MPN: MOWCLSBMRA360

See the Best Battery Lawn Mowers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Absolute Rubbish

It feels like a toy lawn mower i had as a kid. Very poor quality in build and performance. I made the mistake of buying this and regretting it when after just a few uses the battery would not charge so i took it to Edisons and they were supposed to replace the battery and solve the problem but 1 month later the battery failed to charge again. This thing is a curse and i sent it all back and i expect a full refund. Spend a bit more and buy a Ryobi.

Purchased in February 2019 at Edisons for $260.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Wet / Damp Grass Performance
Battery Life
Product is used: Occasionally

Missing parts

Purchased the MOWCLSBMRA360 (mk II production batch) but the red safety key required for the engine to start was not supplied with the mower (missing) The part appears not to be covered by warranty and is out of stock and unavailable from the national supplier (edisons). Complete farce.

Purchased in April 2019 at Crazy Sales for $300.00.

These Baumr-AG 36V li-ion mowers are great for the small-med (30 sq metre) lawns at both my friend's

I told my friend in Hornsby Heights that for Christmas I was gonna buy him a li-ion mower, and when the 36V Baumr-AG arrived it was perfect for his small-med lawn - with no ext cord - lightweight, sturdy but small! He was so excited that he sung its praises over the fence to his next door neighbour, so in the end I ordered another for him also! (they both had Victa electric mowers before - with extension cords - so I guess they go kerbside next time). The only thing I was a bit apprehensive about before it arrived was the longevity of the battery. Turns out I was worried about nothing. One battery only uses about half its charge on his 30 sq metre lawn.

Edit: They are both still going strong with no sign of problems 4 months later

Purchased in December 2018 at Edisons.

Noise Level
Safety
Wet / Damp Grass Performance
Battery Life
Product is used: Weekly

Broke after not even a full mow.

To begin with, I was surprised by what an effective little thing it was. Wasn't expecting much from a battery-powered mower, but I was impressed.

Then, after the second charge, the battery contact fried and it no longer functions. Now I have to deal with the nuisance of returning a mower, but I guess that's what I get for buying cheap plastic.

EDIT: After advising of the fault, the manufacturer promptly responded and offered to send a spare part for me to replace (rather the re-post the entire thing) which was done so quickly that I feel obliged to add this appendage.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Weak plastic mower... just lasted 13 months

Pretty disappointing... when i first received it .. it mowed half the lawn then failed... I had to go to the bother to return it...then it lasted just over 13 months...now land fill... don't buy this. It did feel flimsy like it wouldn't last long... i did have frequent issues where it wouldn't start

Date PurchasedOct 2010

Was intermittent in starting, then...

When this works, it was fine. The first issue was having to continuously try to 'start' it. Then, after last cut (17 months old) the battery will not charge from the charger. This, obviously is fatal and no recourse after a year warranty.

Ticked off, naturally. I'd not get one of these again as this poor level of battery performance and management is unacceptable in todays world.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

What a shocker!!

Have only used it twice...I can not get it to stay turned on, it just keeps cutting out. ... so my tiny lawn takes forever to mow. Can't find who I contact for service. I bought it on line but can't remember where..I obviously buy on line too much.

Elle

Date PurchasedAug 2018

No complains yet

If you are looking for something that just cuts grass and is cheap then this is what you want. Unlike my friends who wants their lawn to look beautiful and measured to some weird measurements, i just want it to cut. I live in a rental, and cudnt care less about how it looks.
Uneven terrain , lawn size of probably a cricket pitch, a volleyball court and maybe a half court of a basketball court. It cuts everything in one charge if the length is of a reasonable height. If its knee high you might need two charges. I cant complain, its Light weight, runs on battery so no need fuel and no wire hanging on ur shoulder like the electric ones. Push start, easy to assemble, catcher catches most of it, height adjustable and very less maintenance. I like it, gets the job done and doesnt break the bank. Its just been a month so hopefully it will keep working as it should.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Faulty Machine and Poor Customer Service

Cutting results are okay but issue is with reliability of machine. I have purchased 9 months ago has to repair twice, first of all On/Off switch was faulty and after replacement of machine now issue is with battery. It's more than two months still my is not repaired. I have requested for refund of money but not sure.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

perfect one for small lawn/backyard

I picked up one from auction online and turned out to be great little mower for my small lawn. The battery charges pretty fast and last for 40~60 minutes in one go. Less noisy compared to the petrol one I used earlier.

Assembly was quite easy and its light weight. Even my wife is able to use it easily.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Great little mower! Perfect for small to medium sized lawns.

I recently purchased this mower from e-Bay for $100. It was virtually new (customer that bought it didn't want it anymore and returned it to the company selling it on eBay). Came assembled when I picked it up and looked completely brand new and unused.

Pros:
- Very easy to use and start and surprisingly powerful. Cut through both my buffalo grass and kikuyu lawns without an issue. I don't cut my grass very short which helps - I think it would struggle with cutting through thick buffalo grass at a low setting (irrelevant as you shouldn't cut grass too short - it's not good for your lawns!!).
- Very light weight, easy to push around and manoeuvre and makes carrying and storing a breeze
- No need to worry about petrol, oil, air filters, spark plugs etc. etc.
- Battery lasts for at least 45 minutes when fully charged, probably a bit longer. Though I did notice that the power did drop slightly after about 45 minutes. I mow the thick buffalo grass first when the battery is fully charged and then the thinner kikuyu afterwards.
- Battery charge indicator lights very handy.
- Easy to charge with lightweight charger.

Cons:
- Overall the mower feels very plasticky and not robust so time will tell how well it will wear and if it will last. At $100 I'm not too bothered if it doesn't last for too long but I wouldn't be comfortable buying this at full price.
- The handle feels a bit flimsy and not the easiest to fold up when storing. Not really an issue for me as I just leave the handles in place when storing but if you needed to fold and unfold the handles each time then it would be bit of a nuisance.
- The height adjuster handle needs a but of grunt to adjust the height of the mower. Seems to move more smoothly the more I use it but again, doesn't feel very well made.
- The catcher as well doesn't seem very robust and again, replacing the catcher onto the mower after emptying it is a bit fiddly. It doesn't slot in nice and requires some jiggling around. Shame as these are small design flaws that could have been easily fixed.

Anyway overall I'm very happy with it, especially as I got it at such a cheap price. Definitely does a good job at mowing the lawn (even thick buffalo grass). Its just minor, small things which are a little annoying.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Easy assembly and easy to use but bettery could have been better!

I recently bought this mower on eBay. I think for the price I paid, I couldn't get any better. I first used it on long grass and was happy enough that it worked without any problem and battery lasted for around 45 minutes. Although I was expecting battery to do better and it got quite hot by the time it got flat.

It was easy to move around the mower even in long grass because it is light enough and at the same time handles once clapped are secure and strong enough to handle it. Also its height can be adjusted to 5 different levels accordingly. Besides mower comes with a power button along with safety bar, which are easy to use to operate it. Maintenance doesn't come handy as it's all manual process. You have to buy a pricey version of this to have it done automatically.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Value for Money, Light & Easy to use, Cuts GREAT.

I wasn’t sure if it would cut the long native grasses/weeds but it POWERED through no worries. It even mulched the small sticks that we’re hiding in the long grass. The battery lasted about an hour.
It’s so lightweight I can cut the grass with ease & NO sore joints afterwards.
Very happy that I took the chance on this purchase.

Date PurchasedSep 2017