Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display 13-inch

Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display 13-inch

2017 (with Touch Bar), 2017 (without Touch Bar), 2012 Late, 2013 Early, 2013 Late and 4 more

Sreen poor

My daughters computer screen failed after 4 months. It was treated gently, clean and fastidiously looked after. Despite no visible damage to the screen itself or exterior case apple stated she caused the issue (damage to the screen). With an exam the following day I was forced to get it repaired. When I requested the screen I owned to be returned they refused. Poor service on a premium product

Purchased in November 2018 at Apple Online store for $3,400.00.

Server-in-a-box

Can seamlessly run multiple Operating Systems using any virtualisation software like Parallels. The Touch Bar is quite handy and changes based on the active application. Battery life is good. Retina display and in-built speakers are top-notch.

Overall, this is the best laptop I have used so far in terms of improving productivity.

Purchased in November 2018 at Apple Store Australia for $4,000.00.

Excellent product

I’ve wanted a MacBook for a while now because of the build quality and the simplicity of the OS. I spend an average 6 hours a day using it for college and the battery still has a fair charge left. The screen looks great. Apple does a great job of integrating their products. Being able to unlock my laptop using my watch is great. It’s pricy, but I guess you’re also paying for the brand.

Purchased in April 2019.

Good dependable laptop for everyday use.

Use it mainly for music editing, email and internet browsing. I bought it refurbished at the apple store and it does have a good battery life and speed. Been using it for two years now.

Purchased in August 2017 at Apple Online store for $2,700.00.

Overheats but amazing

This laptop gets hot. I mean burning hot. But everything else is pure genius. This laptop is my daily driver and the laptop I'm using to write this review. Software and hardware side I've had no issues except that my butterfly keyboard sometimes gets stuck. Other than that it runs Mac OS which is amazing and everything is lightning fast, just the way it should be.

Purchased in June 2018 at Apple Store Australia for $1,900.00.

So far, so good.

Pretty happy overall as a long time macbook pro user.
Heard some negative things about the keyboard, but it hasnt been an issue so far.
Everything is running great, fast and powerful.
I dont use the touch bar.. seems unnecessary. Bit of a novelty.
Much thinner and lighter than my previous model.

Purchased in April 2019 at Apple Store Australia.

Love it so much!

I bought this laptop after much research and deliberation. It was expensive but works like a pro. My only issue is that the battery life isn't fantastic, it will last me the whole day but can get pretty low if I've been using it a lot (I know some people that have the one with no touch bar who say the battery lasts longer). I also sometimes doubt how useful the touch bar is, I do use it but not as much as what I should! Overall though, I am very happy, this laptop goes wherever I go!!!

Purchased in March 2018.

Best laptop I have owned

The design for this laptop is light and compact, which is an essential factor for those having to carry a full backpack. In terms of functionality, it operates much faster than other laptops I have owned (all with Windows operating systems), and throughout the 2 years of use, it has not exhibited one single glitch. Personally, I find it quite sturdy as no noticeable damage has been caused by rough handling - I frequently put it into my unpadded bag (without a case) and then sometimes accidentally set the bag quite firmly on a hard floor, as well as leaving it in a hot car repeatedly. During operation it is whisper-quiet, and I have not yet noticed it emitting a high amount of heat, an attribute which differs from all my previous laptops. One other noticeable difference is that following a fairly quick charge, it has an impressive ability of maintaining battery life. However, the most striking difference between this MacBook and all my previous laptops and computers is that it has not lagged in terms of function in any way over time.

Purchased in January 2017.

Powerful for the size.

This is my second fully spec'ed 13inch top of the line MacBook Pro. I tried the 15 inch because it was higher spec, but I returned it because it was too heavy and large to lug around.

Purchased in March 2019 at Apple Store Australia for $4,400.00.

Expensive repairs

When it works it's great but when you need repairs $$$$$$ so expensive . Much better off with most other computers with a good ssd drive. Not worth the money and since Steve jobs isn't around service is also gone. Unfortunately now it's a run around to get anything sorted . Screen from $800 to $1100. Once kids done at school will be happy never to see another apple product and we have 5 loads 3 iPhones MacBook pro.....

Purchased in July 2017 at Officeworks Online store for $1,800.00.

Would not use any other brand of computer

This is the second Macbook I have owned, my first having lasted from 2012-2017 and only broke because I dropped it and cracked the screen. As a full time engineering student a reliable computer is a must, and I can safely say this is very reliable. It is fast, ergonomic, well designed and overall one of the best laptops available.

Purchased in March 2018 at JB Hi-Fi.

Rubbish quality and higly unreliable

I bought this MacBook pro around 2.5 years ago and did not use much only a hours a day. The laptop started playing up a week ago and then completely dead. I took it to the apple store, they did check and find out there might be a battery issue,(seriously the battery screwed up in 2.5 years with minimum use) next week I received a call that it has been fixed and I have to pay 7 hundreds DOLLARS.
I said your tech told me that he is going to call me to let me know how much it gonna cost me and without my consent you fixed and charging me 700 plus charge.
This company is a completely RIPP OFF and can't trust anymore,my Lenovo is 5 years old and still running like a brand new with 6-7 hours battery life and never took to the repair center once,, I am putting this MAC in the bin.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Works as it should but wait !

So the item works fine, not fast or slow, just another computer, albeit costing more than the equivalent power windows notebooks. But I learned today the SSD is vulnerable to breaking down. Mass Recall !

My other macbook pro had a cracked screen because it had a sheet of paper in it when it was closed once. That cost 700 dollars to replace. Seems the screens are very fragile along with the SSD.

Giving it one star because of above

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Excellent product, however quite overpriced!

I have been a mac user for years, so buying another macbook was a simple decision. This laptop is definitely a step-up from the previous macbook pro with retina display from previous years. It took a little while to get used to the thin keyboard, however now I actually think it is easier to type on. My complaint is that this product is far too expensive for the components it has.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Apple is not cheap but always reliable

I bought this second-hand MacBook pro retina screen in may 2018. as I have really good experience with apple, this laptop never let me disappointed. Thin body and good structural design, it is still one of the best-looking laptops in 2018. Additionally, the performance of the MacBook still remains at a really good level as well as the battery. I would highly recommend to everyone who has been tired of Windows!

Date PurchasedMar 2018

I honestly can't fault this

Purchased this in December 2017 after being fed up with my slow Lenovo Windows laptop. Yes, it's price is hard to swallow, but it's made up for in performance, design, build quality and of course, the software. If you are in the Apple ecosystem, the MBP will be a no-brainer! Even without owning other Apple products (at the time of purchase), this was still on my 'to buy' list. Some would say that I should've coughed up for the Touch Bar, but I think it's unnecessary (base model is fine). One thing to note is it doesn't have your traditional ports- instead the base model comes with 2 Thunderbolt 3 (USB C type) ports, which you'll need an adapter for if you want to plug basically anything in. This is something I'm willing to deal with though as the MacBook Pro is a great, reliable laptop capable of achieving what I want to achieve.

I would consider myself to be somewhat impatient when it comes to load times- and I can testify that that isn't an issue with this laptop. Everything loads in an instant- it will most certainly outperform any Windows laptop you've probably owned. Boot times are also excellent thanks to its fast SSD (which comes in configurations of 128, 256, 512GB or 1TB).

Overall, this is a great laptop I'd recommend in a heartbeat!

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Three weeks old keyboard is broken and the battery does not last.

Every word I am writing I must stop to press the touch bar. If I do notdothisthisiswhat happens. Sometimes ifseflcorrects itself and other times itdoesnot. As You Can SEE here. Plus the battery simply does not last the day as promised. Apple a once quality company sadly no more. Plus they have changed the input to their Plugs

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Crashed after 3 months

Bought this Mac Pro for my daughter for her uni and it crashed after 3 months during her exams week. She has to wait for 5 working days before it will be fixed even with warranty and apple care on it. we end up buying another laptop to get to her exams week. NEVER AGAIN

Date PurchasedMar 2017

By far the best current design

The screen might not be 4k but the resolution is outstanding 2k is enough for a 13 inch screen, the keyboard feels solid can’t find a better one to compare the model I bought is customise with 16 Gb of Ram so the performance is impressive, it helps the apple apfs file system inside MacOs so the interface in my opinion is flawless, so light so compact I can’t find anything to whinge about I’m not a big fan of the usb type C but apparently is the future quite tiny for such capabilities, I’ve been working with Apple since 2000 I cannot expected less than this minimalistic and still powerful machine.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

So far so good

I got the new MacBook Pro before travelling europe. I have had it for about a year and a half and haven't had any issues with it yet. It was the perfect size for travelling as the computer easily fit in my bag and came out of 6 months of travelling unscathed. My only issue is sometimes if you are running large games it can slow down a little, but nothing too bad.

Date PurchasedDec 2016