Asko W4104C

Asko W4104C

MPNs: W4104C and W4104CW
See the Best Front Loading Washing Machines in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Asko

2.7
Drnat78
Drnat78Sydney, NSW

Please save yourself poor customer service for a poorly built product

Let me start by saying my old washing machine before this one was an Asko that lasted me 12 years, and I've left positive reviews for that. This one is the worst dud. What makes it worse, was Asko customer service. It died 2 weeks after it ran out of warranty. It was back and forth between ACCC and Asko for 6 weeks. I was without a washing machine for the long before they repaired it under warranty. 1 year after that, it died again for a different reason. This time, it was going to cost $1430 to repair. Not good enough for a $2300 washing machine. Terrible after sales service

Purchased in July 2018 at Harvey Norman Big Buys for $2,300.00.

Sam
SamSydney, NSW

Machine not good. Customer service personnel very good!!!!

Purchased the ASKO WC4104C(10KG) Had nothing but issues. Maybe it was just sheer bad luck. Got machine and problems started. The start/stop button didn’t work and the door wouldn’t stay open. Rubber seal melted on spin cycle. Machine sounded like a jumbo jet on spin(even though they advertise that it is the quietest machine on the market) Machine replaced. New machine received. Again 3 times on spin cycle the rubber seal melted onto the drum. Eventually got a refund. Only positive out of this was Customer personnel were very polite and professional and cannot fault them. Made it an easy return and refund.

Purchased in April 2020 for $2,000.00.

Noise Level
Fernando A.
Fernando A.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Poor product quality and even poorer customer service.

Purchased at e&s for $2,299.00.

John
JohnGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very solid, easy to operate, silent and the wife is happy

Purchased in February 2020 at Appliances Online for $2,000.00.

Front Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Asko W4104C compares to other Front Loading Washing Machines

ShooterPerth, WA

The worst washing machine

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys for $2,200.00.

Mike.iSouth East Queensland, QLD

Creases everything as does Dryer T408HD

We purchased these appliances together after a recommendation from a friend.
The washer tries to wind large items such as sheets into a long ribbon and then wraps another sheet around that creating a tangle which takes a lot of unwinding. The dryer does the same thing despite Asko replacing the paddles with a larger ones. After drying each item looks like it needs ironing as they are all creased. We get a much better result hanging them on the outside line providing the weather is suitable.
Applying different settings and cycles makes very little difference. After spending nearly $4500 for the 2 appliances we are most unimpressed with their performance.

Purchased in April 2018 at The Good Guys.

Nicola
NicolaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wonderful machine

Throw in and walk away. Perfectly clean every time. Such a fast spin too. And not noisy. I can even put hand washing in. Bedding is super clean and quite dry after the spin. So many cycles to choose from.

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

terry
terryasked

I'm considering the ASKO 10 kg Heat Pump Dryer T410HDW and the Asko 10 kg Front Load Washing Machine W4104CW. I've read some bad reviews. Why would I buy this machine?

Shooter

I returned mine and purchased Bosch instead. The best decision I have ever made. After 2 machines broke within 1 year, I would not trust this brand again. It is not a cheap product.

Mike.i

We would not buy Asko again for the reasons stated in our review. The washer continually winds our sheets
up until they resemble rope and then twists them together. Have never had this happen before. If we put
damp towels in the dryer to fluff them up the dryer will not heat as the sensor decides they are not wet enough.
We continue to use them as they cost too much to just throw away and we are pensioners. In the end it is
each persons decision to buy or not but my wife and i hope we have been of some help. Mike.i

Alex K.asked

Hi ASKO,
My questions are,
1, The bottom of the seal on the door holds water even after wiping after each wash. The only way to dry would be to bend the rubber back. Is this going to reduce the life of the rubber seal having water lodged there and how long do you expect the seal to last?
2, why does the machine empty the water when you pause to put more clothes in? It doesn't make sense, it empties out the powder as well so to put in that extra sock it unnecessarily empties a few liters of water.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Alex

Mike.i

1. Our seal does the same thing. We lift the rubber where it touches the clear plastic and run a cloth with shower power or similar around to clean away the water and any scum residing there, also the outer edge of the seal
and the door. Cleaning should nor hurt the seal as far as I am aware, I think the life of the seal should be around 5-7 years.

2. This annoys me too but I guess its to make sure the water level is low enough so that you don't flood the laundry when you open the door. I expect the engineers would tell you its a safety feature.

Regardless, these machines do not do a better job than I would expect from any decent brand.

Alex K.

Thanks for your help Mike!

terryk
terryk

Hi guys, just wondering how your Asko washers are going now with another year under your belt? Any problems, leaks or rust occuring? thanks for your help/

Get an answer from our members and Asko representatives

CategoryFront Loading Washing Machines