Australian Unity Home & Contents

Australian Unity Home & Contents

See the Best Home and Contents Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

divenliveagua

divenliveagua

Great value for money

bmg

bmgTownsville

Went from being covered to no longer a customer

Years back had private medical coverage, never had a problem with refunds until the day I phoned to make a claim to be told you are not in our system any longer. No explanation where it went wrong and no interest their end to follow up to find out why.

Doodah01

Doodah01Coogee

In my Opinion - Ridiculously Inflexible

Based on this website, and other good reviews, I wanted to insure the home and contents of the house we have just purchased with Australian Unity. The property has an alarm but has no patio bolts on sliding doors or key window locks - I don't live there yet so said I would install them (and provide proof that I had done so) as soon as I moved in (next week). I need to provide proof of insurance to the bank providing the mortgage before settlement. Australian Unity refused to provide insurance because the patio bolts and window locks are not installed before I move in. This is red-tape gone mad, in my opinion. Another insurer will get my business.

Hayabusa

HayabusaAU

you claimed = you do not exist for Aus Unity

I considered swapping my insurer to Aus Unity, as I reported previous claims I had to contact them to buy the policy, our house burnt down last year due to electrical fault hence the previous claim. The rep asked me few questions and said he will get back to me. I left two messages but nada no one replied.
very disappointing.

Communication

Great products with amazing customer service

Got my Home & Contents Insurance with these guys. They had the product which I wanted for a really competitive price compared to others. Really great customer service, really impressed. We ended up bringing our Health Insurances as well as our Car Insurance to Australian Unity. Would definitely recommend Australian Unity to others.

Martie

MartieQLD, 4510

We have been with them since 2002. During that time we only had one claim - accidental damage - broken external sliding door. Did not have to complete any forms, they recommended some repairers available in our area and their staff were very friendly, helpful and reassuring. Paid the excess money ($100) directly to the repairer and everything was sorted within a couple of days. Our premiums went up slightly, but they offer other discounts for combined home and contents policy, over 55's, having security systems and such. We pay by the month with no extra charge.
Inexpensive, Customer service people are easy to talk to,
nothing yet

ozquinn01

ozquinn01asked

This is underwritten by Allianz.

Allianz were my Work Cover company that were despicable to deal with from a work place accident that caused me to have major knee surgery, subsequently was denied - pre existing condition from 39years prior, skin accident.
Never will I patronise ALLIANZ, or COLES CAR INSURANCE. Sold my shares in Wesfarmers due to dreadful service.
Problem is, we are all subjected to abysmal service and rejections of claims by 99% of insurance companies here in Australia. Should be a Royal Commission into this area and called for what it is 'Fraud'.
Bring back Alan Fells.