Aqua Systems 45m Hose Reel Cart

Aqua Systems 45m Hose Reel Cart

See the Best Garden Hoses in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Aqua Systems? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.3
Luppo
LuppoSydney Surrounds, NSW

Aqua Hose Reel

I have purchased 3 of these 20M hose reels from Bunnings over the last 2 years and each time the winding handle snaps off. You cannot get a replacement and have to buy a whole new system. I have a complete set up still in it's box from my third purchase as all I needed was the winder. Now it has broken on the 3rd unit, I need to start all over again and have to throw a brand new unit, without a handle away. Really poor quality.

Purchased in January 2020 for $21.00.

Mick
MickHunter Region, NSW

This is rubbish!

This is rubbish, the supplied screws don't tighten they just screw through the plastic and into oversized holes in the metal tube to stop them sliding out of the connectors. No handle was supplied either

Purchased in October 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Other Garden Hoses

shame on bunnings for selling rubbish

i bought 2 last week. nothing lines up and it is impossible to assemble. i can return one to bunnings as i havent opened the box but the other was just a waste of a lot of time and money...i should have read the reviews!

Purchased in June 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $21.00.

Anne S.
Anne S.Perth, WA

Rubbish

I can't even get the parts to fit together, Screw holes do not line up, Thought it was a good buy but wished I had checked review before buying, total waste of money.

Purchased in April 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $21.00.

Nohose
NohoseLondon

Garbage - save your money

Screws heads threaded, and then plastic shattered while trying to assemble. here's a little poem: When the Elf of Wembley bought a self-assembly hose-reel, he didn't feel he'd thrown away his cash, but when he tried to assemble, it quickly came to resemble a pile of plastic trash. You're welcome.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Wayne
WayneMelbourne

Utter trash

We purchased 2 of these. 1 broke during assembly: the plastic tripoint on the side cracked when I tried to insert the leg assembly. Now, less than a year later, both have failed on the same night: one had the winder break, the other had the other plastic tripoint break. Do not buy; you may think you are getting a good deal, but you will be wasting your money.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
miles00
miles00

Seems like mine did well. Lasted around a year, but only used infrequently.

The hose reel swivel failed on my Aqua Systems hose reel today, The housing distorted and the top swivel now falls out of the mounting hole. Annoying that there is so much junk for sale! I would expect something like this to last at least 5 years, considering the infrequent usage.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
HenryMelbourne

Aqua Systems 20mt Retractable Hose

Limited warranty info, no time period given, and all it says is that it is guaranteed 'fit for purpose'. It has a flimsy plastic mounting bracket (see follow up) . The swivel pin is also low grade plastic and is too short causing the entire unit to come out. The hose itself is poor quality and kinks easily. Would recommend cutting hose length back to 15 meters ti reduce overall weight on bracket.

Other Garden Hoses

Aqua 30 meter garden retractable hose reel .

Unfortunately I have just installed a Aqua reel today only to immediately have problems . 1- had so much trouble with the screws , the reason being that the dia. Is too large .2 - Could not retract the hose as easily as would have liked. 3 - The hose DID NOT rewind evenly causing it to catch in the housing so as now I am having trouble pulling it out. 4-The nozzle pop - off whilst using it. I most sincerely hope that I will be able fix the problems quickly as the hoes reel was bought for my elderly mum to make life easier for her.

BJG
BJGBrisbane

Didn't last a month

Issues began upon installation. The reel (30m) was too heavy for the bracket and began to sag.
I have yet to get the 30m of hose out. The system kinks the hose and mechanism is poorly constructed.
The retractable component does not take all of the hose back inside and and when it does, it retracts with such force that the housing bounces and then jumps out of the (sagging) bracket and onto the ground. Currently only enough hose becomes available to wash the car and go no further - it appears to be locked or twisted internally.

Rex Hawthorn
Rex Hawthorn

Poor quality - it broke in two places

The reel developed a crack which snagged the hose when rewinding and the reel pulled out of the winding axle due to insufficient thread. I should stop buying Aqua System products but the are cheap.

caveat_emptor
caveat_emptorAU

Junk

I bought this brand of hose reel cart 3 years ago from Bunnings and it functioned well but the metal parts became rusty. I thought that was reasonable considering that it cost $20 so I decided to buy another. The new model is flimsier than the previous model and the metal parts are held into the plastic Y-joints by screws which is inferior to the previous model. The assembly instructions are not good and the information and diagram of the elbow are incorrect. Water leaks from the elbow unit under pressure. I won't be buying this junk again!!

BoofsaDog
BoofsaDogSydney, NSW

It Broke

It's cheap but I thought I'd give it a go.

Assembly was pretty easy and once put together it looked the goods. Able to hold 45m of 12mm hose and I put 35m on it.

Used it a couple of times and I thought I was on a winner.

When I used it the third time it broke - didn't even last a month. I had about 20m of hose out and while I was winding it in something snapped. I was winding the handle but the reel wasn't turning.

Looks like I'll have to pay more for better quality (and more metal).
Cheap, Portable, Description Sounded Promising