3BCF Wanderer Magnitude

4.3

ColicSydney, NSW47 posts
Muzza7mm2 posts

Great little tent for 1-2 persons

Used at least 15 times now, in best and worst weather. Torrential rain and gale force winds, this tent has seen it all and stayed waterproof throughout. Easy for one person to set up In about 10 minute. Only issue I have is the awning is a bit small and not designed to be up in the rain, but by angling the front poles, will stay dry when in there. 5 stars from me. Wish I could find another! Show details
Consumer
Consumer2 posts

Great tent. Value for money

Bought this tent Wanderer Magnitude 6V from BCF to replace my 4P instant up tent. Very happy with the product. Sure it doesn’t setup as quick as instant tents. But it performed well in the environments I camped in and I think it’s in the right price point. The fibreglass poles also gave me the assurance of easily available parts. Bag that came with it is quite tight. So purchased the Campfire BBQ canvas bag from Kings and it was perfect, which I can even put in the ground tarp in the bag with the tent. Show details
Katrina B.
Katrina B.Perth, WA

Didn’t last 1 camping trip

I bought this tent the other week, have just returned for a refund. This tent didn’t even last 1 night before one of the poles broke in 23km/hr winds. The tent did hold up for the rest of the weekend thankfully so we didn’t have to go home early.
The tent is very spacious and other than being hard to get the outer fly over due to the height it’s easy enough to set up and pack-away by 1 person. I love that it’s got the front under cover but where we can put the esky and food box under cover without actually being in the tent itself.
If it wasn’t for the pole breaking it could have been a great tent. Show details
Graeme
GraemeSouth-Eastern Region, NSW4 posts
  BCF Wanderer Magnitude

BCF not publishing all reviews

I purchased the Wanderer Shade tent from BCF and received it nearly 2 weeks later. I left a review on the BCF site regarding the time that it took and no simple instructions in setting it up. I thought that it was being dropped shipped from China due to the time it took to receive it but eventually found that it was shipped from Western Australia. I did put that in my review on the product. What BCF do is they check all reviews and only put favorable ones up on their site. My understanding is that this is illegal and that is why Trip Advisor were fined for doing the same thing. Show details
Yowey59
Yowey59Childers

Assembly

Instruction are terrible what little there are. I stated this was my first tent and told it is easy to set up. I have tried 3 times now and still havent had it set up corectly. Pegs bend when hit into the ground, awning posts and ropes are very light and are hard to tighten to stop moving. Would never recomend buying this tent very flimsy

quality1st
quality1st7 posts

Mediocre at best

We've used this tent a few times and can never get the fly positioned correctly, so the fly touches the tent and leaks in a dew. Thankfully we've never been in it in the rain. The tent comes with no actual instructions and there are no helpful videos online that I can find, other than the retailers fluffy promotional video. The pegs are flimsy and bend at the slightest resistance, and the "awning" posts have the structural integrity of a pipe cleaner. Other than that its okay.

Sare
SareMelbourne14 posts

Nice and Sturdy

Although it takes a little longer to set up, it is, however a fantastic and very sturdy tent. We have used roughly 5 times since our purchase last year, stays pretty dry when it rains. Tearing down isn't an easy job and usually requires two people to set up and tear down, but to have a sturdy tent - its worth the compromise. I love how theres 3 different entrances, 2 in the front area and 1 in the back area. The 2 rooms can be separated by zipping the partition up. Overall a very good tent that holds up in the weather.

Yusufs outdoors
Yusufs outdoorsGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC83 posts
  3 Person

Very good quality tent

Good quality purchased from bcf for 69 dollars. I have the 3 person size and it fits 3 people comfortably. Has plenty of room for a double or queen air bed and has options for a electric cable mounting available if needed. I pitched up the tent my self in about 25 minutes and took me about 15 minutes to put away. The tent was up in some light rain and it did not leak and holds up well in 20 to 30 kmph winds I cannot fault this tent so far it's is a good product

Warren Moyses
Warren Moyses4 posts
  4 Person

A great Tent at a good price!

I've used this tent for over twelve months on at least a dozen occasions. 10 minute set up and rather sturdy even though so simple. Good wind resistance and stability in winter with plenty of venting when needed. I've had it out in storm weather and stayed perfectly dry.

andy
andyNSW, 24895 posts
  9 Person

wanderer magnitude 9v

I would recommend the wanderer magnitude to anyone.. Great tent that handled heavy wind and rain at crescent head without a drama.. Very roomy inside and Handles the winter months with ease

NightLily
NightLilyPerth, WA10 posts

Good family tent

We’ve made good use of this family size tent. Easy enough to set up.

We sleep two adults and 3 kids in one section while the other section is filled with our belongings.

We would happily purchase this model again.

Ben H.
Ben H. · BCF Wanderer Magnitude Plus - 6 Person

What is the price for this item

Colic

Googling "current price BCF wanderer magnitude 6" will give you the most up to date info.

jackharriswork6
jackharriswork6 · BCF Wanderer Magnitude 4 Person

how does it handle in hot weather?

Muzza7mm

All good, just roll the window covers up and secure, and the mesh windows still allow a breeze through. I peg my window covers out at night to allow nighttime breeze.

psco4963
psco4963 · BCF Wanderer Magnitude

Are the seams on the fly of the Wanderer Magnitude 4-person (or any of the tents in this range) tape sealed? I.e. do they have a layer of tape over the inside of the seam to increase the waterproofing capability?

Woof B.
Woof B.

Mine did but this will eventually fall off usually after 2-4 years even if not used much. Then it's out with the silicone or an excuse for a new one. Silicone works if you have the time to treat the seems.

See all BCF Wanderer Magnitude questions