Baumr-AG SX75

Baumr-AG SX75

5.0 from 1 review

I've cut 20 trailer loads of firewood - couldn't be happier. Highly recommend.

I've got 3 Baumr-AG chainsaws and can highly recommend them. We sell firewood for a bit of pocket money and have cut approx 20 to 30 trailer loads (maybe even more) of firewood with no problems at all. The firewood I cut is dry, dirty, old hardwood and the SX75 is a powerful saw, and cuts through big logs no problem. I have the SX62 also, which has a terrible air filter... the air filter on the SX75 is much better, and I have no problems with it. Overall I much prefer the SX75 to the SX62. The 75 is not much heavier than the 62. The only downside to the saws are the cheap chains that come with them. The teeth are all different sizes and overall it's rubbish. I used the supplied chain for a bit then bought a proper chain from GreenAcres Mowing on ebay and the saw cuts a lot better. If you can get a Carlton chain off ebay for this saw they are really good chains. The saw is well balanced, has no vibration in the handle... I can easily use it all day. Love it.

Some negative reviews of all sorts of chainsaws seem to not know how to maintain a chainsaw. With regular maintenance after every use the chainsaw will run like new for years...

Some reviewers talk about the chains on any saw going blunt and not staying sharp. A tip a tree lopper I ran into was to sharpen your chain every time you fill the fuel up. I do this and the saw cuts like new all day, every day. I tried the electric type disc sharpeners and didn't like them, they took too much muckign aorund to get it right and shaved too much metal off the tooth. I now use a Husqvarna SharpForce Chain Sharpener and love it. It's so easy and quick to use. Does a great job. Stihl has a similar product. Check them out on Youtube.

Also, when tensioning the saw blade, loosen the two nuts, lift the tip of the saw bar with your fingers (with the saw off), then adjust the chain tension until the chain hanging under the bar just touches the bar. Then tighten the two nuts. I've followed this method for ever and it works.

Purchased in August 2018 at Edisons for $170.00.

Safety