Australia Post Home Insurance

Listing monitored by Australia Post

2.6
  • Claim Resolution Time
    • 1-2 months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (1) · No (0)
BrendanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Overestimate scam insurance

Tried their online insurance calculation tool. Everything is massively overestimated to rip you off. Sets contents insurance to $185k with $60k clothes and $90k furniture. Time wasting scammers and their policies are also horrid.

Casey K.Australia Post
Brendan

Thanks for the generic fluff response without addressing any of my points. Please call 13 70 11 and let your team know their service is terrible.

Always a loophole

Have home insurance with them, doesn’t cover electrical faults or accidental damage.
Seems you’d be lucky to have it cover anything, we had a hot water system explode. No cover, we had damage someone else’s animal, no cover. Changing to a decent insurer today.

Priscila L.Australia Post
Vikas Dewan
Vikas DewanVictoria

They charge you cancellation fees of $40.

Also, it is not through Auspost, Insurance is through Auto & General Insurance. I had home insurance with AusPost for almost a year. They increased the premium from $40 to $47 straight & it is expensive than my current insurance provider (which has more cover). When I canceled the policy, AusPost charged $40 terming it as early cancellation fees.

Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how Australia Post Home Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

Quick and Efficient.Highly Reccommend

Australia Post was great ,we had a break in October jewellery cash stolen .Submitted all details online.Quick and efficient with the claim no hassles.

Insurance claim madeYes
Ali
AliBrisbane

it may be cheap but you get what you pay for

this was a complete waste of time and money.
I had flooding downstairs from a big storm.
I advised them over the phone. before they came out I had to pay for someone to look at it. and if they considered paying out I needed to pay them the excess outright which could have been $1000?? I've never known an insurance to do this??? I didn't bother. I changed my insurance straight away.

Insurance claim madeNo
Australia P.Australia Post

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Bourb
BourbAU

Fast and Easy Sign Up

I have used Australia Post Insurance to insure my car for the last few years, and always found the service efficient and fast. So I decided to use them for my Home and Contents insurance. The whole process was done via the Internet, and the price that I obtained for my cover was well under what I was quoted by my previous Insurance Company.
I haven't made a claim, and hope that I never have to, but if the standard is the same as they offer on their Car Insurance then I am not expecting any problems.

Insurance claim madeNo
KG in BrisbaneBrisbane

The true test is when something goes wrong

Joan B.
Joan B.asked

I have a insurance policy with you on a property 68 Mitchell Street Horrocks 6535 WA I have just sold this property how do I cancel this policy?
Regards Wayne A Boys

Casey K.Australia Post

Hi Wayne,

The contact number for Aus Post Home and Contents Insurance is 1300 858 747 - available Monday to Friday, 8am-10.30pm and Saturday 8am-5pm (AEST).

You may want to edit your post to remove your name and full address details - even though you've now sold this property, it's always a good idea to avoid posting any personal information on a public website, you never know what scammers can do with this type of information.

02tet
02tetasked

Why wont Australia Post insure homes north of Townsville?

Priscila L.Australia Post

Hi 02tet,

Have you spoken to our Home Insurance team on 1800 220 044? They should be able to give you more info on this.

Priscila

Maria
Mariaasked

how do i get a quote for house and contents ins and are there any limits..i.e age ?...please reply via ....[email removed] regards Maria

Well Maria,

I would try the insurers website or better still try Canstar at https://www.canstar.com.au/ all your answers are just a question away.

Regards

KG

Hi Maria,

You can get a quote online (https://auspost.com.au/home-contents-insurance) or by giving our team a call on 1800 220 044. They can also let you know any restrictions that might be applicable.

Roxy