ANZ Smart Choice Super

ANZ Smart Choice Super

See the Best Retail Superannuation Funds in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for ANZ? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.2
  • Insurance Options
  • Income Protection
  • Rates and Fees

Evonne Y.
Evonne Y.Sydney, NSW

Low risk profile losing money

I put my portfolio 90% as cash and 10% as low risk investment in mid 2020 and still got negative return. We had nearly two years of strong markets! I don’t understand how they are consistently under performing throughout the high and low of the markets.anyway, leaving the fund. And no transparency.

Giorgio Giorgini
Giorgio GiorginiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Horrible, horrible, horrible performance

I was initially with ING Super and was satisfied with my super. It was since bought out by ANZ Smart Choice and what can I say? Under-performance is an UNDERSTATEMENT!

I understood CoVID was going to impact my super in a big way, and that it would bounce back. Well it almost did, and for the past 12-24 months I was hoping and wishing my super would bounce back to a respectable value . It goes up a little, then drops drastically. Goes up some more, then drops drastically again.

I am so tired of seeing the dwindling numbers in my ANZ app. It is beyond ridiculous.

Find yourself a more performant super fund. ANZ SmartChoice is for suckers.

Vitor Oba
Vitor ObaSouth East Queensland, QLD

I would give zero if it was possible

I would give zero if it was possible.

I asked to rollover my funds and they are not willing to do so. I provided all documents they requested, funds were not transferred to my SMSF and all answer I get from them is: still not processed

Thanks to them, I do a SMSF which I can't do anything with it since they are holding my super funds

Stay away from them

buick1946
buick1946Perth, WA

Consistent under performer in every time period

Insurance Options
Retail Superannuation Funds

Find out how ANZ Smart Choice Super compares to other Retail Superannuation Funds

Dylan
DylanSouth East Queensland, QLD

I’d give less then 1 star if possible

Made an absolute mission to change my dob so I could withdraw my super and go to someone better. Lost a fortune in fees and every email was replied by automated paragraphs

Colin
Colin

Extensive Fees, on Super

I advise people to check their account, as ANZ, are now charging a %, on the savings they have in their super account, I am moving my super away from them, in the last two months, they are now charging,, look to your accounts :::

Worst customer service

I tried to rollover to my SMSF. They blocked me 3 times. They literally said I didn't know how to sign my own name. I had to resubmit my rollover forms.

Then they informed me, they were not even ANZ. So I could not go to an ANZ branch to show i.d.

Totally misleading

Super Funds Awards 2022!

super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Adrian48
Adrian48None of your business

Worst ever

Had my Super with ANZ for all my career up till 4 years ago (25 years), changed to QSuper 4 years ago and in only 4 years my balance has gone up 50% ..i.e did better in 4 years than did with ANZ in 25 years. Yes I am in the Class Action being taken against ANZ for poor Superannuation performance and excessive fees. Dont go near these clowns.

Kitty W.
Kitty W.South East Queensland, QLD

Worst super ever! Do NOT do super with them

Zimbojack
ZimbojackWestern Australia

Reasonable fees and reasonable performance

The website for smart choice is good and easy to use. I have found their phone service ok. Their fees are still below 1% and performance is fair without being great.Have been with them for 5 years. For a retail fund I find their website to be very good, it is easy to switch between investment options online without any paperwork and your balance, fees and transactions are transparent. You may get slightly better returns and slightly lower fees in an industry fund but you may lose the benefits of the website, ease of changing investments etc, the grass is always greener on the other side.

David Hwang
David HwangSydney, NSW

Worst super provider ever

Cons: Firstly, they don't publish unit prices. Secondly, when I pulled my money out, they didn't even advise me via email that money had been rolled over into my new account, which meant I missed on market gains that were happening at the time ie I knew the share was about to bounce back, and was told that i would be notified by mail and email. Of course mail took two weeks, but email should have been less time.

Pros: Insurance payout for TPD is good and premiums reaosnable

Rob in SA
Rob in SAMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Seems Good to me

Returns are good, fees are low... after reading some other reviews, I realise most are in relation to Covid release... to be fair, I dont think any super fund would have been ready to service so many people looking to cash in. Im fortunate that I dont need to withdraw... and I can understand that some would be desperate... From an investment point of view, they are pretty good.. far better than AMP who I was with before.. and comparable with many other top performers.

Kam
KamSydney, NSW

Beware when withdrawing from ANZ SmartChoice

Chanel C.
Chanel C.Perth, WA

Retail super does not look after you

Superannuation don’t pay death and disability or income protection insurance there’s no point just read the PRODUCT DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT and lists everything they don’t cover. Online statements switched without asking. No good

Horrendous Service

So I have had super in Australia for 25 years. Its been changed from one fund to another about 4 x now, never am I consulted, its just changed. This time, I cant get access to my own account. I have called and was told to go and verify my self here in NZ at an ANZ bank here. They didn't know what I was talking about. I spent an hour, 4 calls getting shuffled from one idiot to another, because, they don't know how I can verify myself from NZ, but best of all, one guy, knowing I am in NZ asked me to get myself to an Australian counter to verify, we are in a pandemic and have to quarantines x 2 (2 weeks each cost $8000). I forgot HOW bad Australian call centers are.

Insurance Options