Echo CS-310ES

Echo CS-310ES

See the Best Petrol Chainsaws in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Excellent domestic chainsaw, easy start, reliable, lightweight.

First timer for a chainsaw, researched the reviews then decided to buy this model. Very user friendly even for the first timer. Because it is easy to start, smart design for the chain tension adjustment, lightweight. It does all the jobs that $400 chainsaw suppose to do. I have only used it for 2 days about 2 hours in total, however from the personal experience with all types of tools this chainsaw seems reliable.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

top saw

this saw is good in tight bush as it is light. use a 3/16 file not the smaller one recommended and use semi chisel chains as they do not de-chrome on cutter tips if you hit gravel etc in old logs. file flat with semi-chisel chains and 10 degrees down with full chisel, this is critical . if you set depth gauges correct they will cut big trees and not bog down. I dropped two 60 foot stringy barks effortlessly on a steep slope near my house. starts first or second pull when hot and weighs a fraction of my bigger saws.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Longevity of our echo chin saw. Not the review of the chain saw above.

My husband purchased our echo in 1981 and it hasn't missed a beat. The brand is Echo little Champ. Bought at Ray Wason's mower shop in Wangaratta Victoria. Cannot put the year in in the space below as it doesn't go back that far. This chain saw has spent a lot of its life gathering wood for pensioners wood fires in Wangaratta Vic. Hope u find this interesting.

Date PurchasedMar 1997

Crap. Disapointed and i have 2 off them. A mug to buy the second one. I also have echo 370es. Not im

Echo.i Have a 370es. Not as good as budget husky of some years ago.
I have an echo 310es. Very ordinary. Leaked oil for most of its life. Needs to be nursed. The husky just starts and gets into it.
I alliwed the sales person to talk me into anorher echo 310es. What a mug i am. Brand new and supposedly ready to go. Woukd not make a cut.
Going back this week to where it came from.
Sort the the damn thing out. Can we get it cutting. Brand spanking new and not able to do what it is designed for. Rubbish???
So i have 3 echo chainsaws. Dont waste your time on them.
Maybe i will try skill.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Light and reliable

I have owned three chainsaws - this, a Stihl and a Husqvarna.
The Echo is my favourite. It's light and starts on the second pull overtime. I use it for everything less the the bar length. As long as the chain is kept sharp, it does everything.
I wish the bigger models were more available.

Date PurchasedApr 2015

Great little saw

I live on a farm and use 2 chainsaws - a big one for logs and a small one for saplings, pruning, firewood, etc. Bought this little Echo 14 inch to replace an ageing Ryobi 20 inch. The big one I have by the way is a Shindaiwa with a 24 inch bar, which is made by the same mob as Echo. When I went into Ausrural they showed me a Husqvarna with a 14 inch bar for the same price and I was not terribly impressed - looked flimsy and definitely not anything close to commercial grade. Ausrural sell Echo chainsaws but didn't have any in stock so I placed an order for one on faith from how good my Shindaiwa is. Exact same price and spec as the Husqvarna - $399.
The Echo arrived the other day and I must say I am impressed. Same high quality build as the big Shindaiwa and goes like mad. Also very light so easy to lift high for branch pruning. Pretty good on fuel as well I must say - lasts a good deal longer than the Shindaiwa. I am really impressed with this Echo, almost moreso than my much-loved Shindaiwa - other than having a shorter bar it does everything better. I have never had any quality issues with either of my 2 Shindaiwa tools (the other being a brushcutter) so I am sure this Echo will last forever as well. They are all designed and built in Japan which says it all.
I highly recommend this saw for anyone in the market for a 14 inch bar. Same price as the Husky (and Stihl too I believe), with really excellent Japanese quality. My Shindaiwa starts 2nd pull every time (once choke on, once choke off) and this Echo is doing exactly the same so far. Oh by the way one thing I prefer on the Echo over the Shindaiwa (and the Ryobi) is the chain tensioner is on the side which is must easier to get to than in the front. Air filter easy to get to as well (unlike the Ryobi). Echo are not a super big player in Aus but they are bargain priced considering the top shelf quality.

Date PurchasedOct 2016