Asko DBI654IB

3.8

• Internal Layout

RLum069Sydney, NSW

why did I buy it?

From purchase to delivery aindinstallationm was less than 36 hours, (whereas to have the old Asko Professional services was more than a week and who know how long to get a quote for the repairs)..So I purchased a new one, installation was painless, quick and friendly and on time (unusual for tradies but well done) and then we ran it to wash the backlog of crockery and cutlery and voila, the RED light comes on....... the manual does not give any indication as to what is wrong, tried restarting it and no joy

Purchased in March 2019 at Winnings Brookvale for A$2,199.00.

Noise Level
Internal Layout
RLum069

And additionally there are two dents in the front stainless steel door from the inside to out..... which had to happen at manufacture...

RichardSouth East Queensland, QLD

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Helena

Helenaasked

DBI654IB

My dishwasher is 12 months old, and the on button has stopped working. The only way I can turn it on is to turn it off, and then on again at the power point. I notice the warranty doesn’t cover “power supply”. Would the problem I described be covered under warranty? Thanks for your help.

SusieQ

SusieQasked

DBI654IB

Hi there I have just purchased this dish washer. An someone please explain how the Quick pro wash cycle works?

Bill42asked

DBI654IB

Does the Asko DBI865IGXXLS have better baskets than the DBI654IBXXLS???
The baskets on my old Asko D5894XXL are much stronger, more robust and have many more configuration settings than the new DBI654IBXXLS that I just purchased. Unfortunately the old baskets do not fit in the new machine so I am stuck with these toy-like baskets that one might expect in a sub $1000 machine. There is limited information on the Asko website and nothing that provides info about the quality of the baskets. Most stores I visited did not have this model displayed and to ask these questions of staff was useless. It seems most have very limited knowledge about Asko dishwashers.

This is my 3rd Asko dishwasher, the last one lasted a little over 7 years and was faced with a nearly $900 bill to repair or buy a new one. If I had known about the decline in quality, I would never have purchased it.

Richard

Dear Bill42, We haven't had the need to use the baskets as we seem to be able to fit most of our cutlery in the top cutlery rack and scatter the bigger items like tongs, serving spoons and large knives on the middle rack. The baskets did seem to be very solid and seemed like they would last a long time. This is our first Asko so I can't comment about previous models and their baskets. Our last dishwasher was a Kleenmaid and it lasted more than 10 years. We had to replace the cutlery baskets at least once and they needed replacing again when it finally died. We are hoping to get the same length of service with this one. FYI we are very happy with the Asko. It is quiet, cleans well and fits in masses of items. I love the finger mark resistant stainless steel front and height of the bottom drawer. You can fit in really large items like big pots and cutting boards. We're loving it!

Hi Richard
I was talking about the large sliding baskets that holds your crockery, pots and pans etc, not referring to the cutlery tray or the little basket with the handle which is the best place for cutlery and is just fine quality wise.

Yes the machine washes well and is actually quieter than my old machine. The large sliding baskets are very inferior to my old machine and it is more difficult to place some items.

Get an answer from our members and Asko representatives