25 questions from our users
its not really a questrion its just i had a look at your site and now you just endlessly send me fake woman who want to meet etc its a scam i read hundreds of stories of how this site is a scamn so no more emails just leave me alone if you were real id spend money with you but your not so go away
Has anyone successfully cancelled their subscription and gotton their money back??? I am single mum who is unemployed and cannot afford this total nightmare I've just got myself into! Hard lesson to learn and wish I had found these reviews before diving in. What is the best way to make sure no more money is taken from me? I am so mortified and feel sick
My best advice is to get hold of bank an if have also paypal too lock/replace card an block them from taking out money also with paypal as they will send message an you decline them. You have roughly depending on bank roughly 30-90 days too prove have attempted with them also. I have changed card an also locked with paypal them as also having no luck with this and made claim/complaint with westpac. Incase no success an prove have attempted.
I started to fill in profile, came back to it and it won't allow my email, says duplicate ?
Firstly you need to get off that site.It is the worse dating site you could possibly choose. Send Be2 an email asking them to remove your profiles and emails. If you don't have any luck there, go to Trustpilot. They reply fairly quickly once you put a compliant in on Trustpilot. Good Luck
I have sent letters cancelling now received a letter to pay so much in euros or debt collectors can anyone tell me what to do please. I feel threatened and risk ruining my credit
Rating. Please help
My name is Angela I joined your website by mistake my granddaughter did it my husband just died and I am a widow I am trying desperately to get my money back but nobody is replying to me I don’t want to start lawyers I don’t have the funds to do itPlease could somebody telephone me [number removed] fraud people have been investigating your company for me there is a big problem
helo i not beven joined up nwth you my namev is yvonne thomas you have taken out 194 di
ollars out of mt
y account i dont think this is right i dont have your dating sir
te i want my money back this is not right
Why have you fraudulently deducted AUD79.96 from my account on 28/10/19?
My name is Robert Christie and I have never joined your online dating service
Will you please undertake to credit the same amount into my account today please?
I want to know how to get rid of the messages and the profiles as they are out of my range I asked for Manchester area not outside it which most of them are and I am not interested in them
Sorry cant answer that;it sounds the site does not have enough capability.I found this site too unworkable.could not make real contacts And dont forget to Send a written letter to terminate subscriptions.I deleted my account but it doesnt cancel Subscriptions.austin,
I got completely ripped off by this company they kept renewing my subscription. I tried every way possible to cancel my membership. I have tried to contact them via the Customer Service email and only received vague answers. They're scammers. I had to cancel my credit card to avoid their charges. Beware! They're scammers
Yes, scammers. Thankfully I paid with PayPal and withdrew all my connected bank accounts ( the first debit was to an account I had recently closed but forgot to update with PayPal) . I have had contact with them and asked them to cancel my membership. They told me to put it in an attachment with my name and email clear. Seriously?!?! How did they respond to me? By email with my name clearly at the bottom. They got $30 from me ( someone paid into my paypal before I could stop them) but they will not get another cent!
I think getting your bank involved is the only solution.
Why won't singles50 Australia refund my money as I realised I was ripped off immediately and emailed them as soon as I found an email address.
It is LAW here in Australia to refund but why are you ripping me off. Why aren't there any phone details to contact you?
they wont deviate from their terms and conditions which are formulated in luxembourg.write to customer service;thats the only to get a response check how your sitch is defined.you must send a signed cancellation of subscription-14 days before end.Other reviews suggest.they are devious;hiding behind their T n Cs or worse.they are supposed to notify you before subscription;you can say what like but its all proceedure with them.wary people read TnCs yeah austin
B2 is sending me their collection agency. I did email b2 my request of cancellation of which was only answered with an automated email "we will get back to you within 48 hour". They simply ignored my request. B2 is a SCAM!!! Christine
Has anyone been signed up to this service without your authorisation? Somehow they managed to get my card details and I have been signed up and charged but I have no way of contacting them because I have no details of the account. Any assistance would be appreciated.
Were u a member on their site for a month because if so unless u cancell they just keep taking money out - my probem was i cancelled and they kept stuffing around abd charged me 3 mths again some 187$. The bank git it back but i had to order a new card - they only get your card number not your account number - but they are ruthless - zoosk is the best site
I have never been a member. They charged me $299. I have reported it to the bank and have cancelled my card but I want know who the member is that scammed my card.
How can I find out how to find my profile that I have paid for because I locked myself out off my account and I have forgotten my email address and password
I have just received a letter at my daughters address from ARL demanding payment from BE2. Ive never heard of them before and I have no other correspondence from them, except a letter of demand from the collection agency. What can I do? It’s $316. I thought these sites always demanded their money up front??
The collection agency is just acting on behalf of B2 do not give them your bank details under any circumstances there should be an email address
For b2 write them an email saying that you have never use their site and they would know that because they have not got your bank details and let them know that you would not be paying for a service that you have not received and do not want to receive and keep a copy for yourself and cc copy to the collection agency.
I hope this helps and you do not hear from them again.
After these scumbags rip you off and threaten to take legal action, has anyone in Australia recently had action taken against them for non-payment of the $200-300 they are requesting? I'd like some feedback from users in regards to this matter, the ACCC didn't seem to want to know about it, but basically said contact the authorities in the home country of the website.
Secondly, how is it allowed that a company like this with a proven track record of scamming users (both young and old out of their hard earned money, knowing full well they will make their life hell through fine print and other tricky means) that they can operate a '.com.au' based website (it was my understanding that you needed to be an An Australian registered company to even have a .com.au domain name) pretending to be an Australian company who don't even have an office here, or their website registered to an Australian company. Needs to be protections in place here i think.
You won't win by trying to get your money back. Cut your losses and get a new card so they can't bill you again. aCCC are aware but its not really their brief. They absolutely will not refund you. Ignore threats. That's just posturing. No Australian collections agency will hassle you.
I am in the same position. It is so sad that so many genuine people are losing so much money(and probably too embarrassed to say so) & there doesn't seem to be any one here in Australia that cares. I thought we would be protected from scams like this site but it looks like we are not. I wish I had read these reviews before signing up.
Hello, my friend has been scammed by Be2. She's in her 60s and isn't very tech-savy. Is there any Australian companies that can help when this happens?
So far I am asking her to draft a termination email which I will get her to e-sign. Then we will send a paper copy via registered post and fax to the address in Luxembourg, then cancel her card that the payment has been made from. Can anyone suggest anything I have missed here? She's pretty upset by the whole thing and as the resident 'Gen-y-er' I want to be able to help as best I can.
Cancelling and getting a new card should work, but forget about trying to retrieve the money you've lost. You would need to start with the bank and it would probably be fruitless. Tell the bank you'd like a new card because you lost yours and someone has used it for a debit. It doesn't matter if the records say Be2. Just plead ignorance. Faxing and letters won't get you a refund.
Try speaking to the bank. My bank refunded my
Money as I told them it was a scam - which it is!!! You may get your money back it’s worth a try. I
Just explained that they their site was misleading with the charges (which you can see by most of the comments on here) and that you were only expecting to pay x amount. I wrote a note requesting them to cancel my subscription on a piece of paper signed it - took a photo of it and sent it to them. This was their suggestion and it worked. Although they said they received it too late. That’s another story lol but my card is cancelled so they can’t charge me any more money. Good luck
Hi Guys, i have also been on the Be2.com site, and also got stung form it also, i was on for apx 2 weeks, and i wanted to remove my account, and it said got to your settings.. bla bla bla...and it went in circles..and then i also asked them for all the transactions that i sent them via email and web mail.. still waiting 3weeks latter.. so i toild them ..sorry im not paying for a service that i did not get... and yes Be2.com is a scam..
I wish I had read these reviews before I signed up. I signed up for a 6 month premium membership beginning on the 19th of May, 2016. I was unhappy with the site and found that it just wasn't for me. I had no control in who I wanted to contact, and a lot of the profilers I got were not my types. I cancelled my membership on 7th of July, 6 weeks after joining. I didn't pay for the second instalment of 3 months which was due on 19th of August. I have received an email from Be2 requesting payment. I wrote back to them saying I have already cancelled because I am unhappy with the service, and another email has come requesting payment due to the contractual agreement. Be2 are threatening to get the debt collectors involved.....Does anyone have any advice? I thought that if you were not happy with the product or service you can cancelled with no more costs. There is no concern from Be2 over customer satisfaction. Any advice please ??
Yes I understand your predicament as many have experienced this also. I stood against their threats to take legal action.
They contacted debt collector here and tried to harass me with them.I contacted the debt collectors and told them what had transpired between b2 and myself. I said please check out the reviews on this company yourself and see the scam it is.
They emailed back and said they would take no further action. Case closed. At last!!
Hope this helps.
I have learnt to check reviews now after this experience.
Please read Terms and conditions" I have "copy and paste" for you to read.
The only hope for you:is to write a letter "certify" to the manager:
To Luxemberg (address below)and form.
Model withdrawal form
(complete and return this form only if you wish to withdraw from the contract)
- To be2 S.à.r.l., Academic Singles Customer Service/Withdrawal, 13 rue du Commerce, L-1351 Luxembourg, Luxembourg:
- I/We (*) hereby give notice that I/We (*) withdraw from my/our (*) contract of sale of the following goods (*)/for the provision of the
Following service (*),
- Ordered on (*)/received on (*): __________________________
- Name of consumer (s): __________________________
- Address of consumer(s): __________________________
- Signature of consumer(s) (only if this form is notified on paper): __________________________
(*) Delete as appropriate
14. Termination and suspension of Services
(1) We may immediately terminate the Customer Contract if:
(A) any sum owing to Us from the Customer remains unpaid after the due date for payment;
(B) the Customer uses the Services and/or the Site in an unlawful manner; or
(C) the Customer commits any breach of these Conditions or the Contract.
(2) Where the Contract terminates pursuant to Condition 14(1) above, We will stop providing the Services and block the Customer's access to the Site.
(3) Such action by Us will not affect the Customer's payment obligations regarding any Premium Membership Services already ordered and all payments due under the Contract Period will become payable immediately.
(4) Upon termination of the Customer Contract as a result of the Customer's breach of these Conditions, the Customer will be liable to Us for an amount, up to 250 pounds sterling, which reflects a genuine per-estimate of Our loss in such circumstances. Such liability does not affect any claim which We may also have against the Customer for damages.
(5) The Customer may terminate the initial free Services at any time by clicking on the "delete profile" link found under "settings" on the Site. Alternatively, the Customer may provide written notice of such termination, by sending a notice containing Customer's email address as provided during registration, country of residence and username or number.
(6) Other than as detailed in Condition 13 above, the Customer may only terminate Premium Membership Services at the end of the Contract Period. To do so, he or she must serve notice to Us at the address designated below resp. On the Site or, where applicable, serve notice to Us using any other format permitted by Us from time to time. In any event, the service of notice must contain Customer's email address as provided during registration, country of residence and username or number, name of the used product "Academic Singles". Where an online termination
Process is available, termination may also occur by following the relevant link on the Site. Termination must occur at least 14 days prior to the expiry of the respective Contract Period or within any other notice period provided when an application for Premium Membership Services is accepted, otherwise the provisions of Condition 15(1) will apply.
The termination must be sent to:
Academic Singles Customer Service / Termination
13 rue du Commerce
(7) Please note that a subscription for Premium Membership Services cannot be terminated by a Customer deleting his or her profile. Where a Customer receiving Premium Membership Services deletes his or her profile, his or her payment obligations for Premium Membership Services remain unaffected and such Customer will not receive a reimbursement of any payments made. By deleting his or her profile, the Customer solely waives his or her right to continue to benefit from the Services.
(8) We may wholly or partly suspend the Services at any time. We will inform Customers about the nature of any planned suspension as soon as possible and will endeavor to do so at least 14 days prior to such suspension. Should such suspension continue beyond 3 months, any Customer who has paid for Premium Membership Services, but who has not yet received such Services, will be entitled to receive repayment of any money
Paid but, in doing so, agrees that the Contract has been terminated.
15. Extension of contract
(1) At the end of each Contract Period, the Contract will be automatically extended and continue for a period equal to the original Contract
Period until the Customer terminates his or her Contract in accordance with Condition 14(6) above.
(2) Condition 15(1) above will not apply to trial subscriptions, sales campaigns and any other similar circumstance (as confirmed by Us). In such
Cases, the Customer will be informed of the relevant Contract Period, the possibility of termination and any automatic extension of the Contract
Period that may apply.
(1) Once the Customer's application for Premium Membership Services has been accepted and the payment transaction has been completed successfully, the Customer's payment card will be debited immediately.
(2) An invoice will be processed and dispatched to the Customer as receipt of his or her payment for Premium Membership Services within 30 days of his or her payment being received and cleared.
(3) We recommend that the Customer prints out all transaction data and keeps it in a safe and easily accessible place.
(4) Unless otherwise expressly stated in writing, all prices are inclusive of VAT, which will be charged at the rate prevailing at the relevant tax point.
(5) Where payment is agreed to be made in installments, any delay or default by the Customer in making payment in respect of one installment will render all the remaining installments due immediately, and interest will be charged in accordance with Condition (6), with immediate effect until the date of actual payment.
(6) The rate of interest charged on late payments will be the statutory rate from time to time in force pursuant to the Late Payment of Commercial
Debts (Interest) Act 1998.
(7) The Customer will be liable for all, costs incurred by us resulting from any credit card, debit card or other payment or payment application
Not being duly met or made at the first attempt and will pay all costs of further applications or representations made for payment.
They are after your money this company ,without little regard for customer service.
If I were you :I will pay them because they have enough info of you to take you to the cleaners...They are PROFESSIONAL SCAMS ,you see
After you do this :we could have a campaign to discredit them.
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.