Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display 13-inch

Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display 13-inch

2017 (without Touch Bar), 2015 Early, 2017 (with Touch Bar), etc...

See the Best Laptops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Joseph.P

Joseph.PGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love my Macbook!

Lightning fast and super easy to use. Don't have to wait long for it to be ready to use and the Touchbar makes it so easy to find whatever you need to use.

Purchased in June 2019.

joseph

josephSydney, NSW

Great product. Love it a lot

Being a working individual who manages business online, this product is a great device that makes everything easy. Its easy access system such as Touch ID, password storing means that I can get to work faster each time I open my laptop.

Purchased in December 2018 at Apple Online store for $2,700.00.

Veronica B.

Veronica B.Sydney, NSW

Not good as my old MacBook

A little disappointed because the keyboard had problem and also the replacement of that caused other problem. I hope they will fix it because I was so happy with the old MacBook that lasts for 6 years!

Purchased in June 2017 at Apple Online store for $2,000.00.

leaf

leafSouth East Queensland, QLD

I love my macbook

This is my first MacBook, and my previous laptop was a had a 19" screen and was not a Mac. I love my Mac, as I have other Apple products and liked that I could sync all my products. I have a small business and use it extensively for my business. I like that it is just the right size, not heavy, and is slim line.

I have not had any problems with my MacBook so far.

Purchased at Myer Retail Stores.

FairLady

FairLadySydney, NSW

Defective base

The base of the laptop would click at times. I took it to apple store castle towers and the guy said they could open it up in a special dust free environment. I was not happy with this resolution offer. So, I had the guy put the problem in writing and took it to JB HiFi for an exchange. I had to buy a terabyte so that they could temporarily load the content into it. In hindsight, it would be better to buy it from apple store itself. The stress of having to go through it, it was not worth it.

Sunshine Coaster

Sunshine CoasterSouth East Queensland, QLD

Sreen poor

My daughters computer screen failed after 4 months. It was treated gently, clean and fastidiously looked after. Despite no visible damage to the screen itself or exterior case apple stated she caused the issue (damage to the screen). With an exam the following day I was forced to get it repaired. When I requested the screen I owned to be returned they refused. Poor service on a premium product

Purchased in November 2018 at Apple Online store for $3,400.00.

Deep

DeepMelbourne

Server-in-a-box

Can seamlessly run multiple Operating Systems using any virtualisation software like Parallels. The Touch Bar is quite handy and changes based on the active application. Battery life is good. Retina display and in-built speakers are top-notch.

Overall, this is the best laptop I have used so far in terms of improving productivity.

Purchased in November 2018 at Apple Store Australia for $4,000.00.

Charles C.

Charles C.Sydney, NSW

Excellent product

I’ve wanted a MacBook for a while now because of the build quality and the simplicity of the OS. I spend an average 6 hours a day using it for college and the battery still has a fair charge left. The screen looks great. Apple does a great job of integrating their products. Being able to unlock my laptop using my watch is great. It’s pricy, but I guess you’re also paying for the brand.

Purchased in April 2019.

Erwin

ErwinSydney, NSW

Good dependable laptop for everyday use.

Use it mainly for music editing, email and internet browsing. I bought it refurbished at the apple store and it does have a good battery life and speed. Been using it for two years now.

Purchased in August 2017 at Apple Online store for $2,700.00.

Akash

AkashSydney, NSW

Overheats but amazing

This laptop gets hot. I mean burning hot. But everything else is pure genius. This laptop is my daily driver and the laptop I'm using to write this review. Software and hardware side I've had no issues except that my butterfly keyboard sometimes gets stuck. Other than that it runs Mac OS which is amazing and everything is lightning fast, just the way it should be.

Purchased in June 2018 at Apple Store Australia for $1,900.00.

Paul

PaulPerth, WA

So far, so good.

Pretty happy overall as a long time macbook pro user.
Heard some negative things about the keyboard, but it hasnt been an issue so far.
Everything is running great, fast and powerful.
I dont use the touch bar.. seems unnecessary. Bit of a novelty.
Much thinner and lighter than my previous model.

Purchased in April 2019 at Apple Store Australia.

Chloe C.

Chloe C.Sydney, NSW

Love it so much!

I bought this laptop after much research and deliberation. It was expensive but works like a pro. My only issue is that the battery life isn't fantastic, it will last me the whole day but can get pretty low if I've been using it a lot (I know some people that have the one with no touch bar who say the battery lasts longer). I also sometimes doubt how useful the touch bar is, I do use it but not as much as what I should! Overall though, I am very happy, this laptop goes wherever I go!!!

Purchased in March 2018.

HCMcFinley

HCMcFinleyAdelaide

Best laptop I have owned

Purchased in January 2017.

PAC

PACAU

Powerful for the size.

This is my second fully spec'ed 13inch top of the line MacBook Pro. I tried the 15 inch because it was higher spec, but I returned it because it was too heavy and large to lug around.

Purchased in March 2019 at Apple Store Australia for $4,400.00.

John

JohnSydney, NSW

Expensive repairs

When it works it's great but when you need repairs $$$$$$ so expensive . Much better off with most other computers with a good ssd drive. Not worth the money and since Steve jobs isn't around service is also gone. Unfortunately now it's a run around to get anything sorted . Screen from $800 to $1100. Once kids done at school will be happy never to see another apple product and we have 5 loads 3 iPhones MacBook pro.....

Purchased in July 2017 at Officeworks Online store for $1,800.00.

Stepheats

StepheatsLaunceston, TAS

Would not use any other brand of computer

This is the second Macbook I have owned, my first having lasted from 2012-2017 and only broke because I dropped it and cracked the screen. As a full time engineering student a reliable computer is a must, and I can safely say this is very reliable. It is fast, ergonomic, well designed and overall one of the best laptops available.

Purchased in March 2018 at JB Hi-Fi.

Rubbish quality and higly unreliable

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

pgeee

pgeeeMelbourne

Works as it should but wait !

So the item works fine, not fast or slow, just another computer, albeit costing more than the equivalent power windows notebooks. But I learned today the SSD is vulnerable to breaking down. Mass Recall !

My other macbook pro had a cracked screen because it had a sheet of paper in it when it was closed once. That cost 700 dollars to replace. Seems the screens are very fragile along with the SSD.

Giving it one star because of above

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Chris

ChrisAdelaide

Excellent product, however quite overpriced!

I have been a mac user for years, so buying another macbook was a simple decision. This laptop is definitely a step-up from the previous macbook pro with retina display from previous years. It took a little while to get used to the thin keyboard, however now I actually think it is easier to type on. My complaint is that this product is far too expensive for the components it has.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Bo0728

Bo0728Perth

Apple is not cheap but always reliable

I bought this second-hand MacBook pro retina screen in may 2018. as I have really good experience with apple, this laptop never let me disappointed. Thin body and good structural design, it is still one of the best-looking laptops in 2018. Additionally, the performance of the MacBook still remains at a really good level as well as the battery. I would highly recommend to everyone who has been tired of Windows!

Date PurchasedMar 2018