Asgard

Asgard

See the Best Retail Superannuation Funds in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Catalina

CatalinaVictoria

Worst performing fund ever

My mistake for not checking on my super, but this fund just takes money and gives no return, dont ever use them and my money has just gone backwards since I started

Rates and Fees

USELESS

This company is a joke. I will be removing my superannuation. Couldn't even change my address via phone because I couldn't remember details that were set up over a decade ago. Staff were rude and unhelpful. Will never use this company again.

Matt

MattPerth, WA

Cost me money

Was with this super provider for many years as my previous employer organized a " deal".
In short it cost me alot of money over many years before I realized and switched providers.
Looking at the numbers is shocking as there was a decline in my super funds over many years. I guess it's something alot of us don't pay attention to until its too late.

Michael S.

Michael S.South East Queensland, QLD

Only people who make money from Asgard are the Financial Planners

Was with them for 10 years super and investments - lost $200,000 on investments and the net return on super was $0 - i.e. I put more money in then my balance when I rolled over. They are garbage avoid like the plague. Have extraordinarily high fees which they pass on to advisers.... that's why advisers like them

Avoid Asgard

Closing my account with them took over 2 months, they were deliberately stalling the process to keep the funds from me. Backward and unorganized establishment do not trust them with your hard earned funds! Shocking experience, absolute bunch of cowboys.

Pete

PeteSydney, NSW

50% increase year on year on my life insurance fees!! What a joke

Been with Asgard for three years and yet another increase on my life insurance from $75 per month to $112.85 per month for 2019. 50% increase and no cover increase !

Income Protection

Making huge fees and investment loss every year

This superfund is even worse than a Ponzi scheme. I am very upset with this fund after losing $2000 dollars for useless insurances that were sold as a package. Never again! I will change a fund today.

Grunter

GrunterPerth

Late and Beligerent

Asgard banked a cheque for insurance i was contemplating taking out 18 years ago (and failed to refund me at the time). Years later i closed my associated superannuation and they (again) failed to rollover that amount (which they later say was lost. Now they send me a cheque (with a tiny amount of interest) which they say is meant to compensate me for 18 years of fiscal failure on their part. When i lodged a complaint they actively stonewall and won’t answer my questions. Bad company, reporting mismanagement to the regulator.

Donna Curnow

Donna CurnowPerth, WA

Salary Continuance Claim- Poor service..protracted delays.

ATN

ATNnorth sydney

Deceptive commercial business

It's hidden fees and charges made me lost all my super contributions for 3 year!!! It's worst business full of indecency and deceptive conduct. It should have been reported to recent Royal Commission and audited by APRA carefully in details in ceasing further loss for both existing and previous innocent customers.

JEAN

JEAN

Stay away with this crook service

Been with asgard since 2010 but recently I found fees are very high on top of advisor fees. I asked many times to change and review my investment but they refused and very rude over the phone. Lost more than 4000 $ on fees and management. Please avoid Asgard . Now I change to other super and paying less than asgard. AVOID this Crook Service.

Crap service stay away

Been with them about 7 years. They just took more money out off my account rang asgard and was told interest rate changes all over world and all this other crap to many charges. My super simple low cost investment that changes as you move through like thats the letter I got July 2017.

Finally I have one chosen super fund

I have had many super funds, and since my Mum passed away I have made a conscious effort to roll everything into one. My Asgard fund was the choice, I have an adviser to manage the fund which is the most suitable option with Asgard. I give it 5 stars for now, and will monitor it over the rest of the financial year. But in terms of accessability with information about my account, and the ease in which I was able to move everything over was seamless. Here's hoping

PiStep

PiStepPerth, Western Australia

Good platform for wrapping up all investments

Asgard is a quality option for the right investors

The highest Fees rate I have heard of!

Their fees were equivalent to approx half the Employer contribution amount each 6 month period and 6 times the tax taken out! Recommended by financial adviser! I wonder how much he was getting as a kickback? They should definitely be investigated! Left them after wife kept nagging...and for good reason. My Super was dwindling but their fees never altered!

Luke Beholm

Luke BeholmMelbourne

Stay Away

10 Years ago my first employer signed me up to Asgard, I didn't really know much about it. My next employer signed me up to Aus Super (Thank God!) and now when you start to learn about super and how I have money that's sitting with Asgards not growing and actually just losing money from Fees it's time to combine it. It's been 2 years of trying to get them combined, and Asgard are doing everything they can not release the funds. I've never received a statement or any information until 8 years later of being with them. I'll keep trying to have the funds removed from their control, but I suggest staying far far away from them.

Joe

JoePerth, WA

Do not use this company

Nuckkagod

NuckkagodHell

Super thiefs

I needed my super a year ago it took one year to transfer super from one company to Asgard get a statement and withdraw my funds plus I got taxed on money that was never due to be taxed and a fee of $110 for there hard work plus $100 missing beside the tax figure. I hate super and don't believe in it the way the world is its a struggle to see 30 for most I shouldn't have to have a spine injury or claim tpd to have my funds available top tip for the new generations make your own super fund with our own rules. Don't trust anyone.

G.L

G.LBrisbane

Simply wouldn't recommend them at all!

Got roped into this fund by my then financial advisor, didn't really put much thought into it initially as I was dealing with a family death and simply (foolishly) trusted their judgement. Fast forward two years and minimal returns and communication. I finally received my statement and went through it, I was horrified to see how much I was losing in fees and advisor commissions! Now I know why she'd recommended me this fund she was cleaning up off my super! Avoid these guys like the plague, only people who make any sort of money are the fund itself and the advisors who are skimming off the top of your super!

Dale Sharpe

Dale Sharpeasked

We have approx 350,000 sitting in a account with a bank making about 2%, this is on top of a fairly moderate super fund. We would like to know of a secure investment that would give us more interest without risk we are both 80 years old. The super fund is with asgard through a financial adviser but would prefer to deal direct saving fee's ??

jane

janeasked

We were in first state super when we were advised by a manager at St George bank to see their financial advisor. We on his advise, as he went out into his own business, transferred to Asgard. His and their fees have always shocked me and after 5 years have about the same amount as we gave them. Have now lost 25000 in last 14 days. we are retiring next March. Rang and spoke to advisor re my terror of this situation he abruptly said it will turn around but we do not have 10 years or so for this to happen. Where do we go from here?

Anonymous

Anonymousasked

Recently Asgard changed my super investment option, they had done it with lots of notice however I had found a discrepancy in my statement which is the issue, after contacting them they had advised me that there was an issue with the unit price at time of transfer and this is why the total super showing is (aprox 20%) less. Have any other current or past custormers of theirs had this issue? I have since moved the remaining funds away from them to another superfund.

sue k

They have done the same to my son. I have written an email to them asking them to return the money they have stolen. They will refuse. I then will go to the Superannuation Complaints Tribunal and lodge a complaint with my email and their reply.

G'day anonymous. I have not heard of this problem. A daily history of the unit price you are disputing for the period at the time of the transaction could assist. If you are unable to get from Asgard (as you have moved your funds) you could try the relevant investment manager external to Asgard. I'm sure this action is not intentional but human error so get your proof (not whining like Sue K response) and keep pushing for your refund. I hope that helps.

sue k

Interesting that "Facts not whingeing" has only written one response and one review with 4 stars for Asgard. My sons "Fact" No 1. On the 9/6/17, my son had $13,405.96 in his ASGARD Super account. "Fact" No 2. On the 11/6/17, after moving him to another Account without his permission, he now has $10,970.59 in his account. After net earnings of $427.84 for the year. You seem to be a full bottle on all things ASGARD. What would your response be if this was your one and only Superannuation Account? His ex-boss opened it, so no idea who the relevant investment manager is. I'll await your informed reply.

Get an answer from our members and Asgard representatives