Baby BeeHinds Wool Nappy Covers

Baby BeeHinds Wool Nappy Covers

See the Best Reusable Nappies in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Baby BeeHinds

3.7
    LittleDCJ
    LittleDCJAU

I use wool covers over fitted nappies at night time. I find that a lanolinised wool cover will prevent any potential leaks overnight. Even after a long sleep my child would wake up dry even though the nappy underneath was very wet. Wool is a great fabric to use as a cover overnight as it breathes. Baby BeeHinds wool covers are a fantastic price and work really well at keeping my baby, pyjamas and bedding dry overnight.
    Velcro tabs help give great fit
    Great colours to choose from
    Sized nappy
    Reasonable price for a wool cover
    Able to add extra boosters over nappy to increase absorbency
    Need to lanolise

NinaJay
    NinaJaySouth East Queensland, QLD

Good

Recommended over all. For the price, they are an excellent design and quality workmanship.

I find they are great overnight at a younger age and good for around the house. The colours are pretty as well.
    Easy to use and wash. Durable and very reasonably priced.
    I like the type of tight 'felt-like' wool used which is a good barrier against wetness.
    Come with excellent instructions (as are all BBH products)
    Good velcro for an excellent fit.
    They seem to need lanolising/washing more often than other wool covers and they aren't very soft.

The leg elastic eventually disintegrates

lily123
    lily123

OK

These covers are a great product and do an effective job but note the extra work to lanolise them regularly.
    Love the idea of these covers and that they use natural materials. Great colours, look very cute and keep baby warm especially in the winter months. Absorbent and haven't had any leakage issues. Even second hand, they are a great product.
    Lanolising is another process in an already endless washing cycle - need to use several wool covers, or use them exclusively, to make this worthwhile. May contribute to nappy rash due to the extra warmth factor. Take longer to dry.

amanda_01
    amanda_01South East Queensland, QLD

Good

I really like these wool covers. I use alternate the use of two over my hemp and bamboo fitteds, that way one is drying out while the other is on, and I only have to wash them every fews days without them getting smelly. Lanolising is easy, just a bit of lansinoh in some warm water and leave them to soak. I like that they're more breathable than the PUL covers.
    Can be used more than once without washing; fit over terry flats as well as Baby BeeHind nappies; more breathable than the PUL covers
    Can get a bit damp if you baby is a heavy wetter and it's left on overnight

cassinator
    cassinator

OK

I prefer the PUL covers over the wool. The wool is supposed to be good because it breaths and makes the nappies more absorbant but I don't like that they feel damp. Because of their absorbancy their supposed to be good for night time but I had one on my baby the other night and it made her grow suit and sleeping bag damp as well.
    Umm, the idea of it is nice!
    They get damp and they make an already bulky nappy even bulkier.

nessie lou
    nessie lou

From what I've read, wool is only as good as the nappy beneath it- if they'll wet thru the nappy thoroughly, the cover can't stop everything

katherbig
    katherbig

OK

We bought a couple of these when bub was first born thinking I wanted something that breathes well for overnight (to minimise nappy rash). I ended up just using PUL and found that it made no difference at all. It just took too long to wash, lanolise (soak in water with lanolin) and then get dry and ready to use again.
    Quality. Natural fibre next to bubs skin.
    They require lanolising and take much longer than PUL to dry and be ready to be used again. They give bub a massive bot so that the grosuits she was in didn't fit. Bub smelled like wet wool in the morning!

Al2703
    Al2703

Good

Very soft, come in great colours. The lanolising takes a little while but because they don't need to be washed everyday it's not that big of a deal.
    absorb moisture but don't leak. great quality. Don't need regular washing.
    wet wool smell - not too bad really.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
    Clara V.15 Nov 2021
    smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
    The baby product awards for 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
    the-baby-product-awards-for-2020
    ashtonsmum
    ashtonsmum

Bad

overall I am not a fan of wool covers as mentioned above - we find that the PUL covers work just as well. These are a great price though.
    nice and soft - great velcro. Very cute colours available as well. Can be machine washed.
    We dont use wool covers as they require lanolising. I also find that these really should be bigger sized as when boosting at night the rise is too low for us.

beergal
    beergalQueensland

Good

They are great and do everything they say they will, I just wish my daughter wasn't a super soaker haha.
    It does everything it says its supposed to
    If your baby is a super soaker overnight, you will still get some wetness coming through by morning (I'm talking 12 hours)
    Also, their latest Bamboo nappies have a higher rise, so once on the larger setting, if you require additional boosting between nappy and cover, then these Wool Covers may not fit your bub.

calinkal
    calinkalPerth, WA

Good

great cover-I own many. only problem I see is that I have had to buy a size larger to use at night.
    great quality
    low rise when boosting at night
    lanolising

Whistletips
    Whistletips

Good

I would recommend these covers for night usage. They have a range of great colours and are great quality at a good price. As they can feel a bit damp in the morning with a baby who is a big wetter I would recommend using polar fleece pants in cooler weather to help with the wicking of moisture.
    Very absorbent, great for night use. Good quality and reasonably priced
    It can be a bit tricky working out the lanolising process but it is worth it as these covers are great

skivvy01