Baby Jogger City Mini GT

See the Best 3-Wheel Prams & Strollers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Perfect pram and great compact size

I love this pram. Had another more expensive brand which looked nice but was a pain to push over bumby terrain. The 3 Wheel design works so well over all terrain and is super easy to turn corners in tight space. Very well made and strong with big storage underneath perfect for a trip to our local market. Also folds up compactly.

Purchased in April 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store.

Ease of Packing & Storage

Good pram but the basket is so annoying

Pram good points: drives beautifully. Handles all terrain well. Great canopy. Seat is nice and roomy, Great for older toddlers too. Awesome fold. A good fuss free pram...but...
The basket kills me with this pram rough. I've had it twice... Trying to love it. There is not really any good access to it and I felt like I was always struggling with my things underneath to get them in and out which in the end became a deal breaker. They have recently re launched this pram but did not address the basket... Such a same shame!

Purchased in July 2018 for $600.00.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Holly, Thanks for the feedback good yay and bad :( Holly surely we get extra stars for ease of packing?? Even if you're not happy with the basket!!! ;) We did improve the basket on the City Mini GT2, we added more elastic to the basket to help with access. Honestly we feel all the other amazing features cannot be over shadowed by access to the basket - it's still a good size for the style of stroller - it's ideal for a blanket, toys or even a small bag. Side note: the City Mini GT is not a running stroller, in actual fact the only running stroller in our range is the Summit X3! Cheers The Baby Jogger Customer Service Team

The best pram ive ever owned!

Absolutely love this pram.
So easy to push one handed.
Also easy to fold one handed whilst holding baby.
Glides along with ease even up gutters.
Pram is great on both smooth and rough surfaces with the ability to lock the front wheel if walking on gravel.
Comfy ride for baby with great suspension and handling.
My 3yo falls asleep in this pram she absolutely loves it never wants to get out!

Purchased in May 2018 at Baby Train for $549.00.

Love it!

Love this pram. I have used it for both my daughters. I first purchased it back in 2013 ad it is still going strong. Great storage at the bottom, smooth to push, easy to pack away and easy to clean. My husband who is a left arm amputee doesn't have any issues opening and closing it. Highly recommend. If you are wanting to run, I would upgrade to the next model however this one is great to walk with.

Purchased in October 2013.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hey Katho, Love to hear that your City Mini GT is going strong and if you provide care and maintenance it will last through many kids! We hope you and your family enjoy many more years of strolling! Cheers The Baby Jogger Customer Service Team.

Great pram for everyday!

I love this pram! It’s so smooth to push on any surface and doesn’t jolt and bump on tougher surfaces. My daughter loves going for walks in this pram and more often then not falls asleep comfortably. It’s easy to fold even one handed, and nice and compact.

Purchased in May 2018 at Baby Bunting Physical store.

Ease of Packing & Storage

Lightweight, easy to fold up and use in general

This is my first buggy and its perfect! Easy to fold up with one hand, not to heavy yet very sturdy in structure
The harness is easy to use and makes baby nice and secure especially if going over the bumpy ground.
Love the range of colours we got indigo blue and it washes really well, is baby food is spilt on it or vomit, just wipes off.

Great carry try underneath can fit a good amount of stuff in there.

Purchased in November 2018 at Baby Bunting for $699.00.

Great for Walking!

We have 2 prams as we were given one to use with a capsule but the City Jogger is by far the better pram. It’s so easy to manoeuvre and nice and light weight. We are so glad we went with this pram for over some other more expensive ones!

Purchased in May 2019 at Baby Bunting.

Best pram!

I worked as a nanny for a number of years so when I was pregnant I knew exactly what pram I wanted. I love this pram so much. I tell all my expecting friends it’s the only one worth getting!

Purchased in August 2017 at Toys R Us / Babies R Us for $500.00.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Jessica, Thank you so much for your positive review - we love the City Mini GT too! Kind Regards Baby Jogger Customer Service Team

Black bar restricting access to basket on GT2??

So disappointed in the new GT2 version of the City Mini. They have added a huge black bar across the bottom massively restricting access to the basket! Why?? I was borrowing a friends original GT which I loved so decided to buy my own which they recently updated to the GT2. So disappointed as the big basket was a huge selling point for me. I’m going to return the GT2 and get the original.
EDIT: BIG (bashful) EDIT. I used my GT2 for another week and have found the bar to be no problem at all. I can easily put things in the basket via the sides or under the bar. Fab! Something else I love is the canopy has 2 heights so my very tall 5 year old can fit while I baby wear my bub on long days out. She’s delighted! The added foot rest is so great on these days too. Amazing pram! I’ve edited from 2 to 5 stars

Purchased in June 2019 at Baby Bunting for $799.00.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Oh come on Tash. We have to gain a few more stars for all of the other amazing features we have on the new GT2. ;) What about the magnets on the canopy, all wheel suspension, upgraded wheels, height adjustable canopy, and let's not forget the calf support!! Do you know how many people have asked us for that calf support? it's amazing. We love hearing your feedback but the new version has SO many improvements that must outshine a bar design. We added elastic to the basket to help with the straight bar. Come on Tash... we're confident you have a few more stars in you to give ;) Kind Regards The Baby Jogger TeamHaha good comeback guys. I do like the new features you are right. Calf support is a great new feature. However, I found it a royal pain in the arse to get things in the basket and my nappy bag wouldn’t fit at all where it wasn’t a problem with the old version. I’m not sure why the bar was even changed? You could have had the perfect product! I assume it’s to improve structural integrity. Either way it’s a toss up as to whether the daily annoyance of the bar is worth all the new features. Perhaps it is for many, but not all.

Not perfect, but great value for money.

We looked at so many prams when researching on the internet, in stores, and in baby shows, to find and find the 'perfect' one. There was no perfect pram. Usually, they are too big, too heavy, or too expensive.
Many reviews just kept coming back to this Baby Jogger, so it was what we went with.
10 months in, and we still love it. For the first 5-6 months, we had bought a second-hand bassinet which was easy to attach to the pram. A little heavy, yes, but worked well. Easy to connect and disconnect, and covered up well.
Now that Baby is a bit older, the bassinet is in storage and we still love the pram.
It's easy to fold up, and put in the back of most boots. I have a small car, and for that, I just need to take a wheel off, which is easy enough, and it stores well. It's not a problem to fit in a medium-sized boot.
We even brought it overseas and stored it in a suitcase (took wheels off), so it was protected well!
The build quality I believe is great, and very solid. The wheels are big so it's very good on concrete or even some light bumps. You wouldn't take this running, or you wouldn't take this on all-terrains, but for everyday use, I have no complaints 10 months in.
My main day-to-day gripe is because of the back wheels, sometimes reversing and turning whilst reversing in tight spaces in shopping centres is a bit difficult, but that's nit-picking.
The other thing is probably that basket-space is not enormous at all, so something to consider for those that find this important. You find yourself trying to squeeze some shopping/baby stuff underneath.
For me though, considering we were looking at some prams that were $1000+ with the features we were after, and we found one for <$500 that does a magnificent job, I can't really complain that much.

Purchased in September 2018 at Amazon for $400.00.

Good for the price

Pros:
Quick easy fold
Compact fold
Light
Manoeuvrable with ability to lock or unlock front wheel easily
Medium basket
Reclines well and good ventilation with recline (and a wind cover if ventilation is not needed)
All terrain capable (see cons for more on this however) with reasonably large wheels
Great accessories, the rain cover is amazing! Even in heavy rain my baby stayed completely dry, the console is practical too
Mid range price

Cons:
Only forward facing (you can get a bassinet but there is no option to turn the seat)
Stiff suspension, this means it is easy for the driver but very bumpy for the baby if you’re actually going off trail. I would say this is a city pram, good for tootling around the shops but capable of going further.. if you intend to use it a lot in suburbia on/off curbs or off road I’d consider a buggy with more advanced suspension and ideally a tilt in space seat rather than recline
Whilst the basket is an okay size it’s hard to get to and ours even tore a bit on the side within 2 months of use
Our console also has a rip after only 2 months of use.. which leads me to think the quality of the materials used is below par

Purchased in November 2018.

Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Tab, Thank you for your feed back, we appreciate the effort to share your experience when using the City Mini GT. In regards to your Basket and Parent Console, you may be eligible to claim these issues under warranty. Please visit our website to lodge a Warranty Claim; https://babyjoggerstrollers.com.au/support-centrer/#warranty We look forward to assisting you very soon! Kind Regards, The Baby Jogger Customer Service Team :)

Love it! Almost perfect!

It is such a perfect pram for inner city living! Perfect for walks, catching public transport, jogging/running - even though they say it's not a "running" pram- it's excellent & smooth when you lock the front wheel!
It is SO easy to fold, get in/out of the car, my friends can never believe how quickly I get our stuff out of the car & we're ready to go!
It is sturdy, adjustable handle AND the handle isn't that gross foam one the Bob stroller has...it would get so dirty & sweaty! This is a nice grippy rubber handle.
Only reason I gave it a 4 is the BASKET SPACE! Because we do shop on foot alot it is just an annoyingly small basket space to get bags in & out of (and constantly getting snacks/water/hat/crap out of is annoying because of the back bar in the way!!) So the only way it to hang bags off the handlebar when shopping...but otherwise, perfect pram!

Purchased in September 2017 at Toys R Us / Babies R Us Physical store for $600.00.

Ease of Packing & Storage

Great value and reliable pram

When looking at buying a pram for our first child, I had no idea how expensive these things were. I was shocked at how expensive some the brands were. So when I came across this I was delighted. Especially since it had pretty good reviews, and ticked many of my requirements.

Price: Amazon had a deal that sold this for $375, which is much cheaper than some of the second prams.

Baby size range: from new born onwards. Although I was able to get a secondhand babyjogger deluxe bassinet and am able to comfortably transport my precious with minimal interruptions (especially from all those pesky straps).

Weight: not the lightest pram. The lighter prams that weren’t exorbitantly priced looked like an OH&S hazard. So I don’t mind the weight considering the sense (cos I havne’t really pushed it the limits) of durability, which this pram offers.

Flexibility: The pram folds and unfolds fairly easily. Although locking mechanism can be improved as it can be easily overlooked and may open up when you don’t want it to. In fact I chipped the floorboard when unfolding cos it snapped open. With the bassinet we don’t have much space in the boot of our hatchback. Fortunately the wheels easily snap off and on making it easy to pack it.

Purchased in December 2018 at Amazon for $375.00.

Ease of Packing & Storage

So easy to use and comparable in price, just lacking some finer points

For anyone who is usually in a rush, this is a great pram.
Because setting up the pram to use literally involves undoing one side clip (and putting it away for storage involves pulling one handle) it is incredibly time efficient and low maintenance. It is also quite comparable in price to a lot of the other prams of similar quality. It is well made and structurally sound, and one important feature is the large diameter of the wheels, which means a less bumpy ride for your baby. It is versatile as you can attach adapters which allows to you connect capsules (even from other brands).
On the downside, the back of the seating area is simply one flat surface (that you can change the angles of), which means that it does not cradle your baby at all. For toddlers this is not a massive problem but for smaller kids they seem to slide around on the surface (even if the belts are tightened). Also, although the cover reaches quite far forward, there is still a very large opening at the front, where if walking against the wind, it becomes a wind tunnel.
One major selling point is that this pram is also one of the lighter prams available (weighing approximately 9kg). However, speaking from personal experience only, 9kg can be quite heavy to haul into and out of the car multiple times a day. Although other prams may weigh more in total, they can be taken apart and assembled for use, which means lighter pieces to lift overall (however they are less efficient).
The bottom line is that is pram is incredibly functional for the price, however the affordability is unfortunately compensated for by lacking the trimmings that other prams have.

Purchased in December 2017.

Comfortable and Practical

I've owned this strolled for over 2 years (from infant to toddler) and it's still in great condition. We use it nearly everyday. It's easy to clean and the fabric is surprisingly still in great condition.

Purchased in September 2016 for $421.63.

Ease of Packing & Storage

First baby with this pram and it does not disappoint!

With our first baby we decided to have a few features in mind - safety, ease of use, and portability. And it does not disappoint! It is light-weight and easy to fold up with a single action, making it easy to store/transfer with one hand.

It is easy to steer, and we have travelled with this pram for more than 100kms (!) of walking around the world with our baby in it in different terrains - and it hasn't got a loose screw anywhere!

The only gripe is the linen/cover needs a bit of effort to be removed for cleaning in the washing machine, which is not described in the manual but easily found online.

We will be saving this for our second baby and going to relive the joy of travelling again!

Purchased in December 2018.

Ease of Packing & Storage

Practical to use but expensive to maintain if key strap breaks

We bought this not inexpensive pram based on reviews and research.

After purchasing it took nearly 2 months to actually receive the product after buying through a local bricks and mortar retailer which had to be shipped from Baby Jogger.

Pros and cons of its practical features/benefits.
Pros
-It's *very* easy to fold/unfold
-It's easy to get in/out of car and is very compact
-It has a reasonable level of adjustment
-Safety is ok if you remember the lockstraps
-Flying with this is actually good
-Lots of access to see baby
-Fine for walking
-Wheels come out which is good for, say, packing a full car for holidays

Cons

-No hanging anything off handlebars
-Limited space underneath (noting it is a jogger)
-It's actually terrible for jogging / running - I'm sure it's fine on a flat concrete beach path but on road with any sort of grade or fall, it's poor
-The front wheel can sometimes get jacknifed/stuck

Perhaps the worst part of this product is there is a single woven strap that holds the top half of the baby up. Ours failed completely after approx 2 years after purchase - it's stored inside, out of the sun, so UV exposure does not explain this.

There is no option to buy just the strap, which couldn't cost more than a few dollars to make, and instead had to purchase the entire section that holds the baby, at a cost of approximately 25% of the original purchase price.

Beyond being wasteful - the old section is literally to be thrown into landfill for the sake of a cheap strap - it's sub standard product design.

For where we live, it's a poor running companion - hard to manoeuvre, goes off track easily, super bumpy on spray sealed roads. Perfectly fine for walking.

Would not buy again.

Purchased in December 2014 for $525.00.

Ease of Packing & Storage

Some great features and some not so great

Overall I think the pram is a great buy, and very good value for money. It is easy to manoeuvre and performs well on all surfaces and terrains. The suspension is very good I think. The two best features of this pram are it's weight (I got this pram because I have a bad back and this was one of the lightest on the market at the time of purchase) and how absolutely, amazingly easy it is to fold and unfold.
The two things I don't love about this pram are that the seat back doesn't seem to go up enough for my daughter - she still looks like she is lounging and can't reach her pram toy that is strung across the front. But then she is still very small at 10 months old. Also, it is quite tricky getting bulky items in and out of the basket on the bottom, especially when the pram is in lay back position.

Purchased in January 2018.

Easy to use

Nice and lightweight pram, easy to push and steer. Like a lot of others have mentioned it’s a great feature to be able to close this with one hand. I didn’t like the idea of my tiny newborn just laying down on the seat from birth with no support, so I got a capsule for the first 6 months.

Regretful decision

Looked at all the great reviews for this pram before buying but now I’m out to buy a different pram because:
- seat doesn’t have the option of being switched to rear facing. Didn’t realise I’d need this until we converted from bassinet to seat and my little one couldn’t see me and HATED being in his pram
- crazy small storage under pram, doesn’t fit my nappy bag
- can’t hang anything off the handlebars (so have to carry the nappy bag)
Definitely regretful purchase