2.8

Great idea ... no organisation

We used to use Aussie farmers and never had issues with products that weren't resolved... but one day the driver drove into our garden and got bogged, knocking over plants and leaving big holes in the lawn. Head office was useless... never called back ever. Ended up sorting issue with franchise owner after many months, the annoying part was I still got calls every week to buy from them even tho I asked them to stop calling till the issue was resolved.

KTG

KTGGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

My mother loves it

Sadly I've read the company has just gone to the wall. They were great for older customers not on the internet or using smartphones. My mother is quite upset and is wondering how she will manage. Her local supermarket veggies are not as good and they don't deliver some fridge or any freezer meals. I hope someone will consider trying again to get this kind of service going. (Melbourne metro)

Gracie

Graciecanberra

Major disappointment AFD have closed

We have used AFD for several years and the service and food quality has been first rate. Anytime we've had an issue with a missing item or spoilage the item(s) have been replaced or credited. The people we spoke with on the service lines were always helpful and considerate. It is sad to see the company close.

Find out how Aussie Farmers Direct compares to other Supermarkets

Good riddance it closed, pure robbery

Super sad to hear about AFD

Have been a customer for 5 years, never had a problem with service or quality. They were continually improving upon themselves and strived to ethically source all produce. It's a real shame.

gwc

gwcCanberra

AFD have closed down !

Based on the bad reviews here, it is no surprise that this scam company have collapsed in not fulfilling orders, short changing customers, overcharging customers and very bad customer service.

Very bad business model and not trustworthy.

Remember, your first customer can be your last customer !

Michelle

Michelle

Order could not be provided

Brought 3 different boxes this was my first order one could not be supplied. They did not notify me. Noticed via payment. Rang up and cancelled as if I had to go and shop I may as well get the lot. Order cancelled but charge put through. I had to ring and get refund . Customer service persona very sarcastic on the phone. Kept saying oh beautiful. No apologies what so ever. Just a big waste of my time this was a promotion through American Express not sure why I bothered

bikinikitty

bikinikitty

Tried to support local, but got scammed in the end

E.M

E.MMELBOURNE

You don't need to pick they will pick for you

I got scammed today by Aussie farmers direct - I opened my door and there was a box filled with groceries I didn't order. I checked my bank account and was charged $40 for groceries I didn't ask for. I called the company and no one wanted to talk about it or give a solution for it. All they were saying was you signed the paper and gave us your credit details, therefore we can do whatever we want with your money even send you products without you asking for them. So to all future costumers beware for your money. The door salesperson will tell you everything to sign you on paper and after that you are in their hands. Beware.

Anonymous

AnonymousSYDNEY

STAY AWAY.. scammers

We received a free coupon stating that it is free and we placed the order. The order was never delivered and we never received. They started sending us the emails asking for money and its already been 4 months and still chasing for double amount and admin fees. This seems like a scam. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY..

Terrible online service

canceled 1 item to don't give me discount

really bad experience. I used $25 off first order When You Spend $60. 9 o'clock in the evening before the delivery I received a new invoice with one item removed and the price dropped to 45 with out any discount. I called them, they said the system just like that and can't give me discount or credit. And asked me use the code to purchase again. I won't trust them any more.

Shayla

ShaylaCanberra

Great service great food

I have been ordering through them for the past couple of months. The food quality is much better than the supermarket food, especially meat and they are always on time with delivery and have even given me two cool boxes because I forgot to put mine out.

Great value

Have been using this home delivery service for past 3 months. Worth the investment. You choose the fruit & veg. Definitely eat more fresh food.

Richard F

Richard FPerth, WA

bad experience terrible customer service

nightmare. I used buy $60 and $25 off code. They sent confirmation email two days before with the same as what I ordered. And the night before they delivered they sent me a new invoice with one thing canceled so I don't have the $25 off any more. They sent the email late night and I can't do anything with the order. I contacted them by phone and facebook. They can't do anything with the order. I have to pay for their mistake. Never deal with a company like this.

Peter

PeterPerth, WA

Not bad

So far I have used it 3 times. First 2 times got something out of stock which was annoying. The 3rd time was all good. The quality of vegetable and meat are pretty good. It is more expensive than Coles/WWS but I used the discount code which was pretty good. Overall not too bad.

Miranda

MirandaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Bad quality and expensive

I have ordered from Aussie farmers a number of times, having 4 kids one with a disability it was very handy for me, they were fine at the start, expensive but good food, then the quality became very poor, very over ripe bananas which had to be thrown away, rotten apples, missing products, and they didn’t care, the lady named Edna was very bad at customer service. I would never recommend anyone to them.

Ron M.

Ron M.South East Queensland, QLD

Short use by Date

Purple

PurpleMelbourne

Great since they introduced meal boxes!

I have used this site for several years. After a break I tried them again and was very pleased to see they have introduced meal boxes. I have tried many of these boxes and, except for one, they have been excellent. I have found ones that have become favourites and I try others to see what they are like. Well worth a try. I will keep using this site. The recipes are much more user friendly than Marley spoon.

bronros

bronrosGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very convenient for bread & milk, not so great for fresh produce

Review collected in partnership with Aussie Farmers Direct

Janeasked

I'm a bit confused about what to do with the freezer bags I receive with each delivery. Does Aussie Farmers reuse these? Or are they just discarded? Sometimes we forget to return them in the following week and I receive new ones. I would not like my AFD person to be out of pocket due to replacing them.

Mum
    Mum

I occasionally reuse the ice bricks or but mostly throw them away. If I do reuse them, sometimes they split open and leak gel all over everything.

Jane

It just seems wasteful that they are not recycled in some way. There is a limit to how many ice packs I need for home use. Hello Fresh also does not take back their ice packs/insulation packing. So we end up with masses of perfectly good boxes/ice packs etc.I don't know what the solution is though.

Linda
    Linda

I return mine each week. If I forget one week they always leave more and I leave them all out for collection with my next order and they are taken away to reuse

steelpaw

steelpawasked

I have been an Aussie Farmers customer for over two years, and am very happy with the service and products. My only concern is with the eskies. When I first started as a customer, I was given a new esky and my order was packed into that same esky each week. However, after a few months, the practice changed and, since then, deliveries always arrive in a different esky to the one that I put out the night before.
    These eskies arrived in varying states of cleanliness and newness, but were always at least acceptable. Yesterday's order arrived in a dirty esky that absolutely reeks inside. I called customer service, and they agreed to contact the franchisee and arrange for someone to collect the offending esky off my front verandah.
    I would very much prefer to have one esky that was 'mine'. That way, its cleanliness would be my responsibility. Is such an arrangement possible? I would have thought so, since I understand that new customers are required to actually purchase their eskies.

Mootilda C.Aussie Farmers Direct

We're really sorry to hear that has been the case Steelpaw, could you please send us an email at socialsupport@aussiefarmers.com.au with your account details, and we'll be able to add delivery instructions to your account to ensure your Driver doesn't swap your esky over again. Thanks for taking the time to get in touch.

Wendy Duffy

Hi Steelpaw. I have just had a response from Aussie Farmers who asked me to contact them which I have done with photos attached. I don't think I have ever had the same esky and assumed they were filled at the depot, deposited outside my house and the empty one taken away for re-use. My orders are delivered in the early hours of the morning and I can understand the milko not wanting to transfer the order into the empty esky on my doorstep, especially in winter. I had no idea new customers had to buy their esky though. I don't mind getting a different esky as long as they are clean and this one was beyond a joke. I hope your esky problem is resolved soon.

Colourin
    Colourin

I have used my own large esky (on wheels & with a long handle) for several years and have never had a problem. The hard plastic insides are very easy to clean and the wheels mean no carting heavy bags. I do also put out a soft AFD esky for overflow, but the driver only takes my AFD esky when it is at the end of its life and has always replaced with a new one.
    If you get your delivery when you are home (mine comes late afternoon but it used to come in the middle of the night), it might help to say Hi to the driver and just make yourself known as a friendly face.

adlsm

adlsmasked

Hi AFD, we have been really happy with your service for over two years. Just a query here re: How can I know that the farmers are not being ripped off? Meaning , in a very competitive marketplace, there have been allegations made in the press about the business practices of the large food market chains-how is your company different? I read the answer above about the farmers being " like family to us" and "deserve a fair price and a fair go".
    but I would like more substantive information than that. Are your farmers actually getting this fair price and fair go and are they getting a better deal than they would be/ are getting from the large supermarket chains?

Again, we have been really happy with the service and the products- pay a bit more but get it delivered.

ADLS Gold Coast.

Mootilda C.Aussie Farmers Direct

Thanks for your support and we’re glad to hear you’re enjoying our service and the fresh produce! Just to give you some of the things that make us different; we ask our farmers for their price – it is not a negotiation, but a discussion. A fair price needs to be sustainable to cover the cost of production and support our farmer’s family on the farm. There are no hidden fees, rebates or costs and we don’t replace out of season products with imports. And that is just a start…

Get an answer from our members and Aussie Farmers Direct representatives