ANZ Smart Choice Super

Kitty W.South East Queensland, QLD

Worst super ever! Do NOT do super with them

Zimbojack
ZimbojackWestern Australia

Reasonable fees and reasonable performance

The website for smart choice is good and easy to use. I have found their phone service ok. Their fees are still below 1% and performance is fair without being great.Have been with them for 5 years. For a retail fund I find their website to be very good, it is easy to switch between investment options online without any paperwork and your balance, fees and transactions are transparent. You may get slightly better returns and slightly lower fees in an industry fund but you may lose the benefits of the website, ease of changing investments etc, the grass is always greener on the other side.

David Hwang
David HwangSydney, NSW

Worst super provider ever

Cons: Firstly, they don't publish unit prices. Secondly, when I pulled my money out, they didn't even advise me via email that money had been rolled over into my new account, which meant I missed on market gains that were happening at the time ie I knew the share was about to bounce back, and was told that i would be notified by mail and email. Of course mail took two weeks, but email should have been less time.

Pros: Insurance payout for TPD is good and premiums reaosnable

Retail Superannuation Funds

Find out how ANZ Smart Choice Super compares to other Retail Superannuation Funds

Rob in SA
Rob in SAMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Seems Good to me

Returns are good, fees are low... after reading some other reviews, I realise most are in relation to Covid release... to be fair, I dont think any super fund would have been ready to service so many people looking to cash in. Im fortunate that I dont need to withdraw... and I can understand that some would be desperate... From an investment point of view, they are pretty good.. far better than AMP who I was with before.. and comparable with many other top performers.

Kam
KamSydney, NSW

Beware when withdrawing from ANZ SmartChoice

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Chanel C.
Chanel C.Perth, WA

Retail super does not look after you

Superannuation don’t pay death and disability or income protection insurance there’s no point just read the PRODUCT DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT and lists everything they don’t cover. Online statements switched without asking. No good

Horrendous Service

So I have had super in Australia for 25 years. Its been changed from one fund to another about 4 x now, never am I consulted, its just changed. This time, I cant get access to my own account. I have called and was told to go and verify my self here in NZ at an ANZ bank here. They didn't know what I was talking about. I spent an hour, 4 calls getting shuffled from one idiot to another, because, they don't know how I can verify myself from NZ, but best of all, one guy, knowing I am in NZ asked me to get myself to an Australian counter to verify, we are in a pandemic and have to quarantines x 2 (2 weeks each cost $8000). I forgot HOW bad Australian call centers are.

Insurance Options
Steve
SteveMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very slow and not engaged whatsoever with customer focus its the year 2020 they hold onto your money like it's theirs

googoo
googooMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Smart Choice, I don't think so!

Have been with them since 2014 - keep getting tax contributions taken out years later - and an apology letter saying they forgot to do it in the year they were supposed to. FORGOT, crikey, they are a financial institution for heavens sake! Just had a couple of thousand taken out (without any advice to me) in 2020 for 2014!!!! Oops, they forgot to do it then. Has happened with 2015, 2017 as well apparently... Am moving my money asap. and all my accounts along with it.

Rude, disengaged, uninformed

So rude, unhelpful, uninterested, uninformed phone staff and actual superfund is not flexible or functional. DO NOT invest with these disengaged people. They had no interest in trying to advise or help at all. Am moving my funds elsewhere asap.

Wait times, service & communication

I applied for Covid 19 early release payment 10 days ago, received confirmation from My Govt that it will be processed and still no funds from ANZ. My partner and brother applied for theirs after me and have already received theirs days ago. Today I finally called them to see where my payment is. My bank account is with ANZ as well so it should be well and truely in my bank. Awaiting a response. Extremely poor as I have a lot more superannuation funds than my brother & partner do.

JasminSydney, NSW

Terrible waiting times

Ive been with this super fund for over a year and im very unsatisfied with the service, ive applyed for covid release been accepted and still waiting. Im with anz super transferring to anz bank.
Last week monday my gov said itd take 5 buisnuess days. 2 days later on wednesday anz messaged me theyve recieved word and it will take around 5 days. Its now the following week wednesday and im still waiting. Only thing im happy with is that i did not yet set an appointment for the dentist although need immediate care. Will be changing supers when i find re empolyment. I cant believe how long the transfer between anz super to anz account is.

Jasmin

Its been 7 buisnuess days and 10 normal days since they said itd take 5 around days

Grant
GrantSydney, NSW

Terrible customer service and performance

I have been with ANZ “Smart Choice” for 1 year now and I have had a number of poor experiences. The most recent is withdrawing super due to COVID 19. The process keeps getting drawn out with other super funds, including a couple of friends got theirs days ago. Please people stay away!! There’s a reason this super fund is rated 1 Star!!

Abraham
AbrahamSydney, NSW

Hostplus is much better option

Still waiting for my covid 19 super money and feel like they are trying to keep it for as long as they can! Why has it that anz customers are taking the longest to receive their super funds? ? Everyone knew it was coming! Told 5 to 10 then nowhere it's 14 days? Smells fishy and can't wait to change! Hostplus apparently have been helping a lot of people.

George T.
George T.South East Queensland, QLD

been of work since june 2019 its april 2020 less than 12 months 6 k in fees been in this super for 7 plus years

as can been seen by the 2 statments 6k in less than 12mnths .. just a rip off... i suffered major bike accident .. still not fit to go back to work .. but here is ANZ super ripping me off... should have stayed with sun super yep they would have taken by now $800 thats a lot less than 6k .. and i have no paper work from them stating why they taking money .. pure rip off

Dayvo
Dayvoasked

My super was automatically transferred from ing to anz super. What I find frustrating is I get all these emails from anz telling me how easy it is to check on.my super to see how it is performing on line .The problem is that I have been told i must bank with them to be able to access . Why should I open a new account or transfer my savings to anz .

Prasanna
Prasannaasked

Which super fund to go for i AM STUCK WITH anz?

That depends on what you want. It could be you want to run it yourself and need an SMSF fund, or you may want a fund without annual admin fees, or lots of life insurance, or nil life insurance, or a huge range of investment choices. I like my funds to send me updates regularly like my bank account does. Make a list of what you want and then go looking. Kenmore Financial provide professional financial advise if you need further help.

Patricia Randall
Patricia Randallasked

How many days will it take for my super to be released from smart choice Super ANZ?

W5739
W5739

A long long time well a couple of months. And every time you call and are on phone for 1 hour. They will tell you anything to get you off the phone.
Lie outright saying tonight you will have your money. Even treat Financial Advisers the same.
Very disappointed with ANZ.

See all ANZ Smart Choice Super questions