidence, land settling or collapse?

Stephen chapman
Stephen chapman

I only want content insurance, if the building is damaged that is on the owners

siga2net

I was asking the YOUI admin. I don't care about content.

Robyn C.

Robyn C.asked

does home insurance cover damage to solar panels in a hail storm

Fair Go

You would need to specify cover for the panels and some insurers wont offer cover others will charge substantially more. Youi is the only insurer with a criminal record with 15 charges and 15 convictions. Youi was investigated by the Royal Commission Inquiry and ASIC for not paying claims. Forget Youi as they are not worth the risk and considering Youi Aust. just sold of their NZ division and Youi Australia is for sale as well, you be the judge.

WHATCANISAY
WHATCANISAY

I don't know an insurance company that isn't under some investigation during the floods, fires and hailstorms however they have been the only insurance company that has been so helpful to me on 4 occasions without question and resolved each problem as it arose with care and support. We all have different journeys when disaster strikes.

Gazman

The 15 convictions had no relation to claims. They were related to misleading customers by asking for bank details and instead of sending a quote they signed the people up without consent. They then made it difficult to cancel the policies. This affected 0.2% of policies and was limited to New Zealand alone. Not defending them just putting the facts out there.

Di T

Di Tasked

Do you charge extra if premium is paid monthly?
Does Flood cover flooding from rivers, lakes or concourses?
Is your Accidental Damage cover on contents only or building and contents and is it for full sum insureds or limited?

Mikeyg
Mikeyg

Sorry. I was a prospective customer. I don't work for YOU I. You will need to call them, get a quote or download the PDS document.

Gazman

Get an answer from our members and Youi representatives

CategoryHome and Contents Insurance