ANZ Rewards

See the Best Rewards Credit Cards in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Pros

• 25,000 Bonus Reward Points when you spend $1,000 on eligible purchases in the first 3 months from approval

• 1 Reward Point per $1 spent on eligible purchases up to $1,000 per statement period

• Up to 55 interest free days on purchases

Cons

• 3% Overseas Transaction Fee

• Lower earn rate of 0.5 Reward Points per $1 after the first $1,000 per statement period

With 25,000 bonus points on offer if you spend $1,000 on eligible purchases within the first 3 months, this ANZ Visa is worth considering if you are a member of the ANZ Rewards Program or have a Virgin Australia Velocity Frequent Flyer account.

You can earn reward points at a ratio of 1:1 for the first $1,000. After that, it drops to 0.5 points per dollar. You can also convert your Reward points to other frequent flyer / rewards programs that you have an account with. This includes:

• If you're a Velocity member, you can covert your Reward points at a transfer rate of 2 ANZ Rewards Points for 1 Velocity Frequent Flyer Point. An initial minimum of 2,000 ANZ points is required to redeem.
  • If you're a part of the Air New Zealand loyalty program, you can redeem an initial minimum of 3,000 ANZ Reward Points for 15 New Zealand Airpoints Dollars and then additional multiples of 1,500 Reward Points

For an annual fee of $80, this ANZ credit card is also the cheapest Rewards card on offer by ANZ, compared to the annual fee of its other Rewards cards which all have the same interest rate on purchases of 20.24% p.a.:

If you want Qantas Frequent Flyer points, consider ANZ Frequent Flyer credit cards which allow you to earn Qantas points.

CategoryRewards Credit Cards
Contact Number 13 13 14
24-Hour Phone Contact Yes
Online Live Chat No
Card TypeVisa
Minimum Credit Limit $1,000
Minimum Income $15,000
Additional Cardholders 3
Additional Cardholder Fee $65 p.a.
Minimum Repayments2%
Rewards ProgramANZ Rewards
Points Earn Rate 1 points per $1
Points Conditions
  • 1 point $1 spent on eligible purchases up to and including $1,000 per statement period

• 0.5 points per $1 spent on eligible purchases above $1,000 per statement period

Contactless PaymentsApple Pay, Garmin Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay
Annual Fee$80 p.a.
Foreign Transaction Fee 3%
Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee$5
Interest Free Period 44 days
Cash Advance Rate20.99% p.a.
Introductory Offers
Sign-Up Bonus 25,000 bonus Reward Points when you spend $1,000 on eligible purchases in the first 3 months from approval.
Release dateMay 2007

Good rewards, reasonable fees

I have had no issues with this card, fee's are more reasonable than my last bank and had no issues using it overseas. The built in travel insurance is great (just remember its not for domestic travel).

Rewards are good, I guess like any card it depends on how you use it to how many points you can reap.

Overall a good card, reasonable fees, ease of use and looks good to boot :-).

Main Point of ContactBranch

Typical ANZ bad service since outsourcing call centres overseas.

Don’t have an issue because if you do it is a nightmare to deal with ANZ support. You will spend more time trying to get the call centre person to understand English then resolving the issue.

Card Start DateJanuary 2004
Main Point of ContactPhone

Spend big receive not much

I have been an ANZ reward member for a very long time and too lazy to look for anything better. I just think the rewards in the way of cash back or gift cards is not really worth it. 13000 points will get you a 50 dollar gift card. I'd think it would be better to receive 200 for points over 10000. I guess even waiving the annual fee in addition to the rewards would also be a good reward.

Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses, Online Shopping and Special Purchases

BEST VALUE CARD!

This is my favourite card as you can redeem CASH back against your statement instead of only having the ability to use your points to receive gifts available. I get a lovely surprise every now and then when the credit amounts show up on my statement! Have had this card for at least 20 years or so.

Card Start DateJanuary 1998
Main Point of ContactPhone
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses, Online Shopping, Overseas/Travel and Special Purchases

Great so long as you pay on time

I enjoy the rewards aspect of the card, however the interest fees are a killer if you dont stay on top of your payments and pay everything off in full each month. To be fair, they are the same as all the other large banks. The rewards are only worth it though if you arent paying the huge interest amounts each month.

Card Start DateMarch 2015
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses

Free credit card if you pay it off on time and have enough points to redeem.

The main reason for using ANZ Rewards card is that we are long term customers and the annual fee is easily paid with our rewards. This works effectively with eBay purchases which are linked to our card.
We used our card in the UK to rent a car for several weeks without any difficulties in 2013.
We redeem our points online and use the card in circumstances where we would normally pay cash.
When we have enough points we redeem on the ANZ Rewards website.
The rewards aren't over generous but we do get use of a readily accepted credit card free of cost plus occasional free gifts or offers.
Our account was locked and we were contacted instantly by ANZ security when I my brain threw a wobbly and I made an error twice while trying to make a payment online. This makes us feel safe.

Rewards

It's a credit card! Spend, pay off, repeat, no interest. Get points, redeem for goods, enjoy life!

I have had my ANZ Rewards card for over 15 years now. I got the ANZ Rewards card because they offered rewards for every $ I spend. I spend, I pay it off in full, no interest. I get reward points, I redeem them, which is very simple and easy to do, and I enjoy what I get. I haven't needed to use the insurance yet, but I am glad it is there.

Card Start DateMay 2003

False advertising, this rewards program is a joke, WESTPAC here we come!

Sooo one of the many advertised perks of this card is pre flight luxury. Hmmm trekking kms around Singapore airport to be denied entry at Lounges doesn’t spell luxury to me ANZ. With this card you “apparently” Receive 2 complimentary qantas longe passes per year, never used in 2.5years but ordered these before this trip. but today was told at Qantas lounge that they are currently not accepting lounge passes from ANZ... !!! no problem, we get to use the Véloce Lounges, anz website clearly states that we have access in Singapore (pic attached)... ring ANZ concierge, advised she can’t tell me where Véloce Lounge is in Singapore, she can just guide me to their details online. Thanks for NOTHING ANZ concierge! Look up online and there is NOTHING anywhere in Asia. What a joke, not to mention illegal to spin lies on your website.

Card Start DateJanuary 2017

Looks after your purchases without problems

Have only ever used ANZ Visa card. What more do people want? A complete list of all purchases, absolutely no interest as long as you pay outstanding credit on time. Easy comprehensive system to pay bills and frequent flyer credits. Fast telephone service if there is any problems. Automatic payment from another account to pay outstanding credit. Frequent flyer points are added automatically to Qantas. I assume other credit cards are okay but as I have used ANZ for over 30 years with no problems it suits me. Comprehensive list of all statements including CMC Stockmarket (originally Etrade).

Main Point of ContactOnline

Great for people who spend a lot of money on there credit card

I signed up for this credit 12 years ago. It was great then. Low yearly fees and you would get gift cards without being too expensive. Now it is hardly worth it. By the time I pay for having the rewards card and then having my husband as an adiditional cardholder. I have to spend 22,225 to get an $100.00 give card. And each year these fees and the gift cards get more expensive. Unless you send a lot of money you could make this card worthwhile.

Card Start DateSeptember 2005
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses

The ANZ Card not worth the value that represents as a rewards credit card

The card was used overseas, as international transaction fees does apply and it can be very expensive to use in day to day purchase.
As a customer not very useful as the rewards points are hard to attain over the lifecycle of the points system and threshold to redeem value long duration.
I hope ANZ continues to improves its rewards programme and revamps its market base in credit card rewards. The current reward point scheme is not benefiting customer experience or service added value.

Card Start DateOctober 2018
Main Point of ContactOnline
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses, Online Shopping and Overseas/Travel

No benefits

The access to lounges has never worked anywhere. The related “Veloce” website is atrocious. The only value add it the one with travel insurance.

shocking service for reward flights

I have had to change my flight twice.The price i have had to pay is only slightly cheaper then buying a whole new fair of the internet.Very disappointing and ripped off .Anz ill be moving all my banking .

Redeemed gift cards missing no way to trackit

Dont sign up with anz because their rewards program are so bad. I redeemed two gift card and gone missing i call up and ask anz have no idea where it gone.

They told me to write a story explain why it gone missing and post back to them for investigation.

I post the letter back to them and now over three week without any reply.

Anz reward customer service are so bad.

Bad Product, Worse Service

I was sold into a new credit card by Ravi, at the Pitt Street, Circular Quay bank with the promise of 75k bonus points. 1 year on and those points have become a measly $100 refund as they can't fulfil and offer that promotion due to the staff not knowing the product or having the ability to on-sell that to me because of my mortgage. Qucik way to lose customers and mortgages ANZ.

Worst rewards card ever

The card charges high fees but ANZ are also very scabby compared to other cards like Westpac. I was owed 75000 reward points and spent alot on my card however they made every excuse in the book not to allocate my points and the complaints teams did nothing to assist.

Expensive credit card with high fees for little benefit

Have had ANZ Rewards credit card for a few years & find it to have a very high annual fee for little return, but the killer is fees, the account was under limit but end of month int charge put it slightly over & you are hit a $20- OD Limit fee.
I must admit thought this type of fee is being regulated out. Just a money grab.
Bring on the Banking enquiry

Don't try and layback with this card.

My family went on a holiday to Italy in April, during this time I tried to use the “Airport lounge” offering on my card; I was advised at two separate Véloce establishments that this was not possible on the card; very embarrassing at the receptions counters. I rang the card concierge and received no assistance, he stated this was NOT a situation that he could rectify, and that this service was in the process or review; that’s all well and good, but ANZ has and STILL does advertise this as a feature to lure customer to use the card; yes?

Now; I have just return from another trip in August-September. I was solo this time and visited four lounges listed in the establishments available for access using my card; I was unable to utilise my card at any of these; one was not in operation, others did not allow entry with my card (embarrassment again), this was in UK, UAE, USA, Canada. I was advised twice that it’s likely the cards were accepted some time ago but not currently.

I do appreciate that ANZ does not manage this part of the offering; the bottom line here is you all should be aware that ANZ have still not sorted this situation; I called them and they could NOT verify that I would be able to use this promoted feature(next week). This also make me wonder what would happen if i tried to claim on the travel insurance offering, which is more than just discomfort!

Time for us to change our card service.

shady terms, points that dont get tracked properly and added, interest charged unless card is return

was miselad to beleive the rewards card i chose with my home loan package would still get the $250 gift card they offered, spent heaps on the card to find out months later they will not be sending me any gift card, seems deliberately misleading to get people to spend. interest free period doesnt work like other banks cards, they seem to charge on everything unless you bring the balance back to zero regardless when they last purchase was. extra points dont track properly and are rarely credited to my account, difficult to resolve. never had any such issues with rewards card with commbank for over 10 years, 4 months in and I'm not using this ANZ one again.

ANZ Rewards Travel Adventures card

Hi,
I'm very disappointed with this ANZ product; I even cancelled the card yesterday.
They offer a phoney (complimentary) travel insurance with the card, which I tried to utilise by contacting the insurer (QBE), but no response from either them or ANZ so far, not even an acknowledgment that I emailed the forms.
I also had a transaction dispute which they didn't handle well at all, and I'm still waiting for the verdict.
Overall, the only good thing about the product is its shiny cards, nothing more.

Cheers!