Hippybottomus Stay-Dry

Hippybottomus Stay-Dry

See the Best Reusable Nappies in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Hippybottomus

Pros

• Highly absorbent and leak proof

• Good quality materials

• Quick to dry

• Comfort

Do not buy!!!!

Purchased in May 2020.

Leak ALL the time.

Terrible Nappies. I read lots of reviews before purchasing and they seemed to be a good idea. I spent $400 on a stash I was very confident. I'm not sure if these are fake reviews, because the nappies are hopeless. They leak ALL the time. Unless you feel like changing your baby's clothes ten times a day and doing lots of washing, don't bother. I used only the recommended detergents, air dried, tried with liners and without, avoided all barrier creams, etc. I tried different combinations of clip settings. I persevered for over 8 months. Total waste of money and time. Oh, one star because they look cute.

Purchased for $400.00.

Emily
EmilyToowoomba

Leak terrible

Purchased in August 2019 at Hippybottomus for $429.95.

Marvé
Marvé Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

It is leaking

Hi guys unfortunately these nappies are leaking, I am sad that i have purchased 24 nappies and these are leaking from the sides. Easy to use, easy to clean, great idea to use them because I don't like to use disposable nappies but not great it is leaking I am really concerned my daughter is 3 months now and I cannot imagine when she is grown-up a little bit the leaking would be crazy than even if I change the nappies very often.

Purchased in January 2021 for $400.00.

Kerry P.
Kerry P.Wheatbelt, WA

Purchased in June 2020 for $16.99.

The best baby products in 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-best-baby-products-in-2020
Paula C.
Paula C.Western District, VIC

Fabulous nappies

I was bought a trial pack as a gift. They were too big for my 3kg baby initially. By the time she was almost 3m old and 4.5kg they fit her well. Very easy to use, easy to size. Super soft on the inside. Come out clean from the washing machine and dry much quicker than some brands. I have been using them overnight also with no issues. Only had one leak and that was when the nappy had been on for 12 hours overnight when I forgot to change her when she woke at 3am for a feed. Love the patterns and feel and have upgraded to full time stash.

Purchased in September 2020 at Hippybottomus for $300.00.

Zoe
ZoeGoulburn Valley, VIC

Best so far

I previously gave this 1 star as they leaked at the front, but I kept using them anyway as I had to and it seems after more washes/use the problem went away! Now they are my favourite nappies as they never leak and out of the 4 other brands I have - pea pods, bambino mio, designer bums and eco naps, hippybottomus wins hands down. They have the absolute best fit out of the lot. Been using them for over 2 months now on my 9mth old son. Best value for money too.

Purchased in September 2020 at Hippybottomus for $61.80.

Disappointing due to leaks

Bought full stack for my newborn and didn't really get to use it til she is around 3 1/2 months. (Tried to use it when she was newborn; with the insert it is super bulky but without it it leaks every time, so I thought maybe it is too big for her although adjusted to smallest size.. my baby is born normal size) And ever since she uses it, I have to cross my fingers and pray for it not to leak every time (never trusted it to be fit for night - lucky!). No matter how i tried it still leaks. The inserts seem to be inconsistent in quality with some thicker than the others. Just too disappointing as I read through reviews of different brands and thought i made the right choice. :(

Purchased in December 2019 for $400.00.

Ysabella Howard
Ysabella HowardSouth East Queensland, QLD

fun colors, don't leak as per my experience

I have 12-month old who has been moving a lot and for some reason, he doesn't like any nappies. I guess he really likes the colors. It doesn't leak even he is playing and the elastic band is just fine.

Purchased in August 2020 for $19.95.

VikingDad
VikingDadSydney, NSW

Not Durable. Not worth it.

Margaret
MargaretVictoria

They leak and not worth the money

I purchased a big stack of nappies and they leak all the time. I have a cheaper brand nappy which are heaps better and don’t leak. The elastic isn’t tight enough. The only positive is the designs look good.

Purchased in January 2018 for $300.00.

Great until baby starts moving

This nappy is great while my baby was younger. Once she started moving a lot, they started leaking through the sides. The leaking became much worse as baby gets older and practically unusable once she is walking at 11 months. We have followed all care instructions given by hippybottomus and also emailed to ask if there is a way to fix this issue, but received no further reply other than the standard fixes which we have already tried.

Purchased in December 2019 at Hippybottomus.

Aleks87
Aleks87Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great nappy!

Used for 6 months now and they’re really good. Good fit and absorbency, never had a leak (only when using disposables! those poo explosions!), dry quickly, simple to use and at a fair price. Tried a few well known brands and found these the best. No issues, would recommend especially to someone who’s new to cloth diapering.

Purchased in June 2019 at Hippybottomus.

Emk
Emk

Great nappy

Was a bit skeptical of going cloth since unsuccessful attempts in the past. But this one is great. Even lasted overnight and through a not so fun experience of diarrhea with no leakage what so ever. It isn't too bulky either, bubs able to wear normal clothes over top. 10/10 would recommend

Purchased in November 2019.

Deb H.
Deb H.Victoria

The best I have tried

Purchased in August 2018 for $15.00.

Read more reviews - page 2

Joe
Joeasked

How to remove yellow stains on nappy inserts?

Bec

Sunlight is the best way

Deepthika L.
Deepthika L.asked

Hi there, I have been trialling the hippybottomus nappies and quite like them. I am interested to get a full time pack but I am keen to know how long these will last... I would like to think they last 3-4 children but I have read that the PUL isn't as good quality as other brands. Has anyone had any long term experience with these? Has the fit been good with all your children? Thank you in advance.

Bec

They are highly adjustable, there is a newborn hack and they have lasted 5 years and still as waterproof as when I first bought them
They are rated up to 15kg

sezl
sezlasked

Hi, I am expecting twins and I am wondering how many nappies I would need to buy?

Kristy
Kristy

I bought the Nappy Stash which has 24 nappies. This allows me to only wash every 2-3 days. I did find that as my Bub was quite small at birth, that the nappies were too bulky on her and I used disposables for a while until she put on weight. Now I only use disposables for emergencies

Anth v
Anth v

As others have answered, I would use disposables to start with as they are bulky to begin with. Also with newborn twins... I don't think you would want to start off with washing mountains of nappies. I would recommend you start with aldi brand newborn nappies which are affordable and I found them great, until they are about 8 weeks then start with the 24 pack which is designed for one baby. If this works well for your babies look at getting another 24 pack. The one pack lasts 2.5 to 3 days depending on how frequently you need to change bubs.

See all Hippybottomus Stay-Dry questions

Get an answer from our members and Hippybottomus representatives

Features

• A 5-layer insert is made to be highly absorbent, and tucks easily inside a bamboo charcoal fleece inner that sits against your baby’s skin.
  • This pocket nappy is made with an included waterproof outer, so you won’t have to spend extra money and time sourcing suitable nappy covers.
  • Since it contains 3 sizes in one, this one nappy can be adjusted to fit your child as they grow .
  • Press studs are used to secure the nappy in place.
  • Available in a colourful rainbow array of block colours and fun patterns like toucans, and llamas.

Points of Praise for Hippybottomus

• Reviewers were impressed that they had no issues with leakages - even when poop was runny, and even when nappies were left on overnight. Absorbency of these nappies during the night was particularly praised.
  • The materials were described as durable and good quality, and were also soft where they touched baby’s skin.
  • These nappies dry quickly - one reviewer even reported that both the shell and inserts dried overnight. This makes them conveniently ready to reuse faster, which is handy if you're starting to run out.
  • Many reviewers reported that these were the best cloth nappies they’d ever used on their baby.
CategoryReusable Nappies