Avanti Electra

See the Best Road Bikes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Avanti Availabillity

I would give these a solid 5 out of 5. I could not get the rationg to register 5. They are a true power assist and on slight uphill to down hill can recharge as you ride. This way you can get just the amount of excersise you desire. I have a male and female Avanti Electra for sale. The male version is size large. Avanti@thewommy.com

Avanti electra bike

I love this bike. It allows me to get some exercise as well as being power assisted. I would like to buy another one for my husband as he is unable to keep up with me when we go riding. If anyone knows of one for sale please post it here.
Reliable, comfortable to ride.

Good for a purpose

This electric bike has a very good use, mainly for the older person. For anyone who wants to ride to keep a bit fit it is ideal. For normal riding without power it is a very easy to pedal hybrid, you don't notice the difference from a non powered bike. On the days you bite off more than you can chew, switch on the power and get enough assistance to ride home in comfort. These were never meant as a power only cycle, but there again with the recharge while you ride option turned on, you get just enough extra resistance to make the ride an exercise on the flat. On an even slight downhill the charger is not noticed. No limit to how far you ride as without power it is no harder to pedal than any ordinary hybrid, with standard modern click gears, it is locked away at the moment, but I think it is a 24 speed. I rate it excellent for use as designed.
The 700 wheel design, much better than 26s for road use.
Definately not for any type of dirt road with the aforesaid 700 tyres. Head over turkey for sure.

Hi There can you tell me what the voltage and amp hours of the battery are

OK

good for city and suburban commuting but not sustainable on long hills. I woud li to see nicad battery replace lead acid even if the cost is greter
Abiity to regenerate down hill
lead acid battery and weight Motor seems too larg

The motor will actually deliver 1kw continously. The controller is limited due to legislation.So how do we bypass the limitation

How far can you ride before the battery needs changing?
As the bike has an ability to charge while riding, it is about how long is a piece of string. All depends on your ability. I find on flatter type ground, I can ride and charge at the same time. As I get worn out I use the power for assistance. I am 77 and just normal fitness. I could say on roads not in mountainous country, I would be good for say 80Klm. A younger person only using power for hill assistance, may very rarely use the home power for charging. Sorry can't be more precise, Rob

CategoryRoad Bikes