Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Very Reliable saw

I’ve owned several small chain saws , the 455 has not let me down. Easy to start and I use it almost on a weekly basis , sometimes everyday when cutting wood or building a log cabin . Knock on wood , i’ve never had to have any major service work done .

Date PurchasedJan 2010

One of the Best for general use

The Husqvarna 455 Rancher is one of the best all purpose chain saw I had in my hand. Reliable and hard working. Mine has a 20" bar and cuts through everything with the right chain. I have about three different styles of chain in any given time for felling and clean up, as well as one for wood laying on the ground.
    The only negative side here down under is the Husqvarna distributors. It took me a while to get the best and most responsive dealer to supply parts if they ever brake.
    As the Rancher 455 is a US manufactured saw and was purchased direct from the USA you will need to be careful when purchasing your chains and other spares. You will need to xcross-ref your parts.
    Other then that 5 out of 5 stars

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Dont buy from Australia, buy from US and save 60%

I bought mine from ebay US after seeing the 60% cheaper price. It arrived in less than 10 days with tracking all the way along.
    Its my first chainsaw and I was able to put it together ok and got a good weekends use out of it. Chopped some green and some dry hardwood (AU gum species) and it sliced through no problems.
    A Great first chainsaw. Shop around, the Australian arm of this manufacturer robs us blind, buy the thing in the US, you can buy 2 for the price of 1. Not sure about warranty but dont care, mine was $505 delivered. Ill take my chances.
    Starts easy, affordable, robust.
    I had issues with the chain brake, quick youtube vid and its an easy fix, user error.

Use it on my 60 acre farm, use for up to 4 hours a day once or twice a month - trouble free, easy to service. 18 inch bar.
    On first use, wasn't sure about about the x-torq engine hype, but after about 2 hours use it seemed to run-in properly and became very strong, with easy cutting.
    powerful saw, for the capacity and weight , with lots of torque thru the mid to high rev range
    not much to dislike, air filter could be a little easier to access (as on 357 or 372) - a solid workhorse

fanno7669

Perfect, easy to start and use, extremely reliable.

Awesome saw and worth every cent, great quality with great warranty period and service. Extremely robust and powerful. Starts every time witout a problem.

theok

theokAU

Great saw with strong cutting performance. Very economical in fuel and reasonable light weight for a 55cc saw. Like heaps and highly recommended.
    Good working saw with plentiful of power for heavy work. It is reasonably light weight and yet durable for many hours of running.
    Don't quite like the factory fitted chain guide bar as it is somewhat light duty. I retrofit with an Oregon bar instead.

john ogle

john ogleasked

fuel mixture ratio using husky oil?

Bruce
    Bruce

I use 33:1 for the first couple of tanks to run the saw in then switch to 50:1 from then on once motor is worn in,
    but that is if your using genuine husqvarna 2-stroke oil.
    Currently have 3 huskys and will only use husky bar and 2-stroke oil! even in a stihl.

James peters

James petersasked

My new rancher has flooded on me today it's the second time I've used it it's says push the prime button 6 times before starting but it won't go do u think 6 times is to much? Or could there be an issue with my saw?

HuskyGuy

The 'prime button' you refer to is an air purge system. You can not flood your chainsaw with it. Once cycled through the carburettor the fuel is dumped back in to the fuel tank. You could literally pump it 50,000 times and would be no worse than pumping it 6. More likely that you are missing the first little 'cough'. if you miss it and keep pulling, thats when you will flood your saw.

Swag350

Swag350asked

Has anyone had any issues with Husqvarna saws purchased from ebay? Are they exactly the same as the Dealer saws for parts etc.?

fanno7669

From what I can tell, they are the same apart from having a longer bar. I purchased mine from ebay and have never had a problem, was manufactured in sweeden and appears to have been imported through canada. In my opinion, well worth it at half price. I purchased an husqvarna carry case from the local dealer for around $50.00 after I received it.

HuskyGuy

Saws not purchased through Husqvarna Australia are not covered under Australian warranty. They also don't get certified for sale in Australia, so they can be trouble if you do an insurance claim if you injured yourself with the saw. They are not the only thing for sale in Australia that is more to buy than an item in the US.

Milo
    Milo

In trouble if you do an insurance claim? I suppose that is because if you have an accident the first thing an insurance company will ask is where did you buy the chainsaw and can we see the receipt. What nonsense. Even if they bothered to look at the chainsaw they will see it’s a Husqvarna and I suspect that’s where it stops.

Get an answer from our members and Husqvarna representatives

Download manual