ANZ Rewards

ANZ Rewards

Great card with great incentives

I was able to grab a good deal on this card. I used it overseas and found it the best way to shop in Thailand. You aren't charged any unnecessary fees and the exchange rate worked out better than cash. The velocity rewards allowed me to travel business class. The only thing better would be so that you can accumulate velocity points quicker.

Card Start DateDecember 2018
Main Point of ContactOnline
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses, Online Shopping, Overseas/Travel and Special Purchases

Good for overseas travel

Good card to use if you are traveling overseas or buying online from international sellers as you avoid the various overseas transaction charges. Yearly fee is a little high, although there are a number of benefits that offset the fee. Points earning is ok, although nothing great.

Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses, Online Shopping and Overseas/Travel

Liked the rewards thats makes it even better

Got the anz rewards card and was happy to get rewards for every $$ i spent. I did get $200 gift card for the reward points in 6 months it is very simple and easy to redeem the points.

Card Start DateMarch 2018
Main Point of ContactBranch
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses, Online Shopping and Special Purchases

Looks after your purchases without problems

Have only ever used ANZ Visa card. What more do people want? A complete list of all purchases, absolutely no interest as long as you pay outstanding credit on time. Easy comprehensive system to pay bills and frequent flyer credits. Fast telephone service if there is any problems. Automatic payment from another account to pay outstanding credit. Frequent flyer points are added automatically to Qantas. I assume other credit cards are okay but as I have used ANZ for over 30 years with no problems it suits me. Comprehensive list of all statements including CMC Stockmarket (originally Etrade).

Main Point of ContactOnline

Great for people who spend a lot of money on there credit card

I signed up for this credit 12 years ago. It was great then. Low yearly fees and you would get gift cards without being too expensive. Now it is hardly worth it. By the time I pay for having the rewards card and then having my husband as an adiditional cardholder. I have to spend 22,225 to get an $100.00 give card. And each year these fees and the gift cards get more expensive. Unless you send a lot of money you could make this card worthwhile.

Card Start DateSeptember 2005
Main Point of ContactPhone
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses

The ANZ Card not worth the value that represents as a rewards credit card

The card was used overseas, as international transaction fees does apply and it can be very expensive to use in day to day purchase.
As a customer not very useful as the rewards points are hard to attain over the lifecycle of the points system and threshold to redeem value long duration.
I hope ANZ continues to improves its rewards programme and revamps its market base in credit card rewards. The current reward point scheme is not benefiting customer experience or service added value.

Card Start DateOctober 2018
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses, Online Shopping and Overseas/Travel

ANZ rewards black insurance - brilliant

Recently made a claim for travel insurance received on my rewards black card. The best turnaround time I have ever received. Under 2 hours total turn around time to accept and pay the claim. Thank you. Amazing

No benefits

The access to lounges has never worked anywhere. The related “Veloce” website is atrocious. The only value add it the one with travel insurance.

shocking service for reward flights

I have had to change my flight twice.The price i have had to pay is only slightly cheaper then buying a whole new fair of the internet.Very disappointing and ripped off .Anz ill be moving all my banking .

Fees and less service.

I have the ANZ black and used to have the Amex tied to this - ANZ decided to stop that relationship but did not reduce the fees - so now you get less and pay the same. This has bothered me for a long time and despite looking at other options the banks all work so hard to make the limits on things non comparable. I haven't changed as its confusing. The RC into Banking is still happening but some of these basic issues don't have a bleeding heart story attached to them so no one hears or cares.

Rude customer service

I am shocked by the rude and snarly girl I just spoke to, whilst trying to organise my ANZ rewards complimentary flight. The attitude of girl left a bad taste. After asking to repeat the flight options the girl had a diva moment and it was all too much trouble. I expected better.

Redeemed gift cards missing no way to trackit

Dont sign up with anz because their rewards program are so bad. I redeemed two gift card and gone missing i call up and ask anz have no idea where it gone.

They told me to write a story explain why it gone missing and post back to them for investigation.

I post the letter back to them and now over three week without any reply.

Anz reward customer service are so bad.

Bad Product, Worse Service

I was sold into a new credit card by Ravi, at the Pitt Street, Circular Quay bank with the promise of 75k bonus points. 1 year on and those points have become a measly $100 refund as they can't fulfil and offer that promotion due to the staff not knowing the product or having the ability to on-sell that to me because of my mortgage. Qucik way to lose customers and mortgages ANZ.

Worst rewards card ever

The card charges high fees but ANZ are also very scabby compared to other cards like Westpac. I was owed 75000 reward points and spent alot on my card however they made every excuse in the book not to allocate my points and the complaints teams did nothing to assist.

Expensive credit card with high fees for little benefit

Have had ANZ Rewards credit card for a few years & find it to have a very high annual fee for little return, but the killer is fees, the account was under limit but end of month int charge put it slightly over & you are hit a $20- OD Limit fee.
I must admit thought this type of fee is being regulated out. Just a money grab.
Bring on the Banking enquiry

Complementary airport lounge.

I recently travelled to New Zealand. I thought I would utilise the "complementary airport lounge passes" through my ANZ REWARDS BLACK card. .
After calling ANZ to find out which company they use, I signed up with Veloce. Only to discover they had no lounges in both New Zealand or Australia. (ANZ Bank = Australia, New Zealand)
After browsing through the Veloce website to see where they do have lounges I was very disappointed to also see they don't have one on Bali either.
It is a well known fact that Australian's top travel destinations are New Zealand and Bali.

I contacted the ANZ bank via the feedback form on their website to express my dismay regarding this matter. I finally got a response from one of the ANZ team stating they would look into it and closed the complaint. The offered me $100 in compensation which was put onto my card.

If you are looking for a card that offers 'complementary airport lounge passes' to not sign up for this card!

Don't try and layback with this card.

My family went on a holiday to Italy in April, during this time I tried to use the “Airport lounge” offering on my card; I was advised at two separate Véloce establishments that this was not possible on the card; very embarrassing at the receptions counters. I rang the card concierge and received no assistance, he stated this was NOT a situation that he could rectify, and that this service was in the process or review; that’s all well and good, but ANZ has and STILL does advertise this as a feature to lure customer to use the card; yes?

Now; I have just return from another trip in August-September. I was solo this time and visited four lounges listed in the establishments available for access using my card; I was unable to utilise my card at any of these; one was not in operation, others did not allow entry with my card (embarrassment again), this was in UK, UAE, USA, Canada. I was advised twice that it’s likely the cards were accepted some time ago but not currently.

I do appreciate that ANZ does not manage this part of the offering; the bottom line here is you all should be aware that ANZ have still not sorted this situation; I called them and they could NOT verify that I would be able to use this promoted feature(next week). This also make me wonder what would happen if i tried to claim on the travel insurance offering, which is more than just discomfort!

Time for us to change our card service.

shady terms, points that dont get tracked properly and added, interest charged unless card is return

was miselad to beleive the rewards card i chose with my home loan package would still get the $250 gift card they offered, spent heaps on the card to find out months later they will not be sending me any gift card, seems deliberately misleading to get people to spend. interest free period doesnt work like other banks cards, they seem to charge on everything unless you bring the balance back to zero regardless when they last purchase was. extra points dont track properly and are rarely credited to my account, difficult to resolve. never had any such issues with rewards card with commbank for over 10 years, 4 months in and I'm not using this ANZ one again.

Redemption is extremely time consuming and confusing

Tried redeeming points today. Actually went into a branch a very polite ANZ worker did all the computer work (other than my password) for me. Despite over 10,000 points having been transferred, nothing is showing on my account. No points have been transferred. Phoned ANZ cards. Was told my inquiry would be escalated and that I'd have to speak to the Rewards Centre, which is currently closed.

This card is expensive and I don't recall being informed that I'd have to wait 60 days to book it's supposedly free return domestic flight. This information was provided in brochures but I was encouraged to get the card on the phone when I cancelled another ANZ card.
Not good enough ANZ!

ANZ Rewards Travel Adventures card

Hi,
I'm very disappointed with this ANZ product; I even cancelled the card yesterday.
They offer a phoney (complimentary) travel insurance with the card, which I tried to utilise by contacting the insurer (QBE), but no response from either them or ANZ so far, not even an acknowledgment that I emailed the forms.
I also had a transaction dispute which they didn't handle well at all, and I'm still waiting for the verdict.
Overall, the only good thing about the product is its shiny cards, nothing more.

Cheers!