1.4

1.2

Kerry
KerryGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC7 posts

Asgard and any Financial Adviser who recommends them

Asgard managed the pension fund of a deceased relative. The reports I receive indicated that their investment portfolio was below par in comparison to other high performance funds. Further, they have a tardy administration process citing whatever they can find to delay the sell down of the investments. They were singularly the biggest hurdle in finalising the estate. On that basis, I would never place my funds with them and would move on from any financial adviser who recommended them over higher performance funds and at the very least, request the financial adviser to declare their commission.
deleteGeelong

Extremely bad service. Avoid at all costs

It's taken nearly seven years for Asgard to finalise a deceased estate superannuation account - and we're still going. Unless you want to go through the same lack of service, I recommend you avoid this product and find a better alternative.

Update: I've received an emailed response from Asgard that has incorrect account information and even worse, a pdf version of a letter that is addressed to a private third party. If poor record keeping and serious privacy breaches are your go, this is the company for you.

Asgard

What a bad fund to be in.
Asgard left me in 2 funds that they no longer taking on new clients .
Returns were terrible and after 17 years with asgard l left.
So bad that when l sold it down to cash they were still taking fees out of my account.
Asgard financial advisers must be making a fortune as l certainly wasn't.
Was never offered any other products when l said l was leaving asgard.
Now l am with a new SMSF and new financial advisor and the difference is unbelievable as is the money l am making.
My advise is steer clear of asgard as long as their advisors get paid they don't clear less.
Russell
Russell South East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Don’t trust Asgard

Asgard have no interest in your deadline transferring your money.
Billsydney13 posts

So Improved Not Funny

Best Admin Team - Over 750 Investment Options, easy site to use, cheaper fees than industry funds ... Read some comments from people who do not like what is called Privacy !!
Barbara
BarbaraCanberra 2600, ACT11 posts

DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER DEALING WITH THEM

My mother passed away leaving a small amount of money with Asgard. After at least 10 emails and a similar number of phone calls, I am no closer to even receiving the forms I need to complete than I was a month ago. Mum's financial planner apologised for ever using Asgard so the advice is pretty clear. DO NOT INVEST WITH THEM !!!!
Unsatisfied customer
Unsatisfied customer5 posts

If there was a negative star, I would give it

I closed my Asgard account as I got tired of watching my superannuation decline, plus the massive fees to my financial provider tipped things over the edge. Today I followed up on my request emailed at the end of December, and to my horror - IT WAS NOT RECEIVED. They have a dedicated email address for Payment Requests. Thankfully they have a recovery team - no wonder if this is standard problem - who are looking into it. If I don't get these funds into my bank account by the end of the month, I am in dire straits as this money is required for business investment purposes. I am beyond angry
Garry B.
Garry B.North-West & West coast, TAS2 posts

Don't try lodging a complaint against Asgard's service delivery

Complaints are answered with "we are sorry to hear of your complaint and the inconvenience you have been put to". The actual complaint is not addressed and you are blocked from replying to or commenting on what Asgard considers to be the appropriate response to your initial complaint.
Tommy
TommySydney, NSW

Disasterous

These guys are not on your side, they take with both hands, grubby, greedy and hungry. Say no more, no returns for 15 years .
Mark474Perth16 posts

One star is too generous

Long term member of the pension fund and nothing but huge losses year on year, and all this for $950.00 a MONTH for management fees, what a colossal rip off. Moved over to another and positive returns right away. If you’re thinking of these thieves, don’t!. If you’re with them, get out and protect what you may have left. Good luck!
Eve
EveSydney, NSW

Asgard's lack of positive returns on supers investment over the last decade

Shows Asgard is seriously mishandling our financial futures and retirements by mismanaging our finances. Don't let Asgard Financial ruin your finances like they did with mine.
They are a firm to avoid at all costs.
Terry
TerryWide Bay-Burnett, QLD2 posts

Ned Kelly Accomplices

Head office of Asgard should be in Glenrowan Vic. Then edward kelly could keep an eye on them. Administration is so incompetent. ! Member for 12 years . Should have been 11 years at the most.
Julzy
JulzyCanberra4 posts

1 is definitely too high

Asgard ties up funds for months without explanation. Incredibly poor customer interactions. Amazing that trusted advisory firms continue to use them. My inheritance has been in limbo for months now.
Jonno
Jonno

Useless

I too have a employee super through Asgard for about 10 years. They once 'lost' my super somehow and found it again. Recently I have received a letter from them saying their super has failed the annual performance assessment (APA)...awesome.... Im almost 53 and my super has gone backwards. Also in the letter they have told me that they are transferring my super to BT Super ( Westpac I do believe) who is equally as bad!!
Dont use them..one star is too generous
Adam