3Coleman Chalet 9 CV

Portability

vjulie
vjulieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC5 posts

Love it, Much better than Instant tents - Especially in Strong Wind

Been using this tent for just over 4 months, used the tent 4 times, 2-4 days trips, plenty of room for family of 4, easily could fit another 3 adults, no problems with height(I am 180cm), good airflow throughout, holds well in strong wind - my friend had instant tent from Coleman but was struggling. Take about 15-20 min to set up, same amount of time to pack away. Show details
Portability
Naghag
Naghag

Won’t rebuy Coleman

After using twice, 6 weeks and 2 weeks, fly rotted from sunlight. Was refused warranty and told that tent wasn’t meant to be used outside for so long. Will never trust Coleman products again. Agent also was unable to source replacement fly. Very disappointed.

V Stanky
V StankyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA33 posts

Storm proof

We've used our Chalet 9 CV XL tent twice a year for almost 10 years. We've had extreme weather and have not had an issue... until recently where we had a seam leak during long, flooding style rain. Not bad for a 10yr old tent.

Paul H
Paul HCoombs 2611, ACT5 posts

Storm proof -- for sure!

I have had this tent for about 3 years now and go camping with my wife and 4 young children around 3-4 times a year. It's a little bit tight for all 6 of us but functional. Recently, we camped near the beach in NSW during a pretty nasty storm (140 mm rain) and not one of us got wet! The tent stayed together -- even in the strong winds. Everyone was asking the next day how we got on and were genuinely surprised that we had faired so well; other campers weren't so lucky. So, if you are looking for a storm-proof tent for a growing family -- look no further!

Christian Biggins
Christian BigginsSydneyAustralia15 posts

GlenBtisbane2 posts

Great tent for money spent

I have had my tent for 5 years now and has been well used mainly on the beach side of camping. It has stood up to some huge storms with no issues. Some of The poles have split over the years but have been able to get replacements. The only other issue I have is that the sippers have corroded due to salt spray which is to be expected to all the beach camping over the years. I have been more than happy with my tent and currently looking at buying another one the same.
Very stable good value for money, easy to erect
Weight
Karyn
KarynBathurst2 posts

aussie_chik79
aussie_chik79

Look up the Office of Fair Trading. I'm positive they have to give you a refund if the goods are faulty. Don't play their game. Just lodge your complaint online and let the ombudsmen deal with them. That way things will get sorted real quick smart!

beulah
beulah

Easy set up, durable and affordable

I had been looking for a durable and affordable tent for my vacation camping. The ones I had had in the past were either a pain in the neck to set up or they were really cheap and practically disposable tents. This Coleman Chalet is very durable and pretty easy to set up. I is definitely a good price too.
durable
glidagidaHunter Region, NSW23 posts

Great tent

Had to use this tent for an extended time and it was great. From tropical storms, downpours and 70 knot winds[ we picked a sheltered location] - it survived. The centre roof poles bowed to within 1m of the ground, but it survived.

Never a seam leak, none!

The only complaint is that the porch/fly is too small and does not allow cooking in bad weather.

Slightly complicated to erect, but worth it.
Toughness/waterproofing
Small porch, a bit complicated to set up.

clairebelle17 posts

shaunms
shaunmsHunter Region, NSW26 posts

Hello123
Hello123Sydney, NSW17 posts

Great tent for the family

We have used our tent in all conditions with heavy rain and strong southerly winds. It was great with no leaks.
No leaks and did not collapse under strong wind conditions.
Design of the awning does not allow it to be opened during rain. If you have the awning open and up then the rain begins to pool on the top. Therefore the tent will always have to be closed and zipped during rain.
Kerrie39
Kerrie39AU

Have found this tent great

Have camped with this tent on many occasions, we have family of 4 but often sleep 4 kids in 1 compartment, store our kitchen etc in centre leaving the other compartment for the grownups, easily fits our camp stretchers and bags. This tent becomes the central hub of our groups when camping and some have a cabin! All types of weather have been encountered and this tent has coped with it all.
roomy, when kids are in they have to leave via centre compartment so you know who is coming or going! Very easy to put up / down
susie-g
susie-gAU

Great family tent

We have really enjoyed this tent as a family of 5, and sometimes extras. It is great with wind and rain and HEAPs of room. Because of height, it is much easier if two adults are around to put the fly on, but my 10yo is now almost tall enough. I struggle to do it on my own.

Even my "I hate camping" husband is keen to come along.
Space.

Taz Hendy
Taz Hendy

I'm Planning a trip around Australia and am in the market for a good quality tent that will withstand pretty well any weather conditions. i will be camping for majority of the trip. Can anyone suggest a good tent to buy?

Diana McGovern

Are the Poles Zips replaceable? Does anyone know the cost to do so and where? Our zips have broken due to calcium or similar(white) build up and one pole has split. Do you know how to stop the zips from doing this in future?

Simon Coombs
Simon Coombs

Do you need to put a tarp under the tent prior to set-up?

Cheers

glidagida

Its not essential but we will be doing it in future as it makes cleaning the bottom of the tent so much easier.

Cheers

clairebelle

We never did and didn't have any problems with it, although we also try and make sure we are not camping in any areas where water might pool in heavey rain.

CategoryTents