ANZ Rewards

ANZ Rewards

See the Best Rewards Credit Cards in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for ANZ? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

1 Reward Point per $1 spent on eligible purchases up to $1,000 per statement period
Up to 55 interest free days on purchases

Cons

3% Overseas Transaction Fee
Lower earn rate of 0.5 Reward Points per $1 after the first $1,000 per statement period

With 50,000 bonus points on offer if you spend $1,000 on eligible purchases within the first 3 months, this ANZ Visa is worth considering if you are a member of the ANZ Rewards Program or have a Virgin Australia Velocity Frequent Flyer account.

You can earn reward points at a ratio of 1:1 for the first $1,000. After that, it drops to 0.5 points per dollar. You can also convert your Reward points to other frequent flyer / rewards programs that you have an account with. This includes:

• If you're a Velocity member, you can covert your Reward points at a transfer rate of 2 ANZ Rewards Points for 1 Velocity Frequent Flyer Point. An initial minimum of 2,000 ANZ points is required to redeem.
  • If you're a part of the Air New Zealand loyalty program, you can redeem an initial minimum of 3,000 ANZ Reward Points for 15 New Zealand Airpoints Dollars and then additional multiples of 1,500 Reward Points

For an annual fee of $80, this ANZ credit card is also the cheapest Rewards card on offer by ANZ, compared to the annual fee of its other Rewards cards which all have the same interest rate on purchases of 20.24% p.a.:

If you want Qantas Frequent Flyer points, consider ANZ Frequent Flyer credit cards which allow you to earn Qantas points.

CategoryRewards Credit Cards
Card TypeVisa
Minimum Credit Limit $1,000.00
Minimum Income $15,000.00
Additional Cardholders 3
Additional Cardholder Fee $65.00 p.a.
Minimum Repayments2%
Rewards ProgramANZ Rewards
Points Earn Rate 1 points per $1
Points Conditions
  • 1 point $1 spent on eligible purchases up to and including $1,000 per statement period

• 0.5 points per $1 spent on eligible purchases above $1,000 per statement period

Contactless PaymentsApple Pay, Garmin Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay
Annual Fee$80.00 p.a.
Foreign Transaction Fee 3%
Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee$5.00
Interest Free Period 44 days
Cash Advance Rate20.99% p.a.
Release date

• Rates and Fees
  • Rewards
  • Online Experience
  • Application Process

Mike O
Mike O

Hopeless

Tried to redeem two gift cards today. One worked. One did not - “pending”. Contacted rewards centre. Advised to try again. This also went to “pending”. So potentially now getting three gift cards when I wanted two. Rewards centre advise that they cannot cancel the pending ones. So can’t even go and purchase what I needed as I need the two cards and only have one. Wasted points. Poor service. Not worth the half an hour on the phone. Go elsewhere.

Cheang
Cheang

Avoid

Great that they offer reward points that I cannot redeem as I can't even log into my Rewards Account. It asks to reset my password but the reset link is never sent to my email. Tried multiple times. This happened the first several times initially and now is happening again. Judging by the non response when you call, might as well bin the $80pa card and sign up with other banks who has their services working.

• Incentivised Review No
Sara
SaraDarwin, NT

What a poor service

Every time you ring they are receiving higher than usual calls, if you want to change your password you cant because you cant get hold of anyone. This is a really poor service. I have waited hours on 3 occasions with no response from this service. Looks like it is the same for everyone else. I am getting out when I can. Where are the humans.

Mustafa Meric M.
Mustafa Meric M.Western District, VIC

What a service

What a service been waiting over an hour no answer so I ring up the general Enquiries number explain what is happening so he puts me thru to the same number without even listening to what I had to say ...Thanks Anz for making my decision easier to change my accounts to another bank..

• Incentivised Review No

ianpercy
ianpercyGreat Southern, WA

No back up service.

I had a query from my reward on line account so called their 1300 number & followed their prompts. I held on for 32 minutes & 38 seconds being told every 30 seconds they were busy & thanked me for my patients. After hearing the message in excess of 60 times I had had enough & hung up in disgust. The reward system is good but when you can't get a reply it is very poor customer service.

KanyeBelconnen 2615, ACT

Love it

Fees are bit high with a second card but can’t complain every dollar we spend we get points, we use for everything, it ads up really quick and we can use gift card on shopping very quickly.

Haven’t used the card overseas feels like it should be free.

Kieana.B
Kieana.BPeel, WA

Awesome card

Use this as our daily expense card. Love that I can have Apple Pay connected to my card to pay with my phone. Overall completely satisfied with my ANZ card.

Super Funds Awards 2022!

super-funds-awards-2020
What you need to know about store finance credit cards

A store credit card can help if you need to make an emergency purchase but you don’t have the money. Read on to learn how store credit cards work and discover what to watch out for.

Avleen M.
Avleen M.
what-you-need-to-know-about-store-finance-credit-cards
Credit Card Awards 2020

credit-card-awards-2020
Charles C.
Charles C.Sydney, NSW

Good for frequent travelers

You can collect bonus Velocity Points and ANZ Rewards when you use the card to make eligible purchases and no foreign transaction fees, which is very suitable to frequent travelers. The annual fee is $225, not cheap but worth it if you make full use of the card.

E Gift Cards are Excellent

We use this card every day. It is a good way to budget for gifts as the range of E gift cards is excellent. We save up and redeem the gift cards at Christmas time.

Dan
DanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good as a basic credit card

Haven't used the card overseas yet but quite satisfied with having the Anz rewards credit card. I like that there are many e gift card to choose with the reward points. The rewards site is simple, easy to use and I've redeemed couple gifts with ease. The points seem to accumulate ok since I've had the card for 3 years now and since claimed couple hundred jb hifi vouchers.

Moh A.
Moh A.Sydney, NSW

Anz credit card

The is a standard card which functions as you would expect a normal visa to function. I use this to pay for online purchases.
Rewards are very minimum ,overseas fees are high

Cainoo
CainooGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Basic rewards credit card

Ready to use and basic credit card. Easy to redeem your points and can do so in many different form, gift cards are a nice surprise. App for this card worked well.

Zaccy D.
Zaccy D.Canberra 2600, ACT

Reliable card/product - used it overseas without any problems.

Overseas it worked well, including several tap and go transactions. Nil issues. Rewards available to redeem were great - alot of diversity (gift cards and airline reward schemes) being my favourite. Redemption took about 2 minutes and was received it instantly.

Eric
EricMelbourne

Decent card with alright rewards

The card is a standard card which functions as you would expect a normal visa to function. I use this to pay for most online purchases and whatnot, at the end of each year i usually get enough points for $150 in gift cards which is nice and easy to redeem.

Dissapointed
DissapointedQueensland

Good rewards, reasonable fees

I have had no issues with this card, fee's are more reasonable than my last bank and had no issues using it overseas. The built in travel insurance is great (just remember its not for domestic travel).

Rewards are good, I guess like any card it depends on how you use it to how many points you can reap.

Overall a good card, reasonable fees, ease of use and looks good to boot :-).