Beko DFN38450

Brilliant dishwasher

Had this dishwasher for about a month now.
It's brilliant, dishes come out clean and sparkling, and 90% dry (some plastic containers not so dry).
The modular frames and layout make for quite easy stacking.
The P6 cycle wash is our go to unless we have very heavily soiled dishes.

On a value for money basis (thus far) I reckon it easily beats DW 2-3x the price

We also took advantage of the opportunity to register and extend the warranty to 5 years

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Great dishwasher

What a great dishwasher. Compared to other dishwashers and compared to other prices this one is up there! Best feature is the delay timer which I love. Heaps of different setting for small washes, econwashes, longer more intense washes! Different levels of rinse aid and not overly noisy. Would highly recommend!

Date PurchasedNov 2017

So far so good

We decided to buy this dishwasher after reading other people's reviews, compare the reviews and prices with other makers. I think this is a good model with many different function menus to choose from. In fact, there are too many choices and I have tried only a couple of them so far. It cleans very well and very quiet as well.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Worthy replacement for Bosch SMU68MO5AU

Our Bosch died after 8 yrs reliable service, finally forcing decision to replace after 3 service callouts within weeks and increasing quotes for repair of initial E15 error code.
Purchased Beko replacement on recommendation of service tech at Appliances Online with 2yr manufacturer warranty extended to 5yrs gratis, upon registration.(Promo) & Inverter / brushless motor which on some models has a 10yr warranty.
Very impressed with this model. Wife says it washes better than the older Bosch, is quieter in operation, and steam gloss function actually results in drier plastic wear at end of cycle thanks to fan assist evaporation of hotter final rinse.
I selected white over stainless facia as most stainless offerings of other manufacturers have proven to corrode over time due to low grade stainless used on exteriors.
Take a magnet to store and test for yourself, if magnet is attracted to stainless, it isn't the genuine item and finish likely won't last, example Bosch.
At 1/3 the purchase price and more than double the warranty period offered by Bosch I am willing to give it a go.
I am now cautious of claims about superior german quality or engineering, as it seems they are slipping backwards, trying to compete with cheaper brands with very similar specs.
Will have to see yet if this purchase continues to deliver reliability over time.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Nice for 4 months, then a nightmare, with little BEKO service

This machine cleans ok, and drying works ok too, spacious and plenty of programs to choose from. Quiet and good short program. Our machine worked ok for 4 months but then the beeper started randomly going of. One board replaced under warranty, Now even worse, machine stops too then starts again. Apparently it's an known issue. Currently waiting for spares, now week 6, still no go. No more BEKO here, rubbish.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

good as my old dishlex

We purchased this dishwasher as a replacement, to our very reliable 21 years old dishlex which never needed repairs or servicing since the day it was purchased till the day it finally died, after 21 years of service. I don't expect the same life span on any dishwasher you would purchase today regardless of brand , they don't make them like the good old days when longetivity was a important issue, but that was then getting back to the new Beko dishwasher. We purchased it on the recommendation from the sales lady at our local Betta home living store in knox City Burwood. We have never used Beko appliances before or know of anyone who ones one so we were are litte bit apprehensive on whether to buy or should we purchasae a Bosh dishwasher as we were originally going to purchase. We have know been using the dishwasher for about 2 months and the first thing I noticed was the quietness ,as I was able to compare to the old dishlex silent series ( mind you the dishlex 21 years old was the best of the best in it's day ) . This dishwasher is very quite and will not wake up any little ones trying to sleep perfect for families. The dishwasher has 9 wash cycles plus a tube clean cycle, some might say to many cycles to chose from, but like us you will probably only use 1 or 2 of the cycles and it won't be much of an issue. The cycle we use most of the time is cycle P6 Which is the closest cycle to our old dishlex normal wash cycle mode. The result is very clean dishes with minimal water reside left on any dishes, ( note * we do not use rinse aid * this is a personnel choice). We like the many different configurations you can make to the holding baskets and the ceiling silverware basket works very well and cleans cutlery as it should. Know I have read other reviews on this Beko dishwasher and this may or may not help, but please read on. As stated before the program we mainly use is P6,this program has a cycle time of 58 minutes as per stated in the instruction manual however when we fist used the dishwasher I kept a close eye on it to observe that it is working as it should. To my surprise when the timer on the control panel was at remaining showing 11 minutes , I observed it reset to 31 minutes . This added 20 minutes to a 58 minute cycle ,making the total time 78 minutes. As I was not sure why it did this we repeated the same cycle P6 the following day and the same thing happened again. So not to panic I decided to do what they always tell you to do and read the manual . Know this may be of help to other people who have experienced the same thing, I read on page 32 under the bold print Automatic Detergent Detection Feature, that this machine has a feature which may increase wash cycle time by Yes you guessed it 20 minutes. Well on reading on it tells you how to deactivate this feature which I did and guess what I do not get the extra 20 minutes added to cycle time anymore. And here is the kicker I have observed the machine every time I run the cycle P6 during day time ( we normally run on time delay start at night while were sleeping to save on power cost), when the remaing time is at 21 minutes it changes down to 11 minutes in affect reducing the wash cycle time from 58 minutes to only 48 minutes saving 10 minutes, saving on time and energy Bonus. This reduction in wash time does not affect the cleanness of the dishes or drying affect. So for all the people how have had issues with added time to your wash cycles this may be the solution, If you have already tried this and made no difference then you best contact Beko for service. Even though we have only had this dishwasher for a short period of time up to know it has performed white well and only time will tell if it continues to to so , So if your looking for a new dishwasher maybe do as we did take a leap of faith and try this Beko unit . PS Just wanted to add for anyone who has had problems with time being added to cycle times and has had service repairs done for repairs to problem, but problem still is there. If you have not deactivated the time adding feature as mentioned above I advice you to do so before calling Beko for more service. The reason I mention this is just because you have had the machine repaired does not mean the issue you complained about has been fixed, if in fact it has been looked at at all. The reason I mention this is not to put down Beko service as I am not familiar with there service procedure, however I do know that a lot of service personnel that perform service for appliances ext, are only sub-contractors for the companies they work for and not experts on particular brands they service, which means they may not even be familiar with all the features of a particular brand/model so they look for what they think is wrong with the unit and do not look for other causes which could be causing the problem ( service personnel rarely read instruction manuals ). I hope this extra info has helped.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Love my new dishwasher.

My new Beko dishwasher cleans the dishes really well & dries them amazingly & so quiet. Couldn't here it at first once I turned it on. Easy to use with the different settings from 30 minutes to however long you need, as well, a steam gloss function. Love all the different places for your plates, glasses and a cutlery draw & even a basket for extra cutlery. Looked at all the others but this came out on top for me as a winner.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Does a good job!

We bought this dishwasher about 6 months ago. It does a good job. It cleans and dry the dishes very well. I use top of the range FINISH dishwashing tablets. It is not very noisy. Overall, I am happy with my purchase. Easy to clean stainless steel body is an added beauty.

Very Disappointing

We were previously using a Fisher and Paykel which worked for the past 7 years. We were offered a Beko and thus we tried it out. It worked out well but after like 4 weeks the timing program malfunctioned. One of the programs takes 1 hour to wash. 9 minutes to go (and I have it on video) the time would jump to 38 min. This has happened at least 5 times when we were able to catch it. I don't know when the malfunction started and we only caught it because we ran the machine on a weekend. We normally run it late at night thus we could have been wasting both energy and water. Beko repair took AGES. When the machine arrived after being repaired, the malfunction was still there. Our Fisher and Paykel worked for 7 years, Beko didn't even work for 7 months. We finally had it returned and exchanged for a brand new Fisher and Paykel. Never again with a Beko

Great dishwasher

Competitively priced. Quieter than a sleeping child. Easy to install and easy to programme. we bought ours 3 weeks ago. We've already saved on our water bill and I expect we'll continue to do so. Overall, a fantastic little appliance to the kitchen. Highly recommended. Well worth the <$500 investment.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

New machine but malfunctions after a few weeks...

I bought his machine a little over 2 months ago, and the electrical component of this machine started messing up. I 58 minute cycle becomes a 1 hour 20 cycle. The machine resets its time mid way through the wash cycle. So we have called to have the part replaced. It ran OK for a 2 weeks but the same problem happened again. Now I am booked for another service to have it repaired.
I am very disappointed. I wish I had to stuck to buying Fisher & Paykel as it never broke down on me for the last 7 years. This unit is less than 3 months old! Never again. Stick to the good old brands. Don't buy a Beko.

best for price range

I have used or exprienced a $1700 Siemens, $1500 Asko, $2000 Miele, $1000 Bosch. And i have to say this Beko model is on par with most of them. Ok, it is not good as the Siemens and Miele. However, this $700 Beko is much better than the Asko and the Bosch. It is sturdy, fast and efficient. So far so good. It has maybe too many settings to confuse some users. However, i recommend this model/brand to anyone. So glad i did my research and listened to the sales rep (rare they get it right)

Sparkling Clean

I've used dishwashers before, but never one that gives such a great wash. I always rinse my plates and other cups, glasses and cuttlery before I place them into the dishwasher, and then I use the Mini 65% wash and my dishes and glasses come out sparkling clean, the machine is so easy to keep clean, I'm so happy with the Beko brand.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Trusted sales person and do not regret

I bought this model few months back from JB and since then very happy with the dishwasher.
It runs smooth, really good in terms of saving water. Worth for the price.
I was initially wanted to buy BOSCH but then sales person convinced me to go with Beko and I don't regret.

Fantastic

We had to replace our dryer last year. I bought a Beko & absolutely love it. I knew our dishwasher didn't have too much life left in it. I decided straight away that I woud get a Beko. I did some research & settled upon the Beko DFN38450. I'm thoroughly impressed once again. My dishes have never been cleaner or shinier. It's quiet. I can modify the baskets according to what I'm loading into the dishwasher. It's child safe. It's easy to install & programme. It's definitely up there in quality of an expensive European appliance, minus the price tag. Very happy!

Disappointed: Very noisy

Cleans dishes well. Shelves slide in and out smoothly. Cycles are excessively long. I love the adjustable rack height and collapsible basket wires and the fact that anything adjustable or removable is coloured purple. Unfortunately it is exceptionally noisy. If you want a quiet dishwasher I suggest you give this one a miss.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

High price features at a low price :-)

Our old dishwasher finally gave up the ghost and we needed a replacement fast. We recently bought a Beko washing machine and love it so looked at their dishwashers. This one had good reviews and was half the price of the 'name' brands. It cleans our dishes brilliantly and has a fan dry function so they are dry (even plastic lunch boxes come out dry). I'm guessing dishwasher technology has moved on since our last dishwasher was made but even so I'm really impressed with our new machine, it's quiet, has nine wash settings, and fits heaps of dishes in (and cleans them). Favourite features are the removable wine glass rack and the extra pot was feature.

Cleans well

It's quiet. Clean dishes well but not always perfect. I never rinse my dishes, i leave them to dry for a few days and then put in dishwasher. Comes out clean! Cycles are too long, but good results unlike many other models. Haven't used it long, still very new, had some problems due to incorrectly connecting and contacted Beko servicing and they assist you over the phone. Promotional offer for pots took a month to arrive and they are not good quality. Dishwasher has many attachments which i think are pointless and have removed them -easy to detatch. So far, good performance and price was reasonable for a dishwasher.

reliable

it is the best dishwasher i have used. it removes hard stuck on food, leaving dishes sparkling clean with no streaks or residue..it is economical to use , this machine is fairly quiet and has numerous cycles and hot and cold water options.it is modern looking and attractive to the eye

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Just great

It cleans perfectly. Sometimes I need to give the glasses and cutlery a quick wipe before putting the dishes away. It is extremely silent, and I am generally very happy with it's performance. I would recommend this machine to others. My favourite features is the fact that the levels of space on both draws can be adjusted and that the cutlery box is moveable.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

just run my Beko for first time on program 8 30 minutes it gets down to 1 minute and stays there until I override it to make it stop. Any ideas?
Be been told the programming does not take into account the fill times, the heating of the water or the drying time. This makes the program seems like it runs longer and stalls at the 1 min mark. If left alone, the cycle should finish when completed.

Our dishwasher is very loud. Does anyone have the same problem or can give me suggestions on what to do to reduce the noise? Also, is it possible to turn off the 3 beeps which occur at the end of the cycle as this can also be loud in the middle of the night?
I use P3 cycle, no probs with sound, very quiet. Try it, if still noisy then call Beko servicing, they will assist you. Am assuming it's still under warranty?

We purchased this Beko dishwasher in February. Base on the advice in a previous review we've been using Programe 6 & running the cycle overnight. When opening the door the next morning to unload we are finding the items inside are still wet; like heat condensation droplets. We thought the dry function would prevent this! Has anyone else experienced the same issue & can you offer any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Yes you leave the door ajar slightly you are getting condensation Hope this helpsI usually use program 3 and don't have this issue.Thank you Bev & Nina 61; I will try both of your suggestions :)

DFN38450X (Stainless Steel)DFN38450W (White)
Price (RRP) $999$999