ANZ Rewards Travel Adventures

See the Best Frequent Flyer & Travel Credit Cards in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

CategoryFrequent Flyer & Travel Credit Cards and Rewards Credit Cards
Contact Number 133 22 73
24-Hour Phone Contact No
Online Live Chat No
Card TypeVisa
BenefitsComplimentary Travel Insurance, No Foreign Transaction Fee and Travel Credit
Minimum Credit Limit$6,000
Minimum Income $35,000
Additional Cardholders 9
Rewards ProgramVelocity Frequent Flyer
Contactless PaymentsApple Pay, Fitbit Pay, Garmin Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay
Rates & Fees
Purchase Rate20.24% p.a.
Cash Advance Fee2%
Late Payment Fee$20
Annual Fee$225 p.a.
Foreign Transaction Fee 0%
Interest Free Period 55 days
Cash Advance Rate21.74% p.a.
Introductory Offers
Sign-Up Bonus 40,000 bonus Velocity Frequent Flyer Points and a complimentary return domestic flight when you spend $500 on eligible purchases in the first 3 months of approval.
Introductory Offers

Get a complimentary Virgin Australia return domestic flight and two complimentary single entry Virgin Australia lounge passes when you spend $500 on eligible purchases in the first three months.

First credit card - OK as a travel card but not quite as good as it sounds when you sign up

I got a good deal on this card - bonus 80k Velocity Points. That's the main reason I signed up for it, actually. The yearly fee is high but I figured it would be offset by the points + the yearly domestic flight.

Rewards:
The complimentary flight is hard to book - you have to know 2 months in advance, and have to actually CALL to make the booking. I just moved to Adelaide and there aren't a lot of options available - not quite "any domestic flight", as it states - I can't go to Hobart, for example.
The lounge passes were nice, but again, cumbersome - they actually MAILED them instead loading them onto either your velocity account or allowing you to walk in with your credit card. I had to wait 4 weeks to get them. Domestic only, so you need to have a connecting flight within Australia to use them.

The card itself:
I'm happy with it - because I always pay full closing balance there are no additional fees.
I've used it overseas too, no issues. I tried the overseas ATM withdrawal without cash advance fees perk recently, I am not sure if that worked or not.

Overall: if there's a better deal, I will jump ship, otherwise I think I'll keep it.

Rewards
Card Start DateFebruary 2019
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses and Overseas/Travel

Great card with great incentives

I was able to grab a good deal on this card. I used it overseas and found it the best way to shop in Thailand. You aren't charged any unnecessary fees and the exchange rate worked out better than cash. The velocity rewards allowed me to travel business class. The only thing better would be so that you can accumulate velocity points quicker.

Rewards
Online Experience
Card Start DateDecember 2018
Main Point of ContactOnline
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses, Online Shopping, Overseas/Travel and Special Purchases

Good for overseas travel

Good card to use if you are traveling overseas or buying online from international sellers as you avoid the various overseas transaction charges. Yearly fee is a little high, although there are a number of benefits that offset the fee. Points earning is ok, although nothing great.

Online Experience
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses, Online Shopping and Overseas/Travel

Rude customer service

I am shocked by the rude and snarly girl I just spoke to, whilst trying to organise my ANZ rewards complimentary flight. The attitude of girl left a bad taste. After asking to repeat the flight options the girl had a diva moment and it was all too much trouble. I expected better.

Redemption is extremely time consuming and confusing

Tried redeeming points today. Actually went into a branch a very polite ANZ worker did all the computer work (other than my password) for me. Despite over 10,000 points having been transferred, nothing is showing on my account. No points have been transferred. Phoned ANZ cards. Was told my inquiry would be escalated and that I'd have to speak to the Rewards Centre, which is currently closed.

This card is expensive and I don't recall being informed that I'd have to wait 60 days to book it's supposedly free return domestic flight. This information was provided in brochures but I was encouraged to get the card on the phone when I cancelled another ANZ card.
Not good enough ANZ!

ANZ Travel Adventures Card

20 minutes wait for customer service - just not good enough.

$225 annual fee is too expensive as it takes too long to earn enough points.