Azzuri Superlight Mezzo

Azzuri Superlight Mezzo

See the Best Road Bikes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Azzurri Mezzo 90 Ultegra Di2 faultless

Robert2013

Robert2013Melbourne

Azzurri Mezzo 90

Just done aprox 1500km on this bike now and honestly cannot fault it. It has a good stiff frame, good for power transfer during those ever so wonderful sprint and yet comfy enough to do 250km a day on. After getting this bike from the horrific dealers Cycling Express (a nightmare in intself) I had to change the tubes as the valve was not long enough (why sell a bike with tubes that cant be inflated at home???) and changed to seat due to personal preference. Total weight with pedals was 6.8kg.
Great light alround bike, good for speed on the flats and strong enough to handle Mt Baw Baw
Tubes were useless, had to change the front wheel bearings over as the Mechs at Cycling Express obviously could not hear a grinding noise..........go figure!

benjonesucicycling

benjonesucicyclingmelbourne

Azzurri Mezzo 90

Bought my Azzurri Mezzo 90 from cycling express 3 weeks ago and could not be happier. The frame is very similar in responsiveness to my cervelo and is more comfortable to ride. I had not ridden an azzurri before so this was my first experience with the brand (and with cyclingexpress.com who sell azzurri). Overall very pleease with the transaction and that i didn't hand over a bunch of money for a product that was worth what I was paying as you get great value with the mezzo. Overall weight of my bike with my zipp wheels is just a smidge over 6kg
Very lightweight bike for the money nothing on the market this weight
Nothing yet - have only had for about one month but azzurri have lifetime warranty

I've had 2 Mezzos, an '07 and my current one, the '08. both with Dura Ace. I got into them from advice at Bicycle Express here in Adelaide when updating my 5 year old trusty Peugeot Aluminium frame with Campag. It got my enthusiasm for cycling right back, and I've enjoyed every Km on them both.
I really like it. Improvements over my previous bike which was not cf,include lighter weight, comfort, responsiveness, and appearance.
I took a while to adapt from Campag to Dura Ace, Even though the Campag was not the top groupo, I thought it performed better. This is not an Azzurri issue. Anyway, i'm perfectly happy with it now.

Mezzo Team Pro is not bad!!!

CExpressGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great bike- extremely light and super stiff

I have owned the Mezzo Pro with Shimano Ultegra and Mavic Ksyrium SL now for over 8 months. For the money this is an amazing bike- it looks really good, is lightweight (just over 7kg) and is amazingly stiff. I got a great deal from Azzurri bikes in baysy (bayswater)

I've now won a couple of crit races on this bike (admittedly they were only in D grade but you have to start somewhere) and I have had quite a few people make positive comments about the bike.

Great deal, very happy with price, value and quality.
Lightweight, value, stiff (*very), fast handling (i put a 120mm stem on and even better)
Prefer a less bright blue to the blue it comes with but this is no biggie (frame is blue and white)

Cluedin
Cluedin

Two reviews about two different Azzurri bikes (mezzo and forza) by the same user (BradNichols) on the same day without mention of owning the other Azzurri bike in either review...hmmm.

CExpress

Hi Cluedin. This review was given to our retail store by the customer above. We can provide a photo of him riding the bike and winning the above mentioned criterium race. Cheers, CE.

Good

The combination of T800 and T1000 CF weave make for a high performing frame in both hill climbing and sprints while having exceptional light weight. The response from the rear wheel as the pedals are pumped is immediate and seemingly without any loss in power from flex etc. I am a very proud owner of the Mezzo and to think I was originally goint to get a Forza
It is a very comfortable frame and performs to the standard of my Record Groupset. I have no doubt it is the best I have sat on in 25 years of racing.
There are no standard anti scuff pads fitted to stop the front frame head from been scatched by the cables as the bars are turned, makes the frame look tatty fast.