Hippybottomus Stay-Dry

Hippybottomus Stay-Dry

See the Best Reusable Nappies in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Hippybottomus

Pros

Highly absorbent and leak proof
Good quality materials
Quick to dry

• Comfort

Carissa
CarissaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Awesome Cloth Nappies for this 1st time Mum!

I was nervous about using Cloth Nappies, thinking they’d be too fiddly & not absorbent enough but I have been pleasantly proven incorrect. Once I found the ideal settings for my son, they’ve been a dream. Very absorbent, easy to clean & dry, & the patterns are so cute! I highly recommend Hippybottomus Cloth Nappies for any family :)

Edith
EdithSouth East Queensland, QLD

The easiest reusable nappies

My daughter is very small for her age and is toilet training. These make life so easy and it's reduced how much we spend on nappies each month. It's helping her learn to remove her nappy herself as well.

Sharon M.HippybottomusSend a private message

Great to hear they are helping your daughter with toilet training.

Zoe.Cruising
Zoe.CruisingSydney, NSW

Wow! So impressed! Officially made the switch....no more land fill nappies ever again. ♡

I wish I discovered these sooner! The decision to transition from disposable nappies with baby 3 was sooooo daunting! But now I dont know what I was worried about, I am so happy with hippybottomus. We haven't looked back.
They do everything they say, fit newborn perfectly, leak proof even overnight and inserts dry quickly. She loves them as they don't irritate at all, unlike even the best organic eco single use nappies...and the bonus make her tush look sooooo cute. My only regret is not finding hippybottomus sooner...it has been best decision.

Sharon M.HippybottomusSend a private message

Thanks for your lovely words :)

BEST cloth nappies on the market!

Great fit, comfortable, no leakage, no odours, easy to use. Inserts are very absorbable (also use at night), material still feels dry. Nappies/inserts are very quick drying. Colours/patterns are gorgeous

Sharon M.HippybottomusSend a private message

So nice to hear that you're enjoying the nappies

Stefone
StefoneVictoria

Fantastic Product and Great Service

I cannot fault these nappies or this company. They are great value for money and I highly recommend. The website has some great tips from the newborn hack to the care instructions. I have also been able to contact someone via social media to ask questions about the care of the nappies and I get quick and knowledgeable responses. The patterns are fun and funky and have used since Bub was a new born with no issues.
I also use the swim nappies and they are great- no blow outs or leaks yet!
Thank you for a wonderful product and wonder service and keep up the great work!

Purchased in at Hippybottomus for $518.

Sharon M.HippybottomusSend a private message

Thanks for your wonderful review!

Lovely soft fun nappies

We have the best fit from our Hippybottomus nappies. Easy for both myself and husband to use. He actually grabs the hippy’s over any others. Lovely soft shells. I do recommend adding an insert in with the microfibre for absorbency. We still use a microfibre for flooding.
They are a super affordable option for cloth nappying.
We have no issues putting them through a hot wash and our elastics are still going strong even at 20 months old.

Sharon M.HippybottomusSend a private message

We are often told that Hippy's are the favourite among hubbies....haha!! Thanks for your great review :)

Wild_IndigoSydney Surrounds, NSW

Don’t waste your money - these nappies lasted significantly less time than all the other brands we have bought

We purchased about 20 nappies, very cute designs and cute on chunky babies - however after 19 months of use they’re completely worn out, lost shape and leak. All the other brands we purchased still look and feel as they did when we bought them.
The inserts also didn’t hold up and had to be boosted from about 6 months which made the nappies quite chunky.
I wouldn’t recommend them, there are brands for a similar price that have WAY out-performed these nappies.

Purchased in for $320.

Sharon M.HippybottomusSend a private message

Sorry to hear your nappies have worn out. Sometimes certain wash routines and detergents can do this to them prematurely. But we would be more than happy to replace these shells for you if you just send us an email.

Wild_Indigo

Hi Sharon, thanks for the offer, we used the same wash routine for all our nappies following the CCN guidelines and all our other brands are still going strong and in perfect condition.

Sharon M.HippybottomusSend a private message

Unfortunately CCN instructions aren't appropriate for our nappies. Do to their light weight and fast drying design and the porous nature of the inners we recommend washing below 40 degrees and only with natural detergents.

Clara V.
Make staying at home more enjoyable with these products and tips

make-staying-at-home-more-enjoyable-with-these-products-and-tips
The Top-Rated Baby Products of 2022

the-top-rated-baby-products-of-2022
Brooke
BrookeSydney, NSW

So far so good

First time using cloth nappies. Overall happy with the purchase. A little on the pricey side but I guess I’ll make that money back by not having to purchase disposables. Delivery took a little while which is understandable. Overall pretty happy with this purchase.

Sharon M.HippybottomusSend a private message

Thanks Brooke. Yes, you should get the money back within about 3-4 months, compared to buying disposables. Unfortunately Covid has caused some courier delays, but it seems like delivery times are much better now.

Do not buy!!!!

Leak ALL the time.

Terrible Nappies. I read lots of reviews before purchasing and they seemed to be a good idea. I spent $400 on a stash I was very confident. I'm not sure if these are fake reviews, because the nappies are hopeless. They leak ALL the time. Unless you feel like changing your baby's clothes ten times a day and doing lots of washing, don't bother. I used only the recommended detergents, air dried, tried with liners and without, avoided all barrier creams, etc. I tried different combinations of clip settings. I persevered for over 8 months. Total waste of money and time. Oh, one star because they look cute.

Purchased for $400.

Emily
EmilyToowoomba

Leak terrible

Purchased in at Hippybottomus for $429.95.

Marvé
Marvé Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

It is leaking

Hi guys unfortunately these nappies are leaking, I am sad that i have purchased 24 nappies and these are leaking from the sides. Easy to use, easy to clean, great idea to use them because I don't like to use disposable nappies but not great it is leaking I am really concerned my daughter is 3 months now and I cannot imagine when she is grown-up a little bit the leaking would be crazy than even if I change the nappies very often.

Purchased in for $400.

Kerry P.
Kerry P.Wheatbelt, WA

Purchased in for $16.99.

Paula C.
Paula C.Western District, VIC

Fabulous nappies

I was bought a trial pack as a gift. They were too big for my 3kg baby initially. By the time she was almost 3m old and 4.5kg they fit her well. Very easy to use, easy to size. Super soft on the inside. Come out clean from the washing machine and dry much quicker than some brands. I have been using them overnight also with no issues. Only had one leak and that was when the nappy had been on for 12 hours overnight when I forgot to change her when she woke at 3am for a feed. Love the patterns and feel and have upgraded to full time stash.

Purchased in at Hippybottomus for $300.

Zoe
ZoeGoulburn Valley, VIC

Best so far

I previously gave this 1 star as they leaked at the front, but I kept using them anyway as I had to and it seems after more washes/use the problem went away! Now they are my favourite nappies as they never leak and out of the 4 other brands I have - pea pods, bambino mio, designer bums and eco naps, hippybottomus wins hands down. They have the absolute best fit out of the lot. Been using them for over 2 months now on my 9mth old son. Best value for money too.

Purchased in at Hippybottomus for $61.80.

Joe
Joeasked

How to remove yellow stains on nappy inserts?

Bec

Sunlight is the best way

Deepthika L.
Deepthika L.asked

Hi there, I have been trialling the hippybottomus nappies and quite like them. I am interested to get a full time pack but I am keen to know how long these will last... I would like to think they last 3-4 children but I have read that the PUL isn't as good quality as other brands. Has anyone had any long term experience with these? Has the fit been good with all your children? Thank you in advance.

Bec

They are highly adjustable, there is a newborn hack and they have lasted 5 years and still as waterproof as when I first bought them
They are rated up to 15kg

sezl
sezlasked

Hi, I am expecting twins and I am wondering how many nappies I would need to buy?

Kristy
Kristy
Anth v
Anth v
See all Hippybottomus Stay-Dry questions

Get an answer from our members and Hippybottomus representatives

Features

• A 5-layer insert is made to be highly absorbent, and tucks easily inside a bamboo charcoal fleece inner that sits against your baby’s skin.
  • This pocket nappy is made with an included waterproof outer, so you won’t have to spend extra money and time sourcing suitable nappy covers.
  • Since it contains 3 sizes in one, this one nappy can be adjusted to fit your child as they grow .
  • Press studs are used to secure the nappy in place.
  • Available in a colourful rainbow array of block colours and fun patterns like toucans, and llamas.

Points of Praise for Hippybottomus

• Reviewers were impressed that they had no issues with leakages - even when poop was runny, and even when nappies were left on overnight. Absorbency of these nappies during the night was particularly praised.
  • The materials were described as durable and good quality, and were also soft where they touched baby’s skin.
  • These nappies dry quickly - one reviewer even reported that both the shell and inserts dried overnight. This makes them conveniently ready to reuse faster, which is handy if you're starting to run out.
  • Many reviewers reported that these were the best cloth nappies they’d ever used on their baby.
CategoryReusable Nappies