Bellini BTK615

Bellini BTK615

See the Best Electric Kettles in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)

Howly

HowlyBundaberg

If it wasn’t so noisy it’d be five stars ...

It boils water great but the three unnecessary ear piercing beeps when it’s finished is ridiculous. Great if you’d like to give up your early morning cuppa or the late night Milos. Its going in the bin

SynthFar West, NSW

Great product.

The kettle features a temperature select base with an auto keep warm setting. Made out of stainless steel with a digital display. Easy to clean with a good size opening.
I have only swapped it out for a new one under warranty once, it is still going strong almost 3yrs later.

Purchased at Target Australia for $49.00.

Mandy12

Mandy12Perth, WA

Good Kettle

Purchased in July 2018 at Target Australia for $49.00.

Daniel W.Hunter Region, NSW

Decent but you also get what you pay for

Purchased in May 2018 at Target Australia for $49.00.

Bellini

BelliniSydney, NSW

Good kettle resonable price

Bought this at first to make bottle of milk for my little girl at the right temperature, love using it, still going after 3yrs. Love that you can pick the temperature of heating the water for making teas. It shows the water level very clearly with the indecater. Great product.

Date PurchasedJul 2015

Carol

CarolSydney

Noisy!!!

Do not waste your money!! This kettle is the most irritating appliance to ever enter my household. It SCREAMS blue murder in the form of obnoxiously loud beeps that could wake your neighbours once the water has boiled. Absolutely unnecessary. The water boils super loudly too.. I was so shocked after buying this jug to replace my old very quiet sunbeam jug. Not only does it also beep super loud after its boiled, it also beeps loudly when you press the buttons. It also HUMS with a noisy frequency when it's on standby, so you have to turn it off at the power point for it to be quiet. Used this thing for one day and it stopped working, wouldn't turn on! Thank god for that, so I had a good excuse to return it! Junk.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Lasted 30 months

I liked this kettle. It occasionally had a mind of its own but just by turning it off at the socket and letting it rest for a few minutes fixed it. But today, "BANG". It was at about 75 deg C and then the ominous "pfft" sound and a little bit of smoke. It tripped the mains.
I am a curious person so I had a look inside. The kettle had melted the solder at the spade terminal for the mains power. No obvious reason. No water in the case. No fried cockroach. I am not sure I will buy another but it did cost just $ 1.63 per month or under 6 cents per day.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Dashing Dachshunds

Dashing DachshundsTallai

Great for temperature selection..

Recently purchased kettle for the temperature setting to make baby formula bottles, super handy and quick to reach desired temperature, the beep noise is a little louder, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.
Sleek chrome looks good on bench, as I like a less cluttered look! Happy with it!!

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Jim from Castle Hill

Jim from Castle HillBALLARAT

Another Piece of Landfill

Water started leaking out of the level indicator chamber and onto the electrical pad after about a year and we had to throw it. On/Off push button is fiddly and temperamental. Also very noisy loud beeping on boil which is unnecessary. We never used the fancy temperature controls - all I want is a reliable jug that boils water... and this was not it.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Skippy

Skippy

Very good for the price

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Woot

Woot

Stopped working, Piercing noise

Worked ok for around 2 years, but one day turned on & it wouldn't start the heating process. Just sat there displaying 20 degrees & that's all. While it was working had a piercing beep when it reached boil point. The annoying power-off at Standby mode which is detailed in many of the reviews was very annoying. Would not recommend & I'll never buy a full-featured digital kettle ever again.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Ben

Ben

Rubbish for the price

Considering the age of this kettle I would of expected it to last longer, the buttons get stuck sometimes which rendered it useless until they pop out again the text around each button wore off within the first month and it sometimes leaks must be when it’s in a mood. But don’t waste your money just spend a little more to get a quality kettle.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Gina G

Gina GRegents Park

Not Good

Had the kettle just over 12 months and it is now leaking from the plastic water level indicator very dangerous Had to go out today and buy a new kettle ...a much cheaper one so I will see how the cheaper kettle goes
Would not purchase a Bellini model again

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Louise

LouiseMelbourne

You shouldnt have to explain to guests how to use your kettle....

It's just a kettle - it shouldnt need a 17 step instruction manual to opperate. I shouldnt have to explain to guests how to use it. It's noisy (sounds like you are sending morse code everytime you use it). It's slow. It leaks. Dont waste your time or money on it...

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Great Kettle at a great cost

We have had this Kettle for well over 12 months and it has been fantastic out of the box. We have not had a problem whatsoever. It is very easy to use, boils quickly and the temp selected is basically the temp you get.

I do not regret buying this temp control kettle over a more expensive brand. For under $50..... you can't go wrong.

Date PurchasedDec 2015
Katherine

KatherineBrisbane

Grrrrr!

I bought my kettle a couple of years ago but had it, still boxed, stored as I did not need it at the time. Pulled it out last Xmas Eve and have been using it for all of 2 weeks. Today I won't work. The lights are on but there is no one home. It shows the temperature (27) but will not turn on or boil at all. Surely storing it, still in its box in a dry cupboard, should not cause it to die. Naturally even if I did find the docket it would be out of warranty now. I think I will stick to an el cheapo Kambrook from now on!

Date PurchasedApr 2015

allmyfriendsSouth East Queensland, QLD

A cheap kettle with temperature selections. It works... so far

The Bellini BTK615 is one of the cheaper temperature controlled kettles out there (< $60 delivered). It has a nice metal finish, with good temperature selections from 30-100 degrees.

I've had no problems so far except the button labels are starting to come off. The beeps can be a little annoying as well. It handled the many hot water bottles during winter fine.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Died in October 2019

Shannon

Shannonperth

Worst kettle i have ever owned

This is a terrible kettle, you have to press down the on button for ages just to turn kettle on, then press again for the kettle to start. It is very noisy and very slow. Not worth the money at all, very disappointed. Would not recommend this product to anyone.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Honeybower

HoneybowerAU

Temperature selection at a good price.

Being a coffee drinker, I wanted to be able to set the temperature, and this kettle was half the price of the other I had looked at. I haven't experienced any major issues, but it doesn't always beep when the temperature has been reached (that wasn't a feature I needed anyway).

+ The display panel has a power saving feature.
+ Keep warm feature.
+ Display panel shows current temperature, so you can tell if water is nearly boiled.
- It doesn't retain my chosen temperature, so I have to reset the temperature every time I use it.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Kate

Kate

Good kettle but they play up a lot

After owning two of these kettles I gave up and switched brands. The idea of having the electronic panel to control temperature was nice in theory, but it played up constantly- it wouldn't turn on or off at times, it wouldn't beep when the water was boiled as it was supposed to. I was hoping maybe I'd just received a dodgy one, but the second one was exactly the same.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Donna S.

Donna S.asked

Can I still buy one

Debbie G.asked

My Kettle is leaking externally from the water guage, Is there an easy fix for this or is it time 2 replace? I have only had this for 18 months & am a little upset and annoyed that this is happening now. My warranty is now out of date.

Daniel W.

You could try a silicone sealant but in my experience, these kettles are designed to die just after their warranty period and I’ve been through 2 of them.

Debbie G.

Thanx Daniel, I think ur right just safer 2 cut my losses & buy a new 1. Bit annoying tho, u would think that they would last longer...this time I think I will 'make sure' that I get another brand!

Debbie G.asked

My kettle is leaking internally from the water guage...I am hesitant of applying some type of sealant 2 this as this is internal, is there an easy fix for this, or is it time for a new kettle?
Btw...I have only had this for approx 18months and am upset and a little annoyed that this has come 2 this & it hasnt lasted longer.

Synth

I wouldn't add sealant. My kettle is still going strong and is roughly 3yrs old. I would buy another one and swap them over for a refund.

Kenny L
Kenny L

Don't use sealant. I tried it... ie went down that road/path several times. Sealant won't work ... or at least, it's not going to fix it. The only way I managed to get a reliable kettle from one of these, was to remove the handle, then remove the water level indicator gauge, and used a blow-torch technique to weld round metal pieces over the holes where the indicator tubes normally go. In other words, using welding method to plug the holes. And that wasn't easy to do properly, as the kettle's stainless steel plate is rather thin, and it wasn't easy to get the filler metal material to bind to both the stainless steel and the metal plugging material. I managed it though --- once only. And using typical arc-welding techniques won't work, as it will just burn holes through the thin stainless steel.

So, I do have a single BTK615 kettle that really has the holes sealed properly by blow-torch welding. Wasn't straight forward. The result doesn't look fantastic, but it sure works.

Interestingly, at Target, they then introduced a BTGK19 Bellini Smart Tea Kettle, which is a glass kettle. Now, this glass kettle is absolutely fantastic. I purchased one of these. It is a winner. This one doesn't have a water level indicator (as glass kettles don't need a level indicator) and will not leak. Interestingly, the BTGK19 glass kettle works excellently with the BTK615 base (ie. you can put the glass kettle on the BTK615 round base, totally compatible with the base). The reason I chose to do this mix and match (ie. use glass kettle on old base), is because the base of the BTGK19 doesn't operate in the same way as the BTK615 base. Reason ----- they market the BTGK19 as a 'tea kettle', so the BTGK19 base has some annoying programmed features for 'tea' temperature control operations, which are fiddly and annoying, and are just there by default.

However, when the BTGK19 glass kettle is mated with the BTK615 base, the result is a perfect combination. A winner in fact. No leaks - and convenient to use. However, though, the BTGK19 glass kettle doesn't have a push button flip-lid. So you do have to manually remove the top in order to fill water. But this is no problem for me to do.

But ---- very surprisingly --- while the BTGK19 smart tea kettle has probably been on the shelves of Target for a few months or so only, I have noticed that it has been abruptly removed from shelves. Even online links to it appears to have been removed - not just from Target itself, but from everywhere on the internet. You can still maybe find 1 or 2 images of the BTGK19 on the internet. I don't know what the situation is on that one. An interesting development.

Also interestingly, it appears that the BTK615 may have come to the end of the road, as Target appears to have pulled this one off the shelves. This is probably to make way for the BDK20B kettle. This new BDK20B kettle appears to have a different type of plastic for the indicator. So it is highly likely that the BDK20B kettle won't suffer cracking in the indicator plastic (due to thermal expansion and contraction), as the BDK20B indicator plastic appears to be a more durable/flexible type of plastic, not the same type of plastic indicator seen in the BTK615 water level indicator.

So - what I am testing right now is - the combination of the kettle of the BDK20B and the BASE of the BTK615, which are working together excellently. The reason for myself not using the base of the BDK20B is because the BDK20B base doesn't have a digital temperature readout. But - for those that don't require a temperature readout, then I think that the base of the BDK20B will work just fine. There's no problem with it.

Unfortunately, because it looks like the BTK615 has probably come to the end of the road for sales - or so it seems - this means that it's going to be hard to get the nice-featured BTK615 base/stand. I have no problem with the beep feature of the BTK615. I also like the convenience of holding-down the right-most button for commencing a boiling cycle. But fortunately, I managed to stock up on a few BTK615 units, so I have some spare BTK615 bases to be used for spare parts.

So, now that it appears that the BTGK19 and BTK615 are gone - I can use the BTK615 base with the BDK20B kettle. I think this will be a neat combination - because the BDK20B kettle has a push-button flip-lid, and I also believe for the moment that the BDK20B plastic indicator is not going to leak (ie. they probably chose the right sort of plastic material to use this time, as compared with the flawed plastic of the BTK615 water level indicator).

Get an answer from our members and Bellini representatives

Download manual