ANZ Rewards Black

See the Best Rewards Credit Cards in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

CategoryRewards Credit Cards
Card TypeVisa
BenefitsCashback Offer, Complimentary Travel Insurance and Sign-Up Bonus Points Offer
Minimum Credit Limit$15,000
Minimum Income $75,000
Additional Cardholders 9
Additional Cardholder Fee $65 p.a.
Minimum Repayments2.5%
Rewards ProgramANZ Rewards
Contactless PaymentsApple Pay, Fitbit Pay, Garmin Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay
Rates & Fees
Purchase Rate18.79% p.a.
Cash Advance Fee2%
Late Payment Fee$20
Annual Fee$375 p.a.
Foreign Transaction Fee 3%
Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee$5
Interest Free Period 55 days
Cash Advance Rate20.99% p.a.
Introductory Offers
Sign-Up Bonus Receive 100000 points when you spend $4000 in 3 months and $100 back to your ANZ Rewards Black

Good limit, Travel Insurance included, Good rewards

Been using ANZ Black Rewards credit card since 2015. Initial 1 year was without any annual fee and came with an offer of 75,000 points if I spend $7500 in 3 months which I did. I've been able to extract approx. $800 dollars based on redwards dollars accumulated since 2015.

Had an instance where I'd to cancel overseas ai travel and was able to get a pending refund of fees which was not refunded by the air travel agency. It happened over 2 phone calls to QBE which manages or cover insurance on ANZ credit cards.

As this card is attached to my mortgage, I'm able to get ANZ home loan specialists to waive the annual fee as part of annual interest rate revision.

If you are getting this card with conditions that the annual fee can be waived then its a good card otherwise check other credit cards.

Rates and Fees
Rewards
Online Experience
Main Point of ContactPhone
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses, Online Shopping, Overseas/Travel and Special Purchases

ANZ rewards black insurance - brilliant

Recently made a claim for travel insurance received on my rewards black card. The best turnaround time I have ever received. Under 2 hours total turn around time to accept and pay the claim. Thank you. Amazing

Rates and Fees
Online Experience

Fees and less service.

I have the ANZ black and used to have the Amex tied to this - ANZ decided to stop that relationship but did not reduce the fees - so now you get less and pay the same. This has bothered me for a long time and despite looking at other options the banks all work so hard to make the limits on things non comparable. I haven't changed as its confusing. The RC into Banking is still happening but some of these basic issues don't have a bleeding heart story attached to them so no one hears or cares.

Complementary airport lounge.

I recently travelled to New Zealand. I thought I would utilise the "complementary airport lounge passes" through my ANZ REWARDS BLACK card. .
After calling ANZ to find out which company they use, I signed up with Veloce. Only to discover they had no lounges in both New Zealand or Australia. (ANZ Bank = Australia, New Zealand)
After browsing through the Veloce website to see where they do have lounges I was very disappointed to also see they don't have one on Bali either.
It is a well known fact that Australian's top travel destinations are New Zealand and Bali.

I contacted the ANZ bank via the feedback form on their website to express my dismay regarding this matter. I finally got a response from one of the ANZ team stating they would look into it and closed the complaint. The offered me $100 in compensation which was put onto my card.

If you are looking for a card that offers 'complementary airport lounge passes' to not sign up for this card!