ANZ Rewards Black

ANZ Rewards Black

See the Best Rewards Credit Cards in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for ANZ? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

180,000 bonus Reward Points on offer
$0 Annual Fee in the first year
Earn 2 Reward Points per $1 spent on eligible purchases up to $5,000 per statement period (1 Reward Point per $1 thereafter)
Complimentary Travel and Shopping Insurances, including Overseas Travel and Medical Insurance

Cons

$375 Annual Fee
3% Foreign Transaction Fee
Minimum Credit Limit of $15,000 may be too high for you

CategoryRewards Credit Cards
Card TypeVisa
BenefitsCashback Offer, Complimentary Travel Insurance, Reduced First Year Annual Fee and Sign-Up Bonus Points Offer
Minimum Credit Limit $15,000.00
Minimum Income $75,000.00
Additional Cardholders 9
Additional Cardholder Fee $65.00 p.a.
Minimum Repayments2.5%
Rewards ProgramANZ Rewards
Points Earn Rate 2 points per $1
Points Conditions
  • 2 points per $1 spent on eligible purchases up to and including $5,000 per statement period,

• 1 point per $1 spent on eligible purchases above $5,000 per statement period.

There is no cap on earn rate.

Contactless PaymentsApple Pay, Fitbit Pay, Garmin Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay
Rates & Fees
Purchase Rate20.24% p.a.
Cash Advance Fee2%
Late Payment Fee$20.00
Annual Fee$375.00 p.a.
Foreign Transaction Fee 3%
Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee$5.00
Interest Free Period 55 days
Cash Advance Rate20.24% p.a.
Introductory Offers
Sign-Up Bonus

Receive 180,000 points when you spend $2,000 in the first 3 months

Reduced First Year Annual Fee $0.00

3.7
  • Rewards
  • Online Experience
  • Application Process

Unable to cancel my credit card

I have been with ANZ for a number of years and paid a premium annual fee for a credit card that had good rewards and travel insurance. After getting whacked with another large annual fee we decided it was time to review some other options and found another card that was cheaper and had all the insurance and reward features we wanted. I'm now trying to cancel the ANZ credit card according to instructions on the ANZ website - I have tried twice via ANZ internet banking and I've also submitted the online form. They are "unable to process my request" and if I still wish to progress the request I have to contact them again. Why make it so hard ANZ? Going to miss my fees?

• Rewards
VarunM
VarunMGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best rewards program

Best card I have ever had. You accumulate points quickly and you can redeem for giftcards as well. And no annual fee for the first year is greatplus bonus 180k

Farqua
FarquaSydney, NSW

Best card we have owned

This is probably the best card we have used. Great credit limit, low fees and the support via telephone is quick and no waiting queues.
We used this card in NZ a few weeks back and had no issues. The fees were reasonable. We have banked with ANZ for at least 2 decades now.
The points system is good. Basically, the way we see it is we do our normal shopping and earn points, therefore, get free things :)

Works well for me

I never previously had a Credit Card before. The only reason i have the card is mainly for the points system. I had a 75000 rewards points scheme.
I have used the Card overseas. I just called the bank before we departed and had no issues with it.
Points system is so easy, i have redeemed heaps of gift vouchers.

Rewards Credit Cards

Find out how ANZ Rewards Black compares to other Rewards Credit Cards

jay
jaySydney, NSW

Good Rewards Credit Card

Rewards program is easy to use and the electronic gift cards come immediately. Great option if they are offering extra points upon sign up or if it comes free with your home loan or other services you have with them. Points per dollar is quite good as well. Also great for travel insurance as it comes with the card and is quite easy ti claim.

Rajat
RajatGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good limit, Travel Insurance included, Good rewards

barney g.
barney g.

ANZ rewards black insurance - brilliant

Recently made a claim for travel insurance received on my rewards black card. The best turnaround time I have ever received. Under 2 hours total turn around time to accept and pay the claim. Thank you. Amazing

Super Funds Awards 2022!

super-funds-awards-2020
What you need to know about store finance credit cards

A store credit card can help if you need to make an emergency purchase but you don’t have the money. Read on to learn how store credit cards work and discover what to watch out for.

Avleen M.
Avleen M.
what-you-need-to-know-about-store-finance-credit-cards
Credit Card Awards 2020

credit-card-awards-2020
Tumbleweed
TumbleweedAustralian Capital Territory

Fees and less service.

I have the ANZ black and used to have the Amex tied to this - ANZ decided to stop that relationship but did not reduce the fees - so now you get less and pay the same. This has bothered me for a long time and despite looking at other options the banks all work so hard to make the limits on things non comparable. I haven't changed as its confusing. The RC into Banking is still happening but some of these basic issues don't have a bleeding heart story attached to them so no one hears or cares.

Meow Meow