Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA506II

4.9

pete

peteSydney, NSW

Great Laptop

As a person getting into gaming recently and looking for a new laptop, this was the perfect laptop choice with good balance between cost and performance. I use this laptop for work and light gaming and it fits the bill perfectly

Fantastic gaming laptop for the money

I like gaming and I just bought one of these ASUS TUF laptops and I love it. Very fast for the games I play, love the colour of the light up keyboard and looks the goods for a gaming laptop. Very pleased with it and would recommend to those in the market for one of these.

Purchased in September 2020 for A$1,745.00.

Laptop for development

My work is moving towards part in the office and part remote, so I was looking for a laptop to replace my work desktop. It had to be something with the power to support software development, including running multiple VMs, IDEs, and applications simultaneously, so the powerful processor, 16GB RAM (with room for expansion), and decent-sized SSD in this model were all important for me. The boss also wanted me to keep the cost down, so the price point here was great.
Overall, it's working very well for me and is actually giving me about a 40% performance boost over my old desktop (which admittedly is about 8 years old).

Purchased in September 2020 at Computer Alliance.

Laptops

Find out how Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA506II compares to other Laptops

Mop

MopGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Perfect budget laptop

For a student like me, getting into gaming recently and looking for a new laptop, this was the perfect laptop choice with good balance between cost and performance. It's powerful enough to run any game with great graphics, refresh rate and smoothness. Would definitely recommend this laptop to anyone looking for a budget gaming laptop!

Purchased in September 2020 at Centrecom.

Patrick Hayton

Patrick HaytonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Epic Gamer Time

The laptop seems great so far, heard some negative reviews about overheating but that doesn't seem to be the case with this model. I've been using it for some light gaming so far and I've had no problems.
I'd say the best features are the 1650 Ti and the Ryzen processor, which both seem to hold up well for the price. I purchased this because I wanted to do some gaming in bed, very relaxing. I got a $300 discount so ended up paying about $1300.

Purchased in September 2020 at eBay for A$1,329.00.

David

DavidSydney, NSW

Great Value for Money Gaming Laptop with all the bells and whitles

Purchased in September 2020 at Catch for A$1,699.00.

One hell of a good deal!!!

I bought the Asus TUF Gaming A15 so I could play the games I wanted to, but also have a general purpose laptop for all other tasks. The Ryzen chip takes care of that admirably, and the GPU does the rest. The screen is clear and bright, with good viewing angles. The keyboard looks neat, and the WASD keys are highlighted. Great. Trackpad is responsive. It is slim, and surprisingly light feeling. Four USB ports is good for a laptop, and I look forward to using the USB C port for its speed. Haven’t got a drive that uses that type yet, but I will get one. 512 GB SSD is just right, too. There is nothing that I don’t like about it, and am quite chuffed that I bought it.

Purchased in September 2020 at Shopping Express for A$1,300.00.

Ben

BenSydney, NSW

Really good budget gaming laptop

This is a really decent budget gaming laptop, The 6 core Ryzen 5 4600H Processor & the GTX 1650Ti GPU is great for my needs, plays all my games at 1080p max settings no problem, the 512gb M.2 SSD is super fast & snappy, comes with 8gb of RAM but upgraded 16gb cause it was so easy & cheap to & stuck a 2TB 5400RPM 2.5in HDD for extra basic storage, simple as. Battery life is okay, could be better, but I remedy that by using Silent mode with Asus's software, very handy, does get bit warm & audible when gaming but I use headphones it doesn't bother me. Overall I'm happy with my purchase.

Cost me $1450 at JWcomputers.

Susan S.

Susan S.Hunter Region, NSW

Awesome machine

Laptop looks amazing and is lightweight but sturdy. Particularly love the logo and the lights!
Great value!
Moved from Mac & am still adjusting but its easy to use. Mainly using for gaming and internet.

Purchased in September 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$1,999.00.

Laptops

Find out how Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA506II compares to other Laptops

Matt

MattSydney, NSW

Nice unit

Powerful machine, nice design. High specs for video editing.
I do miss being able to lock the track pad, and having separate home/end and pgup/pgdn keys. I have a nasty habit of bumping the track pad with a stray thumb while typing, which can randomly throw the cursor around, but I'm sure I'll be able to work around that with time.

Purchased in June 2020 at JW Computers for A$1,700.00.

Amazing Value

An incredibly capable machine for multitasking or games! The CPU is incredibly efficient and with 8 cores, you can't go wrong! Only have the GTX 1650 attached, but more then capable of playing a host of games at high frame rates! Good build quality as well!