Belling FSE60MFS

Would not buy this product!

The Induction Hobs did not work properly. Took over 5 minutes to boil 500 ml of water, where as their video promotes it should only take 1½ minutes. We had consistent issues with the Hobs cutting out in the middle of cooking or at times not even working when turned on. We had their Tech Service out several times to try and fix the issue but in the end we demanded a refund. Thankfully the service provided by Harvey Norman was great in providing a store credit. We then went with another brand.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Hi Kezz, thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. It is concerning to hear of your experience. We have sent you a PM requesting some further information. Thank you.

Quality Even Cooking

We might be a bit skewed by replacing a really old 1940s clapped out gas stove with our new Belling - but we have been delighted with it. We've had our Belling now for 1 Year.

We went the wider model which gives a bit more space around the Gas Burners. Good heat control with the burners from a very low flame to a high flame. We've used other brands in Holiday Rentals and noticed many don't have much difference between low and high.

Split ovens are BRILLIANT. Top oven gets hotter - and quicker to do so. Electric Grill in top oven is fast and efficient. Top oven is auto-fan forced - no way to turn that off, but not been a drawback.

Lower bigger oven also is good, but doesn't seem to cook as hot as the bottom. We tend to brown things like Roast Potatoes up top, because it just crips things up better.

Lower oven with manual on/off for fan force is still good. We actually think our old clapped out oven cooked a bit hotter - but like anything, you get use to it and adjust your cooking times / recipes to suit.

Electric Ignition system works well all round. Easy to Clean every element of cooktop and ovens.

Glass fold down lid over cooktop looks really nice, but it has no soft-close feature, so you just need to be careful not to drop the lid down. This is a minor gripe.

We would definitely buy another Belling. Very good value for money. We cook with all elements on the oven on a daily basis - including lots of cake / biscuit baking. All come out beautifully!

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Wow! What a great customer review to start our week! Thank you, Bill.

It’s not bad

Pretty good oven I like the top oven cooks the food evenly through more so than the bottom oven.
Only downside iv found is that cooking with the gas burners it’s quite slow compared to what I use to have it is a stylish and modern looking oven with a glass top

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Thanks for the review, Mick!

Love this electric!

Great value...ceramic hot plates with dual oven 600 mm. I can roast in the bottom and toast in the top. Prepared a simple tray of roast pumpkin and it was the best cooked pumpkin I ever had. So evenly cooked. Everything has turned out perfectly. Ceramic quick to heat too. Also very easy to install and the black and chrome looks very smart in my kitchen. Please note.. it smells a bit funny when you first cook with grill and oven. Heat your oven to very hot for an hour a few times and it disappears.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Hi Lisa, thank you for leaving us such an informative and positive review. We are glad you love your Belling!

Love this oven

We had to buy this oven to fit in a small space in an existing kitchen. We love the style and the simple black glass and Crome looks perfect. Love the two oven setup. The small one us suitable for reheating and grilling and large one though smallish is big enough for us. Stylish and was easy to install.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Would not purchase again

It cooks okay but there is no timer or automatic function to help. It is a basic stove that fits in our space and cooks okay. It took a while to get used to the temperature as it seemed hotter than my last stove. Ceramic top requires cleaning after each use.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Hi Jenni, First of all, thank you for your review of our product. I wanted to reach out because we'd like to know a bit more on how did you find the programmable clock and timer of this model unhelpful to cook. Since both the FSE60MF and FSE61iS have fully programmable timers, we just wanted to make sure you have correctly set it up. You can find a quick guide on how to take advantage of the timer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgQf4ZaMJTY Please reach out to us on 1300 556 816 if you have any enquiries regarding the use of your Belling freestanding cooker. We'll be happy to help you. Warm regards, - Alex on behalf of Belling Australia

looks nice

I am extremely happy with everything about this appliance cook top and ovens. the only draw back is the bottom oven is quite low to the floor which we didnt take note of when we purchased it heat up quickly and hotplates seem to be nice size and heat up quickly

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Love how this oven cooks.

This freestanding oven cooks wonderfully and is easy to use. Ceramic top a little difficult to clean but Belling customer sevice very helpful and issues resolved. Love the pull out oven door much better than drop down. The grill is a small oven as well which is great for family dinners. Not overly large but sufficient for small family.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

wonderful stove

I am extremely happy with everything about this appliance cook top and ovens. The induction hot plates are cleaner and faster than gas cooking I have no trouble with keeping the surface shiny and bright. I am so pleased that I chose this Belling as I have always had other brands. Thank you Belling for a very good product

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Looks great. Works great.

I love the dual oven system. I have owned the stove for about eight months and have only used the larger oven a couple of times.
The only negative comment I have is that there are no indicator lights on the stovetop controls to show when they are on. This is a minor problem as, being rectangular in shape, it is quite easy to see if they are on.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

belling oven

Great oven
We've had it for about 3 years now, with the hot plates used most every night and the bottom over used once a week at least for a family roast.
It's a nice looking oven too, set in amongst the cupboards looks really flash!
Haven't had any problems what so ever and really happy with it.

Date PurchasedJun 2014

great with cooking not cleaning

I am very happy how my food is cooked in the bottom oven but the buttons are flimsy and broke within the first year. The oven is a real pain to clean and being free standing on the floor, it is hard to reach the back, but that was my choice, not a good one in the end. I find the top of the cook top very hard to keep clean and even drips of water leave a stain.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Absolutely fabulous

Since the purchase of the oven cooking has taken on a whole new meaning. In our previous stove when we were cooking you could not rely on anything turning out OK. The oven temp went up and down and very often went out.
Since the installation of our new belling the temp can be relied on and the cleaning of the cook tops area could not be easier. Very verey happy with it

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

From an old stove to 21st century cooking.

A " dream" to cook with. Preparing is the first step then the cooker transforms it into a delicious dream, this cooker "is great".
The two ovens are very helpful. Top oven very useful has a grill as well. Bottom oven for larger meals, the door opens sideways, brilliant. Large oven fan forced. Ceramic top great to clean.

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Very, very happy with this stove.

I am delighted with this cooker/stove. It is a replacement for a 54cm Westinghouse conventional oven with griller and coil ring hob.

I wanted a double oven, freestanding stove. While I have a very big kitchen (7.5 m x 4 m) I am short of space as the kitcgen has four doors and a chimney with combustion stove (think Southern Cross railway station - lots of space but not much is usable for stationery things).

I really wanted the Belling Richmond ($4,000) but my biscuit tray, which I took in to try, poked out 50 ml - so that was out! I looked at other 90cm stoves - nope! Big ovens - big waste of energy.

The hob on this stove is ceramic - and very fast. The rings were well suited to my Scanpan commercial saucepans. You need to measure yours. I measured up my chef pan, frying pans to compare, before I committed to this stove.
Also, I took a tape measure and my baking dish and biscuit tray in to the store to try them.

The ovens are European style - small, compact - hopefully use less energy. One trick I learned from a saleswoman - the oven trays have a turned up lip but if you turn them upside down so that the lip is facing downwards you suddenly get extra room for that big pizza tray!

The stainless steel is only on the two oven crossbars - the rest is buffed steel.

This stove is all that its sheet says it is. The multifunctional, bigger oven is great. The griller/too, small oven I use much, much more than I thought I would.

The timers are so easy to operate. The MF main oven gives so many choices.

I found my saucepans fitted the rings on the hob. I have a chef pan with a base that fits the big ring. Measure the bases of your cookwear.

Be aware that the ceramic hob protrudes perhaps 50 ml beyond the main unit at the back.

Having said all that, am I happy. Indeed I am. I bought this at Harvey Norman at a sale, then haggle, price.

if you don't like compact ovens, look elsewhere taking your measurements as you go.

One thing also I like is the left hinged door which swings back almost to the side of the stove. Oh, and, the legs extend to 140 cms. I wanted the main oven up as far as I could get it from the floor. The stove is also suitable to a plinth to make it even higher.

Consider this one.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

stove on fire!!

I purchased my oven in Feb 2015. On Sunday night whilst cooking a roast I heard a loud pop coming from the kitchen. I went into the kitchen and the back of the oven was on fire , luckily we caught this just in time. I rang Belling and was told it was the fitting at the back of the oven and they would sent the part to me.I also was told to get the Electrician to make sure it was screwed in tight when they put the new part in.The last electrician who put it in made sure it was screwed in tight.I hope this doesn't happen again.I am awaiting on the part and will have to find an electrician and pay for this to be done. The guy at Belling was so sure about what part was needed and he voice gave away that this problem has occurred before.I would be interested if anybody else has had this problem.Also I would like to comment on the booklet that came with the stove utter waste of time to read as it doesn't give clear instructions only very confusing instructions to use both ovens. I would never purchase this brand again!!

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
Hi Toni. Sorry to hear this has happened. Please know that this is not a normal occurrence and is generally indicative of a loose connection at the terminal block. This is where the (property/house mains) electrical connection is wired into the oven. If the connection/links are not fitted into the terminal block correctly and/ or tightened sufficiently by the installer, a loose connection will mean that there is a poor electrical contact and the resistance to the electric current flow will be higher causing power to be dissipated as heat. Eventually over time the insulation on the wire starts to melt and/ or burn, as usually the heat will transfer through to the terminal block. This will result in the fault that you have experienced. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused and whilst we will assist as much as possible ie replacing the part at nil charge etc, we cannot warranty incorrect installation.

Disappointed!

Very disappointed. Ceramic hob cracked in under three months from a very small incident - very thin glass top. No Warranty on glass top EVER and worth too much to replace - almost $1000. Oven door was bent/out of line from the box. Rang Harvey Norman and was told neither covered under warranty. Belling confirmed this. Oven temp seems to be too hot. Blackouts confuse it. Polished look on handles nice but sides of doors stain and mark badly. Very disappointed as was supposed to be feature in new kitchen layout.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Faulty nobs.

I loved the look of this stove and it was great at the start but after 12 months the nobs one by one all broke. Staff at there centre were great and sent me some replacements but they have since broken again and Iv had to replace them myself. I found the cooking fine no issues. Loved having duel ovens.

Warranty and manufacturing issues!

I purchased a Belling FSE60MF last year as it seemed to tick all my requirements and at the time the reviews appeared to be good. Unfortunately the inside glass oven door panel exploded while I was cooking. I have always treated my stoves with care and have never had a stove door explode before. We rang Belling Australia only to be told that that part of the oven is not under warranty and that we must have done something to cause the event. After some discussion they decided to send us a new piece of glass. At no time was an exploding oven door considered a fault by the distributor. I have written this review to let others know of the Belling Australia warranty. I have had lots of ovens over the years and have never had one explode before, what has changed? A couple of years on since purchasing my Belling and I am happy to say the oven door has remained stable. Unfortunatley the front hotplate no longer works as it should, and all the knobs have broken and are very expensive to replace.
It had all my requirements for an upright stove.
The oven door exploded.

My stove top elements have all suddenly stopped working. All other oven/ grill functions are working fine. The electrician has found no obvious fault so is getting more info about our stove before troubleshooting further. Have you heard of any faults where all four elements are affected .generally i would expect one ring to not work but loss of all four at once seems unusual. Any thoughts.
Hi there Chubb- it might be worth having a look at the links/ connections in the terminal block at the rear of the cooker. If these connections have worked loose there will be a power cut to the cooktop. Other than this there nothing else really that would affect the cooktop as a whole (or leave the oven etc working but the cooktop not) If you would like to contact our office direct and speak with our Tech team we can advise further as appropriate: 1300-556-816Mine is working fine, afraid I have no information that may helpwe purchased a belling FSE60MFS in 2017 and recently all cooktops have ceased working with a E8 error flashing. we approached harvey norman who immediately contacted belling. we were contacted by a belling rep the following day and told it was the fan under the hot plates and no parts were in the country but they would work something out. 4 weeks later. soon after belling replaced the stove with a new one, which works well, and we are very happy with it.

CategoryFreestanding Ovens