Asko D5424

Asko D5424 Questions & Answers

D5424SS (Stainless Steel), D5424WH (White)

39 questions from our users

Topcat

Topcatasked

My Asko is not draining completely and the motor will not switch off. My only option is to disconnect the device. I then try and soak up the remaining water. Still no joy.

Lina Soares

I think if it is not draining out completely look at the under cupboard the tubing should be lower so the water runs through. I had a similar problem and adjusted the kink in the tubing and is ok till now. Good luck

Anthony J.

Anthony J.asked

My D5424 displays LOC with a key under it how do I clear this

Gail Taylor

Gail Taylorasked

Found a deteriorated ring sized rubber &don’t know where it came from?

Deborah R.

Deborah R.asked

Problem with not draining showing F12 symbol

Lina Soares

The problem of drainage solved. I need the machanic from ASKO come to my place to fix the standing bench top sent by the factory. Please call me Lina On mob 0450520648 as soon as possible. This was in the design asked but they supplied the cover later with no one come yet to fix the cover. Thanks. Lina Soares

Please call me on 0450520648 to fix
the cover of the dishwasher thanks
Lina

Steve-man

Steve-manasked

I am getting three columns of three horizontal bars in the start-stop window and they're flashing. No mention of this in the manual. What's up?

Lindsey D.
Lindsey D.

Me too, did you ever solve it?

Peterasked

The main wash detergent compartment catch has come out of our machine; we found it on the bottom of the washer. We can push it back but it doesn’t lock in. Any ideas?

Mal M

Sorry Peter, I can't help with that, my machine just doesn't clean. I've tried different detergents,
Less dishes. I think it's just a dud model compared to earlier Asko dishwashers.

Peter

No problems Mal. Ours works fine - except for this!

Annie

Annieasked

overfilling

Mal M

No, it's not from overfilling. We have tried half full, liquid and tablet detergents.

Keith

Keithasked

D5424WH (White)

I have an ASKO D5424 with f12 fault , have checked inlet water flow and removed and tested inlet water valve in the machine( opens when power applied) . Is there anything else to check easily? Thanks Keith

Vicki

Vickiasked

D5424WH (White)

Has anyone had trouble with your ask dishwasher stopping mid cycle? have tried it on a few cycles - goes for about 30mins and stops. Like the cycle has to restart

Patrick

Patrickasked

D5424SS (Stainless Steel)

When I use dishwashing pods, sometimes the pods don't dissolve and I find them in the cutlery tray or still in the detergent holder. Should I only be using liquid detergent?

Yvonne
Yvonne

I use the Aldi brand ("Logix) of tablet and it works perfectly does the same or better job than the well-known ones and costs a fraction of the price of the others. Even though it is recommended to put the tablet in the detergent holder, I have just put it in the bottom of the dishwasher so it is being dissolved from the start and that worked well too.

Blade38

We stopped using pods earlier on and now use dishwasher powder that you can purchase from Coles or Aldi. In addition we put 2-3 capfuls of vinegar into the liquid holder and this combination works well and is cheap!

Jennyrenz

Jennyrenzasked

D5424WH (White)

Our Asko D5424 starts a cycle but about 10-20mins into the cycle it stops and the timer reverts back to the complete cycle time. Water is left in the bottom. No error code is displayed. Filters are clean and hoses clear. It has happened all of a sudden. Dishwasher is about 5 yrs old and until now hasn't missed a beat. Can anyone help?

Stephen
Stephen

Hi Jenny. Our problems were a little different. The cycle would start (drain and fill with water) and then nothing. The timer would continue to countdown and a slight buzzing sound could be heard from the controller, the tablet would drop. Sometimes it would start again later as normal but generally not. What we found is that if we left the door ajar during the day, never closing it except for a cycle, the machine would work, sometimes for weeks. I assumed maybe moisture was getting into controller/electrics as when the door is shut all day the inside is quite damp/humid. Our timer never reverted. I am guessing when you start the cycle again the machine drains, fills and continues until you have your problem. Sorry I don't know the answer but, having had two of these, getting five years out of one seems about as good as it gets. You could try to not use the machine for a few days (let it dry right out) and see if it then works ... good luck!

leapup
leapup

Yes, this sounds like my last two Askos. We got about 3 years out of each of them. They are not built like they used to be and I would not recommend them any more. Both our machines had mother board issues.

Anthany Easked

Hello,
I've had a few problems with my ASKO dishwasher, almost from the day I purchased it. For example, the movable rails on the bottom tray kept falling over, and from time to time, the Finish tablet was not released fully from the chamber and left a sticky mess on the inside of the machine's door. Consequently, I needed to put the machine through another wash cycle. At present, my ASKO dishwasher is just over 2 years old and has suddenly stopped heating the water in the machine. So, the dishes are not washed and the Finish tablet ejects in complete shape when the door is opened. I suspect that the problem may be the thermostat. If so, what would be the cost to fix? Any thoughts on why this has happened to a $1000 plus dishwasher in such a short time?

Hi,
The bottom tray does the same thing on ours sadly.
When the wash finishes, are the dishes etc hot? If the dishes aren’t hot, then could be a thermostat or a heater like you suggest I guess. And have you tried just putting the tablet in the cutlery basket or just in the bottom of the dishwasher? If the tablet doesn’t dissolve when you put it in the cutlery basket, then the water probably isn’t hot enough.
No idea on a price to get it fixed. But get a quote before you have it repaired, and weigh that up against buying another brand. I wouldn’t spend $500 fixing an Asko when I could have a brand new Beko or similar brand new for that price.

Anthany E

Hi Matt, thanks. The dishes are definitely cold. As you say, I wanted to get an idea of cost to fix which I now know is anywhere between $150 and $700 depending on what's wrong. Hence I can decide whether to fix or replace. A new Miele is available for less than $1000 but there are other brands at much lower prices. I purchased my dishwasher from the Goodguys and they have been in touch with ASKO concerning Customer Rights protection laws. As a result, I can arrange for a visit by an ASKO technician and if there is a fault with the machine (not caused by user damage I expect) the dishwasher should be fixed free-of-charge. Fingers crossed that this will happen. PS. My dishwasher is a D5426WH, not the older '2' version.

Ness

Nessasked

D5424WH (White)

We have a brand new asko dishwasher and the last 2 washes the tablet has not dissolved properly. Can you assist as to why this might be happening? Thanks

Hi,
Sorry but I am not really an expert on these. Our Asko does this on the odd occasion and I thought that the cause might be a large plate or tray in the lower rack that is preventing the tablet door from opening.
You could try just dropping the tablet in the bottom of the dishwasher. If it still doesn’t dissolve, then the water can’t be getting hot enough.

Hope this helps.

Blade38

It may be that the holes in the rotating blade(s) are blocked or partially blocked with scraps of food, seed, etc. Remove the rotating blade(s) from the machine and clean it; this will help.

john

johnasked

D5424WH (White)

how to change a drain hose on asko D5424?

Vicasked

D5424SS (Stainless Steel)

A mouse has nibbled the outlet hose. As this isn’t a warranty issue I would like to replace it myself. Do you have any instructions for diy replacement? Model D5424 thanks

Cazz

Cazzasked

D5424SS (Stainless Steel)

Hi. I have an Asko D5424 and the display is showing three horizontal lines and the door won't open. Can you please help?

kaiak
kaiak

there is a kid safe switch inside the handle cover.
try that one.
also you can search online manual for details.

Benno
Benno

I had the same problem with my mums dishwasher. The door handle has a spring loaded switch which will show the symbol - - - to indicate the door is open still. The spring had gone on the handle switch which doesn’t close the contact to the electronic switch hence sending a signal to the display that thinks the door is always open. Switch needs to be repaired or replaced by a service technician. Hope this helps.

Betty

Bettyasked

D5424WH (White)

Which model is better? The D5424 or the D5436? I have done a "compare" and read reviews.
Does the higher price of the D5436 reflect a better machine? It is hard to tell from reading the specifications. Which specification are actually useful in practice? We have 6 in the family, so does the D5424 hold more? They both say 14 place settings, but the D5424 says for 4+ people.

tropicmerc
tropicmerc

Suggest you phone ASKO’s customer service and ask them. My experience is limited to the machine described.

David
David

Not sure what the price difference is between the 2 models nor the specifications. I do know that the D5424 does what it is supposed to do, unless the D5436 puts the dishes away as well??? We were a family of 4, now down to a family of 2. With the handy "rinse between washes" option we do a wash about every 5 days or so. Maybe with a family of 6 you would have to use it a bit more often. Hope this helps

Steve

Steveasked

D5424SS (Stainless Steel)

Hi I have an Asko D5424 which seems to be operating normally with display panel but not easing the dishes. I have cleaned and followed the manual directions. It seems as it it is not getting enough water for it to operate. It is emptying correctly and drainage seems fine. Can you help?

Lilaclue
Lilaclue

No. Sorry. Can't help. i'd go back to the manufacturers. They make the product and so know all the ins and outs.

Vic

I have one. The ends of the spinning arms get blocked (lemon pips) etc. the remedy is to pull them off, remove the fitting piece then rinse the inside of the spray arm to remove foreign objects. I have a feeling the filter baskets in this model are s bad design. I never had this problem with my other Asko dishwasher.

SImon

SImonasked

Hello. I have an asko dishwasher which is about 15 years old but hasn't had heavy use - the last few washes the drying mode at the end of the cycnr does not turn off - when I do a cycle at the end of the night, the next morning the machine and contents are very hot as the knob is stuck on the drying cycle - it seems to happen when a wash is quite full - any idea what this could be?

David J
David J

Thermostat

Rusty Nailasked

D5424WH (White)

What is the solution to stopping the tablet from dropping out and not dissolving as it did when new.
I am also confused about the compartment next to the tablet compartment?
What is that other compartment for and how to operate it...

mika4795
mika4795

Hi Rusty

Good question! After years of using the machine I figured out a way!

I put my dishwashing table on top of cutlery rack, it gives fantastic was results

The tablet is also dissolved ever since i did this, so give it a try!

All the best
Mika

Rusty Nail

Thanks Mika, we will try your method, certainly nothing to lose.
The machine was new in our house when we moved in, but no information came with it and we have just followed basic instruction to date from friends who own a asko.

Rusty.

Get an answer from our members and Asko representatives