Australia Post Home Insurance

Australia Post Home Insurance

Always a loophole

Have home insurance with them, doesn’t cover electrical faults or accidental damage.
Seems you’d be lucky to have it cover anything, we had a hot water system explode. No cover, we had damage someone else’s animal, no cover. Changing to a decent insurer today.

Coverage TypeHome & Contents
Property TypeHouse
Claim MadeYes
Priscila L.Australia Post

Vikas Dewan

Vikas DewanVictoria

They charge you cancellation fees of $40.

Also, it is not through Auspost, Insurance is through Auto & General Insurance. I had home insurance with AusPost for almost a year. They increased the premium from $40 to $47 straight & it is expensive than my current insurance provider (which has more cover). When I canceled the policy, AusPost charged $40 terming it as early cancellation fees.

Coverage TypeHome & Contents
Property TypeHouse
Claim MadeNo

Quick and Efficient.Highly Reccommend

Australia Post was great ,we had a break in October jewellery cash stolen .Submitted all details online.Quick and efficient with the claim no hassles.

Insurance claim madeYes
Ali

AliBrisbane

it may be cheap but you get what you pay for

this was a complete waste of time and money.
I had flooding downstairs from a big storm.
I advised them over the phone. before they came out I had to pay for someone to look at it. and if they considered paying out I needed to pay them the excess outright which could have been $1000?? I've never known an insurance to do this??? I didn't bother. I changed my insurance straight away.

Bourb

BourbAU

Fast and Easy Sign Up

I have used Australia Post Insurance to insure my car for the last few years, and always found the service efficient and fast. So I decided to use them for my Home and Contents insurance. The whole process was done via the Internet, and the price that I obtained for my cover was well under what I was quoted by my previous Insurance Company.
I haven't made a claim, and hope that I never have to, but if the standard is the same as they offer on their Car Insurance then I am not expecting any problems.

KG in BrisbaneBrisbane

Dishonest and Unprofessional

KG in Brisbane

Just want my money back so I can put all this behind me.This is third time I've asked.

Maria

Mariaasked

how do i get a quote for house and contents ins and are there any limits..i.e age ?...please reply via ....[email removed] regards Maria

Well Maria,

I would try the insurers website or better still try Canstar at https://www.canstar.com.au/ all your answers are just a question away.

Regards

KG

Hi Maria,

You can get a quote online (https://auspost.com.au/home-contents-insurance) or by giving our team a call on 1800 220 044. They can also let you know any restrictions that might be applicable.

Roxy

Joybell

Joybellasked

How can I get a renewal from you? Phone number would be helpful.

Hi Joybell,

You'll need to speak to our dedicated insurance support team, who can be reached on 1300 858 747.
This number is also listed on the home page of our Home and Contents insurance: http://auspo.st/2h0ym3S

Thanks,